Update 44 is now available for testing on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/categories/pts
Maintenance for the week of September 30:
• PC/Mac: NA and EU megaservers for maintenance – September 30, 4:00AM EDT (8:00 UTC) - 8:00AM EDT (12:00 UTC)
• Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – October 2, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – October 2, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

2021 NEEDS a new class.

• Josira
    Josira
    ✭✭✭✭
    Uvi_AUT wrote: »
    I dont think we need a new class.
    What we need are new skill-lines that do anything besides being fluff. Most importantly we need more Caster-Weapons. Staff is boring.

While that is true,it would cause a lot more issues with people if they locked new weapons behind a paywall. Dont get me wrong it does seem like something they would do without batting an eye,but then on the development side of things,they would need to make art for every single motif in the game,which would take a lot of time,much like making a race with different skeleton then the rest of the races,like a digigrade race,or a naga race(not the argonian subrace,mean that more as a general term),as that would require remaking leg and foot stuff for every motifs.
    The biggest problem would also be the constant releases of new motifs,which could interfere with releasing the new weapon or race.
    But they could just do Battlestaves/Quarterstaves and called it a day. which is also something they would do. And to be honest,should be included in an update rather then behind a paywall.
    "BlooD FReNZy TicKS aLL thE BoXes of WhaT iT mEanS tO bE a VaMpiRe"
  • proteinexe
    proteinexe
    ✭✭✭✭
    Josira wrote: »
    Uvi_AUT wrote: »
    I dont think we need a new class.
    What we need are new skill-lines that do anything besides being fluff. Most importantly we need more Caster-Weapons. Staff is boring.

While that is true,it would cause a lot more issues with people if they locked new weapons behind a paywall. Dont get me wrong it does seem like something they would do without batting an eye,but then on the development side of things,they would need to make art for every single motif in the game,which would take a lot of time,much like making a race with different skeleton then the rest of the races,like a digigrade race,or a naga race(not the argonian subrace,mean that more as a general term),as that would require remaking leg and foot stuff for every motifs.
    The biggest problem would also be the constant releases of new motifs,which could interfere with releasing the new weapon or race.
    But they could just do Battlestaves/Quarterstaves and called it a day. which is also something they would do. And to be honest,should be included in an update rather then behind a paywall.

If they release 1 weapon, and only 1 weapon, i'd be really really let down.. last years revamp (pardon the pun) was pretty mediocre. The Antiquity system was super nice, but if they call the CP system the equivlant.. and a new weapon.. as a new chapter.. then nah, that wont cut it. I almost respect there off/on cycles right now, with a new class every two years. If significant content like a class OR SUCH isnt revealed tomorrow, i'd be pretty bummed out..
  • Urvoth
    Urvoth
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I would way rather have new weapon trees and races than a new class at this point in time.
  • proteinexe
    proteinexe
    ✭✭✭✭
    Hey. We were all wrong. No class, no Weapons, no skill line. No difference in how i'll be playing eso tomorrow as I will when the chapter hits.

Really kinda disappointing. I was hoping for one or the other. YES companions.. but not in PvP, so essentially this update will skip PvP for a year.
  • Stormwitch2050
    Stormwitch2050
    Soul Shriven
    WySoSirius wrote: »
    2021 Needs a new server 👌

and that my friend is a different thread ...maybe go create it and talk about how necromancer could be better or darker and you would or would not like it????
  • Mojmir
    Mojmir
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Only if its a bard or tamer.
    Edited by Mojmir on March 22, 2021 10:20AM
  • Seraphayel
    Seraphayel
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I do not think ESO needs more classes. I don't even know which class makes sense at this point. Bard as a class doesn't work. The Monk-like boss in Black Drake Villa is really cool and I think this could be a cool class idea, but are there Monk-like NPCs in the Elder Scrolls games that would warrant a Monk class? I really have no idea.

ESO needs more weapons and skill lines, not new classes.

What I really would like to see added:

- Real skill lines for Dark Brotherhood & Thieves Guild
    - Ultimate skill for Undaunted
    - Bard-like skill line
    - Another DPS Magicka weapon (One Hand & Rune, hello)
    - A support / healing weapon that works for both Magicka / Stamina
    PS5
    EU
    Aldmeri Dominion
    - Khajiit Arcanist -
  • Master_Kas
    Master_Kas
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    A monk please ZOS. :smiley:
    Edited by Master_Kas on March 22, 2021 10:56AM
    EU | PC
  • olsborg
    olsborg
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    We do not need a new class. What we need is a better balance between the classes we already have, looking at you op warden and necromancer (stam predominately, pvp) and we need continuous efforts into bettering the performance of the game. IMO.

