The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/

Solo dungeon mode, please

• Tommy_The_Gun
    Tommy_The_Gun
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ZOS is going to add this sooner or later...
    Because if all the solo players out there will keep buying DLC dungeons just for the story & 1 skill point (that you get for completing dungeon quest) - it means significantly more $ for ZOS.
    Options
  • Mr_Walker
    Mr_Walker
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Mr_Walker wrote: »
    One more point in relation to the above... I was in a group that tried nMHK. We couldn't get past the first boss. We moved to nICP, and they absolutely blitzed it. I mean steamrolled it. OK, it;s the easiest of the DLC dungeons, but these guys carved it apart like the bosses were trash mobs. Is there a problem in the new DLC dungeons? Are they over the top for even an above average pug group?

Who knows. A one-off story is a one-off incident.

They did ICP enough to be comfortable?

Weren't paying attention in MHK? The first boss has a mechanic that if ignored will wipe the group.

It wiped the group 10 times, and when you're laying down enough damage to cheerfully faceroll ICP, you'd expect some goodness in MHK, right? At the end of the day the core is tank tanks, healer heals, and deeps deep. I don't care anymore. I've given up on the DLC dungeons. I've tried pugging half of them, and all I ever got was frustration with zero finishes (apart from icp and wgt). I play these games for fun, not aggravation. If I want that I deal with the numptys at work.

I'd be happy with baby mode, where I just to run around poking stuff and get the story.

That's the point, though. The newer DLCs cannot be brute-forced. There is a mechanic, a heavy to be dodged IIRC, that if not, will set a wipe in motion.

So that's why the group failed: it didn't read the cues and perform the mechanic.

EDIT to add: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/425002/moon-hunter-keep-walkthrough-and-guide-spoilers/p1

BRB doing homework to play a video game.

Plus you kind of missed the point.
    Options
  • witchdoctor
    witchdoctor
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    One more point in relation to the above... I was in a group that tried nMHK. We couldn't get past the first boss. We moved to nICP, and they absolutely blitzed it. I mean steamrolled it. OK, it;s the easiest of the DLC dungeons, but these guys carved it apart like the bosses were trash mobs. Is there a problem in the new DLC dungeons? Are they over the top for even an above average pug group?

Weren't paying attention in MHK? The first boss has a mechanic that if ignored will wipe the group.

It wiped the group 10 times, and when you're laying down enough damage to cheerfully faceroll ICP, you'd expect some goodness in MHK, right? At the end of the day the core is tank tanks, healer heals, and deeps deep. I don't care anymore. I've given up on the DLC dungeons. I've tried pugging half of them, and all I ever got was frustration with zero finishes (apart from icp and wgt). I play these games for fun, not aggravation. If I want that I deal with the numptys at work.

I'd be happy with baby mode, where I just to run around poking stuff and get the story.

That's the point, though. The newer DLCs cannot be brute-forced. There is a mechanic, a heavy to be dodged IIRC, that if not, will set a wipe in motion.

So that's why the group failed: it didn't read the cues and perform the mechanic.

EDIT to add: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/425002/moon-hunter-keep-walkthrough-and-guide-spoilers/p1

Oh, OK. Here is the point I got: you didn't know what went wrong, and instead of trying to learn, gave up, and now are snarky and salty on a forum.
    Options
  • Reistr_the_Unbroken
    Reistr_the_Unbroken
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Oh, OK. Here is the point I got: you didn't know what went wrong, and instead of trying to learn, gave up, and now are snarky and salty on a forum.
    And here’s the point I got from your whole conversation: listen to the other’s side but still scream L2P at people who physically are not able to do a “group dungeon”, even with evidence as to why a solo mode would be good and is very much needed.

Edit: and oh btw? MHK is not easy when ZoS keeps ramping the difficulty of “NORMAL” dlc dungeons to that of vet mode
    Edited by Reistr_the_Unbroken on January 27, 2019 11:09AM
    Options
  • witchdoctor
    witchdoctor
    ✭✭✭✭✭

And here’s the point I got from your whole conversation: listen to the other’s side but still scream L2P at people who physically are not able to do a “group dungeon”, even with evidence as to why a solo mode would be good and is very much needed.

Edit: and oh btw? MHK is not easy when ZoS keeps ramping the difficulty of “NORMAL” dlc dungeons to that of vet mode

Are you daft?

I explained in plain English what likely went wrong, and gave a link to a guide.

That guy then plays the 'derpy-derp, I have to do homework and learn to play a game?' card.

Next time you complain why people don't explain mechanics; refer to that dude's response, and your's.
    Options
  • Delpi
    Delpi
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I don't buy any Dungeon DLC and I'm going to explain why.

