The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 29:
• PC/Mac: No maintenance – April 29

Request: PLEASE HAVE Cardinal05 on the next ESO LIVE!

StabbityDoom
StabbityDoom
✭✭✭✭✭
✭✭✭
@ZOS_GinaBruno @ZOS_JessicaFolsom @ZOS_Adrikoth

I am nobody special, however, I suspect you know just how awesome Cardinal05 ( @r_k ) is - the creator of Essential Housing Tools, an inspiration to us all in building and in all around being a tremendously awesome human being. He has a **HUGE** following on ESO simply by being his sweet, generous and brilliant self. For those of you who don't know, I should add, he also now works for ZOS.

Therefore, It would mean a lot to the PC community especially to get to see/know Cardi. Streamers such as myself (and many others) who focus on housing would be excited to talk about it and promote it.

The housing community is close-knit and supportive, incredibly positive towards one another and encouraging. It would inspire this community to see one of our own make good publicly!

Thank you for considering this, and if anyone else has something else to say here, you certainly are welcome to say so or add your piece. With apologies to the console players... Stabby
Edited by StabbityDoom on January 29, 2020 12:32AM
PC/NA
EHT zealot
streamer: http://twitch.tv/stabbitydoom
  • vuedange
    vuedange
    Soul Shriven
    I LOVE this idea! I'm the guild leader of Housing Finest Builders, an almost 500 person housing guild and we use EHT's portals for our guild activities, to be able to port between houses for member tours, amongst other things! I rely on EHT heavily for a lot of my building. I tell our guild members, if they don't already have and use EHT, if you want to decorate, EHT is very useful, if you want to build, EHT is essential!

I would love to see Cardi on an ESO Live!
  • Shauriel
    Shauriel
    I am one of many many people who use EHT, It is an amazing addon and the amount of work, time and yes sweat too that has been put into it I really am glad to hear ZOS have taken Cardinal05 on as one of their own!! Congratulations Cardinal05 :).I for one would love to hear and learn more about Cardinal05 and his future plans for housing as im sure all other housing enthusiasts will too.

I second Stabbitydoom's request to please get Cardinl05 on ESO Live with every bit of my housing heart and soul!!

thank you for all you have done Cardinal05 for ALL of us housing guys, looking forward and excited to hearing more from you in the future.. Shauriel
  • JHartEllis
    JHartEllis
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    That would be so amazing! I want to know what he's working on!

And there are tons of features from Cardinal's add-ons that would be incredible if added to the base game--it would be fun to get some hints if that's the direction they are going.
    Guild leader of Spicy Economics and Spicy Life on PC/NA
    ESO Stream Team Partner on Twitch: https://www.twitch.tv/jhartellis
    Twitter: https://twitter.com/JHartEllis
    YouTube: https://www.youtube.com/JHartEllis
  • xaraan
    xaraan
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    No! He has shunned his old family :( I cannot bare to look upon his face.
    -- @xaraan --
    nightblade: Xaraan templar: Xaraan-dar dragon-knight: Xaraanosaurus necromancer: Xaraan-qa warden: Xaraanodon sorcerer: Xaraan-ra
    AD • NA • PC
  • StabbityDoom
    StabbityDoom
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    xaraan wrote: »
    No! He has shunned his old family :( I cannot bare to look upon his face.

he's been around and he still loves you. Don't believe me? Go to his potentates :) There's a message for us (including you!)
    PC/NA
    EHT zealot
  • Aliyavana
    Aliyavana
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    we need a presence for the housing community generally. I am sure housing give significant revenue for zos but we seem to be neglected
  • Krainor1974
    Krainor1974
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    He pops into DDA’s guild chats and discord’s from time to time. He knows we all support him just like with this post by @StabbityDoom By the way hi guildies, And great job stabs with this post I just got home from work and first thing I did was post on here.
    Cardi rules !
    Edited by Krainor1974 on January 29, 2020 4:47AM
  • ThoraldGM
    ThoraldGM
    ✭✭✭
    I don't recall ever seeing an official housing stream from anyone involved in the housing design or development process. That's a shame.

