Update 44 is now available for testing on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/categories/pts
Maintenance for the week of September 30:
• PC/Mac: NA and EU megaservers for maintenance – September 30, 4:00AM EDT (8:00 UTC) - 8:00AM EDT (12:00 UTC)
• Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – October 2, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – October 2, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

2021 NEEDS a new class.

• Shadow_CH
    Shadow_CH
    ✭✭✭
    I'd like to see a new class and a new weapon skill line... but I suspect if we get a new class templar wont get some love soon... so I'd prefer a new skill line^^
  • Asdara
    Asdara
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    regime211 wrote: »
    Katheriah wrote: »
    yes

no

Yes

NO
  • SammyKhajit
    SammyKhajit
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Class change and less crashes.
  • x48rph
    x48rph
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    No, No, and No!!!! We don't need yet another OP pay to win class this year. Especially since there's no way to switch class you either got to spend a fortune in crowns or spend forever grinding just so you can get back to equal footing with other player. Years into it now Stam warden and Stam necro continue to ride at the top of the class rankings for PvP with almost anyone you ask and there's no sign they will ever getting balanced.
  • WySoSirius
    WySoSirius
    ✭✭✭✭
    Would be nice if the actual race imperial that is purchase only was useful
  • proteinexe
    proteinexe
    ✭✭✭✭
    x48rph wrote: »
    No, No, and No!!!! We don't need yet another OP pay to win class this year. Especially since there's no way to switch class you either got to spend a fortune in crowns or spend forever grinding just so you can get back to equal footing with other player. Years into it now Stam warden and Stam necro continue to ride at the top of the class rankings for PvP with almost anyone you ask and there's no sign they will ever getting balanced.

.. i mean, unless you havent played this patch then you’d know that a nerf did infact happen in the way of buffs/debuffs which hit warden and stamcro the most? And Stamden got majore fracture removed.. Why not talk about magsorc? They’ve been broken and the PvP kings ever since launch. Your reason for a new class not being added because of ‘no nerfs’ is flawed.. because the classes you gave as examples IMO are now actually balanced.
  • Athan1
    Athan1
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    PLEASE NO MORE CLASSES

NO MORE NERFS
    Athan Atticus Imperial Templar of Shezarr
  • Iccotak
    Iccotak
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Asdara wrote: »
    NO NO NO NO
    We have had a new class every 2 years. Its therefore time for a new class in 2021.

Nope. They broke the cycle this year by not giving us a new skill line of active skills and just giving us a vamp rework + something equivalent to jewelry crafting.

Not to mention they also have stated they will not be adding more character slots next year. Which is the nice way of them saying that we aren't getting a new class since the ONLY time we have ever gotten new character slots have been classes are added to the game.

That in combination with tons of people not wanting a new class? Why would they add one? Especially without a class change system.

Personally I think it is not that people do not want a new class, its that forum goers, and this thread is a perfect example, view literally everything relating to ESO development through the lens of performance. As if nothing can or should be done unless its performance improvements. This is more or less the only actual reason given for opposition to a new class, its just automatic criticism and disagreement without any actual argument.

Its a broken record, everyone wants the game to improve and have better performance! This is not a reason to stop developing and evolving ESO content, without which the game will die just as surely as if there are no performance improvements worked on. Both can be done, these are not mutually exclusive.

They keep forgetting that games have teams to do both and have to do both for retaining players
  • agegarton
    agegarton
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    2021 needs a game and server performance overhaul - a proper one driven by professionals - because otherwise 2022 will need a lot of new customers.

I have never seen so many players so depressed at the state of the game, so many subscription cancelations, so many people eagerly sharing what might be the "next ESO" and ready for mass exodus.

I can do without a new class until they know how to implement one without breaking some random part of the game that has no business being interconnected.
  • Iccotak
    Iccotak
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    agegarton wrote: »
    2021 needs a game and server performance overhaul - a proper one driven by professionals - because otherwise 2022 will need a lot of new customers.

I have never seen so many players so depressed at the state of the game, so many subscription cancelations, so many people eagerly sharing what might be the "next ESO" and ready for mass exodus.

I can do without a new class until they know how to implement one without breaking some random part of the game that has no business being interconnected.

For me one of the biggest issues is how the game feels split, like two different games.
    There’s two types of content easy solo & hard group - this leaves a lot of players unsatisfied.
    It has an inconsistent story experience especially when they’re making dungeons more relevant to the main stories.

It lacks cohesion.

As for a new class: while a possibility

I’d be WAY more interested if they added skills to the existing classes.

Like imagine encountering a master in your class and they teach you a skill line for the class you’re playing.

