Maintenance for the week of September 16:
• [COMPLETE] PC/Mac: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – September 16, 4:00AM EDT (8:00 UTC) – 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)
• Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – September 18, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – September 18, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
Update 44 is now available for testing on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/categories/pts

what is your LEAST favorite race, and why?

• dazee
    dazee
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Argonian
    Using culture as a reason not to like a race for gameplay or RP purposes is sort of flawed... theres always exceptions. you'll meet Anti Slavery Dunmer NPCs in Morrowind, and intelligent, funny Argonians in murkmire. You'll meet bretons like Darien, and Nords like Shalidor (he might have lost a bet to sheogorath but you don't become archmage without being smart and wise)
    Playing your character the way your character should play is all that matters. Play as well as you can but never betray the character. Doing so would make playing an mmoRPG pointless.
  • Lord-Otto
    Lord-Otto
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Khajiit
    Any elf. Elf weak. Orc strong.

Orcs, OrsiMER, are elves... Never noticed the pointy ears?
    (-_-)
  • BrianLovesLisa
    BrianLovesLisa
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    This thread is racist.
  • NotaDaedraWorshipper
    NotaDaedraWorshipper
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I wish this poll had a "None" option. But I guess not voting will have to do!

*Checks current scores*
    Huh. Guess this is may not be the time to say bosmer and argonians are some of my favourite races :p

Edit:Typo.
    Edited by NotaDaedraWorshipper on April 29, 2019 1:29AM
    [Lie] Of course! I don't even worship Daedra!
  • frostz417
    frostz417
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Argonian
    Only good argonians are the ones that work in the fields
  • Aetherderius
    Aetherderius
    ✭✭✭✭
    Altmer
    Altmer and Dunmer. Why? The 'fans'.

I can only hear so much drivel about 'master races' before I start flashing back.
  • dazee
    dazee
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Argonian
    I can only hear so much drivel about 'master races' before I start flashing back.
    you're over 70?
    Playing your character the way your character should play is all that matters. Play as well as you can but never betray the character. Doing so would make playing an mmoRPG pointless.
  • Tasear
    Tasear
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Breton
    Cheezits94 wrote: »
    Bosmer!
    I dislike their lore and the NPC voices so much.
    Plus, they are overhyped on the forums due to their "cuteness" etc, which I think is nothing but cringy because a lot of pictures posted around here show female bosmer with pigtails and childish faces, and they mostly look like young, little girls. Therefor, this whole"bosmers are smol, cute and waifu-material"-hype gives me creeps everytime I read it because of the Lolita/Pedo-wibes I associate with that.

This as well. Bosmer characters with breast-sliders to maximum combined with girly faces and the pigtail hairstyle are horrible. I can't do anything against it, and I am really, really sorry about this, but if I see it, I always picture the player behind it as a single, elderly man who also finds enjoyment of the unhealthy sort in TV shows such as "Toddlers & Tiaras" and "Here comes Honey Boo Boo" :D

🤣 Most definitely wrong... Wood elves are really popular with female population of eso. Also they represent typical hippie vibe or going green for people. Then I just 😏 like inviting people over for dinner.
  • Lumenn
    Lumenn
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Orc
    Could never hate argonian. Spent WAY too many years with a beloved reptile monk in a certain other mmo. Too bad eso doesn't have monks. But orcs are a no brainer. You can't make them look good. Even trying to make them look evil and those tusks...looks like a double digit IQ and should drool.
  • Isojukka
    Isojukka
    ✭✭✭
    Khajiit
    Sick minded furries.
    Eso since Xbox launch and switched over to pc 1/2019.
  • Michaelkeir
    Michaelkeir
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Khajiit
    I've never really liked Khajiits....or Argonians honestly. Never played them in an Elderscrolls game. Maybe it's because of the tails I don't know. They just didn't look pleasing to me in those older games.

In ESO, I have an Argonian Warden tank/healer and I like it much better. Plus the Argonian armors look really good on them now. Not to mention the lore behind them and how in Oblivion they basically pushed the daedra back through the gates and had them running scared.

Now Khajiits....well I just never liked them. Lore wise, I never knew much about them...well that's changing with the new update. I hate their armor style. Lastly I really can't come up with a play style for them honestly. Usually when I use to make a thief character I'd role a Bosmer...but they got nerfed so i run a theif Khajiit.

• Nerftheforums
    Nerftheforums
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Argonian

Orcs are elfs boi. They are named orsimer for a reason.
  • Wise_Will
    Wise_Will
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Orc
    Orcs are just the worse, they look like sneaky rapists, I would happily purge Tamriel of them.
    XBOX EU/PC EU
  • ArchMikem
    ArchMikem
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Altmer
    I want to just punch them in their perfect teeth.
    CP1,900+ Master Explorer - AvA One Star General - Console Peasant - The Clan
    Quest Objective: OMG Go Talk To That Kitty!
  • WuffyCerulei
    WuffyCerulei
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Dunmer
    Dumner because they enslave Khajiit and Argonians.
    Altmer as well, as they’re the biggest a-holes of Tamriel. Oh, we probably made the moons disappear for 2 years and screw up the Khajiit a lot. Lmao, we brought it back (not confirmed). Oh, we also hate the fact that some Nord yeeted the entire effing continent into an empire. So yall can’t worship them. And the Blades? Lol, burn em. We also don’t like other people. Anyone not Altmer is disgusting.
    And Bosmer. I know a lot of people like em, but to me, they’re lil tree-dwelling gremlins who eat cats.
    Literally all Mer cept Orsimer. They have their issues, but they are really not like enslaving, belittling, or eating cats.

