The maintenance is complete, and the PTS is now available.
Maintenance for the week of August 19:
• ESO Website for maintenance – August 22, 7:00AM EDT (11:00 UTC)

PTS Update 23 - Feedback Thread for Multi-Bidding

ZOS_GinaBruno
ZOS_GinaBruno
Community Manager
This is the official feedback thread for the improvements for guild trader multi-bidding. First, please place multiple bids on Guild Traders on the PTS. Specific feedback that the team is looking for includes the following:
  • Were you notified appropriately when your bid(s) completed?
  • Did the overall bidding process and bid tracking window function as expected?
  • Do you have any other general feedback?
Gina Bruno
Community Manager - The Elder Scrolls Online
Dev Tracker | Service Alerts | Facebook | Twitter
Staff Post
  • DragonRacer
    DragonRacer
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    This is the official feedback thread for the improvements for guild trader multi-bidding. First, please place multiple bids on Guild Traders on the PTS. Specific feedback that the team is looking for includes the following:
    • Do you have any other general feedback?

I cannot comment on the first two bullet points, being that I am a console player. So, perhaps it is not appropriate to use this thread to provide "other general feedback", but as the other threads created do not have a ZOS response yet... I have to try.

Could some reasoning be provided as to why this has been created and why a number so high as 10?

Is this to try and somehow cut down on the "ghost guilds" some large guilds create as a "back-up" in case their bid loses?

Answers to those questions would help to better guide me in additional questions and appropriate, respectful feedback. Please. Asking as a large, dues-free console trading guild GM.
    PS4 NA. GM of The PTK's - a free trading guild (CP 160+) - and Vice-GM of The Dragon Chasers - a free beginners trading guild (all levels welcome). Also a werewolf, bites are free when they're available. PSN = DragonRacer13
  • Taleof2Cities
    Taleof2Cities
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    so if not enough people posted here, you will say, nobody complained? there are already 2 threads for it:

nobody cares, wether the system is working right. most of the gm just dont want it and i am pretty sure, most think its a huge mistake.

sincerely yours

It’s OK to have an opinion as long as it’s constructive.

Non-constructive opinions are the reason why we shouldn’t do drugs.
    "May you walk on warm sands."
    "First, I would ask that you look to the poor and the suffering around Cyrodiil. Look into their hearts, and then look into your own."
    "May Auri-El's light guide you in your darkest hours."

North American (NA) PC Megaserver (click to view):
    Vilerihala - Magicka Templar (Altmer ~ Dedicated Healer) ~ Màisalihna - Stamina Dragonknight (Bosmer) ~ Áhliaselia - Stamina Templar (Bosmer) ~ Thraccenia Vendicci - Stamina Sorcerer (Imperial) ~ daa'Vaaliánia - Magicka Warden (Dunmer) ~ Wenayastare - Magicka Dragonknight (Altmer) ~ Aráliavina - Stamina Nightblade (Bosmer) ~ Ysyna Rielle - Magicka Warden (Breton) ~ Dro-r'Aahni Bright-Paws - Magicka Necromancer (Khajiit) ~ Rhusannah - Stamina Nightblade (Redguard) ~ Eirellonye - Magicka Nightblade (Altmer) ~ Lae'Suuriávia - Stamina Warden (Bosmer) ~ Dralora Savani - Magicka Sorcerer (Dunmer) ~ Billows-With-Incense - Magicka Warden (Argonian ~ Dedicated Healer) ~ Anísa'Vardaia - Health Dragonknight (Imperial) ~ Azhnakha gra-Shugarz - Stamina Necromancer (Orc) ~ Vilinalara - Magicka Sorcerer (Altmer ~ Grand Master Crafter)
  • nordmarian
    nordmarian
    ✭✭✭
    I think this can only be proper tested on the live server. But I would like to invite all the trade guilds GM to the test server and try to test the new bidding system and provide direct feedback towards ZOS.

I would like to suggest to increase the guild traders by 2-3x by letting 2 or 3 guilds have a trader on the same guild spot. And let people select which guild they want to interact with when they approach the NPC. I think this would work even better in parallel with multiple bidding system.

Another idea is to rework the current guild system and implement an guild achievement page... a lot to talk about... on short... guilds should have different rank system depending on sales, sizes, or other statistics. But in this case lets say we have 3 rank levels. S M L. And this in parallel with sharing a guild trader would give a HUGE chance for small and Medium trade guilds to improve by allowing them to bet on some really good spots. How? This way... in a good town a certain trader has 3 spots one for L guilds one for M one for S and guilds could bid accordingly. L to L M to M S to S.
    Edited by nordmarian on July 8, 2019 7:46PM
  • cjhhickman39
    cjhhickman39
    ✭✭✭✭
    As someone on the outside looking in,(not a gm) I think one thing might make this workable.
    1st bid unlimited
    2nd bid 1 million cap
    3rd bid 900,000 cap
    Scale down to bid ten at 100,000 off each time.
    This would still allow you to go all out after your primary trader but still allow guilds that don’t have unlimited resources to have a shot at a good trader.
    Please take this with a grain of salt and remember this is a suggestion from someone who has little information on this area.
    Also l am old (salt reference does not have the same meaning to me as it does to the younger crowd 😃)
  • reoskit
    reoskit
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Regarding technical feedback - On the PTS, in Deshaan, only half-ish of the kiosks were populated with current guilds. The other half were/are up for hire.

Whether that's part of the new system being launched, or just PTS wonk, I hope that won't be the situation after U23 go-live, presumably on a Monday or Tuesday morning post-flip.
  • Dusk_Coven
    Dusk_Coven
    ✭✭✭✭
    nordmarian wrote: »
    I think this can only be proper tested on the live server. But I would like to invite all the trade guilds GM to the test server and try to test the new bidding system and provide direct feedback towards ZOS.

Even assuming that enough GMs join PTS, what is an "acceptable outcome"?

I think ZOS is pushing this through no matter what and are mostly just asking whether the interface is bugged.
    Probably it is to somehow ease the scramble to find a trader when you realize you can't win the one you want. In an organic system there will be repercussions both intentional or otherwise.
  • Dont_do_drugs
    Dont_do_drugs
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Hello? Anyone out there? Orbs and other things were worth responding too. Why aren't trade guild GMs not worth anything to you? Never felt as mistreated and downgraded by zos like these times.

Not even when u replaced Craglorn map. Not even when you guys trolled me by telling me some specific goldsellers and aeth dust exploiter were banned just to see my guild outbid the following week by them with their exploited 100m which didnt get removed by you and which most likely attacked me for speaking out on their exploit on forums.
    Edited by Dont_do_drugs on July 10, 2019 12:49PM

Get Stuff like this (but not this stuff)

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
    ________________________________________________________________________________

Egal, wie gut du Schach spielst, die Taube wird alle Figuren umwerfen, auf das Brett kacken und herumstolzieren, als hätte sie gewonnen.
  • Dusk_Coven
    Dusk_Coven
    ✭✭✭✭
    Grimm13 wrote: »
    Still no response. … Guilds deserve a named Dev that we know is looking at those concerns, asking for continual feedback and communicating back.

It's frustrating, sure. However if they responded to every post where someone called them to respond, there'd be no end to it because people would abuse it with petty posts.
    They might even have an internal handbook of what to do/not to do with the forums and responding every time their @name is mentioned is on the not-to-do list.

I think there's been enough posts on this topic that, IF they are reading or even skimming the PTS forums, they'd know to pay attention and we can only hope they're in some kind of group huddle mashing things out.