The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/

Guild Multi-bidding, why?

• EllieBlue
    EllieBlue
    ✭✭✭✭
    Anita,

so we will just agree to disagree. There is no point in arguing further because like you said, you are not me and will most likely not see my (and others) points nor understand what I have seen and experienced because you have not. And we are speaking from 2 different platforms. You from the spectator arena and us, the GMs, from the gladiator rings. And so, we will end our back and forth here because it is futile and leads to nowhere.
    Nirn Traders GM (est 2015)
    PC EU
    Semi-retired. Playing games for fun. Super casual.
  • anitajoneb17_ESO
    anitajoneb17_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    EllieBlue wrote: »
    You from the spectator arena and us, the GMs, from the gladiator rings

Yet another assumption. And attempt at a disguised "you have no clue".
    Simply accept a different opinion. There's nothing wrong with disagreeing and I've never tried to minimize or deny your concerns.

Edited by anitajoneb17_ESO on July 8, 2019 1:38PM
  • reoskit
    reoskit
    ✭✭✭✭✭

This is NOT FUN.
    Yes, I want instability. Yes, I want surprises. Yes, I want to log in on sundays evenings to check on the traders' swap and feel happy and relieved when we have one, and frustrated when we have none.
    I want this to be much more of a game. I want GMs to ask for help and involve members more than they currently do. I want thrill and suspense. I want bids to fail, and succeed, and fail again. I want to travel to trading hubs and see NEW guilds around, and see who sniped whom.
    And I want to see everyone consider it more lightly, like, you know, a GAME.

Anita, I’ve seen plenty of your posts across the forums; I’ve often agreed with you. Today is not one of those days.

If you want suspense, I recommend you become a GM and find yourself responsible for and accountable to 500 people. You can be on AT the flip, instead of logging in after it. You can know what that anxiety feels like. You can know the heartbreak of letting down your guildies, the majority of whom have pitched in together as a joint community invested in their own success.

I spend the majority of my time in game “asking for help” from my guildies. It’s remarkably presumptuous to assume that GMs don’t. And that begging is only going to be compounded exponentially now that bids are set to rise. Thank you for suggesting that even more of our time should be devoted to fundraising.

With regard to treating this like a “GAME,” some of us like to win. Thus, we invest time and effort in running impeccable guilds. I’m sorry you find it boring that we are successful. If you’d like to go harp on Hodor for being consistently successful at trials because it’s boring, well, you’ll be met with the same indignation you’re met with here.

If one of your goals with this chaos is to see new guilds in kiosks, I’ll be the first to remind you, this change annihilates the entry points for new trade guilds. Make no mistake, the monopoly that we large guilds have on the kiosks will only grow.

I’m not attempting to be antagonistic, just point for point responding. You are very welcome to your opinion; we are very welcome to respond.
  • anitajoneb17_ESO
    anitajoneb17_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    @reoskit : I know you know how much I appreciate trading guilds and how respectful I am of the GMs' huge work.

And I know it's a bit unfair. You've done your best and succeeded in this given environment... and now this environment is being changed. Because you've made it close to immovable.
    It's like when top players work so hard to reach 80+ DPS... and it leads to... their build being nerfed.

About anxiety : if leading a trading guild is so painful, you should consider stopping it ? Your description is nearly frightening, to be honest.
    To a certain extent, you remind me of my mother who was complaining 24/7 about housework, but couldn't stop cleaning the kitchen. We kept telling her that we wanted her to just sit and be with us, but she preferred her stainless kitchen and complaining :-)
    reoskit wrote: »
    If one of your goals with this chaos is to see new guilds in kiosks, I’ll be the first to remind you, this change annihilates the entry points for new trade guilds. Make no mistake, the monopoly that we large guilds have on the kiosks will only grow.

