Maintenance for the week of April 15:
• [EXTENDED] ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – April 16, 8:00AM EDT (12:00 UTC) - 6:00PM EDT (22:00 UTC)

Everything in my bank is gone/deleted while playing

• Requielle
    Requielle
    ✭✭✭
    Reinmard wrote: »
    Why is this been happening for more than a week?
    The same at the endgame main quest line
    It almost looks like they have closed their support service...

Their support service, according to some folks who claim to have back-cracked the email headers, is a 3rd-party company. All those nifty emails about Molag Bal's naughty minions aren't even coming from ZeniMax, sadly.

And it doesn't appear their support service is actually empowered to *do* much of anything. And they don't appear fully up to speed on the game. It took me 3 rounds of email just to get an answer to my ticket that wasn't a cut & paste about something I didn't write about.

I'm just soooo discouraged tonight. I'd expected to spend this evening running around Tamriel with a bunch of good friends. Instead I could barely make myself go out and do a bit of gathering. What's the point in doing quests and levelling if it's looking more and more like I'm going to wind up unsubbing?
  • Tweek
    Tweek
    ✭✭✭
    If this happens to you unsub and play a real MMO.
  • MasterSpatula
    MasterSpatula
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    This happened to me four hours ago, and I consider the lack of fix outrageous. I find the idea that some players have been putting up with this for a week simply indefensible.
    Edited by MasterSpatula on April 12, 2014 6:09AM
    "A probable impossibility is preferable to an improbable possibility." - Aristotle
  • Amsel_McKay
    Amsel_McKay
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    This happened to me four hours ago, and I consider the lack of fix outrageous. I find the idea that some players have been putting up with this for a week simply indefensible.
    - AGREE 100%

• Dallie
    Dallie
    ✭✭
    - AGREE 100%
    Yep, the fact it's been ongoing for around ten days is inexcusable, and the thread count just keeps climbing with more affected. I'd normally defend a game with the usual 'launch' issues excuse, but Zenimax needs to take a page from other MMO producers in communicating with their customers.

Messing with people's money, real or virtual, is a huge no-no, and a lot of folks aren't going to forget or forgive if it's not fixed soon, and with an apology.
  • ShinChuck
    ShinChuck
    ✭✭✭
    Well, there's a message at the top of the forums now mentioning looking into the missing bank slots. That's something? :(
    "It's morally wrong to suggest gameplay changes for an MMO."
    ...seriously, someone told me that once here. The things people will do to win their internet arguments!
  • Auralia
    Auralia
    ✭✭✭
    At least they are working on it. Though since I wont risk trying to upgrade my bank again after losing 20 slots. My bank is so tiny and have to use alts for storage. I feel like Iam no longer playing Elder Scrolls Online and instead am playing Inventory Juggling Online.
  • ShinChuck
    ShinChuck
    ✭✭✭
    As a weird side effect... I can no longer skip the tutorial and go right to the faction starting area! I tried twice, and didn't receive the option either time.

Does this have to do with the Imp Edition/Explorer's items being re-sent? Did it reset the tutorial aspect too?
    "It's morally wrong to suggest gameplay changes for an MMO."
    ...seriously, someone told me that once here. The things people will do to win their internet arguments!
  • Dallie
    Dallie
    ✭✭
    Auralia wrote: »
    At least they are working on it. Though since I wont risk trying to upgrade my bank again after losing 20 slots. My bank is so tiny and have to use alts for storage. I feel like Iam no longer playing Elder Scrolls Online and instead am playing Inventory Juggling Online.

Like the quip. It is getting exasperating having to log into all my storage alts every hour or so due to the severe lack of inventory vs. sheer amount of crap that drops. I mean, I shouldn't have to go clear out inventory after one or two quest area completions. One dungeon and a village or whatnot, i'm full, what?

I guess the bank bug is zenimax's way of telling us to just NPC everything and not try to store stuff.
    Edited by Dallie on April 12, 2014 6:37AM
  • BmcD73
    BmcD73
    ✭✭✭
    I submitted a support callback at 5pm MST. It's now 12am and no callback. Are they just joking that they will call back? It said it would be an hour...not seven. How can you be so far off?
  • Salmonleap
    Salmonleap
    ✭✭✭
    ShinChuck wrote: »
    Well, there's a message at the top of the forums now mentioning looking into the missing bank slots. That's something? :(

Yeah, it is something. Honestly, as long as I think that the devs are taking an issue seriously, I have a pretty high tolerance to bugs. Judging but just how fast my bugs on this issue have been escalated, I think Customer Service (CS) knows people are upset. I'm just not getting the impression that the devs understand just how important inventory is to an MMO in general, or to this specific MMO in particular.

