The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
The maintenance is complete, and the PTS is now back online and patch 10.0.4 is available.

U39 - PTS Endeavours: more choice is less it seems

RaddlemanNumber7
RaddlemanNumber7
✭✭✭✭✭
✭✭✭✭
Daily
XFxApbj.jpg

Less choice: complete "1 Trial" or "1 Dungeon" has become complete a named Trial/Dungeon.
Including activities that relatively few people do, like ToT and Geysers, actually reduces the choice for most people. Sneaky.
Speaking personally there isn't one thing among those five that I would do.

Weekly
Yc31f74.jpg

Not so bad, but 350 kills is a lot more than the 150 - 250 we usually get for poison, class or weapon kills.
PC EU
  • fizl101
    fizl101
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    That 350 one isn't so bad as it isn't constrained to a type.

The dailies seem a bit specific for my taste though, unless maybe they are also the undaunted pledges
    Edited by fizl101 on July 11, 2023 3:59PM
    Soupy twist
    Options
  • KiltMaster
    KiltMaster
    ✭✭✭✭
    hmmm yeah not a fan of the daily if they stay that way
    PC/NA
    GM of "Kilts for Sale"
    Ebonheart Pact
    He/Him
    Options
  • tomofhyrule
    tomofhyrule
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Oh that's miserable.

I love the Endeavor system, but please stop giving us specific things to do. It's already a major pain point when we have to "Kill 1 delve boss in Glenumbra" and it's camped out so nobody can get a hit in, but this...?

"Run 1 dungeon" is fine. We don't need specific dungeons. We don't need specific trials. We don't need specific world events.

I'm also not a fan of trials as a daily in the first place. A trial is not something that everyone can just find 11 friends to do (especially if they pick AA as the trial, since that does need a full group). And it's not like there's a group finder to pug a trial (and pugging trials... ugh). Weekly is ok, but as a daily when people have real schedules is not as much fun. At least up to now the 'trial' daily has been constrained to Saturdays, but oof.

I was excited about new endeavors. I wouldn't mind an excuse to play ToT once in a while or go do something fun, but trying to rustle up three friends who don't share my work schedule to do BCI and then FL... that's asking a lot.

I suppose it should also be pointed out that three of those dailies require DLC: Fang Lair is from Dragon Bones, Abyssal Geysers from Summerset, and Tribute from High Isle. We've been pretty good at getting dailies where you can do all three without DLC, so this also seems a bit unfriendly.
    Edited by tomofhyrule on July 11, 2023 4:03PM
    Options
  • Reverb
    Reverb
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    It’s also disappointingly DLC heavy. A player who doesn’t have ESO+ and didn’t buy Summerset when it was a chapter can only complete 2 endeavors that day. And one of them is a trial that’s not popular for pugging anymore.

This will be off putting to a lot of people.
    Battle not with monsters, lest ye become a monster, and if you gaze into the abyss, the abyss gazes also into you. ~Friedrich Nietzsche
    Options
  • valenwood_vegan
    valenwood_vegan
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Oof, yeah I had a feeling this was where they were going when they mentioned new endeavors. "Run this exact dungeon or trial today" is way too specific for me. Especially since those activities also depend on OTHER people being available at the same time and wanting to do the specific activity.

Well they're optional at least, won't do them if I don't want to. But, sad to consider that the already paltry rewards offered for actually playing the game may be reduced even more if the endeavors get too annoying.
    Options
  • Kendaric
    Kendaric
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Another very bad move... especially for anyone who doesn't do dungeons/trials. It seems they want to force people into grouping more, at least judging from yesterdays endeavors which included "Complete 1 endeavor in a group".
      PAWS (Positively Against Wrip-off Stuff) - Say No to Crown Crates!. Outfit slots not being accountwide is ridiculous given their price. PC EU/PC NA roleplayer and solo PvE quester
      Options
    • FrancisCrawford
      FrancisCrawford
      ✭✭✭✭✭
      ✭✭✭✭
      Well, running BC1 doesn't depend on other people.

But soloing BC1 is a lot more time consuming than, for example, crafting 5 items at a blacksmithing table ...
      Options
    • Braffin
      Braffin
      ✭✭✭✭✭
      ✭✭✭
      A major complaint regularily popping up around this forums is the lack of incentive to repeat older content, especially world events and such. Some people were reporting it would be difficult to find fellow players for completing said encounters and there were a lot of concerns that newer players couldn't complete them at all.

