Maintenance for the week of September 16:
• [COMPLETE] PC/Mac: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – September 16, 4:00AM EDT (8:00 UTC) – 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)
• Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – September 18, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – September 18, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
Update 44 is now available for testing on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/categories/pts

what is your LEAST favorite race, and why?

• morrowjen
    morrowjen
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Pretty much all of the human races are my least favorite. The main reason is that they are all pretty boring lore wise. They can be chalked up too easily to re-tellings of real-life human folklore and history and not much differentiates them from one another. I think all of them could be done much better but the work hasn't been put in to really build up their worlds, cultures, and history and make them unique.
  • Shievarei
    Shievarei
    ✭✭✭
    Breton
    I wonder why people hate an entire race over the actions of a group or a few individuals.
  • Nazzraeda
    Nazzraeda
    ✭✭
    Imperial
    I never liked Imperials tbh. Bit boring race in my eyes.
  • gepe87
    gepe87
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Argonian
    I just dont like them. Not a single murkmire quest completed.
    Gepe, Dunmer MagSorc Pact Grand Overlord | Gaepe, Bosmer MagSorc Dominion General

If you see edits on my replies: typos. English isn't my main language
  • milesrodneymcneely2_ESO
    milesrodneymcneely2_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Breton
    Any elf. Elf weak. Orc strong.
    Orcs are elves, sooooooo…

Anyway, for me it's always about lore. I LIKE Bretons, but their in-game culture seems to lack a bit of punch. They seem to be the default European Renaissance culture, and the lore really plays up their inherent talent with magicka. But you don't really see that in-game so much.

Another thing I think they need help fleshing out is the ruthless nature of their shifting politics. We get hints of the merchant house machinations from some of the quest text, but I'd love for ZOS to explore this more in a future content expansion.
  • Jaraal
    Jaraal
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Argonian
    Argonians, because I have nightmares about spinal erections in inappropriate places.
    RIP Bosmer Nation. 4/4/14 - 2/25/19.
  • r34lian
    r34lian
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Bosmer
    Cuz they fetish
    Edited by r34lian on April 28, 2019 6:00PM
    2000 CP • 18 Maxed Characters • 6 Altmers • 7 Redguards • Necromancer Orc • Warden Dunmer • DK Nord • DK Imperial • Templar Breton
  • Emma_Overload
    Emma_Overload
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Bosmer
    BOSMER.

Bosmer are the preferred race of cowardly bananablades who try to snipe you from stealth while you're fighting someone else.

Queen Ayrenn should be ashamed to rule over these little #$%&ers!
    #CAREBEARMASTERRACE
  • Aarlur
    Aarlur
    ✭✭✭
    Altmer
    Altmers. [snip] They think they are the superior race who should rule over every other race so they have right take they land. I simply dont understand why anybody like them.

[removed reference to real-world politics]
    Edited by ZOS_Ragnar on February 3, 2021 1:05AM
  • Liccao
    Liccao
    ✭✭
    Argonian
    Argonian ofc so nice finaly have a lizardman race there is not wild bloodthirsty creatures. Or Lizardman will allways be my favorit race type also if I have to kill them
    Like Argonians for being Lizards so Awesome to acturly play as favorite fantacy race in a MMO

Main
    Race: Argonian
    Class: Warden
    Name: Saliandros

• Rake
    Rake
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    all non Dunmers.
  • Kelces
    Kelces
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Altmer
    The decision is still really difficult for me, since I started playing in this series of stories with a High Elf and tried different other races. But it was only because of the passives the Aldmer had in TES3, that I chose mostly that. The looks overall in all the parts weren't really appealing to me, aswell as in ESO.

For now, I go for style than lore when it comes to my race choices in ESO and I really like Argonians and my least favorite one are Aldmer. There is a lot of talk about elves in general, and I agree. Bosmer are disgusting, Dunmer slavers and Aldmer with unsurpassed arrogance. Which do I choose out of them?

Well, I prefer nasty slavers, who are not too arrogant to fail to see the "light" eventually.
    Disgusting cannibals with the same potential? Could be worse.
    Or people, who think they are god and everyone else needs to be removed? Erm, no. :tongue:
    You reveal yourself best in how you play.

