Update 44 is now available for testing on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/categories/pts
Maintenance for the week of September 30:
• PC/Mac: NA and EU megaservers for maintenance – September 30, 4:00AM EDT (8:00 UTC) - 8:00AM EDT (12:00 UTC)
• Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – October 2, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – October 2, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Story Mode Dungeons: Do we want them?

• Ravena
    Ravena
    ✭✭✭✭
    YES. We want a story mode.
    Make story-mode a single-time only optional thing, for as long as you have that dungeon's quest available, if you're so worried about server performance.
  • TheNuminous1
    TheNuminous1
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    What is really driving me crazy in this whole post is the people opposed act like by adding in a low reward solo story system that something is being taken away from them.

Your dungeons will still have vet and normal modes.

It wont lower your population as the people who want this are already not doing the dungeons with you.

Thia game has many many ways to enjoy it. What you call unimportant fluff is the whole reason others even play. Your not losing anything by others gaining something.
  • zvavi
    zvavi
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    NO. Do not add a story mode.
    What is really driving me crazy in this whole post is the people opposed act like by adding in a low reward solo story system that something is being taken away from them.

It wont lower your population as the people who want this are already not doing the dungeons with you.

Thia game has many many ways to enjoy it. What you call unimportant fluff is the whole reason others even play. Your not losing anything by others gaining something.

This assumption that story mode that gives away a skill point wont dwindle those who do dungeons is wrong. As a person that does dungeons, i promise you that if it gives skill point and same quest xp, i will personally level skills while farming skill points with it and will never touch non-dlc on qny of my characters (other than monster set/key farm). And i dont see how other's won't do it either. Just because it is more efficient.
    Edited by zvavi on January 29, 2020 5:32AM
  • Linaleah
    Linaleah
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    zvavi wrote: »

This assumption that story mode that gives away a skill point wont dwindle those who do dungeons is wrong. As a person that does dungeons, i promise you that if it gives skill point and same quest xp, i will personally level skills while farming skill points with it and will never touch non-dlc on qny of my characters (other than monster set/key farm). And i dont see how other's won't do it either. Just because it is more efficient.

tell me something though. how often do you run those dungeons you already got a skill point from now? other then farming monster sets/pledge keys? how would that change if you go those skill points solo vs in a group? would you still be farming monster sets/pledges?
    dirty worthless casual.
    Reputation is what other people know about you. Honor is what you know about yourself. Guard your honor. Let your reputation fall where it will. And outlive the ***
    Lois McMaster Bujold "A Civil Campaign"
  • zvavi
    zvavi
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Linaleah wrote: »

tell me something though. how often do you run those dungeons you already got a skill point from now? other then farming monster sets/pledge keys? how would that change if you go those skill points solo vs in a group? would you still be farming monster sets/pledges?

Depends on what the random dungeon gives me, characters that i lack many skill points and skill lvls i currently run rn/rv, and usually end up in one i already did. but story mode will make it more efficient just to go there.

Edit: dont forget many many different characters. On average probably make me use dungeon finder less by around 1 round a week, if it affects the whole player base like that, it is a big chunk.
    Edited by zvavi on January 29, 2020 7:18AM
  • Imryll
    Imryll
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Maxx7410 wrote: »
    If it is too easy to do then is not fun at all. i belive that we need npc companions to do the dungeons solo but there shouldnt be any rewards (motif, archivments, heads, etc)

Why no rewards? How is it easier to solo with an npc companion than to run a dungeon in a group?
  • Contaminate
    Contaminate
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Imryll wrote: »
    If it is too easy to do then is not fun at all. i belive that we need npc companions to do the dungeons solo but there shouldnt be any rewards (motif, archivments, heads, etc)

Why no rewards? How is it easier to solo with an npc companion than to run a dungeon in a group?

Because the second you put rewards in a no-effort mode, it gets exploited to mass gain gold and materials.
  • Dusk_Coven
    Dusk_Coven
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭

Because the second you put rewards in a no-effort mode, it gets exploited to mass gain gold and materials.

Like 4-manning Fungal Grotto 1? People actually grind that?
    Or do you mean trying to get chitin from easy mudcrabs? Only botters do that. Real people don't grind mudcrabs, which are arguably a "no-effort mode".

People won't bother with soloing story modes because there are better ways to grind elsewhere already.
    And your assumption comes from the wrong direction. People grind when reward-to-time ratio feels high for them. Otherwise they wouldn't bother trying to sell carries for the hardest trials and dungeons in the game. THAT is what will get exploited -- in fact, it's being done right now.

