Maintenance for the week of September 16:
• [COMPLETE] PC/Mac: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – September 16, 4:00AM EDT (8:00 UTC) – 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)
• Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – September 18, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – September 18, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
Update 44 is now available for testing on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/categories/pts

what is your LEAST favorite race, and why?

• Ertosi
    Ertosi
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Moarmer
    Because they're awesome but still aren't a playable race.
    PC NA @Ertosi
    ♠♦ My Team ♥♣
    GoanJabsplar [Grand Master Crafter, Master Angler, Tamriel Hero, Explorer]
    DruStamplar
    TicklesHealplar
    DixieMagplar
    FigsStamblade Sneakthief [Master Thief]
    Sir PriceStamblade Bow Ganker [Daedric Lord Slayer]
    MayaStamblade Speedster
    AhmedMagblade Bomber
    BalzarStamSorc Blitzer
    WinniePetSorc Thunder Mage
    TanksStamDK Tank
    MonaMagDK Fire Mage
    DawnHPDK
    BearlyStamden Tank
    IvanaMagden Ice Mage

CP 950+
    ♌ DC Loyalist ♌
    ✄ Grand Master Crafter
    No new crafting or game systems for 2019? "Season of the Dragon" would be better named "The Year of no New Major Features"
    https://i.imgur.com/TPscgS9.jpg to see major features of the last few years compared.
    https://i.imgur.com/X8qY0gP.jpg to see a detailed comparison of this year's Q1 to the last two Q1s.
    https://i.imgur.com/4z71cK8.jpg to see a detailed comparison of each years' first two quarters combined.
    https://i.imgur.com/jrHe5h8.jpg to see a projected comparison of the full years and what 2019's Q4 will need to catch up.
    Unsubbed January 15th, 2019 due to the lack of any new substantial features shown to be coming in 2019.
  • Kuramas9tails
    Kuramas9tails
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Bosmer
    Aliyavana wrote: »
    Stupid little cannibals. They are not cute, they are gremlins.

We will eat you and your opinion
    ^ Case in point.

Creepy little gremlins.
      Your friendly neighborhood crazy cat lady of ESO
      New PSN name: SundariTheLast. Proud seller in RedEye Empire, PURPLE GANG and Backalley Trading.
      AD High Elf Mageblade DPS (General)(Former Empress) -- Stormproof/VMOL, VHOF, VDSA completion
      AD Khajiit Mageblade DPS -- Flawless Conquerer
      FOR THE QUEEN!
      PS4/NA
    • DenMoria
      DenMoria
      ✭✭✭✭✭
      Anything Human or demi-human.

Human's are awful.
    • Enemy-of-Coldharbour
      Enemy-of-Coldharbour
      ✭✭✭✭✭
      ✭✭✭✭✭
      Argonian
      It's not that I'm a racist or anything. I find all the races beautiful in their own way. o:)
      But, it's the Argonian voices that get on my nerves rather quickly (sorry). :s

Silivren (Silly) Thalionwen | Altmer Templar | Magicka | 9-Trait Master Crafter/Jeweler | Master Angler | PVE Main - Killed by U35
      Jahsul at-Sahan | Redguard Sorcerer | Stamina | Werewolf - Free Bites | PVP Main
      Derrok Gunnolf | Redguard Dragonknight | Stamina | Werewolf - Free Bites
      Liliana Littleleaf | 9-Trait Grand Master Crafter/Jeweler (non-combat)
      Amber Emberheart | Breton Dragonknight | Stamina | Master Angler
      Vlos Anon | Dunmer Nightblade | Magicka | Vampire - Free Bites
      Kalina Valos | Dunmer Warden | Magicka | Vampire - Free Bites
      Swiftpaws-Moonshadow | Khajiit Nightblade | Stamina
      Morgul Vardar | Altmer Necromancer | Magicka
      Tithin Geil | Altmer Sorceress | Magicka
      Dhryk | Imperial Dragonknight | Stamina