Kelces - Argonian Templar
    Farel Donvu - Dark Elf Sorcerer
    Navam Llervu - Dark Elf Dragonknight
    Aniseth - Wood Elf Warden
    Therediel - Wood Elf Templar
    Nilonwy - Wood Elf Nightblade
    Jurupari - Argonian Warden
    Kú-Chulainn - Argonian Sorcerer
    PC - EU
    For the Pact!
  • Jaraal
    Jaraal
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Argonian
    BOSMER.

Bosmer are the preferred race of cowardly bananablades who try to snipe you from stealth while you're fighting someone else.

That's curious, since Bosmer are now tied for least stealthy race in the game. Must be a new trick by Khajiit gankers to hide their tails and wear Bosmer masks to try and deflect attention.
    RIP Bosmer Nation. 4/4/14 - 2/25/19.
  • SydneyGrey
    SydneyGrey
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Nord
    Nord, because I'm completely incapable of making an attractive female Nord. I made an attractive male Nord once, though.
    I basically made it a challenge for myself on the test server to try to make an attractive lady Nord, and still failed miserably.
  • dazee
    dazee
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Argonian
    Lizards becuase theyre lizards. nothing actually against em just would never play one.
    Playing your character the way your character should play is all that matters. Play as well as you can but never betray the character. Doing so would make playing an mmoRPG pointless.
  • Everstorm
    Everstorm
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Argonian
    Also Cricetus cricetus, commonly know as the European Hamster. It's unreliable and prone to sleeping on the job.
    Edited by Everstorm on April 28, 2019 6:41PM
  • max_only
    max_only
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Argonian
    Svenja wrote: »
    Bosmer.

Annoying, cringeworthy accents on the NPCs, annoying quests, ugly appearance, disgusting lore.

Plus, they are overhyped on the forums due to their "cuteness" etc, which I think is nothing but cringy because a lot of pictures posted around here show female bosmer with pigtails and childish faces, and they mostly look like young, little girls. Therefor, this whole"bosmers are smol, cute and waifu-material"-hype gives me creeps everytime I read it because of the Lolita/Pedo-vibes I associate with that.

Damn. Tell us how you really feel. I don’t play female characters but this assumption is way off base from my experience. In my guild the female Bosmer are mostly played by grown women. At least the ones I’ve met on Discord. Bosmer males are the only males without a five o clock shadow which is why most of my characters are Bosmer.

It’d be like if I said every time I see Khajiit or Argonian I thought of the player being into the word got censored “intercourse with animals”. Even if the player is a self professed furry, I don’t jump to negatively judging their character.
    mjharper wrote: »
    Dunmer. Slave-owning supremacists. The fact that anyone thinks that haughty charm in any way makes up for that appals me.

Yes they are my second choice for least favorite. People who glorify Dunmer make me suspicious.

Edited by max_only on May 1, 2019 4:29AM
    #FiteForYourRite Bosmer = Stealth
    #OppositeResourceSiphoningAttacks
    || CP 1000+ || PC/NA || GUILDS: LWH; IA; CH; XA
    ""All gods' creatures (you lot) are equal when covered in A1 sauce"" -- Old Bosmeri Wisdom
  • max_only
    max_only
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Argonian

BOSMER.

False. This is old info. That may have been true once, and I’m sorry you got traumatized by a Bosmer, but it’s no longer the case.
    Edited by max_only on April 28, 2019 6:58PM
    #FiteForYourRite Bosmer = Stealth
    #OppositeResourceSiphoningAttacks
    || CP 1000+ || PC/NA || GUILDS: LWH; IA; CH; XA
    ""All gods' creatures (you lot) are equal when covered in A1 sauce"" -- Old Bosmeri Wisdom
  • Tatanko
    Tatanko
    ✭✭✭✭
    I don't think I can cast a vote for any of the ten. Of course Imperials are my favorite, but I have characters of every race between NA & EU, and I like them all for their own reasons.
    Silvanus the Gilded
    Merchant, Scholar, and Benefactor
    Imperial Templar - PC/NA
    Learn More
  • Bosov
    Bosov
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Argonian
    Argonian is only good as slave or as a pair of Argonian leather boots.
    Xbox One - EU - GT : Bosov
    PC - EU - @Bosov91

