Maintenance for the week of September 9:
• PC/Mac: No maintenance – September 9

what is your LEAST favorite race, and why?

Wing
Wing
✭✭✭✭✭
✭✭✭✭✭
we have had quite a few favorite race polls, so what's your least favorite.

and remember, why?

-is it mechanics?
-is it lore?
-is it appearance?
-etc.
ESO player since beta.
full time subscriber.
PC NA
( ^_^ )

You shall be as gods You shall be as gods You shall be as gods You shall be as gods You shall be as gods You shall be as gods You shall be as gods You shall be as gods You shall be as gods You shall be as gods You shall be as gods You shall be as gods You shall be as gods You shall be as gods You shall be as gods You shall be as gods You shall be as gods You shall be as gods You shall be as gods You shall be as gods You shall be as gods You shall be as gods You shall be as gods You shall be as gods You shall be as gods -Xenogears
DK one trick

what is your LEAST favorite race, and why? 899 votes

Breton
5%
milesrodneymcneely2_ESOBelegnoleSnowstriderYuisokupriestnall.andrewrwb17_ESOczarjircris11StovahkiinpaulsimonpsNyladreasPuzzlenutsthankyouratCerboltGreasytenguTasearLarry78Rainchaser mahoukittyOlupajmibananMauin 48 votes
Redguard
6%
MurderMostFoulIruil_ESOSkayaqSilafSoupDragonNebthet78Glurinfalcasternub18_ESOAmourKatinasMistyGoodFella146CloudlessLeogonNecrus011jeedrzejRatzkifalEshjaCerilonUrbanMonk 56 votes
Orc
10%
wayfarerxKikazarudave_harter_ESONskDenMuizerblueshadow9eb17_ESOmanny254UntrustedExistenzArwyrstarkerealmSpiderg1rlAhashraMustafaRastalordvalkatronDarkheartVexariusNettleCarrierleeuxQUEZ420Arciris 95 votes
Altmer
14%
SerenityC84shaden133RDMyers65b14_ESOlolo_01b16_ESONemesis7884JD2013BlackersPygmyOwleklhaftb16_ESOdjfriesenjb16_ESOmagnusthorekkari-pekka.hamalaineneb17_ESOShamisa_Enorion_1981usub17_ESOLaerothKeykalynElsonsoJoanOfOrcQuaesiviMasterSpatulabellanca6561n 130 votes
Bosmer
10%
bigelle.x3_ESOmoonsugar66SuddwrathSporvanSvenjaAlienSlofDTStormfoxRecktrithiusOediphitryLoves_guarsSheridanGravordHidesFromSunWoelerRuinhornVDoom1Mathius_MordredAsh_In_My_SujammaEmma_OverloadlihentianRokkar8 90 votes
Khajiit
9%
GilvothMalkivKiashOsteosFaulgorTonnopescezariaJoseDelgadoCub17_ESODelgentAsysBasazHvzedaredspecter23andy_sVevvevAkrasjelheartburnkidLord-OttoZer0_CooLTyrion87 81 votes
Nord
6%
PinesyRedTalonkillingspreeb16_ESORapscallion74mimisapjeSavos_SarencorpsebladehondelinkMashillepandoraderomanusme_mingDynastyIXIIPaazhahdrimaakOuraniaCadburyFerrumnCutemNamarkasMorgul667NarvuntienSydneyGrey 56 votes
Dunmer
7%
Caligamy_ESOWuffyCeruleiDracaneKhenarthithomas1970b16_ESOMagdalinaAektannWingHatchetHaroCloudtradermjharperSjestenkaLykanusSewerFairyBalticBluesOrmtungeAsmodeusDarkjpoCalboyCompletelyToast 68 votes
Argonian
24%
Soleyanavystylz_ESOvailjohn_ESOOthniel327daryl.rasmusenb14_ESOGedericotis67DarcyMardinAlurriaRuinationjonathanb16_ESOwodkamanostrab16_ESOGigasaxAzuryaSaroussefreespiritRazielSRanitajoneb17_ESOmertustaMiguesim 220 votes
Imperial
6%
GalenElara_Northwindmontgomery.luke07b16_ESOAthanasia_Nocnitsahexentb16_ESOks888SheezabeastDurhamJeremyRi_KhanagegartonRottingAlienHowlKimchiUltravylencelaksikusDaimmyoexeeter702menedhynTheHsNRunefang 55 votes
  • bigelle.x3_ESO
    bigelle.x3_ESO
    ✭✭✭
    Bosmer
    Any elf. Elf weak. Orc strong.
  • Verbal_Earthworm
    Verbal_Earthworm
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Altmer
    They smell funny.
  • Iluvrien
    Iluvrien
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Altmer
    Altmer. Every time.