Guild Master - ESO Traders Union
      PC/NA - CP 2320+
    • max_only
      max_only
      ✭✭✭✭✭
      ✭✭✭✭✭
      Argonian
      I never wrote why I chose Argonian. I don’t like their npc voices, sounds like people who were heavy smokers and had to get their voicebox or whatever removed. Also their breasts are creepy. Also a lot of them have “dead” expressionless faces. Some individuals are more expressive and I like them. The Hist is very cool though. The whole idea of the Hist brings out the X-Files fan in me. I can’t explain it. I’m fascinated and disgusted at the same time.

Next worst on my list is Dunmer. Slavers and cultists. Betrayers and supremacists. The worst people I’ve met in Tamriel and I used to feel sorry for them when I saw their squalid conditions in Skyrim. Now that I’ve seen the past games, I’m not sorry for any of them.

Then Khajiit/Altmer/Nord are equal on my list. Some good, some bad, not interested in playing them.

Breton/Redguard are basically the same to me, boring humans not good or bad. Safe choice.

Imperials are my second favorite. Former slaves with a collective Napoleon complex lol. They are so complex and can be anything.

And of course Bosmer are my most favorite TES race ever. Even when they aren’t as gorgeous as they are in this game. I like Hircine and Clavicus Vile so it fits. Transformation, trickery, savage vs civilized, and they have a connection that is almost Hist-like to a sentient entity that is amoral aka Ooze/Yfrre/the Story. Good stuff.
      #FiteForYourRite Bosmer = Stealth
      #OppositeResourceSiphoningAttacks
      || CP 1000+ || PC/NA || GUILDS: LWH; IA; CH; XA
      ""All gods' creatures (you lot) are equal when covered in A1 sauce"" -- Old Bosmeri Wisdom
    • Seminolegirl1992
      Seminolegirl1992
      ✭✭✭✭✭
      Orc
      Orcs are hideous.
      @Seminolegirl1992 PC/NA CP 2400+ PVE, PVP, RP, Housing: Tel Galen, Fair Winds, Moon Sugar, Grand Psijic, Forsaken, HOTLC, Bastion, Ravenhurst, Gardner, Alinor, Hakkvild's, Gorinir, Kragenhome, Hundings, & more- feel free to come see!
      Former Empress | Swashbuckler Supreme | Godslayer | Gryphon Heart | Immortal Redeemer | Tick Tock Tormentor | Dro-m'athra Destroyer | Dawnbringer
    • Saucy_Jack
      Saucy_Jack
      ✭✭✭✭✭
      ✭✭✭✭✭
      Mine's during the Jester festival when you have to beat the clock to light all those beacons in Alik'r.
      ALL HAIL SNUGGLORR THE MAGNIFICENT, KING OF THE RNG AND NIRN'S ONE TRUE GOD! Also, become a Scrub-scriber! SJ Scrubs: Playing games badly to make you feel better about yourself.
    • Mettaricana
      Mettaricana
      ✭✭✭✭✭
      ✭✭✭
      Orcs, because there's no way to make a good looking orc.

Screenshot_20190410_232823.png

I beg to differ

The differ still begs
    • Runefang
      Runefang
      ✭✭✭✭✭
      ✭✭
      Imperial
      I paid to win, but I lost.
    • Rygonix
      Rygonix
      ✭✭✭✭✭
      Khajiit
      It's not necessarily Khajiit themselves I dislike but the class that they are most closely associated with.
      Ceres Des Mortem-Dark Elf Templar, EP
      PC-NA
    • DenMoria
      DenMoria
      ✭✭✭✭✭
      Aliyavana wrote: »
      Stupid little cannibals. They are not cute, they are gremlins.

We will eat you and your opinion
      ^ Case in point.

Creepy little gremlins.