ESO Highight :
    https://twitter.com/SlashLurk/status/895068339273310208

• Cerbolt
    Cerbolt
    ✭✭✭✭
    Breton
    I just find them extremely boring.
    AD - For the Queen!
    PSEU: Relaryn - Altmer Vampblade | Kazhran - Khajiit Stamsorc | Khahan-ra - Khajiit Magplar | Ra'ban - Khajiit MagDK | Gaelhwen - Bosmer Stamden

PCEU: Kazhran - Khajiit Stamsorc | Khahan-ra - Khajiit Stamplar | Relaryn - Altmer Vampblade
  • Malcadicta
    Malcadicta
    ✭✭✭
    Nord
    Tough choice between Nords and Bretons. I simply find both of them boring lorewise and I don't like their appearance in game - it's okay but I can't seem to be able to make one that I would like and I trid that couple of times so I gave up on them.
    @Malcadicta - PC EU
    Malamhin - dd magsorc Dunmer (main)
    Maladict Temperance - healer magplar Altmer
    Malifer Viridi - tank magden Bosmer
    Malafas Mastiphal - healer magblade Dunmer
    Malady-Not-Talked-About - healer magden Argonian
    Manutri'Tion - dd stamblade Khajiit
    Malatesta the Fourth - tank magdk Redguard
    Malcadh - healer magcro Altmer

• Pevey
    Pevey
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Nord
    I was going to go with Bosmer for all the reasons everyone has already said. But since that has been said a lot now, I will go with Nord. Because making being drunk a defining characteristic of the race just not cool, zos, not cool.
  • Urvoth
    Urvoth
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Redguard
    Redguards, don't find their lore interesting or their culture/architecture/home terrain appealing. I don't like some of the other races as well, but most of them have at least something cool about them. Redguards are just bland.
  • Gravord
    Gravord
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Bosmer
    Bomser, silly tree elves.
  • Elwendryll
    Elwendryll
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Redguard
    Well hmm, I'm not racist, BUT...

Honestly I don't know but they are indeed my least favorite race. Probably because they have been top #1 stamina DD for so long and people kept telling me that I should play redguard instead of khajiit...

Altmer comes second.
    PC - EU - France - AD
    Main character: Qojikrin - Khajiit Sorcerer Tank/Stamina DD - since March 25, 2015.
    Guildmaster of Oriflamme: Focus on 4 player endgame content.
    Member of Brave Cat Trade, Panda Division and Toadhuggers.

All 4-man trifectas - TTT, IR, GH
  • zaria
    zaria
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Khajiit
    For npc or other player no. Granted you got very annoyed at Bosmer reaching reaper march.
    Dunmer also did not come out as very nice, at least in the AD main quest line first 3 zones objective was to kill the bad Altmer.
    It don't affect players or dlc npc.

For me personally racial selection is a bit limited: I would never play an human in an TES game, leveled an human to level 50 RL.
    Yes was level 20 something playing Daggerfall but same rule :)
    Mostly elves, then Khajiit start to grow on this one during Oblivion and later Skyrim.
    Other options Argonians no they are ugly, pretty funny but not something I would play, Orc's, having the fangs in the upper jaw and yes I probably had one, as its now the lower jaw tusks is an turnoff.
    No Dunmer, hard to make them look good and political issues.
    Grinding just make you go in circles.
    Asking ZoS for nerfs is as stupid as asking for close air support from the death star.
  • morrowjen
    morrowjen
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Urvoth wrote: »
    Redguards, don't find their lore interesting or their culture/architecture/home terrain appealing. I don't like some of the other races as well, but most of them have at least something cool about them. Redguards are just bland.

I lost a lot of respect for the Redguards with the whole "We can't kill the dead even though they're already dead AND trying to wipe out our entire nation" story line. Even having an outcast group do the dirty work whenever zombies show up didn't work for me. There's no race or culture that survives as long as the Redguard have that does so by refusing to defend their lives. When similar things (relying on a small group of outcasts to save the majority who refuse to help themselves) happen in history, we're typically talking about a group that died out rather quickly and dramatically.

Otherwise, I think the Redguards are a group that can be developed really well. ESO just hasn't mined their lore very well, imo.
  • Yuisoku
    Yuisoku
    Breton
    Breton, they are generic and uninteresting. I only played Oblivion and Skyrim. Bretons were quite marginal in those and in ESO i dont play Covenant
  • Aliyavana
    Aliyavana
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Argonian
    Any elf. Elf weak. Orc strong.

Orcs are Elves. OrsiMER.