So in fact it is HARDER content -- which tends to give out better rewards -- that gets exploited and grinded. Like Dragons in Elsweyr and Alik'r Dolmens. Theoretically hard and giving good rewards -- so let's swarm them until it's easy and grindable.
    Never heard of people doing 4-man grinds of Fungal Grotto 1 all day to get... whatever.
    Edited by Dusk_Coven on January 29, 2020 8:59AM
  • Contaminate
    Contaminate
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Dusk_Coven wrote: »

Or do you mean trying to get chitin from easy mudcrabs? Only botters do that. Real people don't grind mudcrabs, which are arguably a "no-effort mode".

People won't bother with soloing story modes because there are better ways to grind elsewhere already.
    And your assumption comes from the wrong direction. People grind when reward-to-time ratio feels high for them. Otherwise they wouldn't bother trying to sell carries for the hardest trials and dungeons in the game. THAT is what will get exploited -- in fact, it's being done right now.

So in fact it is HARDER content -- which tends to give out better rewards -- that gets exploited and grinded. Like Dragons in Elsweyr and Alik'r Dolmens. Theoretically hard and giving good rewards -- so let's swarm them until it's easy and grindable.
    Never heard of people doing 4-man grinds of Fungal Grotto 1 all day to get... whatever.

I don’t know where you were, but FG1 grinding was the go-to for the Undaunted Event boxes.

It was also swarmed during the Undaunted Event before that one.

It’s the one people solo for Witch’s Fest gold skulls.

It’s the go to because it’s quick and easy.

And there’s no “exploitation” when good players carry poor ones in exchange for gold. Everyone has a fair shot at completing content, either someone don’t want to put in the time or the effort, so they pay for it instead. The content is still being run at a high level, unlike with a story mode that’s basically a Lazy River where you can do nothing and still get through it easily.
  • Kombinator
    Kombinator
    ✭✭✭
    Dusk_Coven wrote: »

That is already different. You need 4 player. Or use dungeon finder to get them. If you give it solo, then it reduce group play. I personally would give a reward worthy to go random over grinding any dungeon for XP, and gold. So unless you want a specific item, then you wouldn't want to grind a single dungeon.

On the other hand it can drive others crazy, that some guy goes through the quest SLOWLY while they want to go forward quickly as possible. You know reading, hearing the dialogues, choose answers carefully, hear out other speeches between NPCs.

By adding a solo mode you would allow people to get this whole experience without wasting time of others who just want to finish quickly as possible. And i doubt, that it would greatly reduce the player numbers. I barely see players who come down, and focus on quest. Like over 90% we just rush the whole damn thing. And i love going into group PVE dungeons. And as tank main it doesn't take long to get invited. Below 2 seconds most of the time.
  • Paramedicus
    Paramedicus
    ✭✭✭✭
    Funny how some people voting "yes", say that they care just about story, and when you propose to take away rewards like 1 skill point and exp, then discussion becomes difficult :P

I originally voted "No" because of obvious risk of damage that solo-mode might cause to multiplayer. I softened out a bit, after reading some arguments for those voting "Yes" (like fellow gamer @Sylvermynx who can't enjoy group content). I also get why some people want to experience thrill tied with exploring stuff solo.

But skill point and good exp bonus, which you get from compliting group dungeon is just too big incentive to give it away with solo mode. I don't have many alts, but if I make another one, then I'm sure that I 'll do every dungeon as soon as my level will let me do it. I acted in similar way with my first char. Worst thing about this change would be, that some new players, not used to do group content, wouldn't have any incentive to try it out.

So.. why you want to damage community of this game? :(

PC EU
    /script JumpToHouse("@Paramedicus")

↑↑↑ Feel free to visit my house if you need to use Transmute Station or vet Trial Dummy with buffs and Aetherial Well (look for the Harrowing Reaper on the northern rock wall) ↑↑↑
  • curtisnewton
    curtisnewton
    ✭✭✭
    Group forced dungeons are old school anyway and should go.
    I dislike the trinity: healer, tank, dd.

I like open Dungeons and World bosses much more.
  • BackStabeth
    BackStabeth
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Two main downsides.
    1. More instances on the server side means more lag, rip PC EU.
    2. Some players that came for the single player, have stayed for the multiplayer, if dungeons had story mode, those players wouldnt stay, and eso would lose customers.
    3. Stop flooding the forums with the same thread.