Yes, that's my hope : to see new guilds, more rotations and more uncertainty with kiosks. Even if that should be detrimental to the guilds I'm in and as a consequence, to myself.
    If I'm wrong and you're right (when you say it will comfort the current monopolies), I will acknowledge that (say, by Christmas, the time for the new system to settle in and for people to adjust).

• Dont_do_drugs
    Dont_do_drugs
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    But you're just a single person wanting that. 4l50 percent of the community screams for auction house bcs they do not want to search for good stores all the time, Anita. Once we have your wished for chaos, u will see even more screaming for exactly thaz.

Get Stuff like this (but not this stuff)

¯\_(ツ)_/¯

"I have too admit. People leading trade guilds in this game are quite stupid. Not stupid like fools, but stupid like leaders.
    They can only bla-bla and waste gold on feeding their ego. I am disappointed."

Egal, wie gut du Schach spielst, die Taube wird alle Figuren umwerfen, auf das Brett kacken und herumstolzieren, als hätte sie gewonnen.

Arkadius Trade Tools
    Modular framework, now open for authors who want to add own tabs.

My Donation (Arkadius' Trade Tools Addon)
    First external ATT tab contribution.

Port to Friend's House Addon
    Check out the new Port to Friend's House library and port to contributers houses:
    Deutsch | English

• anitajoneb17_ESO
    anitajoneb17_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I'm not "wanting" anything, I'm approving on one of ZOS' decisions, it's not exactly the same.

You could also notice that ALL opponents of this in these threads, with the one noticeable exception of @SantieClaws , are GMs of established guilds. It's normal for established people to wish for the preservation of the branch they're sitting on. It's not necessarily representative of the "common good" (I don't pretend to represent the "common good" either, though).

I fail to understand what the auction house debate has to do with it, really. People who want an auction house don't want to visit guild traders, regardless of what guilds own said guild traders.
  • reoskit
    reoskit
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I’m on a phone, so quoting is hard.

The reward of success far outweighs the anxiety. (I never said pain; you needn’t be frightened for me.) I don’t see striving to be top of your game to be the same as cleaning your kitchen. Competitiveness is not the same as compulsion.
  • Dont_do_drugs
    Dont_do_drugs
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I'm not "wanting" anything, I'm approving on one of ZOS' decisions, it's not exactly the same.

You could also notice that ALL opponents of this in these threads, with the one noticeable exception of @SantieClaws , are GMs of established guilds. It's normal for established people to wish for the preservation of the branch they're sitting on. It's not necessarily representative of the "common good" (I don't pretend to represent the "common good" either, though).

I fail to understand what the auction house debate has to do with it, really. People who want an auction house don't want to visit guild traders, regardless of what guilds own said guild traders.

Why youre ignoring the other thread, a lot of people also writing which hm smaller and medium sized guilds, but most won't discuss in multiple threads.

¯\_(ツ)_/¯

"I have too admit. People leading trade guilds in this game are quite stupid. Not stupid like fools, but stupid like leaders.

Egal, wie gut du Schach spielst, die Taube wird alle Figuren umwerfen, auf das Brett kacken und herumstolzieren, als hätte sie gewonnen.

Arkadius Trade Tools

Check out the new Port to Friend's House library and port to contributers houses:
    Deutsch | English

• martinhpb16_ESO
    martinhpb16_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Why youre ignoring the other thread, a lot of people also writing which hm smaller and medium sized guilds, but most won't discuss in multiple threads.

Exactly :/
    At least the spelling is difficult for you.
    Hew's Bane*
  • DragonRacer
    DragonRacer
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭

I am the GM of an established guild on PS4, yes, but am not one of the capital traders. I run a dues-free, donation-based guild that is 2 years old, which can be quite difficult to do on our platform and reliably win bids. I can usually place us in a decent trader 3 out of 4 weeks; never anywhere consistent because the larger guilds target us and consistently push us out of desirable cities if we sit too long in a place.