If it does happen, Cardi should be the "in-house" rep.
  • ermenaa
    ermenaa
    ✭✭✭
    Hi all and great idea @StabbityDoom! Every one who ever used EHT can understand the humongous work for creating this add-on and I believe no one will deny the unlimited oportunities it gives to its users. I would love to see Cardinal05 in next ESO LIVE, and hear for his plans working for ZOS. Which reminds me - congratulations to Cardinal for being invited to ZOS proffessional team, its truely deserved.
  • Chryseia
    Chryseia
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I would love to see an ESO live focused on housing and introducing new hires that are of interest to the community (like Cardi *waves* <3). I literally cannot think of a single person who is more enthusiastic about ESO housing and more supportive of the community.

Before he was hired, Cardi was known for going above and beyond, and seeking solutions where no one else could see one. He is always willing to go out of his way to help anyone who asked, new or experienced, and even with his busy schedule, I know he still makes time to tour homes and celebrate the collective inspiration and creativity inherent to this community.

I remember many nights where Cardi literally devoted hours and hours (I think we were working on it until literally 4 AM one of those times) to experimenting on a bugged build in order to isolate the problem so he could fix it or suggest a work-around solution. And I know I wasn't the only one he helped and worked with in that manner. He just genuinely cares and wants to help in whatever way he can. I am sure he has taken that same enthusiasm to improve ESO and its housing system to his new position.

TLDR: I think Cardi would make a fantastic ESO live guest. He's brilliant, he's fabulous, and I am sure he is just dying to share some of what he is working on with the community...

And I am dying to hear it!

Besides, there's a not insignificant amount of speculation regarding whether ZoS intends to add some of EHT's editing tools and UI features to the game (I am sure console players in particular would love some hints about this), and a lot of... how shall I say it... nervous anticipation? anxiety? regarding what the next big thing will be for housing. An ESO live to address some of these concerns - or even flesh out the more concrete plans, such as how the upcoming antiquities system will interact with housing - would be a welcomed occasion, and an excellent opportunity to hype up the upcoming chapter and housing-related features.
  • ZOS_Adrikoth
    ZOS_Adrikoth
    admin
    Hey there @StabbityDoom thanks for posting this thread, we've passed your suggestion along :)
    The Elder Scrolls Online - ZeniMax Online Studios
    Forum Rules | Code of Conduct | Terms of Service | Home Page | Help Site
    Staff Post
  • swankery
    swankery
    ✭✭✭✭
    If anyone knows extensively what the housing community wants, its @Cardinal05/ @R_K. I could not agree with everyone here more. <3@ZOS_Adrikoth, thank you for passing this important message along!
    https://www.twitch.tv/swankery/ Housing Enthusiast! DDA founder/rep/Twitter@Swankery1@Swankery PC/NA https://www.youtube.com/c/swankery
  • StabbityDoom
    StabbityDoom
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Hey there @StabbityDoom thanks for posting this thread, we've passed your suggestion along :)

THANK YOU! <3 And thank you for being involved in our community too.
    PC/NA
    EHT zealot
  • Delphinia
    Delphinia
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Glad to hear this and thank you @StabbityDoom for posting this suggestion.
    If anyone is deserving of this invitation, it's @ZOS_Cardinal .. aka @R_K ...
    We've known each other for a while and I've always respected him and his work.
    Not only is he astoundingly intelligent, but incredibly talented and kind.
    I totally support him being invited to ESO Live. 🥂💗
  • Sharalei
    Sharalei
    ✭✭✭✭
    There is nothing I can add here that hasn't already been said. Just showing that I'm 100% on board with this idea. Yes for Cardi live! <3
  • Zypheran
    Zypheran
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    This would be an amazing idea. Cardi is liked, trusted and respected by the entire housing community.
    It would be great to have him on ESO live to give us some insight or hints on what's planned for 2020
    All my housing builds are available on YouTube
    https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCf3oJ_cxuu01HmWZJZ6KK6g?view_as=subscriber
    I am happy to share the EHT save files for most of my builds.
  • doobat
    doobat
    ✭✭
    What a fabulous idea, I absolutely cosign this! Equals pee!
    PC NA & PC EU
  • Hotdog_23
    Hotdog_23
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    As a console player I have never used EHT but form what I have seen it looks amazing. I did not know the creator of it now works for ZOS. This gives me hope that one day they add greater control to the base game for us console peasants.
  • Cireous
    Cireous
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    The technical difficulties of the last ESO Live were a clear sign. The people want nothing less than the beloved housing guy on ESO Live. No Mr. EHT spectacular, no show. :relieved:
  • eslofe
    eslofe
    Soul Shriven
    Happy to have my first ESO forum post be in support of this thread. Cheers, Cardi!
  • Whisper_292
    First of all, @StabbityDoom you are special. :)