The number of instances doesn't really affect the server in the way you suggest. Considering the amount of information that passes between client and server is very little. It's called thin server, fat client meaning the majority of the information, what you see, what you do, the graphics etc are operating on your computer, not the server. What you do on your computer is communicated to the server like opening a door for example, the server might see something that would translate to words like "open door 123" but that's it. In bits and bytes that's nothing. So lag would not be the issue, lag is experienced on the client side almost always has to do with the client side, unless there is a major issue with the server. So lag would not be an issue. Where you do see issues is when you are connecting a long distance from where the server physically is in the world, and that has to do with the number of routers and switches your TCP/IP packet must flow through in order to get to the server, and how many the return TCP/IP packet must flow through on the way back, and how many are dropped, etc. That still has nothing to do with the server's ability to serve you information, that has to do solely with your physical distance from the server.

I'm not sure what the real debate here is but it seems to me that I can do a public dungeon, finish it, without doing any of the quests. The quests in my way of thinking are the story. We currently can do delves and public dungeons, complete them without engaging in the story if that's what we desire. If we want the story, we can do the quests. Or we can do all the content for the rewards, then go back and do the story for interest. What I wouldn't want to do is to repeat the same story over and over just to make my way through a dungeon, solo or group wouldn't matter.

I do get a little annoyed when I am doing a queued dungeon and I start off by stating I have never done the dungeon before, so I would appreciate it if they didn't rush through and people do anyway. I don't think there are enough people who queue for dungeons to split people up between those that want to just smash and stab their way through to the end, and those that want to creep through to get full expose to the story/quest. Most of the time people will understand and be chill about it, but some people just simply don't care and mash their way through anyway.

I mostly play solo, I only group up when the content requires it, yet I don't mind waiting on others who want to experience the story or do the quest, I don't mind at all. There are usually lots of containers around I can look through or chests I can look for and they are done. It's only a few min out of my life and I'm glad to help if I can. But just as it is in real life there are rude people and eventually you will have those people in your group who don't care. When that happens to me, I apologize ahead of time, tell them I am leaving for a group and wait out the time penalty to queue for a more chill group.

I have only been playing for 35 days as I write this, so I feel I must be missing something important if this is a post people are actually arguing about. I don't see any issues personally, is this new content being proposed by the OP?
  • Kombinator
    Kombinator
    ✭✭✭
    Funny how some people voting "yes", say that they care just about story, and when you propose to take away rewards like 1 skill point and exp, then discussion becomes difficult :P

If you force them to go story in vet, and normal, then they still become time wasters for it. Less time wasters, but still time wasters.

Another option would be putting multiple types of the same quest. And hope, that when they do 2. time in group, then they just skip the dialogues.

OR what i would prefer, if there is no quest for non-story mode, but instead the first time achievement would get the current quest reward. Solo mode would give reward similar to any world quest. Some gold, XP, maybe a green item. No skillpoint.
  • Kombinator
    Kombinator
    ✭✭✭
    Kombinator wrote: »

If you force them to go story in vet, and normal, then they still become time wasters for it. Less time wasters, but still time wasters.

Another option would be putting multiple types of the same quest. And hope, that when they do 2. time in group, then they just skip the dialogues.

OR what i would prefer, if there is no quest for non-story mode, but instead the first time achievement would get the current quest reward. Solo mode would give reward similar to any world quest. Some gold, XP, maybe a green item. No skillpoint.

I mean the quest in solo mode. Doing the solo dunegon itself would give similar reward to regular world content.
  • BackStabeth
    BackStabeth
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    snoozy wrote: »
    Like those people said, who dislike idea about veteran version of overland...
    "Why devs should spent resources on this" (c)

"i don't pvp. why should devs spend resources on this?"

"i don't do trials! no need to develop any!"

"i'm not interested in housing! remove the system altogether!"

"i can't stand seeing other people get what they want! the whole game should revolve around my interests only!"

:#

Seriously think before you speak, Adding harder content is more of a challenge which brings more people together in a social MMO************** EXPERIENCE... Adding solo content like many mmos before did and failed and died leads to a closed off online game where no one speaks or wants to group because they dont need to group because everything is soloable. Storys are told in SOLO quests which this game already have a billion off what little group content 99% of players who level up get to do it group dungeons. Ima get piers morgan on you now...

