Update 44 is now available for testing on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/categories/pts
Maintenance for the week of September 30:
• PC/Mac: NA and EU megaservers for maintenance – September 30, 4:00AM EDT (8:00 UTC) - 8:00AM EDT (12:00 UTC)
• Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – October 2, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – October 2, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

2021 NEEDS a new class.

• Girl_Number8
    Girl_Number8
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    No new class 2021 need better coders and server space. A company that takes the time to polish it’s content before releasing it.
  • YandereGirlfriend
    YandereGirlfriend
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    josiahva wrote: »
    Please no, after the terrible to play mess that Warden and Necro are....I hate to see what they come up with for a new class. I am tired of classes with half their skills on a delayed reaction...Warden and Necro have great toolboxes...but they are absolutely miserable to play compared to the original 4 classes.

Stamdens and Stamcro are absolutely Kings / Queens in PvP.

We don't need another Pay to Win class in PvP.

Fix the 4 old classes first!

Everyone says this but then conveniently forgets about magCro. It's definitely not a king or a queen in PvP. It's like being a poor squire without a horse.
  • Lerozain
    Lerozain
    ✭✭✭✭
    2021 needs STABILITY! The new content has been constantly breaking the game. Crashing in dungeons/trials and in general, queue doesn't work, light attack weaving, skill points being eaten, falling through the world, stuck in combat, boss fights being broken, random disconnects, huge imbalances...

Focus on stability. The state of the game has been embarrassing and discouraging.
  • Vayln_Ninetails
    Vayln_Ninetails
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Asdara wrote: »
    NO NO NO NO
    We have had a new class every 2 years. Its therefore time for a new class in 2021.

Nope. They broke the cycle this year by not giving us a new skill line of active skills and just giving us a vamp rework + something equivalent to jewelry crafting.

Not to mention they also have stated they will not be adding more character slots next year. Which is the nice way of them saying that we aren't getting a new class since the ONLY time we have ever gotten new character slots have been classes are added to the game.

That in combination with tons of people not wanting a new class? Why would they add one? Especially without a class change system.
  • Vayln_Ninetails
    Vayln_Ninetails
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Please no, after the terrible to play mess that Warden and Necro are....I hate to see what they come up with for a new class. I am tired of classes with half their skills on a delayed reaction...Warden and Necro have great toolboxes...but they are absolutely miserable to play compared to the original 4 classes.

Everyone says this but then conveniently forgets about magCro. It's definitely not a king or a queen in PvP. It's like being a poor squire without a horse.

It doesn't fair much better in PvE either. The only thing carrying magcro in PvE is the colossus ult.
  • Nowa133
    Nowa133
    ✭✭✭
    Forever hold your peace is still broken and its a main quest from the thieves guild questline, so nop.
  • regime211
    regime211
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    They should fix the game before they add anything else that will divert manpower. Adding more stuff that will be broken to the already broken stuff isn't the answer. Get to work on lag, class balance, broken quests and falling through the world and then consider adding something new.

It's not going to be fixed, we're better off getting a new class.
  • regime211
    regime211
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Katheriah wrote: »
    yes

no

Yes
  • regime211
    regime211
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    No, the game DOES NOT need a new class you're absolutely wrong.

A new class does nothing for existing players since the game doesn't have a class changing system.

What people WANT and what the game NEEDS are new weapons and a 4th skill line per class.

Adding in a new class would kill off a lot of vet players because that'd be the *only* new thing at all next year.

New classes do bring people to the game, @proteinexe, but you forget that this game already is mostly catered towards new players. Vets/experienced players (which keep bringing in money through subs and purchases on the crown store) should have an equal if not more respect in this aspect.

I don't think you understand how much just getting a new class next year would absolutely destroy experienced players who already have classes they like playing and don't want to level a new one/find a new main.

Hate to break it to you but they can careless about veteran players, adding a new class would bring in more players, if you haven't realized by now they don't care for veteran players then you're blind.
  • regime211
    regime211
    ✭✭✭✭✭

A new class does nothing for existing players since the game doesn't have a class changing system.

