The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• PC/Mac: NA megaserver for maintenance – April 25, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 2:00PM EDT (18:00 UTC)
https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/comment/8098811/#Comment_8098811

Everything in my bank is gone/deleted while playing

• Vikes546b16_ESO
    Eris wrote: »
    There is a cute yellow notice at the top of the forums that says that they are currently working on fixing the back problem, there for everyone to see.

Wow, you're right, good eyes! They sure didn't make that kind of thing obvious did they. This color scheme for the forums is awful.
  • Radianze
    Radianze
    i envy you people, i havent even gotten a reply to my ticket NOTHING for 7 fkn days :(
  • wookiekrisps
    I also lost my upgraded bank slots
    # 140411-078855
  • dragonhugs_ESO
    I also got the exact same email as Vikes did today. I have literally not played this past week because I refuse to fight this bug while I'm playing. It RUINS the whole game for me. I will hope that they can get this bug squashed ASAP, but of course if not, I will surely cancel my sub until the time they finally DO fix it.
  • Lestierse
    Lestierse
    ✭✭✭
    Got same email as Vikes did.
    I found offensive the fact that my issue was marked as solved
  • Altairien
    Altairien
    ✭✭✭
    I still haven't subbed so that I can maintain my included 30 days (bug hit me during early access). I want ZOS to address this issue in a proper manner (they haven't) and the only recourse I have now is to withhold my subscription money. If I had already set up a sub, then I would already have cancelled it knowing I could reestablish a sub before the end of the included 30 days, if the issue is actually addressed by then.

Not subbing/cancelling a sub is the only way I have to potentially cause ZOS as a company to listen.
    Edited by Altairien on April 12, 2014 6:42PM
  • KindaMayvelle
    KindaMayvelle
    ✭✭✭
    Altairien wrote: »
    I still haven't subbed so that I can maintain my included 30 days (bug hit me during early access). I want ZOS to address this issue in a proper manner (they haven't) and the only recourse I have now is to withhold my subscription money. If I had already set up a sub, then I would already have cancelled it knowing I could reestablish a sub before the end of the included 30 days, if the issue is actually addressed by then.

Not subbing/cancelling a sub is the only way I have to potentially cause ZOS as a company to listen.

Same...I actually consider myself lucky that I got hit by the bug in early access (even though it means going longer than others, unable to play). I will not sub until they fix this. The sad part is, I got several of my friends into the game (about five of them) and they really want to play with me...but I will not log back in and set up my sub until this is fixed. So I guess they'll have to play without me, and I'll have to hope they don't get too far ahead.
  • Cuddlekins
    I got the same email. Which didn't address my question - whether the bank slots would be returned, or refunded for, or if we're just out that money spent for them. The canned reply really pissed me off. I replied pointing out that it didn't address my question. The reply I got to that was the exact same message as the first reply, repasted. I told them that this is the worst customer service I've ever had to deal with and that's saying something. Pathetic.
  • Vordar
    Vordar
    ✭✭
    I received two emails also and I told them that the most important is to return the lost gold (deposited in the bank) and the bank slots. If they are focusing too much on the items thats something that can be recovered later, at least thats what I think.
  • rioinsigniab16_ESO
    rioinsigniab16_ESO
    ✭✭✭
    I had the same issue today.....switching between characters dealing with my bank, and then noticed all bank upgrades reset. Money also gone from bank and I'm sure I lost some minor crafting items as well.

I had also noticed I had been sent another load of mails containing my pre-order bonuses.

Not a happy bunny. Those upgrades cost me a lot.
    Edited by rioinsigniab16_ESO on April 12, 2014 7:21PM
    How can you soar with eagles.....when you work with turkeys?
  • inquisit
    inquisit
    Just got hit by this bug!!! Bank slots from 90 -> 60 while loosing a *** load of items. This is insane! How can they do this to us?! So pissed now.
    Edited by inquisit on April 12, 2014 7:30PM
  • ZOS_JessicaFolsom
    ZOS_JessicaFolsom
    Community Manager
    Hey folks, just want you to know we're continuing to investigate this issue and are working to get it fixed as soon as possible. We do need anyone it's impacted to submit a support ticket so we can assist, please: https://help.elderscrollsonline.com/app/ask/
    Jessica Folsom
    Lead Community Manager - ZeniMax Online Studios
    Facebook | Twitter | Twitch | Tumblr | Instagram | YouTube | Support
    Staff Post
  • KerinKor
    KerinKor
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Hey folks, just want you to know we're continuing to investigate this issue and are working to get it fixed as soon as possible. We do need anyone it's impacted to submit a support ticket so we can assist, please: https://help.elderscrollsonline.com/app/ask/
    I did, I've had no assistance.