But CUTE! So very, very CUTE!
    • DenMoria
      DenMoria
      ✭✭✭✭✭
      It's not that I'm a racist or anything. I find all the races beautiful in their own way. o:)
      But, it's the Argonian voices that get on my nerves rather quickly (sorry). :s

I'm opening a store in Blackmarsh. We'll specialize in lozenges.
    • Wolfchild07
      Wolfchild07
      ✭✭✭✭✭
      The animal races: Argonians, Khajiiti, and Orcs.
    • Mudcrabber
      Mudcrabber
      ✭✭✭✭
      Argonian
      Love the characters, but always hated the passives. It's practically canon that Argonians may only be good for boots and swimming and nothing else.
    • Banana
      Banana
      ✭✭✭✭✭
      ✭✭✭✭✭
      Argonian
      Hideous and have rooted several of my air conditioners
    • Anti_Virus
      Anti_Virus
      ✭✭✭✭✭
      Argonian
      Plus khajiit, and bosmers,
      Furries and lolicons is what I see when some ppl play them
      Plus the names ppl give these toons are ridiculous
      Power Wealth And Influence.
    • Tigerseye
      Tigerseye
      ✭✭✭✭✭
      ✭✭✭
      Dunmer
      Any race that keeps slaves.
    • Sheezabeast
      Sheezabeast
      ✭✭✭✭✭
      ✭✭✭✭✭
      Imperial
      I have never ever ever been able to make an Imperial that I've kept. I always spend a good hour or so making one, only to find them completely ugly and underwhelming when I play them, and delete them out of boredom. They always look bored, or have a far-away look. Really bland to me.
      Grand Master Crafter, Beta baby who grew with the game. PC/NA. @Sheezabeast if you have crafting needs!
    • universal_wrath
      universal_wrath
      ✭✭✭✭✭
      Argonian
      Argonians are ulgy lizard people.
    • Tigerseye
      Tigerseye
      ✭✭✭✭✭
      ✭✭✭
      Dunmer
      AlienSlof wrote: »
      Bosmer.

Annoying, cringeworthy accents on the NPCs, annoying quests, ugly appearance, disgusting lore.

Plus, they are overhyped on the forums due to their "cuteness" etc, which I think is nothing but cringy because a lot of pictures posted around here show female bosmer with pigtails and childish faces, and they mostly look like young, little girls. Therefor, this whole"bosmers are smol, cute and waifu-material"-hype gives me creeps everytime I read it because of the Lolita/Pedo-vibes I associate with that.

Don't you think that is a bit offensive to most Bosmer players?

Most are not going to be like that.

My Bosmer doesn't look like a little girl, at all.

She's quite tall (for a Wood Elf), doesn't have pigtails and basically just looks like a slightly shorter adult of a larger race (like a small Altmer).

They, obviously, have very weird lore, but that doesn't mean they all think that way and at least it is based on them being less civilised, rather than evil, per se.

The Bosmer Hireling breaks away from that lore, on his travels and becomes far more balanced and independent minded, for example.

As opposed to the, supposedly, more "advanced", but knowingly exploitative, slaver races; who are far better educated and so, really, have no excuse for behaving like that.

Even then, I assume there would be individuals who didn't think like that, in any society - so, I tend to hesitate to say I dislike any race, in general, even in a game.

Edited by Tigerseye on April 30, 2019 2:53AM
    • Dracane
      Dracane
      ✭✭✭✭✭
      ✭✭✭✭✭
      Dunmer
      From the tamrielic races, Dunmer. Arrogant and proud acting, even though they have nothing to be proud of. They are impure and corrupted.

But my most hated race by far, are the Maormer, Sea Elves !
      Cunning, despicable rats and arch enemies ever since.
      Auri-El is my lord,
      Trinimac is my shield,
      Magnus is my mind.

My debut album on YouTube: https://www.youtube.com/@Gleandra/videos
    • Tigerseye
      Tigerseye
      ✭✭✭✭✭
      ✭✭✭
      Dunmer
      This thread is racist.