Well, here we have the requested incentive.

Edit: I'm not sure, if it's the best move to encourage people to do a specific trial, as there isn't a finder for them at present and usually need some organisation beforehand.
      Edited by Braffin on July 11, 2023 4:42PM
      Never get between a cat and it's candy!
      ---
      Overland difficulty scaling is desperately needed. 9 years. 6 paid expansions. 24 DLCs. 40 game changing updates including One Tamriel, an overhaul of the game including a permanent CP160 gear cap and ridiculous power creep thereafter. I'm sick and tired of hearing about Cadwell Silver & Gold as a "you think you do but you don't" - tier deflection to any criticism regarding the lack of overland difficulty in the game. I'm bored of dungeons, I'm bored of trials; make a personal difficulty slider for overland. It's not that hard.
      Options
    • Soarora
      Soarora
      ✭✭✭✭✭
      ✭✭✭
      As someone who likes dungeons… this will be awful. Everyone’s going to flood into Fang Lair when they aren’t actually capable of doing the dungeon. Maybe more of a problem on Normal but eso+ events have a very clear increase in vet dlc dungeon failures because of the flood of unqualified players.
      PC/NA Dungeoneer (Tank/DPS/Heal), Trialist (DPS/Tank/Heal), and amateur Battlegrounder (DPS) with a passion for The Elder Scrolls lore
      Options
    • emilyhyoyeon
      emilyhyoyeon
      ✭✭✭✭✭
      ✭✭✭
      This is really disappointing. I thought endeavors were supposed to be things players would reasonably complete on a day. A dungeon, sure, but SPECIFIC dungeons, some DLC? Specific TRIALS? Come on.

I like these activities in a vacuum but a specific dungeon or trial is not a reasonable daily occurrence.

I feel the same way about specific zone delve bosses, but at least those are just delves.
      IGN @ emilypumpkin
      Zirasia Firemaker, imperial fire mage & sunbather _ Deebaba Soul-Weaver, argonian ghostminder & soul gem collector
      Tullanisse Starborne, altmer battlemage & ayleid researcher _ Qa'Rirra, khajiit assassin & dancer
      Options
    • ApoAlaia
      ApoAlaia
      ✭✭✭✭✭
      ✭✭✭
      I hope this is a fluke and all of those daily endeavours are not supposed to be together on the same day but be just one of them among the usual ones...
      Options
    • jaws343
      jaws343
      ✭✭✭✭✭
      ✭✭✭✭✭
      This is really disappointing. I thought endeavors were supposed to be things players would reasonably complete on a day. A dungeon, sure, but SPECIFIC dungeons, some DLC? Specific TRIALS? Come on.

I like these activities in a vacuum but a specific dungeon or trial is not a reasonable daily occurrence.

I feel the same way about specific zone delve bosses, but at least those are just delves.

I wonder if the specific dungeons may show up alongside corresponding pledges.
      Options
    • ApoAlaia
      ApoAlaia
      ✭✭✭✭✭
      ✭✭✭
      jaws343 wrote: »

Maybe they are event sensitive? The Undaunted celebration is active on the PTS to test.

I feel like I am clutching at straws to justify it though; ngl, for someone who hasn't missed a single daily or weekly on two accounts since endeavours were released that daily 'proposition' looks atrocious.

Almost like ZOS saying 'yeah, you had it ez so far, time for a nerf'.
      Edited by ApoAlaia on July 11, 2023 5:09PM
      Options
    • FayJolyn
      FayJolyn
      ✭✭✭✭
      Oh gosh that sounds horrible. I play mostly during the night hours when most people are asleep. These are gonna take immense amount of time If I can't find a group. The whole point of why I like doing endeavors is that they take relatively short time and I can usually solo them. I don't even do trials. I'm going to miss out on so many points if this update gets through!

Plus putting a dungeon up as an endeavor is gonna be an miserable option for that newbie player who just joined eso and they are being met with other players rushing towards the endboss. Wow.. such fun gameplay... No, this is a bad approach and will be miserable for everyone. I hope they will rethink this.
      Zha'ishii - Kahjiit nightblade (main) PC-EU
      Options
    • GooGa592
      GooGa592
      ✭✭✭✭✭
      Ouch!