I am currently on a two-week losing streak which, of course, has left lots of my folks unhappy. Both bids *should* have been overpaying for the trader and city I targeted, yet I was outbid (and saw similar allies place similar bids in the same cities and win, so I know I'm simply on a bad streak of luck - but to others, it appears as incompetence of a trading guild GM).

It is already chaotic, from my perspective. I do not look forward to it becoming even MORE chaotic, nor do I look forward to what will most likely be inflation/soaring costs of traders mostly across the board. I do well to raise the funds necessary to place one strong bid a week - being now asked to come up with more funds to try and place back-up bids will be very challenging and more time-consuming, despite the appeal of having back-up bid ability. And if trader prices DO increase as a result of this, it will almost assuredly mean the following for my guild: 1) We can say goodbye to ever bidding in Alinor/Vivec/Craglorn and hope to win again; 2) Accept that we'll become a middle-tier city trader and/or 3) Cause the institution of weekly dues in order to try and compete at a "higher" level (which, after this change, would really be trying to compete for the level we already painstakingly try to compete on currently).

Just my two cents and perspective.
    PS5 NA. GM of The PTK's - a free trading guild (CP 500+). Also a werewolf, bites are free when they're available. PSN = DragonRacer13
  • anitajoneb17_ESO
    anitajoneb17_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Neither do I. Why should I ?
    And that doesn't change the fact that you're all just defending your piece of lawn. That's all.
  • anitajoneb17_ESO
    anitajoneb17_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    The reward of success far outweighs the anxiety.

Then stop complaining ?
    Competitiveness is not the same as compulsion.

My mother would say "cleanliness is not the same as addiction".

But let's not derail.
    My point (and I'm sure you understood it) is that I'd like the GMs to take things more lightly and have more fun and stop suffering & complaining, and the new system may help with that, due to the higher level of uncertainty and impredictability involved.

• Dont_do_drugs
    Dont_do_drugs
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    OK. Thanks mommy.

¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Arkadius Trade Tools

Deutsch | English

• Fiktius
    Fiktius
    ✭✭✭✭

How smart observation you've done here: since many posters here are GMs of established guilds and we know in what kind of league we are in, don't you think we know also exactly why this system is gonna be horrible for smaller guilds?

If this multi-bidding system is gonna become reality, developers will give ALL OF US a chance to bid on multiple spots and I will repeat what many have said already multiple times: This new system does NOT favor medium or small guilds.

As an example I use myself:
    I'm a GM of 3 trade guilds on PC EU and I've been alreading checking out what kind of spots could be suitable, if worst case scenario happens and this multi-bidding system becomes reality. There's no need to be a genius to understand that bidding on "big fish spots" is as good as hitting an axe to my own knee. Why in earth I would do that? Guess where I will place my back up bids instead? Guess what kind of guilds are gonna be sacrificed as an exchange?

And since we care about our own communities, we of course try to maintain what drives benefits of our own guilds.
    Yes: Many of us will be bidding on smaller tier spots as well, because having a trader is still better than having none.
    Yes, we will be bidding higher than the spot is even worth and we do it, because our own community is priority in our own
    minds.
    This new system does not give much breathing room for smaller guilds and that's exactly why I'm telling this.
    As medium/small guild you can be sure that your spot will be used as back up by someone higher on the ladder.
    Does 3 M bid on each spot in Skywatch sound absurd? Soon it might become a reality.

You want chaos happen, but as an exchange medium and small guilds will be thrown under buss. How sweet of you.
  • reoskit
    reoskit
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    And I’d like for you to stop telling me (us) how to play this game. Why does it matter to you how we manage our guilds?

You mischaracterize our concerns, our caring, our advocation as “complaining.” It’s belittling and rude. As such, I’m done replying. This anklebiting does nothing to speak to the concerns that many of us raised.

We’ll continue to provide feedback, to advocate for a healthy trade environment.
  • SantieClaws
    SantieClaws
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Greetings travellers.

This one would like to clarify that she is an officer in a medium sized and well respected trading guild that has been around since beta.

