Maintenance for the week of September 9:
• PC/Mac: No maintenance – September 9

The Crafter's Event makes it so you can make 4k plus transmute crystals an hour

DirtyDeeds765
DirtyDeeds765
✭✭✭✭
I hate to be this guy...

But with the Crafter's Event that just started, if you know all pieces of a reconstructable set, you can reconstruct a piece for 12 crystals.

And then you can deconstruct that piece for 25 crystals. And profit 13 crystals.

And you can do this infinitely.

You could make 4k crystals an hour if you wanted.

And for the people that will claim that you can only possess 1k crystals with eso plus due to storage limitations, if you know all pieces of a reconstructable set, you can make pieces of that set and store them away to effectively bank more, and then add more to your crystal storage. And then deconstruct at a later time for the crystals back without losing any.

I would love to rack up 20k plus crystals during this event and be set for life but I love my account more.

Edit: For the record, I'm not encouraging this. Just letting it be known this is a thing. @ZOS_GinaBruno
Edited by DirtyDeeds765 on February 15, 2024 3:36PM
  • TheDarkRuler
    TheDarkRuler
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I also reported the issue in Bug Reports.
    This needs to be fixed asap.
  • ssewallb14_ESO
    ssewallb14_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yeah that's an exploit if it's actually working like that. I would not attempt.
  • WhosTheFancyOneNow
    WhosTheFancyOneNow
    ✭✭✭
    Working as intended. Thanks for the tip!
  • Raikiki
    Raikiki
    ✭✭✭
    Sounds like a Exploit. I would wait for a official statement. Otherwise you risk your account get banned.
  • CrazyKitty
    CrazyKitty
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    You still have to store all those reconstructed items. For me, I'm already flooded with too many transmute crystals. My storage is always maxed for transmutes, have 50 or so crystals with 10 transmutes, 135 crystals with 50 transmutes, and over a hundred uncracked with 4-25 crystals.

I see your point, but for at least a couple reasons it's a waste of time to do what your talking about. Maybe for some they could get to their crystal cap real quick and call it good, which would help them. But going beyond that will just result in a storage capacity issue.
  • TheDarkRuler
    TheDarkRuler
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Raikiki wrote: »
    Sounds like a Exploit. I would wait for a official statement. Otherwise you risk your account get banned.

Can only agree to that. Everyone using this should really read the terms of service of ESO.
  • ApoAlaia
    ApoAlaia
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    I already have 10k+ crystals between inventory, geodes and reconstructed gear, I have taken it to transmuting gear for nirncrux because I don't know what to do with them anymore.

No idea why anyone would make a big deal out of this...

• CrazyKitty
    CrazyKitty
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Doing this can't possibly be an exploit. It's how ZOS set up the system. If people get banned for doing this it would be a reflection on ZOS, not on the people doing it.
  • DirtyDeeds765
    DirtyDeeds765
    ✭✭✭✭
    CrazyKitty wrote: »
    You still have to store all those reconstructed items. For me, I'm already flooded with too many transmute crystals. My storage is always maxed for transmutes, have 50 or so crystals with 10 transmutes, 135 crystals with 50 transmutes, and over a hundred uncracked with 4-25 crystals.

I see your point, but for at least a couple reasons it's a waste of time to do what your talking about. Maybe for some they could get to their crystal cap real quick and call it good, which would help them. But going beyond that will just result in a storage capacity issue.

For the record, I'm not encouraging people to do this. Just letting ZOS and everybody know. But if you have 15 toons like me, all with max storage capacity, even 50 reconstructed items per toon is 18,750 crystals. And 50 extra items per toon really isn't that much when you have 215 slots per toon.
  • Destai
    Destai
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Wait there's a Crafter's Event? When was this announced?
  • RetPing
    RetPing
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Why an exploit?
    This is such a big oversight form dev that is almost uncoincevable.

• SerafinaWaterstar
    SerafinaWaterstar
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    But you can only hold 1000 at a time & you can’t sell them or any items made with them so what is the point?

(Know someone will say about possible nirncrux on deconstruction etc but there are easier ways to get that)
  • DirtyDeeds765
    DirtyDeeds765
    ✭✭✭✭
    But you can only hold 1000 at a time & you can’t sell them or any items made with them so what is the point?

(Know someone will say about possible nirncrux on deconstruction etc but there are easier ways to get that)

"And for the people that will claim that you can only possess 1k crystals with eso plus due to storage limitations, if you know all pieces of a reconstructable set, you can make pieces of that set and store them away to effectively bank more, and then add more to your crystal storage. And then deconstruct at a later time for the crystals back without losing any."
  • EF321
    EF321
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    RetPing wrote: »
    Why an exploit?
    This is such a big oversight form dev that is almost uncoincevable.

