Update 44 is now available for testing on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/categories/pts
Maintenance for the week of September 30:
• PC/Mac: NA and EU megaservers for maintenance – September 30, 4:00AM EDT (8:00 UTC) - 8:00AM EDT (12:00 UTC)
• Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – October 2, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – October 2, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

2021 NEEDS a new class.

• BraidasNM
    BraidasNM
    ✭✭✭✭
    I would love a fun new class, but considering the last 2 I think we're gonna get another slow, clunky, half done class. The original 4 are so much smoother.
    Youtube

"I like to think of myself as the good cop and braidas as the bad cop. Hes the little devil on DC's shoulder, im the angel" -Subtomik
  • Asdara
    Asdara
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    NO NO NO NO
  • precambria
    precambria
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    a weapon line with both stam and mag morphs would be much better right now imo, they still have way to much work to do on necro to be considering new class
  • LashanW
    LashanW
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I'd like an year long adventure on bug fixes, QoL stuff and optimizations.
    ---No longer active in ESO---
    Platform: PC-EU
    CP: 2500+
    Trial Achievements
    Godslayer, Gryphon Heart, Tick-Tock Tormentor, Immortal Redeemer, Dro-m'Athra Destroyer, vMoL no death

Arena Achievements
    vMA Flawless, vVH Spirit Slayer

DLC Dungeon Trifectas
    Scalecaller Peak, Fang Lair, Depths of Malatar, Icereach
  • proteinexe
    proteinexe
    ✭✭✭✭
    BraidasNM wrote: »
    I would love a fun new class, but considering the last 2 I think we're gonna get another slow, clunky, half done class. The original 4 are so much smoother.

I mean.. i’ve been maining Magden and I’m loving it. Trust me, I’m not playing it because it’s BiS 🙃
  • proteinexe
    proteinexe
    ✭✭✭✭
    precambria wrote: »
    a weapon line with both stam and mag morphs would be much better right now imo, they still have way to much work to do on necro to be considering new class

This would be very hard with only 5 skills to go on.. maybe two skill lines minimum if they’re going to skip a class (which I hope they dont)
  • illusiouk
    illusiouk
    ✭✭✭
    No to new classes. What this game needs are new ideas to make it fun and less repetitive.
  • BalticBlues
    BalticBlues
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Sorry, NO to a new class from me.
    There are enough classes to pick from for me.
    Moreover, there are many unpolished classes which SUCK played as a MagClass.

I would prefer a new Magicka weapon with a finisher.
    Because it gets boring having only two Magicka weapons.
    And it sucks that some MagClasses have no access to a finisher at all (while all StamClasses have).

Edited by BalticBlues on November 11, 2020 10:09AM
  • Drakavyn_morelock
    Drakavyn_morelock
    ✭✭✭
    👉👈 one hand and rune please. I think the game needs a bug fix first, although I would really like to get a one hand and rune skill line
  • Spawniaq
    Spawniaq
    ✭✭✭
    wait! yes! i want a new class! with bug and lag fixing skill trees, so we can help ZOS and ourself! only this class would make me happy if its not happining, then no
    Ps4 / Eu
  • Yamenstein
    Yamenstein
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    No thanks. You listed it already but they have other things to focus on. Them just releasing a new class is just an excuse for them to delay working on what they already have.

Also what's the point in releasing a new class ? You'll end up using the same sets as one of the other classes you run, you'll use the same skills as well and end up feeling like you're playing the exact same class with 3-5 new skills in your new build that will make it stand out.

You know what that means ? They might as well make one new skill line with really good skills and then just have us play with them instead. So the time spent working on the other 13-15 skills you would get with your class could be used on something better.

Again, would rather them focus on other things even before a new skill line.
    Crown Crates are a trap. Don't fall for the gamble! Balance? What Balance? Balance, smellance.
    Necro for them RP feels.
  • Deathlord92
    Deathlord92
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    No
    Edited by Deathlord92 on November 11, 2020 2:30PM
  • Thechuckage
    Thechuckage
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    No
  • Vevvev
    Vevvev
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Please don't add a new class. I'm sick and tired of new classes because I never play them for more than a couple hours before going back to what I usually do with my Dragonknight. Give us a new weapon skill line like One Hand and Rune, 2 Runes, Polearms, or even throwable weapons like the shurikens from Morrowind! Anything but a new class please!
    PC NA - Ceyanna Ashton - Breton Vampire MagDK
  • cnyanes
    cnyanes
    ✭✭✭
    What 2021 needs is stability and bug fixing.
    PC NA @cnyanes
    Cin'onyx - Khajiit Werewolf Nightblade
    Clothe Senay - Breton Vampire Sorcerer
    Dannelen Deldúwath - Dunmer Dragonknight
    Shuzug gro-Bharg - Orsimer Templar
    Nathsandra Rivervale - Bosmer Warden
    Heals-All-Creatutres (Hest-Leel) - Argonian Templar
    Ancarion Larethion - Altmer Vampire Necromancer
    Jair Ababneh - Redguard Nightblade
    Olfina the White - Nord Werewolf Dragonknight
    Teo Moslin - Imperial Warden
  • Calm_Fury
    Calm_Fury
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I'm sorry, but a lot of your arguments for saying a class is better than weapons don't hold at all.