• manaek05rwb17_ESO
    Same issue. Bank reset 2 times in less than 1 hour. Items are spread across alts at random, I cant even tell you what I've lost and what is still intact, neither I care, just gimme back my upgrades. I've wrote exactly that in the ticket 140411-067186, the response I've got was of course absolutely oblivious to what I wrote, they asked me to list the lost items, totally oblivious to the bank slots issue. Of course, that didn't even matter because the ticket was market as solved. Sent them response by mail, another bot message, some crappy "well get your items back" statement, again no word on bank slots. This goes on and on, and I do fully intend to keep mailing them until I get a human response, by someone who will at least relate to the actual questions and information I wrote in the ticket. I do believe that when we are talking about supposedly AAA Pay2Play MMO, I am entitled to human being reading and responding to my mails, and not some low-iq copy-paste ape, or bot.
    This is the worst service I've seen by a long shot. Even my cable company isn't that nasty, unprofessional and stupid as your CS. Seriously, stick your roleplaying responses where the sun doesnt shine, and give us proper CS, by professionals, or at least by people who can actually read and not just copy-paste.

As it stands now. I will unsubscribe by tomorrow. I will never recommend this game to anyone who asks me, also making sure everyone who does have it will be aware of the bug, so he could properly reconsider his subscription.
    Edited by manaek05rwb17_ESO on April 12, 2014 7:41PM
  • Cuddlekins

I've submitted multiple tickets and none of the responses I've received can qualify as 'assistance' considering they've had nothing to do with my issue at all and not answered any of my questions.
  • Shocfleth
    Shocfleth
    Same exact experience as manaek:

Edited: I got a new reply! It addresses my issue! (4 replies, 2 petitions later)
    Greetings,

Apologies for not being more clear. The bank slots will also be restored once we figure this out. We recommend you not purchase additional slots until this issue is fixed. We hope to have a fix shortly.

This one wishes you honor and glory on your quest.

Thanks,
    Gamemaster D'arian

Edited by Shocfleth on April 12, 2014 8:58PM
  • manaek05rwb17_ESO

Is your CS even aware that the problem is about bank slots, and not items? By their standard unhelpfull bad-RP responses, one can assume that they don't even know what the issue is about, and are simply trying to close as many tickets as possible, without any regard to the actual problem. Can you also clarify will the fix involve restoration of the bank slots to its upgraded state, and for thoose who have upgraded again, reimbursement of appropriate gold sums?
    Edited by manaek05rwb17_ESO on April 12, 2014 7:46PM
  • Jeggred
    Jeggred
    Soul Shriven
    Today it happened to me too. Fortunately i didn't lose any items but my 20 bank slots are gone (and I want them back... or better the money). I only had 50 items in the bank and the rest on my bank chars.

I joined a trade guild 30 min before this happened and used the guild bank and store for the first time, maybe there is a connection.
  • Dergard
    Dergard

My ticket was closed an hour ago. Seems that happened to lots of folks. Are you expecting us to open a new one, or is ZOS aware of the ppl with this issue, even when their tickets were closed?
  • rioinsigniab16_ESO
    rioinsigniab16_ESO
    ✭✭✭
    Yep, I got the obligatory blanket "Thanks...we're looking into it" templated email response as well.... The amusing part is where it asks me to list the items I've lost.....

My response:

"I’m sorry but if I knew what items were lost when the bank upgrades disappeared, I’d tell you, but I don’t keep an inventory list on a piece of paper. I use the bank to do that.

Surely your system logs what was in my bank at the time of the loss (which was approximately 5 mins before the timestamp on the ticket I raised)?

Also, I had approximately 100g in my bank which disappeared.

But the most annoying thing was the money I’ve spent upgrading it to 90 slots. Above all else, I want those bank upgrades back."