Also an Alteration staff as a replacement tank staff for “Frost staves” also allows players can do more frost damage focused builds.
  • mairwen85
    mairwen85
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    What we need is some kind of prestige system beyond level 50. CP to be reworked and less combat focussed with QoL options and properly balanced with cost and investment sacrifices.
  • splarv
    splarv
    ✭✭
    I am waiting for "clockwork mage" or so called class. There are a lot of NPC of this class and lore. So player class is possible.
  • Xerge
    Xerge
    ✭✭✭
    No.

new guilds with skill lines. yes.
  • Wolfpaw
    Wolfpaw
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Pretty sure we will see the Battlemage considering ZOS has already put the work in.

"During the beta, the Battlemage was planned to be the sixth player class. Along with the Warden, it was scrapped at launch in favor of the four standard classes, though the Warden class later returned to the game in Update 14. Some remnants of the class still exist within the files, including icons and a few errant strings. Destruction, Two-Handed, Alteration, and Mysticism were skill lines associated with the class, back when the familiar schools of magic were still used in the game".

https://en.m.uesp.net/wiki/Online:Battlemage
    Edited by Wolfpaw on January 15, 2021 9:08PM
  • Silaf
    Silaf
    ✭✭✭✭
    The game is already unbalanced and buggy as it is.
    Let's set some priority and fix/balance it.

Still a new skilline may be better than a new class.
  • Jusey1
    Jusey1
    ✭✭✭✭
    I rather have some sort of one time class change option for older players. My main character who has done literally everything on (every zone, dungeon, crafting skills, and so on) was made back even before the "One Tamriel" update and honestly, I wish to change his class simply because I think Warden would fit how I play him better than Templar, and I rather not redo almost literally everything in the entire game all over again on a new Warden... (Leveling the Warden skills themselves are a non-issue to me).
  • Dark_Lord_Kuro
    Dark_Lord_Kuro
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Xerge wrote: »
    No.

That would be boring
  • Eirikir
    Eirikir
    ✭✭✭✭
    A new weapon would be more what I want. Come on ZoS, fist/claw weapon skill line, caps to the highest resource so everyone can use it, mag and stam skill morphs, and a capping skill line achievement reward of an invisible weapon style so I can fight with my bare hands like a true drunk nord.

maxresdefault.jpg
    Server: PS4-NA
    PSN: Eirikir
    Name: Eirikir "Erik" Kololf
    Alliance: Ebonheart Pact
    Race: Nord (Lycanthrope)
    Class: Dragonknight (Range DPS)
    Playstyle: Crafter, PVE, PVP, Roleplayer
  • UGotBenched91
    UGotBenched91
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I really wish ZOS didn’t allow one word replies. They are a waste of space and offer nothing to discussion and they’re rude responses.
    simox wrote: »
    no

Edited by UGotBenched91 on January 15, 2021 11:04PM
  • The_Old_Goat
    The_Old_Goat
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    @UGotBenched91
    If somebody expanded their reply to include a reason for a no, would you attempt to debate them?
  • UGotBenched91
    UGotBenched91
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    @The_Old_Goat

Eh it depends on what they said. But, nothing wrong with a good debate/discussion as long as it’s civil.
  • MellowMagic
    MellowMagic
    ✭✭✭✭
    1h Wands / orbs
    Spears
    Crossbows

This before a new class please.
    PC / NA @MellowMagic
    Imperial named with some sort of variation of "Deo"
    By the Divines...
  • The_Old_Goat
    The_Old_Goat
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I agree that civility is important to maintain, however asking for people's opinions and then debating them on it could be considered pretty rude too. I mean why ask their opinion's to begin with.
  • barney2525
    barney2525
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    More Skill ! ... No, Better Performance !

Less Filling ! ... No, Tastes great !

hehehe ... who remembers That commercial ?

:#
  • UGotBenched91
    UGotBenched91
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    For me it’s a sense of respect. Look how much thought and detail went into OP’s post. Replying with one word is disrespectful. There was no yes or no question.

It’s the same as if someone tells you a long story or pitches an idea and you just say no.

But, getting on topic, I wouldn’t mind a new class and/or weapon skill line.
    Edited by UGotBenched91 on January 16, 2021 12:39AM
  • OtarTheMad
    OtarTheMad
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    giphy.gif
  • Mettaricana
    Mettaricana
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Bring on the new class!!!
  • shaielzafine
    shaielzafine
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    They should deliver on all these promises they've made about performance improvements, combat fixes, balancing, and getting rid of bugs that have become features at this point.
  • KhajiitLivesMatter
    KhajiitLivesMatter
    ✭✭✭✭
    Bring on the new class!!!

hopfuly not but likly it will happen
  • VampireLordLover99
    VampireLordLover99
    ✭✭✭✭
    Xerge wrote: »
    No.

That would be boring

A new class would be boring.

Most people do not want to level a new class.

Adding in options that change how our current classes are played are 110 times more beneficial to the game and its CURRENT player base.