There is already a TON of solo content, and adding more would not harm anything. There also happens to be a large population of solo players in ESO. It's just like real life, when I go to the grocery store I don't need a gang of friends to do so, yet I am around a lot of other people.

I don't pick chests or pick pocket in a group, that would ruin that type of gameplay, and yet someone else can beat me to a chest or pick pocketing an NPC which is the MMO part.

I enjoy killing bosses in public dungeons alone, specially those meant for groups, and yet anyone can join in and help while I am doing so, I am still playing solo but can still benefit from this being an MMO.

No MMO ever died because they provided solo content, name one and prove me wrong. They have died because they required people to group up who didn't want to, or required PvP or some other activity where being forced to play a certain way chased them off. I personally don't like that I have to group up with random people in order to engage in certain content, or I have to establish myself in a guild so that I can do trials, that seems very limiting to me. Forcing people to play with others when their personality type might be introvert and not something they enjoy, will cause them to leave. Providing solo content that anyone can do solo, or as a group? I see absolutely no harm in that at all.

When people who only play in groups thing of solo content, it seems like they think of it as being content you can only do solo. I have experienced very little of that in this game, a few quests maybe but that's it. Everything else that you do solo can involve other players in some way. So where is the rub? It's just like PvP. I am so sick of PvP after being almost exclusively a PvP player for over 20 years. I want nothing to do with it, so I don't have to engage in it. I don't care if ZoS provides more PvP content or not, so long as I am not required to engage in it myself for progression. Same goes for almost all of the solo content with the except of progression in specific guilds and quests.
  • zvavi
    zvavi
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

I have only been playing for 35 days as I write this, so I feel I must be missing something important if this is a post people are actually arguing about. I don't see any issues personally, is this new content being proposed by the OP?

Yes, new content proposed by op, also, you are missing information, there were times where server couldn't create enough dungeon instances and you couldnt do dungeons because of it, even though they said they upgraded hardware since then, as long as the story mode will be tied to group finder it is a big "NO" from me, since group finder aint working as it is.
  • MornaBaine
    MornaBaine
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I think the, "Don't ask ZoS for new stuff because they can't even keep the old stuff fixed," is a pretty bad argument. The issues are separate. We should absolutely expect them to fix AND improve existing things. The fact that they haven't been able to... is a long established fact and a problem all on it's own. Frankly, I blame the megaserver, a "new" thing they insisted on implementing without having the faintest idea of how it was going to work out. I'd cheerfully play on traditional multiple servers for better performance across the board. Maybe then there'd even be a roleplaying server, the lack of which has been an absolute headache for we roleplayers who ZOS courted so heavily in the early days and then promptly abandoned as soon as the money came rolling in. Before that even.

Technical difficulties aside, there remains no reason at all that players should not express to ZOS the kind of content they want, not matter how small their percentage of like-minded players may be. It's then up to ZOS to decide if they're going to listen or not. More often than not, they don't. So there's really little need to run in circles as if the sky were falling every time someone starts a thread requesting game play you don't want/don't care about.
    PAWS (Positively Against Wrip-off Stuff) - Say No to Crown Crates!

• Kendaric
    Kendaric
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭

I originally voted "No" because of obvious risk of damage that solo-mode might cause to multiplayer. I softened out a bit, after reading some arguments for those voting "Yes" (like fellow gamer @Sylvermynx who can't enjoy group content). I also get why some people want to experience thrill tied with exploring stuff solo.

But skill point and good exp bonus, which you get from compliting group dungeon is just too big incentive to give it away with solo mode. I don't have many alts, but if I make another one, then I'm sure that I 'll do every dungeon as soon as my level will let me do it. I acted in similar way with my first char. Worst thing about this change would be, that some new players, not used to do group content, wouldn't have any incentive to try it out.

Is the skill point awarded for completing the dungeon or is part of the quest reward?

I honestly don't know and while I'd be fine with no skill point, I'd still want any quest rewards for completing the quest (including a skill point if it's part of the reward). Being able to do the quest solo is the point of story mode after...