We charge no fees, impose no minimum trade. We would like to keep it that way.

She speaks though not from any wish to preserve things as they are - this one only wants things to be better for all guilds - this change can only make them much worse.

This one has said many times over that the core problem with this system is that there are simply not enough traders. Finding different ways to divide them up won't change things.

Yours with paws
    Santie Claws
    Shunrr's Skooma Oasis - The Movie. A housing video like no other ...
    Find it here - https://youtube.com/user/wenxue2222

Clan Claws - now recruiting khajiit and like minded others for parties, fishing and other khajiit stuff. Contact this one for an invite.

PAWS (Positively Against Wrip-off Stuff) - Say No to Crown Crates!

https://www.imperialtradingcompany.eu/
  • martinhpb16_ESO
    martinhpb16_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭

But let's not derail.
    My point (and I'm sure you understood it) is that I'd like the GMs to take things more lightly and have more fun and stop suffering & complaining, and the new system may help with that, due to the higher level of uncertainty and impredictability involved.

massively derailed already.

thanks for wanting us to have more fun and take things more lightly, thats very nice of you. We are trying to tell you and explaining why that higher uncertainty and unpredictability has and will have the opposite effect. On this thread and on the other one every GM of big and small guilds is very clearly stating this.

For some reason you are choosing not to listen.

If you do want us to be happier and less stressed then please please please support us.
    Edited by martinhpb16_ESO on July 8, 2019 4:35PM
    Hew's Bane*
  • deleted008293
    deleted008293
    ✭✭✭✭
    I said in one another post. The BEST idea is to increase the trade spots by allowing 2 or 3 guilds to bid and win on same trader.

https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/comment/6194176/#Comment_6194176
  • Grimm13
    Grimm13
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Did u even make a bit of maths?

10 million in taxes = 571K sales for each and every 500 members of the guild, every single week.
    That's the math. And no guild has that sort of sales figures. None.

I know of a guild that exceeds that amount. Believe me or not.
    https://sparkforautism.org/

Season of DraggingOn
    It's your choice on how you vote with your $

PC-NA
  • anitajoneb17_ESO
    anitajoneb17_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    For some reason you are choosing not to listen.
    If you do want us to be happier and less stressed then please please please support us.

I do listen. But what I'm hearing is in fact how unhealthy the whole thing has become. Noone wants to touch "big established guilds", either because they're "friends", or because of fear of trouble, and the smaller ones should stay where they are, and nothing should change, and the big guilds feel entitled to their usual trader spot for years and years.
    That's not how the thing was supposed to work, it's deep frozen. Everything is agreed upon behind the scenes with minimum changes.

The best way to be less stressed is to see it as a game and to realize (you, and your members too) that the sky isn't falling because you don't have a trader for a week or even more. And if your members let you down because of this, maybe it's not that much of a "community". Traders are supposed to rotate.

• SammiSakura
    SammiSakura
    ✭✭✭✭
    Anita. The other posters here are getting agitated from your responses as you are speculating from a base of inexperience. Even I am appalled at some of the things you have said.

Yes, we are all presuming what will happen, but we are able to form an informed hypothesis due to our experience and expertise. If you think it'll be a good thing then just say that and move on.

For the rest of us however, we would not be making so much noise if we weren't horribly concerned about the implications this will have across ALL servers. And it's not just the big guilds. I am GM of a small-mid tier guild. This could potentially ruin us. The main thing is we just don't have the gold to support this system. And once big guilds get pushed down the ladder, so will we. bid prices rise. and guilds start falling off the end.