PC EU
    PvP only
  • Scardan
    Scardan
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Seraphayel wrote: »
    - Bard-like skill line

Tonal magic could work, but devs need to write lore for it.
    Edited by Scardan on March 22, 2021 11:02AM
    Let's be extremely precise in our use of terms.
  • Seraphayel
    Seraphayel
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Scardan wrote: »
    - Bard-like skill line

Don't we already have at least the basis for this in the Bard's College in Solitude? I mean collecting the instruments could have been the way to level the skill line. And if Bard skills are mostly for bolstering or empowering your allies, it could easily work and wouldn't need major lore work.
    PS5
    EU
    Aldmeri Dominion
    - Khajiit Arcanist -
  • Scardan
    Scardan
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    - Bard-like skill line

Don't we already have at least the basis for this in the Bard's College in Solitude? I mean collecting the instruments could have been the way to level the skill line. And if Bard skills are mostly for bolstering or empowering your allies, it could easily work and wouldn't need major lore work.

Idk. I haven't touched Bards College in ESO and I haven't touched this in Skyrim. What is going on there?
    Let's be extremely precise in our use of terms.
  • SshadowSscale
    SshadowSscale
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Can I ask for a new skill line instead
  • Seraphayel
    Seraphayel
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    - Bard-like skill line

Idk. I haven't touched Bards College in ESO and I haven't touched this in Skyrim. What is going on there?

It's a little gimmick like in Morrowind where you were collecting those museum pieces. In Greymoor you can do the same with instruments that were stolen from the Bard's College and spread all over Western Skyrim and Blackreach. They're hidden in delves, houses, outdoor... you just collect them and bring them back to the College were they are displayed on pedestals.
    PS5
    EU
    Aldmeri Dominion
    - Khajiit Arcanist -
  • Arrodisia
    Arrodisia
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    They should fix the game before they add anything else that will divert manpower. Adding more stuff that will be broken to the already broken stuff isn't the answer. Get to work on lag, class balance, broken quests and falling through the world and then consider adding something new.

This^^
    Imho, fixing the performance of the game and servers is the best thing ZOS can do for the Elder Scrolls Online this year.
  • Seraphayel
    Seraphayel
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    They should fix the game before they add anything else that will divert manpower. Adding more stuff that will be broken to the already broken stuff isn't the answer. Get to work on lag, class balance, broken quests and falling through the world and then consider adding something new.

This^^
    Imho, fixing the performance of the game and servers is the best thing ZOS can do for the Elder Scrolls Online this year.

They're (trying to) fixing the performance since 2019, at least - and nothing changed. So sorry but no, a focus on fixing the performance shouldn't come with a reduced amount of real content as fixing content in the end has achieved nothing in the last years besides resulting in less content / features.
    PS5
    EU
    Aldmeri Dominion
    - Khajiit Arcanist -
  • Arrodisia
    Arrodisia
    ✭✭✭✭✭

This^^

They're (trying to) fixing the performance since 2019, at least - and nothing changed. So sorry but no, a focus on fixing the performance shouldn't come with a reduced amount of real content as fixing content in the end has achieved nothing in the last years besides resulting in less content / features.

I'm well aware of "fixes". I did not say to reduce content anywhere in my post. I merely said imho fixing performance first is the best thing to do, because it is at this time. Cyrodiil, BG's, trials and dungeons have been getting worse. Random DC's are becoming more of a thing even in solo play for a lot of players, not to mention the long killer load screens. Players only have so much patience for bad performance. Then they eventually move to games which are performing better.

What's the point of adding more content without fixing the game? So no I'm not specifically saying to reduce adding content. I'm saying there are other options. They could temporarily delay content after the expansion releases this summer. So, the developers can focus on performance for a bit. We'd still get the content just a bit later.

They could also consider hiring temps to help pick up the pace and get the performance in order since their team is already overworked. It's not the player base's fault the dev team is a bit small for the task.

The constant performance threads popping up are there for a reason. So how should they advertise this new content to players without fixes? Hey. We added xyz new content again and we're still aware of the performance issues, and guess what. You'll still have to deal with the same if not worse performance. So we continue to fall asleep between constant long load screens and let's not forget. There's still the wait times for the server to recognise a dc while our groups sit and twiddle their thumbs with the option of either waiting for us or kicking us. Not much group fun to be had after all that.
    Edited by Arrodisia on March 22, 2021 1:06PM
  • thomas1970b16_ESO
    thomas1970b16_ESO
    ✭✭✭
    I disagree.
  • Adremal
    Adremal
    ✭✭✭✭
    Everyone wants a same thing as usual. I for one would like a bigger action bar, or the ability to slot some (maybe 2?) skills that grant passive bonuses as passives (they can't be activated but grant their bonus) so I wouldn't have to walk around with Magelight on both bars because it's the meta thing to do or whatever.
  • waterfairy
    waterfairy
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    not interested in a new class unless they add class change tokens