If endeavors are going to start looking like this people are just not going to do them. The original statement concerning endeavors was that endeavors would be things people would normally do in the course of regular game play. This will be restricting the endeavor activities to only a few select "missions" just to get endeavor credit.

As it is now, even farming every endeavor every day, it takes over 9 months to get 16k endeavors. This new system will make that time frame closer to 18 months or more.

:'(
      Options
    • heinousmoz
      heinousmoz
      ✭✭✭✭
      So adding new endeavours really is just code for we're making them 1000 times less appealing and harder to get...
      Options
    • KlauthWarthog
      KlauthWarthog
      ✭✭✭✭✭
      ✭✭
      I was wondering how long it would take them to try to shove ToT down people's throats again.
      On indefinite hiatus since U41.
      Options
    • TaSheen
      TaSheen
      ✭✭✭✭✭
      ✭✭✭✭✭
      Don't do group content of any kind so this isn't making me happy. Ah well - if this is what it is, I'll do what few I can that aren't group content. And I won't be spending crowns in the store.... Also, I won't be doing ToT ever. SO not my thing.

I may hold onto the SOE I have forever....

But even in books, the heroes make mistakes, and there isn't always a happy ending.

PC NA, PC EU (non steam)- three accounts, many alts....
      Options
    • Morimizo
      Morimizo
      ✭✭✭✭✭
      Obtaining one or two small or medium items each crown crate season for in-game effort is cutting deeply into their revenue stream, so new flood barriers to withstand the Cat 5 hurricanes are being constructed.

Result? Less engagement with the system, more dissatisfaction with how additional cosmetic items are offered. For this one, anyway.
      Options
    • jaws343
      jaws343
      ✭✭✭✭✭
      ✭✭✭✭✭
      ApoAlaia wrote: »

Maybe they are event sensitive? The Undaunted celebration is active on the PTS to test.

I feel like I am clutching at straws to justify it though; ngl, for someone who hasn't missed a single daily or weekly on two accounts since endeavours were released that daily 'proposition' looks atrocious.

I kind of don't hate it, as long as it isn't every day. I've been using the pledges as an excuse to farm sticker book by knocking out 2 goals for 1 activity. So another incentive to that goal isn't necessarily a bad thing.
      Options
    • ApoAlaia
      ApoAlaia
      ✭✭✭✭✭
      ✭✭✭
      ApoAlaia wrote: »

I kind of don't hate it, as long as it isn't every day. I've been using the pledges as an excuse to farm sticker book by knocking out 2 goals for 1 activity. So another incentive to that goal isn't necessarily a bad thing.

I guess that makes sense...

But I'm done with the sticker book in all dungeons except Bal Sunnar and many trials already on both my 'active' accounts so there is little incentive for me over the endeavours we currently have.

Maybe if they put vKA/vRG/vSE... still need a few pieces from those (and quite a lot from vSE)

In a sense I'd love for them to go completely wild with this just to gauge how much punishment we are prepared to take.

Something along the lines of 'Kill an enemy Arcanist on the Alessia lumber mill while low pop bonus is in effect for the opposing alliance(s)'
      Edited by ApoAlaia on July 11, 2023 8:32PM
      Options
    • PrinceShroob
      PrinceShroob
      ✭✭✭✭✭
      I think Tribute is a good inclusion. I'm surprised it wasn't in the endeavors until now. Since it's just completing matches, presumably you can complete this endeavor by playing a friend or against NPCs.

The specific dungeon and trial ones are less good. I don't agree with having endeavors for specific trials; they're hard to arrange off the cuff and most people who are doing trials are doing the more recent ones to farm gear--no one is going to want to do Hel Ra Citadel when they could be more engaged and get a better reward from running Dreadsail Reef. Specific dungeons might be fine if they line up with that day's pledges, but even then I wouldn't want that day's endeavors to be essentially "run today's pledges."

I suspect that the "complete 1 Abyssal Geyser" endeavor also includes things like "complete 1 Harrowstorm" or "complete 1 Dark Anchor"; I assume these are split into different types because "complete 1 World Event" is probably too vague for most people to know what that's referring to.