The entire crafting system seems like it was designed for very much more bag and bank space than ESO has, even when all the bag and bank upgrades have been purchased. Enchanting alone requires a completely silly amount of inventory. The entire problem is exacerbated by the fact that any purchased upgrades capriciously disappear, additional alts share the same bank space, and the other crafting professions are almost as bad at hogging bag-space as enchanting. I'm left with the impression that the dev responsible for crafting and the dev responsible for character inventory haven't been on speaking terms for several years and the hapless players are simply pawns in some internal ZOS turf-war.
    Edited by Salmonleap on April 12, 2014 6:57AM
    Beware he who would deny you access to information for in his heart he dreams himself your master. -- Pravin Lal
  • BmcD73
    BmcD73
    ✭✭✭
    But here is what I need to know...what is the workaround or temporary fix right now? I don't want to wait weeks for an "official" fix and those poor people who have already been waiting weeks...I could only imagine...
  • ionutn1
    ionutn1
    8 d a y s without a reply gj cs :smile::p
  • pecheckler
    pecheckler
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ESO customer service needs to lose the entire roleplay aspect. It is unprofessional and difficult to understand. It seems like a mask to both the CSR's lack of knowledge about what are supporting and the fact that almost all their responses are canned, generalized, and often do not pertain to what the ticket is about. I miss old school subscription RPGs where you could submit a ticket and an IN-GAME game master would contact you based on an IN-GAME queue time. Seriously, it's been a downhill slope in MMO customer service ever since the original everquest. EQ GMs used to actually appear in front of your character in game to observe problems, communicate with players, and resolve issues on the spot.
    End the tedious inventory management game.
  • zora_dbb16_ESO
    zora_dbb16_ESO
    Soul Shriven
    I haven't been hit by this bug... yet. But I'm nervously waiting for it to happen, and my boyfriend has had it, and has quit the game, cancelled subs... More because of the poor customer service than the bug itself. It's taken all the fun out of it for me and if it's not sorted soon I'll be cancelling too.

Usually I hate to be a doomsayer but this is a killer bug, and it's hitting the very people - the early access purchasers - who should be out there being ambassadors for the game.
    Edited by zora_dbb16_ESO on April 12, 2014 9:09AM
  • Salmonleap
    Salmonleap
    ✭✭✭
    BmcD73 wrote: »
    But here is what I need to know...what is the workaround or temporary fix right now? I don't want to wait weeks for an "official" fix and those poor people who have already been waiting weeks...I could only imagine...

Don't craft? A lousy answer, I know, but honestly there has been not hint of a hotfix or a workaround from ZOS.

I imagine that the underlying bug eventually will be found and squashed, but if ZOS was going to do something as an interim solution to tide us over until the "real" patch was in, I think they would have done it by now. Maybe it's all for the best. Nothing like an overly hasty hotfix to make a bad situation worse. My guess is that a fix is pretty non-trivial. They may not know exactly what is a causing it or why. It's the fact that they are so parsimonious with the starting inventory storage that makes this a major issue. If they had given us 100 bag- and 100 bank-space to start, and let crafting mats stack to 1000, only a few oddball crafters like me would care.
    Edited by Salmonleap on April 12, 2014 7:17AM
    Beware he who would deny you access to information for in his heart he dreams himself your master. -- Pravin Lal
  • zora_dbb16_ESO
    zora_dbb16_ESO
    Soul Shriven
    Giving everybody 100 bank space NOW, as new default, would help a lot and not be all that hard, surely.
  • Radianze
    Radianze
    And i got hit by the bug 2nd time, this time i didnt lose anything cuz storing stuff in bankchars and not having any ugrades/gold on the bank GG.
    Happened while switching back and forth on characters.

Havent even gotten a response to my ticket yet, nor did i get a notification if it actually reached them. Nothing. great CS practice :/
  • Salmonleap
    Salmonleap
    ✭✭✭
    Giving everybody 100 bank space NOW, as new default, would help a lot and not be all that hard, surely.

