Update 44 is now available for testing on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/categories/pts
Maintenance for the week of September 16:
· [COMPLETE] Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – September 18, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
· [COMPLETE] PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – September 18, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

what is your LEAST favorite race, and why?

• Nilarynpaw
    Nilarynpaw
    ✭✭✭
    Argonian
    Argonians.
    I never really liked them, but back when I started playing ESO I was like "hey, I'm gonna give them a second chance".
    But...
    They're always up to something, and screwed me over during sooo many quests.
    Sometimes they're rude too, and their voice acting, their accent...their voice, the way they're talking... makes me wanna punch my monitor.
    PC EU: 810+ CP
    "Only the Aldmeri—the High Elves and their noble allies, the Wood Elves and Cat-Men—have the wisdom and restraint to peaceably rule the disparate peoples of Tamriel. [...] Men always follow the destructive path of their defender and apologist, the Missing God whom we shall not name. [...] The world has gone wrong, and we must put it right. March proudly beneath the eagle banner of the Aldmeri Dominion! "
  • RedTalon
    RedTalon
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Nord
    You asked me to pick one and that is the one I play the least in all games
  • RedTalon
    RedTalon
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Nord
    Orcs, because there's no way to make a good looking orc.

Hey my orc looks good in his decaying zombie skin
  • Monte_Cristo
    Monte_Cristo
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Probably have to go with Wood Elf, cause they're the only race I haven't used yet (all 15 slots used up, plus 3 deleted toons). Why would I need to pretend to be short? It's a fantasy game, so I want to be tall and pretty!
  • Jeremy
    Jeremy
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Imperial
    Wing wrote: »
    we have had quite a few favorite race polls, so what's your least favorite.

and remember, why?

-is it mechanics?
    -is it lore?
    -is it appearance?
    -etc.

I'd say Imperial probably, mostly just because I feel it's the least developed of all the races.
    Edited by Jeremy on April 30, 2019 8:13AM
  • Tigerseye
    Tigerseye
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Dunmer
    Ashfen wrote: »
    Personnaly, the only race i don't like is Dunmer.
    I don't like their culture neither their mentality. I must admit i never understood all the hype around them. ^^"

Jamdarius wrote: »
    I come from Poland and I learned more about *** in my primary school days and from my great grandparents than they show now in most highschools in richer countries or at the very least we do not say Polsih extermination camps like our west neighbours and americans do (which is wrong cause they existed in Poland however they were not managed by us ofc except few traitors and rotten apples), so ye I do know quite a bit.

You know, a lot of us have family who lived WWII. And this is not a legitimate reason to throw Godwin point anyhow.

It's not invoking "Godwin's point" (law), because the race in question has been created to use logos and symbolism that are, intentionally, reminiscent of the Nazis.

So, it's a direct comparison; not an analogous one.

I don't dislike the idea of all Altmer, because that is just the culture of the society they live in; not, necessarily, their personal belief.

However, as a culture, they are portrayed as believing they are the master race.

Just like the Nazis.
    Edited by Tigerseye on April 30, 2019 11:57AM
  • ryzen_gamer_gal
    ryzen_gamer_gal
    ✭✭✭✭
    Altmer
    Any elf. Elf weak. Orc strong.

orc were made from elves. didnt you watch the movies. The white wizzard made them.
  • ryzen_gamer_gal
    ryzen_gamer_gal
    ✭✭✭✭
    Altmer
    Altmer are nutso and want to wipe out the entire planet in the name of their fannatical religious beliefs. At least the crazt=y dwarfs ahad the good sense to depart and never return, #somoneelsesproblem.
  • Dark_Lord_Kuro
    Dark_Lord_Kuro
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Redguard
    Redgard
    I foud them borring
    They cant attack zombies even if their life depend of it
    I dont like their lore
    Desert
  • mikemacon
    mikemacon
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Cardassian.
  • rosendoichinoveb17_ESO
    rosendoichinoveb17_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭
    Argonian
    Never trust anything that lays eggs.
  • Gythral
    Gythral
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Hyperpigs, handbags and rugs...