That said, it's also possible that the PTS endeavors are not actually a showcase of a possible day's endeavors but previews of types of endeavors. In other words, your daily endeavors list could include "complete Fang Lair" but would include other things.
      Options
    • NordSwordnBoard
      NordSwordnBoard
      ✭✭✭✭✭
      ✭✭✭
      If they could manage to pair up the endeavor for a specific dungeon to be the same as the undaunted daily, it would feel less painful to get keys rewarded as well. I'd say the ratio of easy to hard should be 2:1. Two base game dungeons and then a trial OR dlc. ESO+ required for 3/5 endeavors is not a good look if you want to circumvent gambling crate issues/regulations without being noticed. Any of the endeavors should be 2 easy or "doing that anyway" types and one "out of your comfort zone/routine" type.
      Fear is the Mindkiller
      Options
    • Tommy_The_Gun
      Tommy_The_Gun
      ✭✭✭✭✭
      ✭✭✭✭✭
      That is a step backwards.

What I would like to see is... "or"
      For example:
      Complete one: 7 Public Dungoen group Events, or: 3 Rimmen Necropolis group Events.
      Edited by Tommy_The_Gun on July 11, 2023 9:28PM
      Options
    • Erickson9610
      Erickson9610
      ✭✭✭✭✭
      I don't like the sound of these new Endeavors. As someone who has made time to complete all of the daily and weekly endeavors every day since release, I fear I might run into a situation one day where I simply cannot finish all of them. Maybe that's the intent?
      PC/NA — Lone Werewolf, the Templar Khajiit Werewolf

Werewolf Should be Allowed to Sneak
      Options
    • tsaescishoeshiner
      tsaescishoeshiner
      ✭✭✭✭✭
      ✭✭
      I think this is very CLOSE to an improvement—what if instead of "Complete a Harrowstorm," it was "Complete a World Event in The Reach, Eastmarch, or Blackwood".

Daily endeavors could be a nice way to get people to group up and bring life to older content, but a few options would be nice.

"Complete Banished Cells II" is just a pledge with worse rewards. "Complete an Abyssal Geyser" would make it so several of the events are DLC-locked.

Overly specific content makes endeavors less social and more of a chore. But choice between a few specific objectives makes it fun to do together.
      PC-NA
      in-game: @tsaescishoeshiner
      Options
    • TaSheen
      TaSheen
      ✭✭✭✭✭
      ✭✭✭✭✭
      I don't like the sound of these new Endeavors. As someone who has made time to complete all of the daily and weekly endeavors every day since release, I fear I might run into a situation one day where I simply cannot finish all of them. Maybe that's the intent?

I wouldn't be surprised if it was the intent. Just from various threads in the last few months, it seems a fair few people have spent a LOT of SOE on very expensive crown crate items - spriggan polys, matching mounts, radiant apex mounts....

So it's likely that ZOS is feeling a "crate crunch". Which may have produced this "let's see how many people will continue to do endeavors if we do this major uptick in content amount and difficulty."

I've never completed them all - I only do the ones I find easy in and around my other playing. I hate killing stuff, so I don't do those. I don't do dungeons or trials. I save doing delves for events where it's easy tickets. I only do what I find fun, and anything hinging on a lot of combat isn't fun....

But even in books, the heroes make mistakes, and there isn't always a happy ending.

PC NA, PC EU (non steam)- three accounts, many alts....
      Options
    • Belegnole
      Belegnole
      ✭✭✭✭✭
      sad, just sad
      Options
    • Caligamy_ESO
      Caligamy_ESO
      ✭✭✭✭✭
      ✭✭
      GooGa592 wrote: »
      Ouch!

If endeavors are going to start looking like this people are just not going to do them. The original statement concerning endeavors was that endeavors would be things people would normally do in the course of regular game play. This will be restricting the endeavor activities to only a few select "missions" just to get endeavor credit.

As it is now, even farming every endeavor every day, it takes over 9 months to get 16k endeavors. This new system will make that time frame closer to 18 months or more.

:'(

Pretty much this ^

If I login (and that's a big IF right now) and it doesn't say craft 5 blacksmith items, or something else simple I just log right back out and play something that's actually fun and doesn't feel like virtual chores.

I can safely say looking at THIS endeavor list in OP that I just wont login for it.

Edit: Also that DLC dungeon only one really just irks the **** out of me.
      Edited by Caligamy_ESO on July 11, 2023 10:36PM
      love is love
      Options
    • ProudMary
      ProudMary
      ✭✭✭✭✭
      Complete a group trial as a daily endeavor? That's about as discouraging as it can get and contradictory to the "endeavors will be things you would do in a normal playing routine" as ZOS indicated they would be.
      Options