Btw Zenimax, the format of your forums is bloody awful. Please consider splitting it into the different languages and placing important messages in a format that actually stands out from the rest of the terrible colour scheme.
    Edited by rioinsigniab16_ESO on April 12, 2014 8:02PM
  • Reb
    Reb
    ✭✭✭
    just had the in game mails withe my prorder bonus items/maps etc resent ..strange as i never asked for them to be resent in the first place ..and my 30 upgraded bank slots have been deleted.

sent a ticket and ill await the reply :)
  • rioinsigniab16_ESO
    rioinsigniab16_ESO
    ✭✭✭
    Reb wrote: »
    just had the in game mails withe my prorder bonus items/maps etc resent ..strange as i never asked for them to be resent in the first place ..and my 30 upgraded bank slots have been deleted.

It certainly seems that receiving the pre-order items again is an indication of the bank slot issue. Were you by any chance hopping between your alts when you discovered the problem?
    Edited by rioinsigniab16_ESO on April 12, 2014 8:08PM
  • Requielle
    Requielle
    ✭✭✭

I've submitted a support ticket - and replied to it several times to keep it active. You might want to let your customer service folks know that marking the ticket(s) "solved" when the problem is obviously not solved is pouring fuel on the fire of customer dissatisfaction.
  • barduck
    barduck
    ✭✭✭

All my support tickets on this matter has been closed and marked as "Resolved".

I don't know what made me more upset, the lost of ~20 items and 8600 gold worth of bank upgrades or the added insult to injury from your support team.

• Vikes546b16_ESO
    Re-submitted a ticket with the link ZOS_JessicaFolsom supplied. Can't remember how I submitted my intial ticket so I figured better safe than sorry and all.

Here's a question that was asked a bit earlier in the thread, but I didn't see any replies (maybe I skimmed over em?) : Is there ANYONE affected by this bug that DIDN'T purchase the Imperial Edition of the game or someone that would have received pre-order items / beta monkeys? The fact that they keep resending those things means there's an obvious connection somehow.

Edit : rioinsigniab16_ESO was too fast for me and pretty much asked the question as I was typing mine.
    Edited by Vikes546b16_ESO on April 12, 2014 8:11PM
  • manaek05rwb17_ESO

It certainly seems that receiving the pre-order items again is an indication of the bank slot issue. Were you by any chance hopping between your alts when you discovered the problem?

I was switching between alts. Before, I was mainly playing on my main character, no bank troubles. Then I decided to respec my main into a crafter and start a new toon. Looks like switching between alts at peak hours, when the server is under heavy load causes this.

Edited by manaek05rwb17_ESO on April 12, 2014 8:13PM
  • Radianze
    Radianze
    Here's a question that was asked a bit earlier in the thread, but I didn't see any replies (maybe I skimmed over em?) : Is there ANYONE affected by this bug that DIDN'T purchase the Imperial Edition of the game or someone that would have received pre-order items / beta monkeys? The fact that they keep resending those things means there's an obvious connection somehow.

You didnt skim over it there was no answer to the question that i posed, which makes me think it really is just Imperial Edition and preorders that have this very issue
  • barduck
    barduck
    ✭✭✭

I don't understand what other info do the possible need. Every report on this incident was essentially the same - logged in with an alt, got mail with Imperial Edition items again, bank reset, Wailing Prison area reset (can't skip it anymore without doing it again).
  • alive741
    alive741
    This happened to me while I was questing, I was in shadowfen for a couple hours, went to my nearly empty bank, dumped about 80 items in. I went back out to shadowfen, never logged off, and when I went back to dump my stuff again another couple hours later, my bank was 60/60 no gold, inventory was in funky stacks, some moved onto me. Some reappeared later, a bunch didn't. Got the same 2 robot emails most of you got. The second one they wanted to close my ticket as resolved, I responded and said ...no...

I changed my sub to a monthly from a 3 month, because I enjoy the game, but I doubt I will enjoy it if I have to watch character loading screens for 25% of my playtime for much longer...

Long story short, it definitely isn't JUST because of alt characters. It probably happens a lot that way because so many of us have to log in and out of them so often..
    Edited by alive741 on April 12, 2014 8:41PM
  • Reb
    Reb
    ✭✭✭

thats exactly what i was doing ..transferring items between characters