And yes, absolutely, get him on there. A lot of the modders, especially the ones with the big, popular ones, aren't always as friendly and helpful as they should be, but @ZOS_Cardinal has never disappointed. He's a great guy, he's brilliant, and he should get in front of more people so he can share his work with them.
  • Sturmfaenger
    Sturmfaenger
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Zypheran wrote: »
    This would be an amazing idea. Cardi is liked, trusted and respected by the entire housing community.
    It would be great to have him on ESO live to give us some insight or hints on what's planned for 2020
    I think that might be a reason why this might not happen any time soon. An ESO live with him would be great, but it would raise expectations that he has something new and wonderful to tell us concerning housing - so if I were ZOS I would wait to ask him until there actually is something new to tell. I confess I'm a bit disillusioned here.
    PC/EU
  • Krainor1974
    Krainor1974
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Would be amazing if when they did have em it would be to announce EHT is being added to base game so everyone can enjoy it.
  • ixie
    ixie
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Cardi is my hero, he has allowed me to be way more creative with housing than I could ever have hoped for, my dream is that console players will get to use his tools in the future. Having him on ESO Live would be amazing.
    PC EU

Ixie - Breton Nightblade
    Paints-With-Frogs - Argonian Nightblade
    Swee Troll - Crafter Dragonknight
  • Snowfaeriewings
    Snowfaeriewings
    ✭✭✭
    Cardi is the best! <3
  • StabbityDoom
    StabbityDoom
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Zypheran wrote: »
    I think that might be a reason why this might not happen any time soon. An ESO live with him would be great, but it would raise expectations that he has something new and wonderful to tell us concerning housing - so if I were ZOS I would wait to ask him until there actually is something new to tell. I confess I'm a bit disillusioned here.

Naw man, even if he just comes on to say hi I'm good. :)
    PC/NA
    EHT zealot
  • Silvervind
    Silvervind
    ✭✭✭
    Yes Cardinal05 should be on ESO Live :smiley:
  • Nefelynx
    Nefelynx
    ✭✭✭
    Definitely supporting this! :)

I hope so much that one day consoles will also get at least some of the awesome EHT features he created.
    Mostly I wish for easier ways to align stuff, placeable water, the guest book and portals to connect several homes, aswell as the possibility to open more than just our Primary to visitors.

It‘s amazing what he managed to do for you lucky PC players! <3

(*cries on PS4*)
  • StabbityDoom
    StabbityDoom
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Nefelynx wrote: »
    Definitely supporting this! :)

I hope so much that one day consoles will also get at least some of the awesome EHT features he created.
    Mostly I wish for easier ways to align stuff, placeable water, the guest book and portals to connect several homes, aswell as the possibility to open more than just our Primary to visitors.

It‘s amazing what he managed to do for you lucky PC players! <3

(*cries on PS4*)

Let's hope he can help you consolers through ZOS!
    PC/NA
    EHT zealot
  • Greenleaf27
    Greenleaf27
    ✭✭
    Would be great to see Cardi on ESO live and have some love and representation for us housing addicts - (EHT is the best add-on for housing enthusiasts whether you want it to help your designs or just be nosy and visit lots of open houses!)