I do also think people hate Argonians because they’re not their lil waifus. Oddly enough the same kind of people who love Bosmer.
    For the love of Kyne, buff sorc. PC NACP 2100+Star-Sïnger - Khajiit Magicka Sorc - EP Grand Overlord - Flawless Conqueror vMA/vBRP/vDSA no death/vHel Ra HM/vAA HM/vSO HM/vMoL HM/vHoF HM/vAS +2/vCR+3/vSS HMs/vKA HMs/vVH/vRG Oax HM/vDSR
  • Ye_Olde_Crowe
    Ye_Olde_Crowe
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Nord
    Nord.

While the Nords didn't come across as ...well, anything, really, in the ES games up to Skyrim, Ulfric and his nationalist antics annoyed the heck out of me. And even the decent Nords in that game looked, sounded and felt primitive and unwashed.

Their predecessors in ESO aren't exactly unwashed (that adjective more describes the ESO Bosmer), but most of them seem to be intellectually challenged, so it's an easy choice.

EDIT: Typos.
    Edited by Ye_Olde_Crowe on April 29, 2019 12:26PM
    PC EU.

=primarily PvH (Player vs. House)=
  • Sjestenka
    Sjestenka
    ✭✭✭
    Dunmer
    Dunmer. I like how they look but their culture i find repulsive. So-called civilized mer live in insect shells or mushrooms, while tribals dwell in huts and dress in hides. They worship daedra as ansestors. Bleh. And everyone's obsessed with slavery, regardless of how it might be presented in ESO.
    Although i must say i play TES3 quite often and Vvardenfell is one of my favourite locations in ESO, to the point that i feel home there.
  • Bobby_V_Rockit
    Bobby_V_Rockit
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Bosmer
    Disgusting little vermin, hate their looks, their culture, their voices. Everything. Horrid creatures
  • bmnoble
    bmnoble
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Khajiit
    Just not a cat person. No other reason.

I always tend to play a Nord as my main, mostly a habit from when I have played the other Elder Scrolls games. Just wish they would let Nord's have black hair.

I have alts with just about every other race, aside from Khajiit which don't interest me and Bretons which are just more humans didn't really see any reason to choose them over Imperial.
  • Wing
    Wing
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Dunmer
    wow overall the mer races seem very disliked, but im surprised argonain is in the lead, people don't like lizards it seems.
    also a little surprised khajiit is as high as it is considering the fact that it always wins the favorite race, I guess that means there very polarizing.
    ESO player since beta.
    full time subscriber.
    PC NA
    ( ^_^ )

You shall be as gods You shall be as gods You shall be as gods You shall be as gods You shall be as gods You shall be as gods You shall be as gods You shall be as gods You shall be as gods You shall be as gods You shall be as gods You shall be as gods You shall be as gods You shall be as gods You shall be as gods You shall be as gods You shall be as gods You shall be as gods You shall be as gods You shall be as gods You shall be as gods You shall be as gods You shall be as gods You shall be as gods You shall be as gods -Xenogears
    DK one trick
  • HonestGabe
    HonestGabe
    ✭✭✭
    Altmer
    I dont like prissy high elves.
    Altaholic
    PC/NA
  • Kuramas9tails
    Kuramas9tails
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Bosmer
    Stupid little cannibals. They are not cute, they are gremlins.
    Edited by Kuramas9tails on April 29, 2019 12:42PM
      Your friendly neighborhood crazy cat lady of ESO
      New PSN name: SundariTheLast. Proud seller in RedEye Empire, PURPLE GANG and Backalley Trading.
      AD High Elf Mageblade DPS (General)(Former Empress) -- Stormproof/VMOL, VHOF, VDSA completion
      AD Khajiit Mageblade DPS -- Flawless Conquerer
      FOR THE QUEEN!
      PS4/NA
    • WildRaptorX
      WildRaptorX
      ✭✭✭✭✭
      Altmer
      Shields
    • Aliyavana
      Aliyavana
      ✭✭✭✭✭
      ✭✭✭✭✭
      Argonian
      Stupid little cannibals. They are not cute, they are gremlins.

We will eat you and your opinion
    • TheBonesXXX
      TheBonesXXX
      ✭✭✭✭✭
      Altmer
      Altmer. Only race I don't care for, probably because their females are tall af and twiggy.
    • Aztrias
      Aztrias
      ✭✭✭✭✭
      Bosmer
      Lord-Otto wrote: »

Orcs, OrsiMER, are elves... Never noticed the pointy ears?
      (-_-)

Orcs are elves with high testosterone levels B)
      Welcome Moon-and-Star to this place where destiny is made

https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/498360/r-i-p-pc-eu/p1
      Nerevar forget!
    • Yuffie91
      Yuffie91
      ✭✭✭✭✭
      Bosmer
      Idk dont like the accent and hippie vibe they give off
    • Imperial_Voice
      Imperial_Voice
      ✭✭✭✭✭
      Redguard
      Because Sai Sahan has a better beard than any of us will ever have
    • Nemesis7884
      Nemesis7884
      ✭✭✭✭✭
      ✭✭✭✭✭
      Altmer
      argonians have kinda grown on me lately
    • Vapirko
      Vapirko
      ✭✭✭✭✭
      ✭✭✭✭✭
      Khajiit
      Idk, just have zero desire to play one. I’m not big into the tail/beast thing in the first place but I enjoyed playing an arogonian for a while until the became kind of useless. But a Khajit? Nope.