Yes, it took people like 2 minutes to figure out and test after even started :D
  • ClericPro
    ClericPro
    ✭✭✭
    You can create an item for 12 crystals, and after 5 days you get 25. Looks like an exploit? :)
  • DirtyDeeds765
    DirtyDeeds765
    ✭✭✭✭
    ClericPro wrote: »
    You can create an item for 12 crystals, and after 5 days you get 25. Looks like an exploit? :)

You get 25 immediately. You don't have to wait until the event is over lol.
  • SkaiFaith
    SkaiFaith
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I would like a confirmation too if my account risks a ban or I can take advantage of this.
    I've done this with one single item to test, and as soon as I've seen it works I've come here to report.
    I'm seeing a lot of players in clockwork city "abusing" of this. Well, I would really enjoy doing it too if it's intended, but I need to know if I risk my account before joining the folks...
    Please let us know @ZOS_Kevin
    Edited by SkaiFaith on February 15, 2024 3:44PM
    A: "We, as humans, should respect and take care of each other like in a Co-op, not a PvP 🌸"
    B: "Too many words. Words bad. Won't read. ⚔️"
  • ssewallb14_ESO
    ssewallb14_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    If this is intended then I'm putting 210 Hats of the Trainee on a mule and never farming transmutes again.
  • ClericPro
    ClericPro
    ✭✭✭
    Is there any difference?

• EF321
    EF321
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    ClericPro wrote: »
    Is there any difference?

Yes, you are limited by storage if you are saving it for after event. Now you can make as much transmutes as you can stomach making. Instantly use them to transmute piece of gear, make more, etc.
  • SerafinaWaterstar
    SerafinaWaterstar
    ✭✭✭✭✭

"And for the people that will claim that you can only possess 1k crystals with eso plus due to storage limitations, if you know all pieces of a reconstructable set, you can make pieces of that set and store them away to effectively bank more, and then add more to your crystal storage. And then deconstruct at a later time for the crystals back without losing any."

But transmutes are not hard to get. Storage is.
  • BetweenMidgets
    BetweenMidgets
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Destai wrote: »

still hasn't been. im sure youre shocked.
    PC-NA
  • bellablithely
    bellablithely
    ✭✭✭

It wasn't. The event just appeared without warning or explanation :-3
  • Grizzbeorn
    Grizzbeorn
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭

It wasn't.
    I only happened to see one person on the forum mention a few days ago that they got a promotional email that mentioned the event (it didn't give any details [like dates, or specifics about what the event would entail], though.)

But if you've opted-out of promotional emails and didn't happen to see that post, you wouldn't have any idea the event was coming at some point.
      PC/NA Warden Main
    • YffresTrill
      YffresTrill
      ✭✭✭✭
      Would really love an official statement on this, because I generally dislike transmute-gaining activities, so if I can take advantage of this I will. Not risking my account, though. :)
      @ Yffre'sTrill - PC/EU (No Steam)
      -
      Naering (Bosmer WW Archer - Valenwood separatist, Hircine-agnostic, honoured affiliate of the Gang of Scroungers.)
      Alts: Kunali, Free-as-Wind, Gurzog gro-Kosh, Seldril, Hatiba, Kareemal, Gilfirion, Elorwe, Ludvikke, Tsetha-Vos, Loulou Villeau, Nilvani, Horvund, Maritia, and Treads-the-Aurbis.
    • Faulgor
      Faulgor
      ✭✭✭✭✭
      ✭✭✭✭✭
      Yeah came to report this.

If this is a bannable explot it's the stupidest one ever, because it means I can't transmute anything the next couple of days without getting booted.
      Alandrol Sul: He's making another Numidium?!?
      Vivec: Worse, buddy. They're buying it.
    • Poss
      Poss
      ✭✭✭✭
      Why is this an issue? Someone with 1000 transmutes or 50 how does their crystal count affect anyone else?
    • EF321
      EF321
      ✭✭✭✭✭
      ✭✭
      Poss wrote: »
      Why is this an issue? Someone with 1000 transmutes or 50 how does their crystal count affect anyone else?

Free trait stones.
    • mychaelo
      mychaelo
      ✭✭✭
      Poss wrote: »

1. You have 1000 transmute stones
      2. You use them to retrait 83 weapons into a Nirnhoned trait
      3. You deconstruct those 83 weapons
      4. ???
      5. Profit
      PC Daggerfall Covenant
      Guildmaster of West Wind
    • Poss
      Poss
      ✭✭✭✭
      Then the issue is with the fact you can acquire nirncrux from deconned tramsmuted items which has existed since they added this feature