Maintenance for the week of September 16:
• [COMPLETE] PC/Mac: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – September 16, 4:00AM EDT (8:00 UTC) – 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)
• Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – September 18, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – September 18, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

The Crafter's Event makes it so you can make 4k plus transmute crystals an hour

• Grizzbeorn
    Grizzbeorn
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    ZOS_Kevin wrote: »
    There was an issue with the transmute crystals. This issue has been resolved, so you should be good to participate now without fear of exploiting.
      PC/NA Warden Main
    • ZOS_Kevin
      ZOS_Kevin
      Community Manager
      Hi all, we have pushed a patch to resolve this issue. You are free to carry on with the event without issue.
      Community Manager for ZeniMax Online Studio and Elder Scrolls OnlineDev Tracker | Service Alerts | ESO Twitter
      Staff Post
    • Kite42
      Kite42
      ✭✭✭✭✭
      N'WAHs!
    • EF321
      EF321
      ✭✭✭✭✭
      ✭✭
      Hi all, we have pushed a patch to resolve this issue. You are free to carry on with the event without issue.

But will there be bans?
    • Tyrant_Tim
      Tyrant_Tim
      ✭✭✭✭✭
      ✭✭

Can your team look at a way to increase transmute crystal gain from regular sources during the event?

Especially considering that reducing the costs for reconstruction is no longer a thing and transmute efficiency was originally a part of the event?
      Edited by Tyrant_Tim on February 15, 2024 5:51PM
    • smdalyb14_ESO
      smdalyb14_ESO
      ✭✭✭

"Fixed the issue" by turning off half price set recreation?? So that's just not part of the event now?
    • Destai
      Destai
      ✭✭✭✭✭
      ✭✭✭

Can we please have more detailed communication? There were questions here about bans. Is that something that needs to be worried about again?
      Edited by Destai on February 15, 2024 6:23PM
    • Brashnek
      Brashnek
      Soul Shriven
      Phew, my trade guilds can finally stop mass producing Potent Nirncrux now. I too was getting tired of all these discord screenshots of members bragging about the hundreds of Potents they freely generated. Glad it was only a minor issue. Feel free to stop by Mournhold on PC NA, we got plenty of Potent Nircrux for everyone!
    • Poss
      Poss
      ✭✭✭✭
      Tyrant_Tim wrote: »
      Can your team look at a way to increase transmute crystal gain from regular sources during the event?

Like this idea!!
    • Reginald_leBlem
      Reginald_leBlem
      ✭✭✭✭✭

What about those of us that didn't get the reduced cost at all?
    • Groterdan
      Groterdan
      ✭✭✭
      Wanted to try some new sets . To bad zos pulled zos ...
    • Kite42
      Kite42
      ✭✭✭✭✭
      Then you got to watch others grab craploads of free transmutes while you got nothing. Fun, right.

Hey, I've heard you can grab 10 transmutes by taking 3 clueless newbies unfamiliar with English through Scalcaller Peak. Not bad for possibly 2 hours work am I right! Epic.
    • FrancisCrawford
      FrancisCrawford
      ✭✭✭✭✭
      ✭✭✭✭
      CrazyKitty wrote: »
      You still have to store all those reconstructed items. For me, I'm already flooded with too many transmute crystals. My storage is always maxed for transmutes, have 50 or so crystals with 10 transmutes, 135 crystals with 50 transmutes, and over a hundred uncracked with 4-25 crystals.

I see your point, but for at least a couple reasons it's a waste of time to do what your talking about. Maybe for some they could get to their crystal cap real quick and call it good, which would help them. But going beyond that will just result in a storage capacity issue.

Why store a crystal with fewer than 25 transmutes? You can always create an item that effectively banks 25 crystals in a single inventory slot.
    • Tyrant_Tim
      Tyrant_Tim
      ✭✭✭✭✭
      ✭✭
      Kite42 wrote: »
      Then you got to watch others grab craploads of free transmutes while you got nothing. Fun, right.

Hey, I've heard you can grab 10 transmutes by taking 3 clueless newbies unfamiliar with English through Scalcaller Peak. Not bad for possibly 2 hours work am I right! Epic.

Right, it would be nice to increase Transmutes earned everywhere during the event to replace that now missing 50% off.
      Edited by Tyrant_Tim on February 15, 2024 6:09PM
    • Kite42
      Kite42
      ✭✭✭✭✭
      Don't have to interface with those easy to use reconstruction machines. Yay!!
    • TheMajority
      TheMajority
      ✭✭✭✭✭

@ZOS_Kevin Did you intentionaly remove the %50 off reduction? Why not just remove the part where people could decon for double instead of taking away the %50 off? That was the most exciting part of the event
      Time flies like an arrow- but fruit flies like a banana.

Sorry for my English, I do not always have a translation tool available. Thank you for your patience with our conversation and working towards our mutual understanding of the topic.
    • FrancisCrawford
      FrancisCrawford
      ✭✭✭✭✭
      ✭✭✭✭
      So they canceled the discount in reconstitution.

On the other hand, if you have a bad-trait item in a partially-stickered set that you never broke down, you can probably transmute for the same 25 crystals you can't yet reconstitute for.
      Edited by FrancisCrawford on February 15, 2024 6:18PM
    • EF321
      EF321
      ✭✭✭✭✭
      ✭✭

@ZOS_Kevin Did you intentionaly remove the %50 off reduction? Why not just remove the part where people could decon for double instead of taking away the %50 off? That was the most exciting part of the event

Should have just been a cap of 25 for reconstruction, still UP TO 50% off, as long as it is above 25. Can't be abused, still benefits those with no full sets collected.
    • BetweenMidgets
      BetweenMidgets
      ✭✭✭✭✭
      So what got changed?

