Update 44 is now available for testing on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/categories/pts
Maintenance for the week of September 30:
• PC/Mac: NA and EU megaservers for maintenance – September 30, 4:00AM EDT (8:00 UTC) - 8:00AM EDT (12:00 UTC)
• Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – October 2, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – October 2, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Everything in my bank is gone/deleted while playing

• maso
    maso
    Logged on tonight, and immediately checked bank on an alt.

All the bank upgrades were gone, and all the items stored were gone.

I checked on my main, and luckily the items did show up on my main. It seems the bank sharing system between alts is bugged somehow.

Immediately submitted a ticket, logged off, and will not play anymore until support reaches me. If they don't, well I definitely won't stay subbed.

EDIT: As a side bonus, I got kicked out of all five of my guilds, and I am permanently barred from entering the alliance war. To think I was powerleveling just for PvP... So yeah, not too happy. The fact that people are having this happen repeatedly also makes me wonder why I'm paying for something that's behaving like a beta product.
    Edited by maso on April 12, 2014 3:24AM
  • starstruck
    starstruck
    ✭✭
    BmcD73 wrote: »
    Did any of you notice this happen AFTER a respec? Or did this happen to anyone that had NOT respec'd a toon on their account?

I had not respec
  • Bob
    Bob
    ✭✭✭
    It's awful, and nothing from ZOS. :#

I stuck with default bank slots for a week, cuz i do not want to lose anything, including gold.
  • Aenima_pt
    Aenima_pt
    ✭✭✭
    madsurgery wrote: »
    Has anyone received a response from Ingame Ticket and were addressed by a different name. I was called: Greetings Valiant Warrior Christopher, whence my account name is not Christopher.
    I was called by another name while reporting a bug during beta. I told him that was not my name, and he asked my email that i use in eso account. Looks like glitch in they report system.
  • BmcD73
    BmcD73
    ✭✭✭
    maso wrote: »
    Logged on tonight, and immediately checked bank on an alt.

All the bank upgrades were gone, and all the items stored were gone.

I checked on my main, and luckily the items did show up on my main. It seems the bank sharing system between alts is bugged somehow.

Immediately submitted a ticket, logged off, and will not play anymore until support reaches me. If they don't, well I definitely won't stay subbed.

I would say more than that. Call your credit card company and dispute any and all charges for the game and any subscription time. This is clearly not delivering on what you bought.

I will personally give it a few days but I am not hopeful. I have seen people that have had this problem since the 1st. That's 10 days for a game-breaking, show-stopping bug. That is WAY too long. If any of my clients had a production system that had a showstopping bug like this, it would be 24/7 until it was fixed and I can tell you that it would not take 10 days or heads would roll.
  • emperornerevarb14a_ESO
    Yeah i agree and i really hope they do not do a rollback i hope they actually spend he time to give us our bank space back and the items we lost because of this, its not right to rollback our accounts and make us lose all our game progress for a mistake that wasn't my fault and i hope a admin will respond on this issue.
  • BmcD73
    BmcD73
    ✭✭✭
    Yeah i agree and i really hope they do not do a rollback i hope they actually spend he time to give us our bank space back and the items we lost because of this, its not right to rollback our accounts and make us lose all our game progress for a mistake that wasn't my fault and i hope a admin will respond on this issue.

I've seen these types of issues before in games. They won't rollback the characters. They LOG everything that happens in game. As you can imagine those logs can be massive given the amount of data and number of things they log. Piling through those logs takes time and whether the support people have tools to help them usually comes after the fact.

So it's just a matter of time. But time is something we pay for so as far as I'm concerned, any time between now and the fix should be credited at a minimum. It's been 10+ days for some people which is WAY too long to fix a massive bug like this. At least refund people their gold so they can re-buy the storage and recoup what was lost in their bank deposits.

• Korinth
    Korinth
    ✭✭✭
    Same here....I just sent a PM to Jessica.

Last week I had 80 slots.... went back to 60 slots.

Then tonight had 90 slots.....back to 60.

This is getting old really fast.
    Guild Officer
    Tamriel Transport Co.

tusc.enjin.com/home
  • BmcD73
    BmcD73
    ✭✭✭
    Korinth wrote: »
    Same here....I just sent a PM to Jessica.

Last week I had 80 slots.... went back to 60 slots.

Then tonight had 90 slots.....back to 60.

This is getting old really fast.

Are you spending all that money all over again to open up those bank slots or had you been refunded?
  • Yankee
    Yankee
    ✭✭✭✭
    I have only one character, and have not lost my 100 bag or bank slots yet.

