Maintenance for the week of September 16:
• [COMPLETE] PC/Mac: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – September 16, 4:00AM EDT (8:00 UTC) – 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)
• Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – September 18, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – September 18, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

The Crafter's Event makes it so you can make 4k plus transmute crystals an hour

• mychaelo
    mychaelo
    ✭✭✭
    Poss wrote: »
    Then the issue is with the fact you can acquire nirncrux from deconned tramsmuted items which has existed since they added this feature

Except here you can procure said Crux out of thin air, because every recon-decon cycle gives you a net profit of 13 stones.
    PC Daggerfall Covenant
    Guildmaster of West Wind
  • loosej
    loosej
    ✭✭✭✭
    Poss wrote: »
    Then the issue is with the fact you can acquire nirncrux from deconned tramsmuted items which has existed since they added this feature

Not really, usually those nirncrux still come at a high cost (transmutes), only ppl with more transmutes than they know what to do with will usually do this. But currently you can just generate infinite free transmutes, that's the issue.
  • Poss
    Poss
    ✭✭✭✭
    Yehhhh ok I get you now. Fair
    Edited by Poss on February 15, 2024 4:40PM
  • SkaiFaith
    SkaiFaith
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Another "issue" is: Transmutes are a method to keep players participating in group activities, Dungeons or PvP.
    Many players, like me, would love to accumulate 10.000 Transmutes with ease and never have to look again at those activities, but one could argue that it would be detrimental for the game health on the long run.
    Either way, we need a response by the devs to know for sure if this is working as intended, but I suspect it is not the case, and I suspect is something harder than expected to fix.
    A: "We, as humans, should respect and take care of each other like in a Co-op, not a PvP 🌸"
    B: "Too many words. Words bad. Won't read. ⚔️"
  • KlauthWarthog
    KlauthWarthog
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    ... oh joy, I just got a character to 50 on PC/EU, and was going to kit him up.
    I would not really expect to get a ban by 3d-printing a sane amount of gear right now, but this company gets quite arbitrary with how and when it enforces ToS, so I guess I will just wait for some clarification first.
  • Nyxenwhite
    Nyxenwhite
    ✭✭✭
    Wether you deconstruct them now to bank transmutes or later, is ZOS going to penalize everyone transmuting and decon’ing those specific items for the lifetime of those items? C’mon guys makes no sense.
    I’m sure they understand their game enough to know what giving a reduced transmutation cost would entail. If they didn’t foresee players doing this, i mean it’s pretty laughable.
  • Ezhh
    Ezhh
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Noticed this just now after deciding to use the event to test a bunch of gear and I already deconned some pieces that I wasn't happy with... Now I am not sure if I can safely continue testing or not.
  • React
    React
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Nyxenwhite wrote: »
    Wether you deconstruct them now to bank transmutes or later, is ZOS going to penalize everyone transmuting and decon’ing those specific items for the lifetime of those items? C’mon guys makes no sense.
    I’m sure they understand their game enough to know what giving a reduced transmutation cost would entail. If they didn’t foresee players doing this, i mean it’s pretty laughable.

Agreed. If they really did not forsee this, it shows a complete lack of understanding of their own systems.

Anyways, how exactly does this hurt anybody? Transmutes cannot be sold or used to generate wealth. They are purely a quality of life resource that does nothing whatsoever than improve an individuals experience playing the game.

I truly don't understand how this could upset anybody, and I'm speaking as somebody with 3k+ transmutes in geodes filling my inventories, prior to this event.
    @ReactSlower - PC/NA - 2000+ CP
    React Faster - XB/NA - 1500+ CP
    Content
    Twitch.tv/reactfaster
    Youtube.com/@ReactFaster
  • SkaiFaith
    SkaiFaith
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Something similar happened with the Maelstrom Double Drop during last event.
    Devs remained silent until their first statement was "we are pushing a hotfix in 2 hours from now".
    So we can probably expect them to not say a word until something similar will happen. Which would confirm it's not working as intended and some players could see account suspensions as happened last time (if I recall correctly).
    A: "We, as humans, should respect and take care of each other like in a Co-op, not a PvP 🌸"
    B: "Too many words. Words bad. Won't read. ⚔️"
  • EF321
    EF321
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    React wrote: »
    Nyxenwhite wrote: »

Agreed. If they really did not forsee this, it shows a complete lack of understanding of their own systems.

Anyways, how exactly does this hurt anybody? Transmutes cannot be sold or used to generate wealth. They are purely a quality of life resource that does nothing whatsoever than improve an individuals experience playing the game.

I truly don't understand how this could upset anybody, and I'm speaking as somebody with 3k+ transmutes in geodes filling my inventories, prior to this event.

It's been mention in the thread already, transmutes can be used to generate wealth. You can produce trait stones with these, such as potent nirncrux.
  • Grizzbeorn
    Grizzbeorn
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭

Devs don't tag something as an exploit based on how many people it might upset, but rather if it is intended behavior, or not.
    Did they intend for us to be able to create transmute crystals out of thin air (13 extra crystals after using only 12)?
    If not, then it's an exploit, and quite possibly bannable.