What people WANT and what the game NEEDS are new weapons and a 4th skill line per class.

Adding in a new class would kill off a lot of vet players because that'd be the *only* new thing at all next year.

New classes do bring people to the game, @proteinexe, but you forget that this game already is mostly catered towards new players. Vets/experienced players (which keep bringing in money through subs and purchases on the crown store) should have an equal if not more respect in this aspect.

I don't think you understand how much just getting a new class next year would absolutely destroy experienced players who already have classes they like playing and don't want to level a new one/find a new main.

Veteran players wouldn't mind leveling a new toon that's where you're wrong.
  • Chaos2088
    Chaos2088
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    I do doubt we will see another class next year or even the year after that......simple due to the life span of this game.

They plan for this game to go on for years and years and years and years and years........having a class every two years would just be mental by say 2030. Hey I would love to choose from an army of classes. But that’s a lot of work and balance. And to also say classes wouldn’t feel special after a while. (More the merrier in my book)

So you would want to start spreading the class out, my bet would be 2023/24.

Things in its place could be:

-New Weapons
    -New races
    -New skill lines

@Chaos2088 PC EU Server | AD-PvP
  • Sylvermynx
    Sylvermynx
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I personally don't "need" a new class. But go ahead and bring it. I won't use it any more than I'm using the necromancer. Yup. No money from me....
  • Suna_Ye_Sunnabe
    Suna_Ye_Sunnabe
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    All I want is more character slots, as far as that goes. I wouldn't be looking forward to another burst based, stamina dominant class release again, at the rate they've been going.
    Angua Anyammis Ae Sunna
  • Kory
    Kory
    ✭✭✭✭
    Skinchanger class that has lot of illusion and trickery skills. Also WW behemoth, sorry had to mention that again :)
  • Josira
    Josira
    ✭✭✭✭
    Dwemer Artificer Class. Clockwork abilities. arm blades,electric attacks,wristbows and so on and so forth. Could happen and would be pretty neat.
    Swashbuckler class: Water Magic,Acrobatics and Martial arts maybe? probably wont happen.
    "BlooD FReNZy TicKS aLL thE BoXes of WhaT iT mEanS tO bE a VaMpiRe"
  • Dark_Lord_Kuro
    Dark_Lord_Kuro
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    NO NO NO NO
    We have had a new class every 2 years. Its therefore time for a new class in 2021.

Nope. They broke the cycle this year by not giving us a new skill line of active skills and just giving us a vamp rework + something equivalent to jewelry crafting.

Not to mention they also have stated they will not be adding more character slots next year. Which is the nice way of them saying that we aren't getting a new class since the ONLY time we have ever gotten new character slots have been classes are added to the game.

That in combination with tons of people not wanting a new class? Why would they add one? Especially without a class change system.

Acctually they stated they werent planing to add new character slot soon
    3 month before the morrowind announcement they stated they didnt plan to add a new class
    Im not saying we will get anything but there is precedent of them saying something and going the other way around
  • Berchelous
    Berchelous
    ✭✭✭✭
    Guys guys guys...
    New class will kill either sorc or nightblade so do not expect much from this new class. Just look for templar - warden, dragonknight - necromancer example
  • proteinexe
    proteinexe
    ✭✭✭✭

This imo is a magicka problem. Now this could be fixed by a skill-line giving mag an execute, but nonetheless, Magcro is too niece and hard to play for any real benefit or outcome in PvP as you said.
  • Vayln_Ninetails
    Vayln_Ninetails
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    regime211 wrote: »

Veteran players wouldn't mind leveling a new toon that's where you're wrong.

That's why so many people on this thread are saying they don't want to level a new character, right?
  • Vayln_Ninetails
    Vayln_Ninetails
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    regime211 wrote: »

Hate to break it to you but they can careless about veteran players, adding a new class would bring in more players, if you haven't realized by now they don't care for veteran players then you're blind.

what do those new players that were drawn in by the new class become after 2 years?