I will not roll an alt until I see this resolved, and meanwhile hope it only happens with more than one character.

200 bag/bank slots are expensive and I have no wish to do it again

Fix this ZOS! You have a very addicting game if you can get the bugged bank slots and blocked VR content worked out. Those are game breakers!

And TALK to people on these forums, tell us where you are in fixing this stuff!

Please. I want to see this game succeed, and not on some F2P shoestring budget.

/signed...a fanboy getting beat up by people getting pissed off.

• Bragauk
    Bragauk
    ✭✭
    Just had this happen to me tonight. I opened a ticket. Funny thing is the ticket thought I was reporting a spammer. Anyways judging from what I am seeing on the forums it is good to know I am not alone. I think my bug occurred when I logged in with an alt and appeared to be on the overflow server since I lost my add on settings. I checked the bank and poof everything gone back to 60 slots. I want my stuff back and the slots I bought. This is so bad. Makes me not want to put anything in the bank and stop playing until they fix it. It is not like you have tons of space in this game.
  • muddybrown
    Add me to the list. My stuff went poof at 7:58 p.m. CDT today :( I am starting to regret prepaying for a 6-month subscription now *sigh*

@gardenia.ren67ub17_ESO you haven't paid yet. you can still unsub before 30 days and ONLY lose however much you paid for the game itself (or, as i like to call it, paying for ZOS customer service to use your bank as a roulette wheel).
  • emperornerevarb14a_ESO
    I really hope they give us all our lost items back and do not rollback our accounts because i don't know if i had a important item that i can only get once from a quest that was lost then when i'm looking for it to realize that it was lost in this bank issue because i see people asking for the gold back for their bank loss at the very least but i don't see just that as acceptable, I want all my items back that were lost and my bank space.
  • Lone_Wanderer
    Happened to me as well about an hour ago. It's disheartening, makes me want to stop playing altogether now. Seeing as they don't care about the problem itself and people affected by it, I don't expect a resolution any time soon if at all.
  • Beorrn
    Beorrn
    ✭✭✭
    Logged back from a disconnect to find my bank spaces had reverted to the original 60 from the two upgrades I had purchased. This is the second time this week I have had this occur the first time I just repurchased cant afford to constantly repurchase space for banking. At the same time this occurred I received entire sets of digital items to include the maps and all the pets which were offered for pre order for the imperial package. I have submitted a ticket for this problem and hopefully the spaces will be replaced and you can have your digital pets and extra maps which take up too much bank space.
  • Saera
    Saera
    ✭✭✭
    @ZOS_JessicaFolsom Please add me to this list as well happened around 8:00 pm pst for me on 4/11
  • Guldendraak
    Guldendraak
    ✭✭
    Just had this happen to me.

Had about 100 slots in the bank and after logging between alts - boom - back to 60 slots. Lost all my stuff (and a smallish amount of gold) with the exception of what I had just put into the bank from other alts in the few minutes before it happened. I also have the option to repurchase my bank space - which I'm not inclined to do as it's damn expensive to purchase it in the first place.

Strangely enough, as I logged onto the character that first noticed the loss of bank space, I received all the emails with the stuff you get for pre-ordering.. I'm wondering if this could be related - the game thinks I'm logging in in such a way that it's a new account and so sets the bank space to 60 slots and automatically emails you the in-game pre-order items??

I know there are bugs at release but seriously.. After reading this thread and seeing that people have been told NOT TO PLAY til the issue is resolved by EOS support, I'm not a happy camper.

Have lodged a ticket - and just received a response.. They know about the problem and will get back to me when they fix it... I'm not going to hold my breath though.

If the issue continues, I'll cancel my sub. I've lost a lot of mats that I'm not really feeling inclined to spend 2 weeks farming them to replace.
  • Damhurst
    Damhurst
    ZOS, can re get a response on this please? I joined the game with 2 other friends. Both of those friends have now officially quit. I'm loving the game but not being able to store items is pretty much a game breaker for me. This needs to be fixed.
  • Creepypasta
    Creepypasta
    ✭✭
    Same thing happened to me. I lost 2 bank upgrades, some items, and 5k gold.

Ugh... Add me to the list.
  • destructor646646b14_ESO
    Damhurst wrote: »
    ZOS, can re get a response on this please?

Frankly this is the worst part about it - ABSOLUTELY NOTHING from anybody about this (other than it's a 'known issue', whatever that means exactly).

ESO is all about getting way, way, WAY too much junk to carry around, and how you have to use your bank to store things. And I just don't dare expand mine now that I got hit with the bug the first time.

And a 60 slot bank doesn't cover it. At all.

