Maintenance for the week of September 16:
• [COMPLETE] PC/Mac: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – September 16, 4:00AM EDT (8:00 UTC) – 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)
• Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – September 18, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – September 18, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

The Crafter's Event makes it so you can make 4k plus transmute crystals an hour

• shimm
    shimm
    ✭✭✭✭
    virtus753 wrote: »
    It would take too long to change the code in time for this iteration of the event:

https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/comment/8046581/#Comment_8046581

Not blaming you for reposting the official response, but it’s not acceptable. I’ve never heard of such a thing with any other live service game. It would have been better for them to pull the event and relaunch it when it was fixed.

• virtus753
    virtus753
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    You max at 1000 crystals it's literally a non-issue that they see as one for whatever reason.

You are only capped at 500/1000 crystals in the form of currency. You can store crystals in the form of reconstructed set pieces up to your inventory limit. You can decon them whenever you like for 25 crystals per piece. You lose nothing on that transaction as long as they cost only 25 crystals to make in the first place. The pieces function as 25-crystal geodes, essentially.

If you have 20 characters with 215 inventory slots, all four chests, all four coffers, and 480 space in your bank, you could theoretically store 5,140 reconstructed items, which would give 128,500 crystals on decon. If all of those had been reconstructed for 12 crystals but yielded 25 on decon, you'd have made 66,820 free crystals. Obviously that theoretical limit isn't a realistic scenario, but the potential gain from the free 13 crystals per piece is very much not limited by the 500/1k crystal currency cap.

ETA: You could add in 12 more pieces per character if you wear your reconned pieces and intend to decon them too.
    Edited by virtus753 on February 16, 2024 9:34PM
  • Janni
    Janni
    ✭✭✭✭
    Vaqual wrote: »
    I didn't read most of this properly, but you people are easy to upset.
    Sure, too bad the event has one benefit less, but allowing an exploit like this to be available is much worse.

I think many of us aren't upset that they disabled it. We're upset that they didn't see the *very* obvious repercussions of such a benefit and clearly didn't bother even with the most cursory of tests. And it's not the first time for this sort of thing. Much more important systems have been broken and released when it was clear that absolutely zero testing was involved whatsoever. This is just another case in a long list after they specifically stated that they wanted to focus more on issues like this rather than push extra content with each year going forward. They are just words with little hard evidence to back them up.
    Edited by Janni on February 17, 2024 4:14AM
  • DADDYOLDSCHOOL
    ZOS_Kevin wrote: »
    @ZOS_Kevin Did you intentionally remove the %50 off reduction? Why not just remove the part where people could decon for double instead of taking away the %50 off? That was the most exciting part of the event

Yes, this was removed. Changing the decon value isn't how the event was built to function, so it would require a code fix, which isn't a quick thing. The reduction is easier for us to react to since it is effectively a toggle to turn things on and off. We'll look into addressing this for future versions of the event.

• DADDYOLDSCHOOL
    I understand that it isn't feasible to leave the transmute cost reduction but that leaves the rest of us who've been here since launch feeling . . "deflated" as it was the only thing that was really worth while. Don’t get me wrong. Double writ vouchers is nice but I have a ton of them in my bank that aren't worth the price of completing them that might have been worth wile if they paid out double as well . . but again, they aren't included in the event. I really feel like a little forethought would have prevented this fiasco if the "creators" had more insight into the game itself. At the very least, get feedback from actual players before launching an event. The end result would be a much better experience for all of us. Just my two cents
    Edited by DADDYOLDSCHOOL on February 17, 2024 4:42PM
  • Deserrick
    Deserrick
    ✭✭✭
    Would it be possible to make a floor of 25, or maybe even set the cost to 25?
  • Destai
    Destai
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Destai wrote: »
    ZOS_Kevin wrote: »
    Hi all, we have pushed a patch to resolve this issue. You are free to carry on with the event without issue.

Can we please have more detailed communication? There were questions here about bans. Is that something that needs to be worried about again?

@ZOS_Kevin In light of recent events, it would’ve been nice if you had addressed this question.
  • Reginald_leBlem
    Reginald_leBlem
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    It would be nice to get some clarity, but yes, looks like people are getting banned farming crystals
  • ClowdyAllDay
    ClowdyAllDay
    ✭✭✭✭
    The Crafter's Event makes it so you can get permabanned and post messages on the forum asking for help with appeals

^^there i fixed the title of the thread for you