In theory, yes, but in practice no. Giving all the pre-orders (ie those hit by the bug) 100 bank might help, provided that the 40 extra slots didn't go poof tomorrow. Unfortunately giving those upgrades to those that are unaffected by the bug, and to all new players, would remove one of the primary gold-sinks from the game. I already foresee pretty bad in-game inflation developing in a couple months.
  • zora_dbb16_ESO
    zora_dbb16_ESO
    Soul Shriven
    They can implement housing in 6 months to cure inflation. Anyway, I'd rather face inflation than lose my gaming partner. They need to do *something*, and quick!
  • Salmonleap
    Salmonleap
    ✭✭✭
    They can implement housing in 6 months to cure inflation. Anyway, I'd rather face inflation than lose my gaming partner. They need to do *something*, and quick!

A valid point. I just told my own gaming partner that I didn't really feel like playing until this bug is fixed, so I guess I understand your urgency. I hope that ZOS does as well. I'm not optimistic, but this is one of those times when I'd like to be proven wrong.
    Edited by Salmonleap on April 12, 2014 8:08AM
  • Dallie
    Dallie
    ✭✭

Seriously, if it's that difficult to find the underlying cause, they could have at least come out publicly and said so by now. Some of us would be a bit more understanding, especially those of us technically oriented. Back that up with an apology, reassurance and/or compensation. That's PR 101, and what 90% of every other MMO does in situations like these. Even hardline tightlippers like SquareEnix came to see the light in recent years.

All the quest bugs/random glitches that are still around since launch won't cause as many people to quit, demand refunds and trash talk as much as this one issue will. Zenimax needs to get on the ball, now.
  • Vikes546b16_ESO
    An idea for compensation : Anyone that submitted a bug report about this issue gets maxed bank slots. As in all of them, for free, once this is fixed. Giving any character over level say...20 maxed backpacks wouldn't be a bad idea just as an additional "Sorry about your storage issues" (don't think I'm being greedy here as my only eligible character already has maxed bags, but I suspect most don't).

They also get 1 free month of subscription to the game for every WEEK they've had to put up with this crap. Being limited to 60 slots is bad enough but then essentially forcing us to make bank mules to store items SEVERELY limits our playing ability in terms of alt creation. You gave us 8 character slots for, you know, characters.

It's a game breaking problem, between this, all the other bugs, and the complete unplayability in Cyrodiil (memory leak / lag / whatever it is), I would have given up on ESO already if I wasn't a REALLY big Elder Scrolls fan. I've loved the series since Arena, but this is pushing it.

Anyone have any thoughts on this proposal?
    Edited by Vikes546b16_ESO on April 12, 2014 8:30AM
  • zora_dbb16_ESO
    zora_dbb16_ESO
    Soul Shriven
    I think it's a reasonable proposal, though I think most people would be happy with a week's free play if that's what they lost, no need to give x4.

The main problem with it is that it only addresses people's unhappiness after the bug is fixed, and it looks like that could well be too late for a lot of people. The game is not playable with 60 bank slots if you want to do any crafting.
  • boredpeonub17_ESO

Make alternate characters and store everything on them. Only use your bank to temporarily hold stuff while you swap characters. Do this at the end of each play session with each character that way it reduces your losses should it happen again. Also DO NOT upgrade you bank again until it is OFFICIALLY fixed. You are just wasting gold if it happens again.
    Being limited to 60 slots is bad enough but then essentially forcing us to make bank mules to store items SEVERELY limits our playing ability in terms of alt creation. You gave us 8 character slots for, you know, characters.

Yeah, that is one pain I am running into. My character slots ARE full. Granted only one is wasted on a bank alt because I made a blacksmith, tailor, and alchemist prior to receiving the bug.

• BmcD73
    BmcD73
    ✭✭✭
    Salmonleap wrote: »

Don't craft? A lousy answer, I know, but honestly there has been not hint of a hotfix or a workaround from ZOS.

I imagine that the underlying bug eventually will be found and squashed, but if ZOS was going to do something as an interim solution to tide us over until the "real" patch was in, I think they would have done it by now. Maybe it's all for the best. Nothing like an overly hasty hotfix to make a bad situation worse. My guess is that a fix is pretty non-trivial. They may not know exactly what is a causing it or why. It's the fact that they are so parsimonious with the starting inventory storage that makes this a major issue. If they had given us 100 bag- and 100 bank-space to start, and let crafting mats stack to 1000, only a few oddball crafters like me would care.

Here is the fix and it is very easy. Credit everyone who lost their bank upgrades ALL of the gold to re-buy those bank spots. And keep doing it if it happens again until the fix is in place. They have logs of all of these transactions. They know what we have done, what's been purchased, how many slots we have, etc. Come up with a way a CSR can quickly credit us gold in game. Someone earlier mentioned how EQ CSRs used to show up in front of you. I remember and I also remember them reimbursing me on the spot. MMOs have been doing this for almost 20 years now.