It's worse than that, actually, as some people seem to be assuming that every Bosmer player is into children and every Khajiit player is a furry.

So, it's highly prejudiced against huge swathes of the playerbase, let alone some fake races in a game.

Of course, they could just be trolling...
      Edited by Tigerseye on April 30, 2019 3:12AM
    • Tigerseye
      Tigerseye
      ✭✭✭✭✭
      ✭✭✭
      Dunmer
      Cheezits94 wrote: »
      Bosmer!
      I dislike their lore and the NPC voices so much.
      Plus, they are overhyped on the forums due to their "cuteness" etc, which I think is nothing but cringy because a lot of pictures posted around here show female bosmer with pigtails and childish faces, and they mostly look like young, little girls. Therefor, this whole"bosmers are smol, cute and waifu-material"-hype gives me creeps everytime I read it because of the Lolita/Pedo-wibes I associate with that.

This as well. Bosmer characters with breast-sliders to maximum combined with girly faces and the pigtail hairstyle are horrible. I can't do anything against it, and I am really, really sorry about this, but if I see it, I always picture the player behind it as a single, elderly man who also finds enjoyment of the unhealthy sort in TV shows such as "Toddlers & Tiaras" and "Here comes Honey Boo Boo" :D

Why would they have "breast sliders to maximum" if they liked children?

Children don't have breasts, let alone large breasts.

If they make a min height, straight up and down Bosmer, with a proportionately large waist and no breasts, then maybe...

What you're trying to say is that you imagine they like young (teen) girls, not tiny children.

But, even that is a huge assumption.

You might have a point about the choice of pigtails, but that is about it.
      Edited by Tigerseye on April 30, 2019 3:24AM
    • russelmmendoza
      russelmmendoza
      ✭✭✭✭✭
      Argonian
      I just hate scaley things, fish, lizards etc.

I will gut it like a fish if I can.
    • Jaraal
      Jaraal
      ✭✭✭✭✭
      ✭✭✭✭✭
      Argonian
      max_only wrote: »
      Bosmer males are the only males without a five o clock shadow which is why most of my characters are Bosmer.

Lol, my Bosmer male has a five o'clock shadow and silver hair, just like all my other wood elf characters in other games. But at least in this game he can wear his pigtails with pride!

RIP Bosmer Nation. 4/4/14 - 2/25/19.
    • TheShadowScout
      TheShadowScout
      ✭✭✭✭✭
      ✭✭✭✭✭
      I... don't think I even have one "least favorite" race. I mean, maybe humans... all of the boring humans... because I am a little bit of a xenophiliac and like races that are not human. Or maybe Khajiit, but that is mostly because of cat puns and a cavalier attitude towards crime...
      But in the end, I don't really dislike ANY of the player races.

Wanna see me a race I dislike? Show me one where I go "Nope, I'd never make a character for those" like the sea-sloads from summerset...
    • Glass
      Glass
      ✭✭✭
      Orc
      Orcs no doubt, ugly as hell and they are bis for stam dps. I'm still hesitant of changing my redguards for the simple reason of appearance.
    • Zacuel
      Zacuel
      ✭✭✭✭✭
      Racists. All of you.

Shame.
    • Kel
      Kel
      ✭✭✭✭✭
      ✭✭✭✭✭
      Any elf. Elf weak. Orc strong.

Don't orcs count as elves in Elder Scrolls lore? Orsimer...mer being elven.

Edit: Yep, orcs are of elven blood...

https://elderscrolls.fandom.com/wiki/Orsimer

"Orsimer are of Elven blood,but this heritage is either not recognised or is forgotten by many in Tamriel."
      Edited by Kel on April 30, 2019 4:52AM
    • zyk
      zyk
      ✭✭✭✭✭
      ✭✭✭✭✭
      Imperials because I don't like imperialism, corruption or elitism.