Necros launched completely broken, both in PvE (Necro ultis) and PvP (the bash goliath).

It was one class, and yet it affected every where in the game. All raids instantly became 8 Necros, in PvP there were hords of the big sekelton Necros bashing full groups to death.

One thing is to WANT a new class, and that is totally valid. I agree that a new class has an appeal that almost nothing else added to the game would have. But saying it is easier to balance then general skill lines is just not true.

I always have fun with new classes, I just don't think ZOS has the dev-power to release another one and properly support it and balance it at the current state of the game.
  • proteinexe
    proteinexe
    ✭✭✭✭
    Calm_Fury wrote: »
    I'm sorry, but a lot of your arguments for saying a class is better than weapons don't hold at all.

Necros launched completely broken, both in PvE (Necro ultis) and PvP (the bash goliath).

It was one class, and yet it affected every where in the game. All raids instantly became 8 Necros, in PvP there were hords of the big sekelton Necros bashing full groups to death.

One thing is to WANT a new class, and that is totally valid. I agree that a new class has an appeal that almost nothing else added to the game would have. But saying it is easier to balance then general skill lines is just not true.

I always have fun with new classes, I just don't think ZOS has the dev-power to release another one and properly support it and balance it at the current state of the game.

I cant reliably speak for PvE, but for PvP Stamcros and Magcros a month after launch were not very good. They were not top tier duel builds and were usually a group buff to support ball groups. As for PvE, I cant say, but I'll take your word.

As for balancing, the issue here is speculation. Psijic and Vampire (imo) wont influence the game anywhere near as much as something like spellcrafting would. Imagine a skill-line which everyone used, PvP and PvE. Having to micromanage each class and stam/mag to prevent broken builds would be increadibly hard. A class however, yes, would impact the game drastically, but it would be an easier fix as the root of the problem lies in one class rather than 6.

And your last point is somewhat my 'concern'. The fact that there's a pandemic might hinder the ability to fully release a clean and polished chapter, skill line OR class.
  • Calm_Fury
    Calm_Fury
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    proteinexe wrote: »

I cant reliably speak for PvE, but for PvP Stamcros and Magcros a month after launch were not very good. They were not top tier duel builds and were usually a group buff to support ball groups. As for PvE, I cant say, but I'll take your word.

As for balancing, the issue here is speculation. Psijic and Vampire (imo) wont influence the game anywhere near as much as something like spellcrafting would. Imagine a skill-line which everyone used, PvP and PvE. Having to micromanage each class and stam/mag to prevent broken builds would be increadibly hard. A class however, yes, would impact the game drastically, but it would be an easier fix as the root of the problem lies in one class rather than 6.

And your last point is somewhat my 'concern'. The fact that there's a pandemic might hinder the ability to fully release a clean and polished chapter, skill line OR class.

They might have been weak, but that specific bash build plagued PvP for 2 or 3 weeks, I believe. That is just one example that one class can cause a lot of disruption as well, just as an unbalanced general skill line would.

And I agree with your last statement. From what we have seen for the last few patches, they should probably not launch anything major with the chapter because it will be even more of a mess.

I don't think they can't do that, though. Greymoor was already a pretty lackluster chapter. I skipped buying it until the Pale Order ring came, otherwise I'd would have waited until I could buy that skill line separately.

They can't afford another patch without a major feature. Next year will likely have another class / spell crafting / some general skill lines as a selling point.
  • bellanca6561n
    bellanca6561n
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    simox wrote: »
    no

I just love it when a one-word response gets so, so many "agree"s in the response line :p
  • proteinexe
    proteinexe
    ✭✭✭✭
    proteinexe wrote: »

They might have been weak, but that specific bash build plagued PvP for 2 or 3 weeks, I believe. That is just one example that one class can cause a lot of disruption as well, just as an unbalanced general skill line would.

And I agree with your last statement. From what we have seen for the last few patches, they should probably not launch anything major with the chapter because it will be even more of a mess.

I don't think they can't do that, though. Greymoor was already a pretty lackluster chapter. I skipped buying it until the Pale Order ring came, otherwise I'd would have waited until I could buy that skill line separately.

They can't afford another patch without a major feature. Next year will likely have another class / spell crafting / some general skill lines as a selling point.