As far as gold and exp go, they shouldn't be higher than what you gain in overland (e.g. no bonus exp in case something like that exists in dungeons). I think overland rewards are reasonable, as you still have to fight and will incur damage to your equipment.
      PAWS (Positively Against Wrip-off Stuff) - Say No to Crown Crates!. Outfit slots not being accountwide is ridiculous given their price. PC EU/PC NA roleplayer and solo PvE quester
    • karthrag_inak
      karthrag_inak
      ✭✭✭✭✭
      ✭✭
      If something like this were added (And this one doubts it would ever be added, or even would be possible, since many dungeons have group mechanics) then the only way it would be appropriate would be if there were -no- reward for doing it beyond the experience of killing individual mobs and living the "Story".

bind-on-pickup gear should be restricted to group dungeons.
      PC-NA : 19 Khajiit and 1 Fishy-cat with fluffy delusions
      GM of Imperial Gold Reserve trading guild (started in 2017) since 2/2022
    • Olauron
      Olauron
      ✭✭✭✭✭
      Kendaric wrote: »
      Is the skill point awarded for completing the dungeon or is part of the quest reward?

I honestly don't know and while I'd be fine with no skill point, I'd still want any quest rewards for completing the quest (including a skill point if it's part of the reward). Being able to do the quest solo is the point of story mode after...

Skill point is awarded for completing the quest. Once per character so it is impossible to farm it.
      I have 10 characters. I don't use dungeon finder at all. I do dungeons only with one (main) character in a group of friends. Basically I am eating a slot that would be filled from the dungeon finder if there was a story mode for me. I am not doing dungeons and dungeon quests on secondary characters. There are enough skill points outside and they are gained much faster. The only time I tried doing dungeons on secondary characters was undaunted event and the reason was farming boxes, not skill points.
      Farming gold and materials is much faster on dolmens, the real no-effort mode in a game. Farming gold and materials is much faster in public dungeons where the number of enemies (thus gold and materials) is so much more than in group dungeons, they also respawn faster.
      The Three Storm Sharks, episode 8 released on january the 8th.
      One mer to rule them all,
      one mer to find them,
      One mer to bring them all
      and in the darkness bind them.
    • GenjiraX
      GenjiraX
      ✭✭✭✭✭
      Couldn’t ‘story mode’ just disable the kick function so people entering know they could be in there a while?
    • max_only
      max_only
      ✭✭✭✭✭
      ✭✭✭✭✭

SOME PEOPLE.

SOME.

Not everyone who voted yes is in favor of rewards.
      #FiteForYourRite Bosmer = Stealth
      #OppositeResourceSiphoningAttacks
      || CP 1000+ || PC/NA || GUILDS: LWH; IA; CH; XA
      ""All gods' creatures (you lot) are equal when covered in A1 sauce"" -- Old Bosmeri Wisdom
    • Paramedicus
      Paramedicus
      ✭✭✭✭

Unfortunately, for quest reward, and for some people, for some odd reason, it means that it should be given in solo mode too. I guess they forgot that there are quest designed for group play, like those in trails, public dungeons or most board-quests in cyrodil (quests aren't just part of solo gameplay :P).
      The number of instances doesn't really affect the server in the way you suggest. Considering the amount of information that passes between client and server is very little. It's called thin server, fat client meaning the majority of the information, what you see, what you do, the graphics etc are operating on your computer, not the server. What you do on your computer is communicated to the server like opening a door for example, the server might see something that would translate to words like "open door 123" but that's it. In bits and bytes that's nothing.
      You forgot that beside "opening doors" server collect intput for casted abilites, player movement and some interactions with environment and other players, and also must count or sync mechanics affecting players, like mobs AI and other players. Beside that some parts of 3d environment must simulated server-side, where those actions are taking place. MMOs sure have some clever ways to let client side do as much work as safe/possible, and it s true that some other operations like graphics are much much more demanding.. But mentioned calculations add up (especially when you have so many players doing stuff in so many places in game), so saying that problem of additional instances could be ignored is misleading.

@max_only
      I wrote some people. I know not all of you are crypto WoW fans who wants to destroy ESO :P
      Edited by Paramedicus on January 29, 2020 2:41PM
      PC EU
      /script JumpToHouse("@Paramedicus")

↑↑↑ Feel free to visit my house if you need to use Transmute Station or vet Trial Dummy with buffs and Aetherial Well (look for the Harrowing Reaper on the northern rock wall) ↑↑↑
    • Linaleah
      Linaleah
      ✭✭✭✭✭
      ✭✭✭✭✭
      Linaleah wrote: »

Depends on what the random dungeon gives me, characters that i lack many skill points and skill lvls i currently run rn/rv, and usually end up in one i already did. but story mode will make it more efficient just to go there.