There is no logical reason for this change. What we need is for npc's to not be released for hire when a guild disbands. it's simple. problem solved.

i likely have other things to say, but frankly, im tired, and ive just read through 3 pages of utter cowpoop, when this thread should have been kept factual and free from bickering
    @SammiSakura - EU Server - CP 1600+ - Here Since 14th October 2016
    Visit my home at the Alinor Townhouse
    Guildhall with All Set-Stations etc at Grand Psijic Villa

Guildmaster of The Forbidden Guilds (PC EU)
    ~ The Forbidden Cleavage (in Elden Root, Grahtwood)
    ~ Brave Cat Trade (in Alinor, Summerset)
    ~ Demonic Baanditos (PvE/Social Guild, in Markarth, The Reach)
    PM @SammiSakura In-Game for Invites.

Curator & Middleman of Crown Black Market Crown Trading Discord
    Click Here to Join & Start Trading Today!
    My Characters!
    * Samara Nevanni - Dunmer MagDK DD (PvE/P) (Master Crafter)
    * Adriana Silvani - Altmer MagSorc DD (PvE)
    * Tsanji-Ko - Khajiit StamDen DD (PvE)
    * Waits-For-Darkness - Argonian MagPlar Healer (PvE)
    * Lilith Valeine - Breton MagPlar DD (PvP)
    * Luna Rosalie - Bosmer StamBlade DD (PvP)
    * Mithrandir the Healer - Nord Magden Healer (PvE)
    * Talia Scythe-Song - Redguard Necro Tank (PvE)
    * Loki the Theif - Khajiit MagBlade (PvE)
  • anitajoneb17_ESO
    anitajoneb17_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yes, we are all presuming what will happen, but we are able to form an informed hypothesis due to our experience and expertise. If you think it'll be a good thing then just say that and move on.

It's you who keep talking to me :-)

As to the "experience" and "expertise", have you noticed that all the complainers these days - not only about the trader bids, but also about all the combat changes - claim to have the "experience" and the "expertise" ? And not only this time, but with every single damn patch ?

• martinhpb16_ESO
    martinhpb16_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭

That's not how the thing was supposed to work, it's deep frozen. Everything is agreed upon behind the scenes with minimum changes.

It probably always will be Anita because communities only succeed through cooperation and mutual agreement. Its as if with this change ZOS assume we are all independent and never talk with eachother. What you are saying is "this is not how I think it should work" rather than accepting how it does work when most people in the community cooperate and work together .

The best way to be less stressed is to see it as a game and to realize (you, and your members too) that the sky isn't falling because you don't have a trader for a week or even more. And if your members let you down because of this, maybe it's not that much of a "community". Traders are supposed to rotate.

There is a mismatch here between what you think people should think and behave and what they do think and behave. There is a simple reason why traders dont rotate. Its too chaotic and generally speaking people want to trade in the most efficient way they can with the system available. I cant even begin to imagine how rotation would work!

There are any number of posts explaining why this will sow chaos and cause more stress. I'm not seeing any changes in opinion either based on your arguments.
    Edited by martinhpb16_ESO on July 8, 2019 5:55PM
    Hew's Bane*
  • Pevey
    Pevey
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    The vast majority of people who play this game just want an easy place to buy and sell things. About 40-50% of forums-goers (and although unsubstantiated I would guess an even larger percentage of game-playing non-forum-goers) support a global auction house over the system we have now because the current system is too complicated and not stable enough for them.

This change is 100% designed by some economist to sink even more gold each week. And it will be successful at that.

And it will also create some chaos. And most players will dislike that. Even among forum-goers, another poll about an auction house vs the trader system a month after this goes live will most likely show a majority in support of an auction house.

It will do nothing whatsoever about the ghost guild problem. Guilds do this to make money more than as a backup. That will continue. Especially as the appetite for gold each week to try to maintain a stable spot becomes insatiable.

I predict an increase in overall gold sunk in bids of 50-100%. Could be more. And for the average player who just wants to sell a few duplicate motifs— sorry, there is no longer an appropriate guild for you.
  • anitajoneb17_ESO
    anitajoneb17_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    There is a mismatch here between what you think people should think and behave and what they do think and behave. There is a simple reason why traders dont rotate. Its too chaotic and generally speaking people want to trade in the most efficient way they can with the system available. I cant even begin to imagine how rotation would work!