All of the arrogance, none of the effectiveness.

Dunmer are similarly snooty, but there is an understanding that they can, and will, feed you your own nose if you get cheeky. Altmer just prance off with their nose in a sling.
  • Leeched
    Leeched
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Orc
    They are ugly af :lol:
    (DC) Grimsley - MagSorc || Denderan - StamPlar || Phaedon - StamBlade || Oberon - MagPlar || Leontes - StamSorc || Saroush - MagDk || Culan - StamDen || Dullahan - StamDk
    Ruvik - MagBlade || Tivil - MagDen || Juval - MagNecro || Gargrave - StamNecro
    (EP) Vicio - MagBlade || Clavigo - MagPlar || Peritas - MagDen || Fedrak - MagSorc
    (AD) Maledicto - MagBlade || Voriak - StamBlade

PC EU || Currently CP 1500+
    Azura's Star Sotha Sil
    I serve bombs ღ - retired
  • Wing
    Wing
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Dunmer
    Iluvrien wrote: »
    Altmer. Every time.

All of the arrogance, none of the effectiveness.

Dunmer are similarly snooty, but there is an understanding that they can, and will, feed you your own nose if you get cheeky. Altmer just prance off with their nose in a sling.

that's funny I cannot stand dunmer, I didn't really mind them too much and knew that a lot of TES3 fanboys exist. but man after playing the morrowind expansion, I just cannot for the life of me stand them, there will never be a time or game or any kind of mechanic buff that will get me to play that race.

high elves I don't really care for but I understand.
    ESO player since beta.
    full time subscriber.
    PC NA
    ( ^_^ )

You shall be as gods You shall be as gods You shall be as gods You shall be as gods You shall be as gods You shall be as gods You shall be as gods You shall be as gods You shall be as gods You shall be as gods You shall be as gods You shall be as gods You shall be as gods You shall be as gods You shall be as gods You shall be as gods You shall be as gods You shall be as gods You shall be as gods You shall be as gods You shall be as gods You shall be as gods You shall be as gods You shall be as gods You shall be as gods -Xenogears
    DK one trick
  • StormChaser3000
    StormChaser3000
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Bosmer
    I like and have alts of all races except Bosmers. They have annoying appearance, voice and behaviour.
  • Hippie4927
    Hippie4927
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Orc
    Orcs have two strikes against them:

One - They are Covenant
    Two- They are just plain ugly!
    PC/NA/EP ✌️
  • Wing
    Wing
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Dunmer
    I like and have alts of all races except Bosmers. They have annoying appearance, voice and behaviour.

I like how bosmer dialect became cockney (mmmm lower class British for people who don't know its name) they were just like that's their thing now.
    Edited by Wing on April 28, 2019 12:33PM
    ESO player since beta.
    full time subscriber.
    PC NA
    ( ^_^ )

DK one trick
  • DarkerDreams
    DarkerDreams
    ✭✭✭
    Argonian
    Argonians - They have scales
  • Keldheir
    Keldheir
    ✭✭✭✭
    Argonian
    I don't hate them and for the most part I enjoy quests that involve argonians but no other race annoys me as easily as they do. And I could never, ever actually play one myself. The one argonian alt that I have only exists to hoard my furnishings.
    PC EU
  • Elara_Northwind
    Elara_Northwind
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Imperial
    I have nothing really against Imperials that I dislike in particular, they are just the only race that I don't love. I love all of the others :smile:
    Sorcerer, Templar, Wolf Collector, Housing Addict!

GM of Salted Wings Tavern and Salted Wings Housing 🏠🌻

'A House is Built with Boards and Beams, a Home is Built with Love and Dreams'

Youtube - https://www.youtube.com/c/ElaraNorthwind
  • Osteos
    Osteos
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Khajiit
    Not all Khajiit players are weirdos but every weirdo plays a Khajiit.
    DAGGERFALL COVENANT
    NA PC
    Former Vehemence Member
    Onistka Valerius <> Artemis Renault <> Gonk gra-Ugrash <> Karietta <> Zercon at-Rusa <> Genevieve Renault <> Ktaka <> Brenlyn Renault
  • Dragneel1207
    Dragneel1207
    ✭✭✭✭
    Bosmer
    I dont like orcs and bosmers.
    Orcs are ugly with try hard faces
    and bosmers suck cause of voice
    I mean the goblin voice ("blublubkuhh") irritates me so much and bosmers remind me of them
  • BomblePants
    BomblePants
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Bosmer
    Freaky little tree huggers....
  • notyuu
    notyuu
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Khajiit
    It's very simple maths
    Man is an evil creature
    Cats are evil creatures

