Maintenance for the week of September 16:
• [COMPLETE] PC/Mac: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – September 16, 4:00AM EDT (8:00 UTC) – 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)
• Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – September 18, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – September 18, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

what is your LEAST favorite race, and why?

• zaria
    zaria
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Khajiit
    morrowjen wrote: »
    Urvoth wrote: »
    Redguards, don't find their lore interesting or their culture/architecture/home terrain appealing. I don't like some of the other races as well, but most of them have at least something cool about them. Redguards are just bland.

I lost a lot of respect for the Redguards with the whole "We can't kill the dead even though they're already dead AND trying to wipe out our entire nation" story line. Even having an outcast group do the dirty work whenever zombies show up didn't work for me. There's no race or culture that survives as long as the Redguard have that does so by refusing to defend their lives. When similar things (relying on a small group of outcasts to save the majority who refuse to help themselves) happen in history, we're typically talking about a group that died out rather quickly and dramatically.

Otherwise, I think the Redguards are a group that can be developed really well. ESO just hasn't mined their lore very well, imo.
    Or the outcasts become the new nobility and set the policy from that point.
    More commonly the minority become nobility was invaders with superior technology or organization who took over an area.
    Grinding just make you go in circles.
    Asking ZoS for nerfs is as stupid as asking for close air support from the death star.
  • Jamdarius
    Jamdarius
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Orc
    Grentek wrote: »
    Jamdarius wrote: »
    3. Altmers - Talmor... And also kinda reminds me of nazists. Enough said.
    Grentek wrote: »
    Have you ever seen an Altmer? Or read anything about the nazis?

9. Nords - They fight, they drink, they fight again - my kind of people however they will forever be 2nd place in my heart. Best mankind race in Tamriel in my eyes.
    They invaded Morrowind, get them up in your list please.

I come from Poland and I learned more about *** in my primary school days and from my great grandparents than they show now in most highschools in richer countries or at the very least we do not say Polsih extermination camps like our west neighbours and americans do (which is wrong cause they existed in Poland however they were not managed by us ofc except few traitors and rotten apples), so ye I do know quite a bit.

Like them, Altmers went after supremacy through war with the Imperium, they made allies with races they find inferior (bosmers and Khajiits) and are using them for their own needs. They do not mind commiting genocide which we have seen even in ESO.

As for the Nords, I like them for their fortitude, stubbornes and love for good ale and mead :) They also got interesting lore, although not as much as Dunmer, besides, you can disagree with my opinion all right but do not tell me to change which race of Tamriel I should like more or less... it is my list after all not yours.
  • RebornV3x
    RebornV3x
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Argonian
    Argonians there nasty lizard people they live in swamps what more is there to say
    Xbox One - NA GT: RebornV3x
    I also play on PC from time to time but I just wanna be left alone on there so sorry.
  • Craziux
    Craziux
    ✭✭✭
    Altmer
    High elves are so full of themselves! xD Nobody is perfect, but some high elves think they are.

I picked this, but wanted to change my choice to none, since I think everyone should be accepted. Even if you don't like someone or if they make mistakes doesn't mean that they can't improve or show you that you were wrong.
    [Outfits] Hide More Armor Slots?
    Cast your vote and make it happen!

,<* 1200+ CP EU/PC *>,
    ,<* Explorer of Tamriel since Beta *>,
    Hours spent in-game: 7500+ #NoLife
    AD:
    Valp - Sorc DD
    Valp Stud - DK Tank
    Bad Argonian - Temp Heal

DC:
    Shu-Chi - PvP Warden

EP:
    Craziux - PvP NB
  • Panzanella
    Breton
    Breton or Imperial. They just seem boring to me.
  • Ashfen
    Ashfen
    ✭✭✭✭
    Dunmer
    Personnaly, the only race i don't like is Dunmer.
    I don't like their culture neither their mentality. I must admit i never understood all the hype around them. ^^"

I come from Poland and I learned more about *** in my primary school days and from my great grandparents than they show now in most highschools in richer countries or at the very least we do not say Polsih extermination camps like our west neighbours and americans do (which is wrong cause they existed in Poland however they were not managed by us ofc except few traitors and rotten apples), so ye I do know quite a bit.

You know, a lot of us have family who lived WWII. And this is not a legitimate reason to throw Godwin point anyhow.

• StormeReigns
    StormeReigns
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Khajiit
    RebornV3x wrote: »
    Argonians there nasty lizard people they live in swamps what more is there to say
    Don't know why i giggled, but I did. Had to vote soon as I saw this, got me thinking. At least with a swamp, you know it's bad. Khajiit on the other hand...