Edit: dont forget many many different characters. On average probably make me use dungeon finder less by around 1 round a week, if it affects the whole player base like that, it is a big chunk.

I'm still not seeing it. you do random as much for random reward as you do it for ,maybe getting a skill point, no? like... you still do the dungeons on different characters that you already have skill points from. its already more efficient to just queue up for specific dungeons for skill points. if there is no random reward for solo dungeon (why would there be) queueing up for specific dungeon right now can already be done. and assuming solo dungeons drop overland gear - you still need regular dungeons for gear, no? skill point or no. you either repeat dungeons for variety of reasons or you do not.

edited, in any case, I personaly think that skill point should be uncoupled from the quest all together and attached to dungeon clear achievement instead. extending wait timer was a bandaid that didn't solve inherent issues of not being able to progress the quest in certain dungeons, unless people wait for npc's to stop talking allowing you to quickly skip through conversation to move it forward. (vaults of madness occurs to me as most recent example - you HAVE to talk to each npc you rescue to progress the quest, it doesn't automatically advance)
      Edited by Linaleah on January 29, 2020 2:26PM
      dirty worthless casual.
      Reputation is what other people know about you. Honor is what you know about yourself. Guard your honor. Let your reputation fall where it will. And outlive the ***
      Lois McMaster Bujold "A Civil Campaign"
    • Sylvermynx
      Sylvermynx
      ✭✭✭✭✭
      ✭✭✭✭✭

Well, I don't care to have rewards OTHER THAN the ability to just get the stories. There is a dichotomy in the "Yes" group though. It would be up to ZOS to sort that one out. My personal opinion is that if this ever happens, there should be NO rewards for solo/story mode; the rewards would happen only in normal/vet, as is obtaining right now.
    • curtisnewton
      curtisnewton
      ✭✭✭
      Yes. I would only play to get the stories. If for perfomance reasons there was no loot for solo would be totally ok for me. Even better because a dungeon should be a very dangerous place with no food or stuff lying around. Or immersed and endangered i would only care for my own survival anyway. Only story npcs and books / letters pls.

Would be cool having to stuff food and repair tools before going in!
    • HelathAndrethi
      HelathAndrethi
      ✭✭✭
      My main reason is simple: this is an Elder Scrolls game. Roleplay freedom, exploration and lore are the selling points of the franchise and why ESO is unique among MMORPGs. Not being able to enjoy exploration and story in those HUGE, well-crafted dungeons are a big waste of potential.

Another point is to give players a way to learn the dungeons and grab the skill point (I've missed skill points due to others taking shortcuts progressing too quickly). It'd also provide good challenging solo contents.

Rewards should be limited, at best to a skill point and the quest reward armor (to give a taste of the dungeon sets).

(EDIT) In terms of difficulty and rewards I propose there can also be normal and veteran modes for the solo mode. Normal mode is the same difficulty as public dungeons and only give a skill point (maybe also the quest reward armor in green quality). Veteran mode is around the difficulty of nMA (DLC dungeons are naturally harder and closer to vMA), bosses have a LOW CHANCE of dropping a dungeon set armor (in this way they're encouraged to go to 4-men if they want to complete gear sets), drops are blue in quality. Players are able to get some veteran dungeon achievements (speedrun, no death etc) and unlock achievement-related rewards, however they're challenging and at least as hard as in vet group dungeons if not harder (due to absence of roles).

Trials and arenas can have a solo mode too. Normal is at least nMA difficulty and veteran is vMA difficulty. Rewards and achievements are similar to above
      Edited by HelathAndrethi on January 29, 2020 3:43PM
    • InaMoonlight
      InaMoonlight
      ✭✭✭✭✭
      Yes please. As one with severe social anxiety that pops up when I'm in groups with strangers (and often wrecks a whole day because of ill-mannered behavior), I would LOVE this!
      Edit = Typos ... as usual. <;D
    • Sevn
      Sevn
      ✭✭✭✭✭
      I think I have a solution for the naysayers, especially the ones who are against any loot being rewarded including the skillpoint.

If there is a member of the party that hasn't done the story make the dungeon require every team member to wait until they have gone through all the dialogue for each npc.

Also allot a set amount of time for them to explore each section of the dungeon if they so choose.

No more worries about unearned loot or lack of players for pugs. Win/win right?
      There is nothing noble in being superior to your fellow man, true nobility is being superior to your former self
      -Hemingway