Not that the looks stop me playing at least 1 of everything :neutral:
    (except Healer :wink: )
    Edited by Gythral on April 30, 2019 12:38PM
    “Be as a tower, that, firmly set,
    Shakes not its top for any blast that blows!”
    Dante Alighieri, The Divine Comedy
  • CMDR_Un1k0rn
    CMDR_Un1k0rn
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Khajiit
    Because furries.
    In-game username: Un1korn | Happy member of the PCNA UESP guild (Resident Daggerfall Covenant enjoyer) | Main & basically only character: Crucian Vulpin, Imperial Dragonknight of the Daggerfall Covenant, and Undaunted Bulwark (I tank) | Mountain bike enjoyer and vulpine appreciator | If you know me from PCEU: No | To ZOS: THANK YOU FOR LETTING ME BRING MY HORSE INTO BATTLE!
  • Grentek
    Grentek
    ✭✭✭
    Argonian
    Tigerseye wrote: »
    It's not invoking "Godwin's point" (law), because the race in question has been created to use logos and symbolism that are, intentionally, reminiscent of the Nazis.
    Like what the big white towers? Or the fancy winged helmets?

Or maybe you talk about the Thalmor and their black outfits. Black like...Oh yes, not the Nazis who wore brown.
    Or maybe you talk about the eagle. But, doesn't the Roman Empire used that one? And the Holy Roman Empire? And the Russian one? And the Napoleon one? And Poland? And Egypt? And Serbia? And Albania?

The dominion will not flee,
    We fight for Eternity!
    Hear the singing of our blades,
    Death has come, foes be afraid!
  • DenMoria
    DenMoria
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Grentek wrote: »
    Tigerseye wrote: »
    Like what the big white towers? Or the fancy winged helmets?

Or maybe you talk about the Thalmor and their black outfits. Black like...Oh yes, not the Nazis who wore brown.
    Or maybe you talk about the eagle. But, doesn't the Roman Empire used that one? And the Holy Roman Empire? And the Russian one? And the Napoleon one? And Poland? And Egypt? And Serbia? And Albania?

Don't forget that the USA's symbol is the eagle as well.
  • NinchiTV
    NinchiTV
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Argonian
    Lizards. For years ive been subjected to hordes of players who dont die because of the OP healing. Carried by a race. Now its not so bad but still. F*** em.
  • Valkysas154
    Valkysas154
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    In ESO None
    They all look good

Now SP TES games i always hated the beast races and elfs they looked well horrible
    in every game !

• Grentek
    Grentek
    ✭✭✭
    Argonian
    DenMoria wrote: »
    Technically it's not. :P
    (Even if it's named "eagle" that's not the same species.)
    We fight for Eternity!
  • IlCanis_LupuslI
    IlCanis_LupuslI
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Dunmer
    Osteos wrote: »
    Not all Khajiit players are weirdos but every weirdo plays a Khajiit.

This khajiit has no idea what you are talking about. Oh! A ball of yarn! Gotta go bye bye! :wink:
    Cp 1490
    Xbox-EU-AD
    Khajiit Night blade Healer(BiS for cuteness)-Flawless Conquerer Grand Overlord
    Khajiit Stamsorc Werewolf, Flawless Conquerer (1st attempt ww form during the entire dungeon) main
    Khajiit(Master Race) Templar Healer, Flawless Conquerer
    Khajiit Stam dk, Flawless conquerer, 2nd attempt
    https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCQhCmVHwZioVyTEDberxGtA?view_as=public
    Werewolf Veteran player, Since Wrathstone-DLC "Raid-Wolf", 50k dps with fracture, Pvp Healer.
  • DenMoria
    DenMoria
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Technically it's not. :P
    (Even if it's named "eagle" that's not the same species.)

The Bald Eagle is the national bird of the USA and is an eagle species. It is on our money, a number of versions of the flag, many documents, etc., etc., etc. On that note, the *** Eagle and the Roman Eagle are not the same species either.

While the classic depiction of the Roman eagle is more akin to the American Golden Eagle, and the eagle of classic African cultures is the Harpy Eagle and the German eagle is a Fisher Eagle, it is still an eagle.

While Benjamin Franklin wanted the national bird to be the indigenous species of Turkey, that didn't fly (as, of course turkey's are not very good fliers anyway).