No. It's not what I think people should think and behave, it's what (I believe) ZOS is trying to achieve : trader rotation. Whether multi-bidding is a good way to achieve this is debatable, but I believe that's what they're trying to do (in the full knowledge that established guilds won't like it).
    And I believe trader rotation will do a lot positive for the game, its economy and traders in general (while fully respecting that you disagree with that vision).

• SammiSakura
    SammiSakura
    ✭✭✭✭
    As to the "experience" and "expertise", have you noticed that all the complainers these days - not only about the trader bids, but also about all the combat changes - claim to have the "experience" and the "expertise" ? And not only this time, but with every single damn patch ?

Giving negative feedback isnt exactly complaining. And these gm's literally have expertise in this area so I have no idea what you are trying to insinuate. Go get off your high horse somewhere else and stop trying to tell the people who actually know what theyre talking about that they are wrong
    ta ta o/
    @SammiSakura - EU Server - CP 1600+ - Here Since 14th October 2016
    Visit my home at the Alinor Townhouse
    Guildhall with All Set-Stations etc at Grand Psijic Villa

Guildmaster of The Forbidden Guilds (PC EU)
    ~ The Forbidden Cleavage (in Elden Root, Grahtwood)
    ~ Brave Cat Trade (in Alinor, Summerset)
    ~ Demonic Baanditos (PvE/Social Guild, in Markarth, The Reach)
    PM @SammiSakura In-Game for Invites.

Curator & Middleman of Crown Black Market Crown Trading Discord
    Click Here to Join & Start Trading Today!
    My Characters!
    * Samara Nevanni - Dunmer MagDK DD (PvE/P) (Master Crafter)
    * Adriana Silvani - Altmer MagSorc DD (PvE)
    * Tsanji-Ko - Khajiit StamDen DD (PvE)
    * Waits-For-Darkness - Argonian MagPlar Healer (PvE)
    * Lilith Valeine - Breton MagPlar DD (PvP)
    * Luna Rosalie - Bosmer StamBlade DD (PvP)
    * Mithrandir the Healer - Nord Magden Healer (PvE)
    * Talia Scythe-Song - Redguard Necro Tank (PvE)
    * Loki the Theif - Khajiit MagBlade (PvE)
  • Grimm13
    Grimm13
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Greetings travellers.

This one has said many times over that the core problem with this system is that there are simply not enough traders.

Yours with paws
    Santie Claws

That is a key point. Each platform has 210 traders if I counted right. That's 105,000 possible member spots, 4 platforms makes it 420,000 total trader spots. Now lets take ZOS at their work on 10 million stories, that leaves 9,580,000 players out of a trader spot.

Definitively need more Traders. But how many?
    https://sparkforautism.org/

Season of DraggingOn
    It's your choice on how you vote with your $

PC-NA
  • martinhpb16_ESO
    martinhpb16_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    And I believe trader rotation will do a lot positive for the game, its economy and traders in general (while fully respecting that you disagree with that vision).

Please explain why rotation will be better, if possible with practical examples of how it will work and add benefits.

I would also be interested to hear how rotation will actually happen with the proposed system that is based on the availability of gold. Like actually happen.
    Edited by martinhpb16_ESO on July 8, 2019 6:12PM
    Hew's Bane*
  • deleted008293
    deleted008293
    ✭✭✭✭
    For start I think the best idea is to increase the guild traders by doubling or even tripling the amount of trade guilds per NPC. Also this works good with the multi bid system.
    Edited by deleted008293 on July 8, 2019 6:11PM
  • deleted008293
    deleted008293
    ✭✭✭✭
    Rotation is better because it gives a chance to entry level guilds. Or it should do it. But for now it seems to benefit and counter benefit the large guilds only so far.
    Edited by deleted008293 on July 8, 2019 6:10PM