Care to tell me? That's right. Vet players. Why would they want to play a new class if they already like the current one that drew them into the game?

Answer here is: the strat of using classes without a class change system in this sense is literally only good for 1 thing that ZOS will come to find won't work out for them: short term gain.

I will agree ZoS doesn't care about their vet players tho. But next year is their chance to prove that wrong by not giving us a new class. And working on more important things/add ons that benefit current players.
    Edited by Vayln_Ninetails on November 23, 2020 4:59AM
  • thorwyn
    thorwyn
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    The only new class this game needs is first class performance.

Edited by thorwyn on November 23, 2020 5:17AM
    And if the dam breaks open many years too soon
    And if there is no room upon the hill
    And if your head explodes with dark forebodings too
    I'll see you on the dark side of the moon
  • cheesefome
    cheesefome
    ✭✭✭
    New class lulz. What they NEED is to address the current issues like the bugs and the lag.
  • garenthalb16_ESO
    garenthalb16_ESO
    ✭✭✭
    I wouldn't be opposed to the idea of a new class being added to the game. With that said, I just hope it would be one that does not tread on the toes of the existing classes.

I'd settle for a new weapon skill line.
  • Wolf81
    Wolf81
    ✭✭✭
    I would rather have an overhaul of the current classes skill trees, bug fixes....they can toss in a two-person netch mount for good measure.
  • Stormwitch2050
    Stormwitch2050
    Soul Shriven
    I want a darker version of the Necromancer
  • Grianasteri
    Grianasteri
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    NO NO NO NO

Personally I think it is not that people do not want a new class, its that forum goers, and this thread is a perfect example, view literally everything relating to ESO development through the lens of performance. As if nothing can or should be done unless its performance improvements. This is more or less the only actual reason given for opposition to a new class, its just automatic criticism and disagreement without any actual argument.

Its a broken record, everyone wants the game to improve and have better performance! This is not a reason to stop developing and evolving ESO content, without which the game will die just as surely as if there are no performance improvements worked on. Both can be done, these are not mutually exclusive.
    Edited by Grianasteri on November 24, 2020 4:47PM
  • Vayln_Ninetails
    Vayln_Ninetails
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    NO NO NO NO

Personally I think it is not that people do not want a new class, its that forum goers, and this thread is a perfect example, view literally everything relating to ESO development through the lens of performance. As if nothing can or should be done unless its performance improvements. This is more or less the only actual reason given for opposition to a new class, its just automatic criticism and disagreement without any actual argument.

Its a broken record, everyone wants the game to improve and have better performance! This is not a reason to stop developing and evolving ESO content, without which the game will die just as surely as if there are no performance improvements worked on. Both can be done, these are not mutually exclusive.

Most people on this thread aren't talking about performance tho.

They want a new weapon line or new lines added to the current classes.

Are you sure it isn't you who is looking through a lens to try and convince yourself everyone is focused on performance?

Dont get me wrong that is indeed a big topic of the thread. But it's right behind the previois two topics. With people that want a new class being in last place
  • WySoSirius
    WySoSirius
    ✭✭✭✭
    2021 Needs a new server 👌
  • Grianasteri
    Grianasteri
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Most people on this thread aren't talking about performance tho.

They want a new weapon line or new lines added to the current classes.

Are you sure it isn't you who is looking through a lens to try and convince yourself everyone is focused on performance?

Dont get me wrong that is indeed a big topic of the thread. But it's right behind the previois two topics. With people that want a new class being in last place

Id say skimming through the thread, a significant percentage are complaining about performance in various ways. I also never said everyone, my comments were directed at those that are.

Yes, the other argument regarding a new class, is instead we should have a new magica/weapon skill line. I have made various posts on that particular topic in different threads, something along the lines of a new magica weapon skill line would be hugely welcome. I think this is a legitimate alternative to a new class, it is not the case I prefer a new class, I dont.

What I do not think is legitimate or of any value, is arguing against all such developments on the basis of "performance".
  • stefj68
    stefj68
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    a new class and a new race