I think this is where we agree the most. It NEEDS a major feature, but I worry that with the position the Dev's are in with the pandemic, that their hand will be forced to make a patch which could underperform. NEVERTHELESS, I know the update will be exciting, and I'll still be looking forward to it.
    Edited by proteinexe on November 11, 2020 7:48PM
  • josiahva
    josiahva
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I don't understand why anyone would want to lock skills behind a new class to begin with. For myself, I play my main character and rarely touch my others(aside from crafter) I would MUCH rather have new skills I can access than class skills I can't. if anything ZOS needs to dissolve the current class system and free up the skill lines for anyone to access. I don't want to play 15 different characters...I want to play just one and be able to change my setup easily if I want to do something different.
  • proteinexe
    proteinexe
    ✭✭✭✭
    josiahva wrote: »
    I don't understand why anyone would want to lock skills behind a new class to begin with. For myself, I play my main character and rarely touch my others(aside from crafter) I would MUCH rather have new skills I can access than class skills I can't. if anything ZOS needs to dissolve the current class system and free up the skill lines for anyone to access. I don't want to play 15 different characters...I want to play just one and be able to change my setup easily if I want to do something different.

Unfortunately for yourself, this'll never happen. The game revolves around a class system.
  • Moloch1514
    Moloch1514
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    New classes were mostly in the game from the real dev team (those who created the game and moved on). Warden was in the closed Alpha and Necro borrows from NPC designs. A new class would involve "hard work", so we will get new Indirik skins instead!
    PC-NA
  • RPGplayer13579
    RPGplayer13579
    ✭✭✭✭
    A Bard Class?
    My Characters.

Mike Snow - Imperial - Templar - One-Handed and Shield - Tank - Daggerfall Covenant - Commander.
    Catelyn Rivers - Breton - Sorcerer - Destruction Staff - Daggerfall Covenant - Telvanni Magister.
    Ashara Sand - Redguard - Warden - Two-Handed/One-Handed and Shield - Daggerfall Covenant - Heroic.
    Tormund gro-Largash - Orsimer - Dragonknight - Two-Handed - Daggerfall Covenant - Furious.
    Lysa Rivers - Breton - Nightblade - Bow/One-Handed and Shield - Vampire - Daggerfall Covenant - Brassy Assassin.

Jon Karstark - Nord - Dragonknight - Two-Handed - Ebonheart Pact - Drunk.
    Arya Sand - Dunmer - Dragonknight - Dual Wield - Ebonheart Pact - Assassin.
    Sansa Snow - Impeial - Warden - Destruction Staff/One-Handed and Shield - Ebonheart Pect - Swashbuckler.
    Jojen Reed-Walker - Argonian - Templar - Restoration Staff - Healer - Ebonheart Pact - Melancholy.
    Alys Karstark - Nord - Nightblade - Bow/Dual Wield - Ebonheart Pact - Minstrel.

Nymeria Woods - Bosmer - Nightblade - Bow - Aldmeri Dominion - Thief.
    Brandon Wings - Altmer - Templar - Restoration Staff - Healer - Aldmeri Dominion - Scholar.
    Lyanna Flowers - Altmer - Sorcerer - Sword/Destruction Staff - Aldmeri Dominion - Duchess.
    Marvolo-jo Riddle - Khajiit - Necromancer - Destruction Staff - Aldmeri Dominion - Deadlands Firewalker.
    Obara Woods - Bosmer - Templar - Bow - Werewolf - Aldmeri Dominion - Cheerful.

• Grandma
    Grandma
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    to the people who spam "we need them to fix the game before they add more stuff": where have you been, under a rock the entire game's life? ZOS never has nor will they ever stop producing content to focus on fixing things. It's pessimistic and i'd love to be wrong, but they're a company who's primary motivator is to put out dlcs and content to motivate people to play more. Fixes that affect less than 100% of the playerbase are not going to take priority over sales possibilities. I say this as someone who would benefit from such a thing. but no. that's
    GH / 3/04/2021 / Elemental Catalyst Necromancer
  • barney2525
    barney2525
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Maybe we could swap out the Math class for Basket Weaving

:#
  • blkjag
    blkjag
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    No, please no
  • DMuehlhausen
    DMuehlhausen
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Katheriah wrote: »
    We need fixes.

They are separate teams anyway. So no man power is being diverted.
  • Sleep
    Sleep
    ✭✭✭✭
    we need better servers
  • CMDR_Un1k0rn
    CMDR_Un1k0rn
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    I still genuinely think we will see Battlemage next year.

Hey, I might be wrong.

Truth is we don't know anything though.
    In-game username: Un1korn | Happy member of the PCNA UESP guild (Resident Daggerfall Covenant enjoyer) | Main & basically only character: Crucian Vulpin, Imperial Dragonknight of the Daggerfall Covenant, and Undaunted Bulwark (I tank) | Mountain bike enjoyer and vulpine appreciator | If you know me from PCEU: No | To ZOS: THANK YOU FOR LETTING ME BRING MY HORSE INTO BATTLE!