Khajiit are nasty cat people who use all open overland zones as their litter box. Are you sure that is a rock you just stepped on? Are you sure that Bask from them plants really bask and not hairballs?
    Edited by StormeReigns on April 28, 2019 9:13PM
  • MjolnirVilkas
    MjolnirVilkas
    ✭✭✭✭
    Altmer
    Chose Altmer but it's a tie between them and Bosmer. It's basicly just a lore thing with me. I can't stand the overly racist Altmer and smug silly Bosmer at all. In fact I had no problem with Bosmer before I started playing ESO, even had one Bosmer character in Skyrim (even if I mainly played Nords), but they anoy the hell out of me since ESO. Can't put my finger on it.
    Sick liaisons raised this monumental mark
    The sun sets forever over Blackwater Park
  • Ectheliontnacil
    Ectheliontnacil
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Altmer
    I voted Altmer by accident. They're actually my favourite race.

Least favourite ones judging by appearance are Argonians ofc.
    Then also Redguards because I think their bonuses have always been completely disproportionate in comparison to other racials. In need of a heavy nerf imo. At least Argonian was nerfed.
  • Lumenn
    Lumenn
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Orc
    Definitely orc. I can handle the pug, wrinkle squished face, but the tusks......
  • raaphor
    raaphor
    ✭✭✭
    Argonian
    I voted based on appearance and accent.
    EU/PC - 9 max level characters (DC)
    NA/PC - 2 characters (AD)
  • morrowjen
    morrowjen
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    zaria wrote: »
    morrowjen wrote: »
    Urvoth wrote: »
    Redguards, don't find their lore interesting or their culture/architecture/home terrain appealing. I don't like some of the other races as well, but most of them have at least something cool about them. Redguards are just bland.

I lost a lot of respect for the Redguards with the whole "We can't kill the dead even though they're already dead AND trying to wipe out our entire nation" story line. Even having an outcast group do the dirty work whenever zombies show up didn't work for me. There's no race or culture that survives as long as the Redguard have that does so by refusing to defend their lives. When similar things (relying on a small group of outcasts to save the majority who refuse to help themselves) happen in history, we're typically talking about a group that died out rather quickly and dramatically.

Otherwise, I think the Redguards are a group that can be developed really well. ESO just hasn't mined their lore very well, imo.
    Or the outcasts become the new nobility and set the policy from that point.
    More commonly the minority become nobility was invaders with superior technology or organization who took over an area.

Exactly.

• phermitgb
    phermitgb
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Altmer
    I'm a little torn between orc and altmer as my least favorite, but because I only get to choose one, I picked altmer. Truth is, though - I tend to like all the races - I find altmer to be the MOST stereotyped race and least distinctive race throughout all my elder scrolls games, so I've just generally disliked them as being least interesting, although in various games they do get portrayed as world class jackasses.

Orcs are my 2nd least favorite, only because they seem to have the least likeable visual options of the other races. But I love the orc culture and their general presence in the ESO lore - I just can't make one that doesn't look like nothing more than a green pig-wo/man - meaning, I wish, if they were going to be "kinda" monstrous, that they actually committed and looked genuinely monstrous, instead of half-assing it.
    "There is no correct resolution; It's a test of character."
    James T. Kirk
  • Olibeau
    Olibeau
    ✭✭✭
    Altmer
    Altmers are weird and gangly and have skinny hips and they must be stopped. Breton is the superior master race.
    Twitch.tv/Olibeau - YouTube.com/Olibeau
    QuakeCon 2022 ESO Speedrun Champion | QuakeCon 2021 ESO Speedrun Champion | World's Sweatiest PvE'er

Olibeau | Breton | Magicka Dragonknight | EU 1st Dawnbringer | EU 1st Magicka Godslayer | 52,710+ Achievement Points (100% Completion) | 3600cp | 4x Grand Overlord
    <Pathfinders> | <Late Night Dungeoneers>
  • generalmyrick
    generalmyrick
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Imperial
    Their racial passive is such a tease! I wish it was 5% or higher.

also,

i paid to use their damn race, it should be stronger.

I've built 2 and deleted both...they suck!
    "The red pill and its opposite, the blue pill, are a popular cultural meme, a metaphor representing the choice between:

Knowledge, freedom, uncertainty and the brutal truths of reality (red pill)
    Security, happiness, beauty, and the blissful ignorance of illusion (blue pill)"

Insight to Agree to Awesome Ratio = 1:6.04:2.76 as of 1/25/2019

Compared to people that I've ignored = I am 18% more insightful, 20% less agreeable, and 88% more awesome.
  • coop500
    coop500
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Dunmer
    Mostly I dislike the race because of the RPers of this race, actually. I've received hate whispers from Dunmer RPers to my argonian just for existing in towns.
    Wishing for Lilmothiit race still! Or maybe Lilmothiit companion?
  • coop500
    coop500
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Dunmer
    Ashfen wrote: »
    Personnaly, the only race i don't like is Dunmer.
    I don't like their culture neither their mentality. I must admit i never understood all the hype around them. ^^"

You know, a lot of us have family who lived WWII. And this is not a legitimate reason to throw Godwin point anyhow.

Agreed, people are obsessed with Dunmer and it's kinda making me question the mentality of the TES community.
    Wishing for Lilmothiit race still! Or maybe Lilmothiit companion?
  • p_tsakirisb16_ESO
    p_tsakirisb16_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Wing wrote: »
    we have had quite a few favorite race polls, so what's your least favorite.

and remember, why?