How much does it now cost to reconstitute something for which you have a full sticker book?

However much it cost before the event. Effectively they turned that portion off. Not sure if it will return or be removed from the event.
      PC-NA
    • ZOS_Kevin
      ZOS_Kevin
      Community Manager
      @ZOS_Kevin Did you intentionally remove the %50 off reduction? Why not just remove the part where people could decon for double instead of taking away the %50 off? That was the most exciting part of the event

Yes, this was removed. Changing the decon value isn't how the event was built to function, so it would require a code fix, which isn't a quick thing. The reduction is easier for us to react to since it is effectively a toggle to turn things on and off. We'll look into addressing this for future versions of the event.
      Community Manager for ZeniMax Online Studio and Elder Scrolls OnlineDev Tracker | Service Alerts | ESO Twitter
      Staff Post
    • pklemming
      pklemming
      ✭✭✭✭✭
      They need to do something. Actually logged on to make sets today when I was told they were half price to make. OFC, they managed to screw it up somehow, then, instead of fixing it, turned it off completely.
    • Grizzbeorn
      Grizzbeorn
      ✭✭✭✭✭
      ✭✭✭
      pklemming wrote: »
      They need to do something. Actually logged on to make sets today when I was told they were half price to make. OFC, they managed to screw it up somehow, then, instead of fixing it, turned it off completely.

Turning it off was the fix.
        PC/NA Warden Main
      • Remathilis
        Remathilis
        ✭✭✭✭✭
        So the event is basically double drop from harvesting nodes and bonus crafting inspiration?

Yawn.
        Edited by Remathilis on February 15, 2024 6:16PM
      • pklemming
        pklemming
        ✭✭✭✭✭
        Grizzbeorn wrote: »

Yup, and this is basically why I am pretty much only on for trials now. Other games with devs that actually care and no what they are doing. That understand a game is supposed to be fun and listen to player's feedback.

The ONLY feature that interested me was being able to craft more gear without having to go through as many random normals. The rest is pretty much a non-event.
      • Destai
        Destai
        ✭✭✭✭✭
        ✭✭✭
        @ZOS_Kevin Did you intentionally remove the %50 off reduction? Why not just remove the part where people could decon for double instead of taking away the %50 off? That was the most exciting part of the event

Yes, this was removed. Changing the decon value isn't how the event was built to function, so it would require a code fix, which isn't a quick thing. The reduction is easier for us to react to since it is effectively a toggle to turn things on and off. We'll look into addressing this for future versions of the event.

Good call, seems like the right move. (that's sincere, not sarcasm)
        Edited by Destai on February 15, 2024 6:22PM
      • Tyrant_Tim
        Tyrant_Tim
        ✭✭✭✭✭
        ✭✭
        Destai wrote: »

Good call, seems like the right move.

Great call even, why replace it with anything else when you can just tell people to wait until the next time the event comes around.
        Edited by Tyrant_Tim on February 15, 2024 6:23PM
      • MagdaV
        MagdaV
        Soul Shriven
        [quote="ZOS_Kevin;c-8046581"Yes, this was removed. Changing the decon value isn't how the event was built to function, so it would require a code fix, which isn't a quick thing. The reduction is easier for us to react to since it is effectively a toggle to turn things on and off. We'll look into addressing this for future versions of the event. [/quote]

With all do respect, I am confused. Your QA testers missed this. They miss these things all the time. If this had been a one off situation, sure. Roll back is good enough. Mistakes happen, and we move on. However, it is becoming the norm that the QA testing is missing the most basic of potential "exploits" or holes in the code logic.

So instead of fixing an issue, you are basically doing a take back. Those that did NOT take advantage of this mess up and reported it and/or just didn't do it are now going to miss out on a potential perk of the event. Please, do better. Make your QA testers play the game so they catch these thing before launch in the future.

Respectfully,
        A former software QA tester that knows better
      • Billium813
        Billium813
        ✭✭✭✭✭
        Wouldn't this loophole just be fixed by requiring the Trait material to Transmute? Then, who cares if players have infinite Transmutation Crystals? It becomes less of an issue, and maybe even a good Event where Transmuting is free for 4 days so players can test whatever they want.
      • TheMajority
        TheMajority
        ✭✭✭✭✭
        Grizzbeorn wrote: »

It's not a good fix. The most promising aspect of the event was the ability to reconstruct gear for %50 off the transmute cost. Now this has been removed, and no one knows when this event might occur again. What should happen is a fix to the code that causes the deconstruction exploit to occur, and an extension to the event allowing players to reconstruct gear for %50 off (but of course, with no ability to get double back on deconstruction)

The event has now been reduced to providing very little reward to those who have spent time and effort to gather transmutes and materials, not to mention the newer players who must be disappointed that they cannot make that set they were finally looking forwards to making.

Hopefully they will consider fixing this sooner, rather than later, so that the event can commence with the promised rewards on the splash screen.
        Time flies like an arrow- but fruit flies like a banana.

Sorry for my English, I do not always have a translation tool available. Thank you for your patience with our conversation and working towards our mutual understanding of the topic.
      • thorwyn
        thorwyn
        ✭✭✭✭✭
        ✭✭✭
        Ellander wrote: »
        @ZOS_GinaBruno @ZOS_Kevin Can we have an update on this please ?

Don't hold your breath.
        And if the dam breaks open many years too soon
        And if there is no room upon the hill
        And if your head explodes with dark forebodings too
        I'll see you on the dark side of the moon