The lack of response on such a critical issue (the inability to properly store one's characters on a MMO) is disgusting. Utterly disgusting. And to not say a word about it once everyone starts talking about it is even worse.

Just say SOMETHING, Zenimax. ANYTHING.
  • Kadigan
    Kadigan
    ✭✭✭
    This problem is very old news, I am surprised and disappointed that it has been allowed to continue :o
    Daggerfall Covenant: Fork-Stealer, Argonian Dragonknight
    Aldmeri Dominion: Kadigan, Bosmer Nightblade
    Let's be civil, shall we?
  • Korinth
    Korinth
    ✭✭✭
    By my calculations I have lost at least 12,000 gold. Lost 20 slots last week, and lost 30 this week, plus 1500 gold that I had in my bank. Not to mention the random items that were deleted.

This is bullocks. Submitted a ticket last week and heard NADA so far.
    Guild Officer
    Tamriel Transport Co.

tusc.enjin.com/home
  • Amsel_McKay
    Amsel_McKay
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Happened to me tonight lost 40 slots and massive coin...
  • cheeser123
    cheeser123
    ✭✭✭
    I don't even get it. Everybody knows that to be serious about most inventory-heavy stuff, you use up all your alts as mules. Why not acknowledge this and (a) fix these ridiculous bugs and (b) let people have a reasonable amount of space?
  • MasterSpatula
    MasterSpatula
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Count me among the afflicted. Like @Guldendraak , I got a mail with a new monkey pet and another with a new Explorer Pack, then I looked at my bank to see 60 spaces and no items.

I switched characters, and got 60 items worth of stuff back in my bank.

Considering, at an 80-item bank, I was already spending about 1 of every 4 in game hours doing what I call "The Inventory Shuffle," the game is essentially unplayable now.

I understand that they're working on a fix to the underlying problem, and it's probably not an easy fix. What I don't understand is why they don't deal with the symptoms in the mean time. Give me my 20 bank slots back. Give other players what they lost back.

I can't see how it's that hard to do.
    "A probable impossibility is preferable to an improbable possibility." - Aristotle
  • Salmonleap
    Salmonleap
    ✭✭✭
    Add me to the list too. I've filed bugs for each incident, but 40 stacks of crafting mats and 6800 gold have gone "POOF!" This is really, really, uncool.

I would greatly appreciate a fix and the restoration of my slots, mats, and gold, but mainly I'm very disturbed that this sort of thing is happening in the first place.
    Beware he who would deny you access to information for in his heart he dreams himself your master. -- Pravin Lal
  • Tweek
    Tweek
    ✭✭✭
    Salmonleap wrote: »
    Add me to the list too. I've filed bugs for each incident, but 40 stacks of crafting mats and 6800 gold have gone "POOF!" This is really, really, uncool.

I would greatly appreciate a fix and the restoration of my slots, mats, and gold, but mainly I'm very disturbed that this sort of thing is happening in the first place.

After reading this I think I might just ask for a refund and never look at this game ever again.
  • Reinmard
    Reinmard
    ✭✭✭
    Why is this been happening for more than a week?
    The same at the endgame main quest line
    It almost looks like they have closed their support service...
  • RickiHN
    RickiHN
    Oh we got some response:
    Issues with social systems and chat lag should now be resolved. We are still investigating the issue with missing bank slots.
    From the yellow box just above the thread.

"Still investigating" sounds an awful lot like "still have no clue on how to fix it". Else it would be "Preparing fix for" or "Testing fix for" wouldn't it?...

People mention that this have been a problem since early access. That is 16 days ago with such a huge bug.
    Edited by RickiHN on April 12, 2014 5:49AM
  • ShinChuck
    ShinChuck
    ✭✭✭
    Ditto, I'm joining the list. My stuff DID reappear... but my bank slots never did, and now I'm incredibly paranoid. Hours of inventory shuffle partially wasted.

I understand that they're working on a fix to the underlying problem, and it's probably not an easy fix. What I don't understand is why they don't deal with the symptoms in the mean time. Give me my 20 bank slots back. Give other players what they lost back.

It really is frustrating. Let's think about this, Bethesda: this is a major issue frustrating a lot of players, and we also know bag space is fairly reliable, right? How about everyone playing at this point in time gets, to throw something random out, 1-3 free bag space upgrades per character?

A one-time bonus/bandage/apology that shouldn't be too hard to implement, and at the same time won't have any longterm repercussions on their gold-sink system (like every new player after the bug fix never having to buy the first couple bag upgrades).
    "It's morally wrong to suggest gameplay changes for an MMO."
    ...seriously, someone told me that once here. The things people will do to win their internet arguments!