Not crafting is like saying don't do quests. It's as much a part of the game as questing is.
  • BmcD73
    BmcD73
    ✭✭✭
    Make alternate characters and store everything on them. Only use your bank to temporarily hold stuff while you swap characters. Do this at the end of each play session with each character that way it reduces your losses should it happen again. Also DO NOT upgrade you bank again until it is OFFICIALLY fixed. You are just wasting gold if it happens again.

I, like most everyone else already have created 7 alts to hold stuff. The problem is they are all full too. So when I want to play a toon, I have to log in with another toon, empty the bank in their inventory. Log out. Log in with the toon I want to play. Dump all my stuff in the new emptied bank so my inventory is clear. The go do a single quest, go back to town with an entirely full inventory and decomp, sell, or most likely play the inventory management maxi-game once again. I spend at least 15 minutes of inventory management every time I want to play different toon or after 2 to 3 quests. So I would say 1/4 of my time is spent managing my inventory. It's ridiculous to begin with, especially so now with the 60 bank limit.
  • alive741
    alive741
    I was hit by this bug about 4 hours ago, got the copy/paste response asking me for information I already gave them. Many items are still missing, I'm sure many more minor items are as well. I was also hit by the lockout on Sunday because my physical collectors edition wasn't shipped on time. (Zenimax closed that ticket without responding, and had the nerve to send me a survey asking how their service was). I have now reduced my 3 month subscription to 1 month as I have no idea if I will want to continue playing. The game is amazing, I'm as big an elder scrolls fan as they come...however I'm deeply saddened by getting bit in two horrible ways. I will be putting in a ticket every morning until they at least give me my missing gold back (for the bank upgrades as well as the gold lost in the bank).

I'm fine with bugs, I'm not fine with being locked out of the game I paid for due to "the retailers fault" even though GameStop, amazon, and bestbuy all had the same issues...the three largest gaming distributors in the world...with one constant in the equation being Zenimax...

I'm not fine with a game-ending bug that's gone on since launch, and seems to have gotten worse based on posts and threads in multiple places today.

And I'm especially not fine with the ZERO lack of empathy and communication I've received when submitting the tickets. I just want to play the game. I had every intention of being a long term customer, now I'm not so sure anymore...it's sad.

• aesmodienb14_ESO
    Just encountered the reset again. The scary part is I have not upgraded my backpacks from the initial 60 slots after losing over 40K in gold from upgrades and the gold I had deposited. Logged in for the first time today and had the pre-order item emails all over again, cannot skip the tutorial, etc. This is disheartening because it means that the issue is getting worse vice better. One of the common themes of the bug was upgrading slots from 70-80 or 80-90. Now it just seems random. Been 8 days with no answer from ZOS and now they will not even answer emails I send about updates for my ticket.

IMO they went from having a stellar launch to making this worse than SWTOR or any recent MMO release with their failure to address the issue with the players, be honest and admit via Twitter, Reddit, Facebook, and other social media outlets that they have issues, and poor communication with the player base. I for one have already unsubbed to show them that this form of treatment (especially in a P2P) is absolutely unacceptable. We pay to have open communication.
  • JaeGuan
    JaeGuan
    I just read this email I received from CS:

"Helping you is our passion!

We will assume your issue has been resolved if we do not hear from you within 168 days.

If your issue has not been resolved, you can respond directly to this email. We look forward to working with you again should you need us!
    Subject
    My bank was reset to 60 slots two days ago. I have still not gotten a solid resp...

Customer By CSS Web (My name omitted) (04/11/2014 05:27 PM)
    My bank was reset to 60 slots two days ago. I have still not gotten a solid response from anyone working for Zenimax. Nothing has been done to address my situation. My lost items and gold will neither allow me to progress nor will I play a game that robs me of my hard work. Please call me and fix my situation ASAP. I have tried numerous times to get a hold of support and am getting fed up with it.
    Question Reference # 140411-054195
    Date Created: 04/11/2014 05:27 PM
    Date Last Updated: 04/12/2014 12:17 AM

They actually closed my ticket before even trying to do anything. This was one of the many tickets I submitted that actually got a response! Instead of acknowledging my problem, they tell me that I have reported this incident too many times and auto-closed it. wow. just wow.