Why, what did you think the American bird was? The cuckoo?
  • Grentek
    Grentek
    ✭✭✭
    Argonian
    Blabla
    The bald eagle (Haliaeetus leucocephalus)
    Eagle is the common name for many large birds of prey of the family Accipitridae
    Bald eagle =/= actual eagle
    We fight for Eternity!
  • mikemacon
    mikemacon
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    In point of fact, the bald eagle as a member of Halieaeetus is in fact an eagle, given that it is a genus of the Accipitridae family.

More specifically, the Haliaeetus are "sea eagles".

"Eagle" does not refer to a species but rather a family, and includes the genus that bald eagles are a member of.

To recap: bald eagle = eagle.

• GiantFruitFly
    GiantFruitFly
    ✭✭✭
    Khajiit
    Blabla
    Eagle is the common name for many large birds of prey of the family Accipitridae

But Haliaeetus is a specific sub-family of Accipitridae.
  • DenMoria
    DenMoria
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Blabla

Are we really arguing over the definition of "Eagle".

They would be very disappointed in us in Philadelphia. :)

That and, apparently, we have WAAAYYYY too much time on our hands.
  • Grentek
    Grentek
    ✭✭✭
    Argonian
    Well, my bad, I was wrong. ^^'

We fight for Eternity!
  • Cundu_Ertur
    Cundu_Ertur
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    I was going to point out that every species of Haliaeetus is called an eagle. One of them, the White-tailed Eagle, is believed to be the source for the coats of arms for Poland and Serbia (albeit with an extra head for the latter), and is also a close cousin to the Bald Eagle. Not every member of Accipitridae is an Eagle (hawks, kites, and some vultures are part of that family), but every member of Haliaeetus is.

BNrhPbc.jpg

Also, I didn't vote; I hate all races equally in the name of tolerance.
    Taking stealth away from the Bosmer is like taking magic away from the Altmer, making Nords allergic to mead, or making Orcs pretty.
  • TigerSeptim
    TigerSeptim
    ✭✭
    Maormer. They aren't in the other games, except for lore fragments, and they just look wrong- no way can a seafaring people be that pale! Or are all of them albinos?

Plus they play only a bit part in the beginning of the Dominion storyline; this one wagers you see no Sea Elves in the final battle with Molag Bal. They want to be partners with Ayrenn, and yet they won't lend a few storm mages to the world-threatening conflict?
  • Waffennacht
    Waffennacht
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Orc
    Lore
    Gamer tag: DasPanzerKat NA Xbox One
    1300+ CP
    Battleground PvP'er

Waffennacht' Builds
  • DarkMasterJMK
    DarkMasterJMK
    ✭✭✭
    Ratzkifal wrote: »
    Can't make a general statement so I guess I'll break it down.

Bosmer, because their racial passives don't reflect their lore.
    Argonians, because their passives are mathematically lacking the most behind other classes thanks to a misjudgement on ZOS' part.
    Altmer, because their architecture is not nearly as grand as it should have been.
    Redguard, because frankly their lore doesn't sound very interesting to me (opinion might change).

A lot of that has to do with the fact that Argonians have a reputation for being one of the least popular (perhaps even the least popular race by far) Elder Scrolls races to the point that many of the devs who worked on the original games don't even like them. That's also why Argonians consistently have far fewer customization options compared to other races in the BGS-developed titles and tend to have fewer NPCs than other playable races. The studio doesn't care much for the beast races and seems to consider it a waste of resources to spend much development time on them.
    Liccao wrote: »
    Argonian ofc so nice finaly have a lizardman race there is not wild bloodthirsty creatures. Or Lizardman will allways be my favorit race type also if I have to kill them

I'm not sure you read the title of the poll correctly. This is a poll about which race you like the least.
  • Irfind
    Irfind
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Orc
    They run to fast ..... gap closer .... gap closer .... argl stop running
    PC EU no CP PVP
    EP Irfind - Stam NB Dunmer
    EP Iswind - Mag Warden Dunmer
    EP Ko'runa Silberklaue - Mag Temp Khajiit
    EP Eldrid Hagal - Mag DK Dunmer
    EP Feyne R'is - Stam Sorc Dunmer ...with Bow
    EP Wynn Loraethaine - Mag NB Dunmer