But then, there's also the nirncrux issue, and the ability to generate more than typical (thus increasing trading profit) because of those extra crystals.
    And that would make people justifiably upset.
    Edited by Grizzbeorn on February 15, 2024 5:06PM
      PC/NA Warden Main
    • Groterdan
      Groterdan
      ✭✭✭
      The 50 less cost vanished while checking transmute to try out some new sets
    • Tyrant_Tim
      Tyrant_Tim
      ✭✭✭✭✭
      ✭✭
      The reconstruction 50% off is bugged on Xbox, nice.

Everything is 25, even fully-stickered.
      Edited by Tyrant_Tim on February 15, 2024 5:06PM
    • schindler
      schindler
      ✭✭✭
      So are people getting banned again out of nowhere, like it happened during the endeavour bug?
      And then they aren't eligible to gift crowns 'cause they got a ban history?
    • Ellander
      Ellander
      Soul Shriven
      @ZOS_GinaBruno @ZOS_Kevin Can we have an update on this please ?
    • ssewallb14_ESO
      ssewallb14_ESO
      ✭✭✭✭✭
      The cost reduction appears to be gone. I guess that's your anwser.
    • Groterdan
      Groterdan
      ✭✭✭
      Its always nice to se that stuff benefiting players can get quick fixed or halted but bugs or stuff negative for them takes months longer . Lol
    • sarahthes
      sarahthes
      ✭✭✭✭✭
      Tyrant_Tim wrote: »

That actually seems like a good fix for the exploit tbh. It's still a bonus for people who haven't completed stickerbooks.
    • fizl101
      fizl101
      ✭✭✭✭✭
      ✭✭

I read on reddit that there has been an update, I suspect that part has been switched off until they can find a fix
      Soupy twist
    • ComboBreaker88
      ComboBreaker88
      ✭✭✭✭✭
      5m6b03rsahlb.jpg

Seems like it's working as intended..
    • CyberSpektre
      CyberSpektre
      ✭✭
      5m6b03rsahlb.jpg

Seems like it's working as intended..

The Announcement definitely hasn't been updated yet. If you go to a Transmute Station you'll see the cost is back to 25 crystals
    • Poss
      Poss
      ✭✭✭✭
      Groterdan wrote: »
      Its always nice to se that stuff benefiting players can get quick fixed or halted but bugs or stuff negative for them takes months longer . Lol

I’ve been stuck in combat for almost 10 years now 😂
    • Tyrant_Tim
      Tyrant_Tim
      ✭✭✭✭✭
      ✭✭
      sarahthes wrote: »

That actually seems like a good fix for the exploit tbh. It's still a bonus for people who haven't completed stickerbooks.

No, it would be if things that are not fully stickerbooked were also 25, but it looks like rather than do that, they just disabled it.
      Edited by Tyrant_Tim on February 15, 2024 6:11PM
    • Destai
      Destai
      ✭✭✭✭✭
      ✭✭✭
      Grizzbeorn wrote: »
      Destai wrote: »
      Wait there's a Crafter's Event? When was this announced?

It wasn't.
      I only happened to see one person on the forum mention a few days ago that they got a promotional email that mentioned the event (it didn't give any details [like dates, or specifics about what the event would entail], though.)

But if you've opted-out of promotional emails and didn't happen to see that post, you wouldn't have any idea the event was coming at some point.

Yeah, no, didn't see that at all. Thank God I'm snowed in and can do this event, otherwise I'd have missed it! I expected all events to be announced on some widely available official channel. @ZOS_Kevin are we not announcing all events now?
      SkaiFaith wrote: »
      Something similar happened with the Maelstrom Double Drop during last event.
      Devs remained silent until their first statement was "we are pushing a hotfix in 2 hours from now".
      So we can probably expect them to not say a word until something similar will happen. Which would confirm it's not working as intended and some players could see account suspensions as happened last time (if I recall correctly).

Yeah, I remember that. They had something there about wanting to control the spread of information, but like the information's already out. People talk in game and on social media. I would think that comforting their customers on ambiguities would be the priority, especially if it's potentially an exploit and they already have a reputation for mistaken bans around events, like the whole seals thing a few months. I really worry about their judgement calls some days.
      Edited by Destai on February 15, 2024 5:23PM
    • loosej
      loosej
      ✭✭✭✭

So what we've always expected turns out to be true: a complete lack of understanding of their own systems. I feel like making a snippy comment about it but this is so ridiculous I can't stop laughing :D
    • Kite42
      Kite42
      ✭✭✭✭✭
      This is just fake news, right? It doesn't work?
    • sarahthes
      sarahthes
      ✭✭✭✭✭
      Kite42 wrote: »
      This is just fake news, right? It doesn't work?

It's already been turned off.
    • Tyrant_Tim
      Tyrant_Tim
      ✭✭✭✭✭
      ✭✭
      I hate to be this guy...

No you don’t. 😂
      Edited by Tyrant_Tim on February 15, 2024 5:36PM
    • Razzledazzle_dar
      Razzledazzle_dar
      ✭✭✭
      Is the plan to just have the exploit turned off now and carry on or are we going to get one of those awful forced server rollbacks? I don't want to farm double mats and then lose them all because the event was launched with a built in blatant way to exploit it.
      AD PC/NA
    • sarahthes
      sarahthes
      ✭✭✭✭✭
      Is the plan to just have the exploit turned off now and carry on or are we going to get one of those awful forced server rollbacks? I don't want to farm double mats and then lose them all because the event was launched with a built in blatant way to exploit it.

They don't usually do rollbacks.