Khajiits are cat men
    evil + evil = evil²
  • Ri_Khan
    Ri_Khan
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Imperial
    Because they're still charging extra for it.
  • Nimrhys
    Nimrhys
    ✭✭✭
    Breton
    All Human races tbh because why would I want to play my own race? Now at least Redguard have an interesting culture and Imperials are based off Romans, one of my favourite civilisations. Bretons are just... snore.
  • Royaji
    Royaji
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Khajiit
    I would've voted Argonian but talking purses, bags and boots should not be considered a race.
  • AlienSlof
    AlienSlof
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Bosmer
    I really detest Bosmer - small, annoying, I don't like their accents or their lore. Cannibalistic, backwards-way-round, tree-hugging hippies.

I did this one quest where they held a wizard's wife to ransom while he saved their village, then threatened to eat her. If I'd been him, I'd have fireballed them and their stupid village to the ground and left them to burn in Hell. Stupid, annoying Bosmer.

Never liked them in any of the Elder Scrolls games.
    Bionic Crazy Cat Lady
  • Vietfox
    Vietfox
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Nord
    They are sumply dumb.
  • AWinterWolf
    AWinterWolf
    ✭✭✭✭
    Orc
    Orcs, because there's no way to make a good looking orc.
    @AWinterWolf, PC EU.

Main character: Healer, CP 1300+,
    Completed:
    vSS (Ice & Fire HM)
    vMoL Trifecta
    TTT
    vKA HMs
    vBRP
    All Dungeon Trifectas.

Favourite quote:

History is a story written by the victors, who often paint themselves the best of lights.
  • xenowarrior92eb17_ESO
    xenowarrior92eb17_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    I hate all elves.
  • sionIV
    sionIV
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Khajiit
    Every race in Aldmeri Dominion are losers.
    Edited by sionIV on April 28, 2019 1:36PM
  • Vietfox
    Vietfox
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Nord
    sionIV wrote: »
    Every race in Aldmeri Dominion are losers.

Tell me where AD hurt you :)
  • HowlKimchi
    HowlKimchi
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Imperial
    They're kinda generic.
    previously @HaruKamui but I outgrew my weeb phase (probably)

PC/NA - EP - Howl Bragi/Howl Kimchi
  • Svenja
    Svenja
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Bosmer
    Bosmer.

Annoying, cringeworthy accents on the NPCs, annoying quests, ugly appearance, disgusting lore.

Plus, they are overhyped on the forums due to their "cuteness" etc, which I think is nothing but cringy because a lot of pictures posted around here show female bosmer with pigtails and childish faces, and they mostly look like young, little girls. Therefor, this whole"bosmers are smol, cute and waifu-material"-hype gives me creeps everytime I read it because of the Lolita/Pedo-vibes I associate with that.

Edited by Svenja on April 28, 2019 2:38PM
    PC | EU

Svea Rochaud | Templar Healer | AD
    Grand Overlord - Flawless Conqueror - Immortal Redeemer - Tick-Tock-Tormentor - Gryphon Heart - Spirit Slayer
  • Ratzkifal
    Ratzkifal
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Redguard
    Can't make a general statement so I guess I'll break it down.

Bosmer, because their racial passives don't reflect their lore.
    Argonians, because their passives are mathematically lacking the most behind other classes thanks to a misjudgement on ZOS' part.
    Altmer, because their architecture is not nearly as grand as it should have been.
    Redguard, because frankly their lore doesn't sound very interesting to me (opinion might change).
    This Bosmer was tortured to death. There is nothing left to be done.
  • Cillion3117
    Cillion3117
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Argonian
    I'm split between the Khajiit and Argonians. The tails are too distracting for me.
  • ShellaSunshine
    ShellaSunshine
    ✭✭✭
    Imperial
    Imperials because if you already have created a Breton, you will realize they have the exact same character creation choices and voices.

They are basically the stamina version of Bretons with no unique passives that make them unique...
  • MartiniDaniels
    MartiniDaniels
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Nope, I love them all, at least from single-player TES games point of view.
    In case of ESO, I like it when content meets lore/racial characters foundations of previous games. If not, I simply shrug-off it as nonsense.