-is it mechanics?
    -is it lore?
    -is it appearance?
    -etc.

Want option "All except Khajiit" please. :D
  • Sylvermynx
    Sylvermynx
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Argonian
    and Orc. Never could get into either of them. Just don't attract me to want to play them.
  • Iskiab
    Iskiab
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Dunmer
    Omg, the people who don’t like khajit are nuts, they’re easily the best looking race.

I first started on an altmer because of stat bonus’. Things change and stuff is revamped, but khajit being awesome doesn’t. All my toons are going to be khajit from now on.
    Looking for any guildies I used to play with:
    Havoc Warhammer - Alair
    LoC EQ2 - Mayi and Iskiab
    PRX and Tabula Rasa - Rift - Iskiab
    Or anyone else I used to play games with in guilds I’ve forgotten
  • Aliyavana
    Aliyavana
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Argonian
    the top score of this poll gives me hope that most people are cultured and are probably not n'wahs
    Edited by Aliyavana on April 28, 2019 10:45PM
  • leeux
    leeux
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Orc
    It's a tie between Argonian, Orc and Nord for me...

Argonian because I don't like lizards, Nords because they're just bland and boring Vikings (in-games other than Morrowind, at least) and Orcs because historically they're the arch-nemesis of Bretons, which are my fav race.

Still I do have an Argonian and an Orc myself, still underdeveloped, probably forever at this point since they're the wrong classes and alliances too, but they're there and I just can't stand to delete them :cry:
    PC/NA - Proud old member of the Antique Ordinatus Populus

My chars
    Liana Amnell (AD mSorc L50+, ex EP) =x= Lehnnan Klennett (AD mTemplar L50+ Healer/Support ) =x= Ethim Amnell (AD mDK L50+, ex DC)
    Leinwyn Valaene (AD mSorc L50+) =x= Levus Artorias (AD mDK-for-now L50+) =x= Madril Ulessen (AD mNB L50+) =x= Lyra Amnis (AD not-Stamplar-yet L50+)
    I only PvP on AD chars

~~ «And blossoms anew beneath tomorrow's sun >>»
    ~~ «I am forever swimming around, amidst this ocean world we call home... >>»
    ~~ "Let strength be granted so the world might be mended... so the world might be mended."
    ~~ "Slash the silver chain that binds thee to life"
    ~~ Our cries will shrill, the air will moan and crash into the dawn. >>
    ~~ The sands of time were eroded by the river of constant change >>
  • wishlist14
    wishlist14
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I don't like the redguards. I have 2 of them mainly because of stats, resources. I can never make them look the way I want them to look. Their mouth or lips always stick out like a chimp and I dislike that look. They have amazing skin and eyes but don't like the weird duck pout...
  • ynimma
    ynimma
    ✭✭✭✭
    Altmer
    The Altmer is the reason I started doing the quest for the Blade of Woe (which is no way my playstyle anyway) - once I have it I'll cut all those arrogant whatnots once by one, again and again.
    (Seriously, I love Summerset and also how brilliantly the whole story and the characters have been crafted with all the symbols and "underwater" context reflecting to a lot of recent issues with attitudes and ways of life, it's an artistic masterpiece.)
  • OsManiaC
    OsManiaC
    ✭✭✭✭
    Khajiit
    Khajiit. their meat is too salty
    GM of The Argonian Kebab, The Argonian Steak & The Argonian BBQ - PC - EU (The Tamriel Kitchen) @OsManiaC

Don't worry, the tail grows back!
    if it breathes we eats. #justbosmerthings - we can detect stealth boy NPCs and hunt them thanks to our skill!

https://steamcommunity.com/id/osmaniac
  • jainiadral
    jainiadral
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Dunmer
    Dunmer. There are exceptions, but throughout the game I've been amazed at how arrogant, reckless, immoral, and just generally awful they've been to their allies, their servants, each other... That horrible, jealous merchant in Riften being the latest example.
  • Paazhahdrimaak
    Paazhahdrimaak
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Nord
    Bigots and drunks. Decimated the Snow Elves. Proud of their ignorance.
    Lets hope skyrim sinks into the sea and they get washed away.
    Edited by Paazhahdrimaak on April 28, 2019 11:17PM
  • Ashfen
    Ashfen
    ✭✭✭✭
    Dunmer
    coop500 wrote: »

Agreed, people are obsessed with Dunmer and it's kinda making me question the mentality of the TES community.

I understand what you feel. x)
  • Sylvermynx
    Sylvermynx
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Argonian
    I like my Dunmer. I don't play them as "buying into" the commonality of the race in the game.... Actually, I play all my toons as "not like everyone else (NPCs) of the same race".
  • magismiss
    magismiss
    Orc
    Orc, Argonians n khajiits: I like on others ppl, some chars are really nice but I struggle identifying myself with non human chars, n I really dislike the appearance of orc (I tried several times to create a beautiful orc)