I want to do some quick dungeons because I work and only play like 2 hours at the end of the day, just to entertain me and relax (Yeah ZOS, I have money to spend in your game but not enough time lol so I really dislike your tedious DLC dungeons, sorry)
    "I used to be an adventurer like you. Then I took an arrow in the knee..."
    Options
  • Olith
    Olith
    ✭✭✭

Are you daft?

I explained in plain English what likely went wrong, and gave a link to a guide.

That guy then plays the 'derpy-derp, I have to do homework and learn to play a game?' card.

Next time you complain why people don't explain mechanics; refer to that dude's response, and your's.

Maybe I'm a bit "oldschool", but I consider walkthroughs from the web as bordering on cheating. Reading in advance about what gear I need and the mechanics to know if I want to have a realistic chance to survive is exactly no fun at all. Better yet, give me a video on youtube so that I can see every detail of the dungeon before I set my (character's) foot in it...
    Options
  • jainiadral
    jainiadral
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭

In general, story players--and a lot of solo players are-- don't like spoilers. That holds true not just for movies or books, but dungeons too.
    Options
  • H3IIi0N
    H3IIi0N
    ✭✭
    No. Don’t need it. Saw someone mention LOTRO. LOL. Worst game I’ve ever had the misfortune to test & play.

Normal dungeons are soloable in eso. You don’t even need to be BIS min maxer to do it.
    Denubis Djinn Dunmer DK - XB1 NA EP
    Derpy Derpwnz Khajit NB - XB1 NA AD
    Options
  • Numerikuu
    Numerikuu
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    H3IIi0N wrote: »
    Normal dungeons are soloable in eso. You don’t even need to be BIS min maxer to do it.

Solo Fang Lair and any other dungeon that has interrupt/pinning mechanics which require a minimum of 2 people, then come back to me. I'll wait ;)
    Edited by Numerikuu on January 27, 2019 2:09PM
    Options
  • H3IIi0N
    H3IIi0N
    ✭✭
    Numerikuu wrote: »

Solo Fang Lair and any other dungeon that has interrupt/pinning mechanics which require a minimum of 2 people, then come back to me. I'll wait ;)

I refer to vanilla dungeons which are relatively short fun experiences without yard trash that one shots you and ridiculous mechanics. Hop on one foot while rubbing your belly and you can only attack if you have the magic spoon while standing on the numerical squares type mechanics all new dungeons seem to have

Denubis Djinn Dunmer DK - XB1 NA EP
    Derpy Derpwnz Khajit NB - XB1 NA AD
    Options
  • witchdoctor
    witchdoctor
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    jainiadral wrote: »

In general, story players--and a lot of solo players are-- don't like spoilers. That holds true not just for movies or books, but dungeons too.

The spoiler was the boss's wind up for a heavy attack.
    Options
  • TokenIntellect
    TokenIntellect
    ✭✭✭

I refer to vanilla dungeons which are relatively short fun experiences without yard trash that one shots you and ridiculous mechanics. Hop on one foot while rubbing your belly and you can only attack if you have the magic spoon while standing on the numerical squares type mechanics all new dungeons seem to have

Which rules out Wrathstone entirely along with 2/3 of the recent DLCs. So the only way new DLCs become soloable is if ZOS either stops putting those mechanics in or they make something like a solo/story mode. Assuming not much changes from the PTS, it's clear the 4-man magic spoon while standing on the numerical square mechanics are baked in for Wrathstone and that ZOS seems to be fine with keeping it that way:
    ZOS_Finn wrote: »
    The story is connected to the Season of the Dragon in that, assisting Tharayya in getting both halves of the Wrathstone tablet in Frostvault and Depths of Malatar provides context for how Abnur Tharn has them in the prologue quest. If you do not do the Dungeons, that's fine, some other adventurers helped him... but if you did, its an awesome pay off to see your hard work in the Dungeons with your friends be rewarded with a cool story element, don't you think? It's not something that has happened before and we are excited to finally bring this experience to players who enjoy our group content.

It's not something that has happened before and they're excited to finally bring this experience to players who enjoy their group content. Something to think about.
    Options
  • Numerikuu
    Numerikuu
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Ah yes, let me just run the same small handful of vanilla dungeons over and over and over again whilst missing out on every other dungeon, every new dungeon, their story content, and the start of the new year-long story arc.

Here's an image depicting every person thus far that's either said stuff similar to you, or have been against adding a solo mode, because reasons:
    3Vv2G6v.png
    Edited by Numerikuu on January 27, 2019 3:26PM
    Options
  • Tetrafy
    Tetrafy
    ✭✭✭✭
    jaws343 wrote: »
    Krayl wrote: »
    The entire year of content is supposed to be directed at the entire player base and not just the vets who can do veteran content.

So wait now you have to do the dungeons on veteran to get the story content. . ? I must have missed that.

You do realize that many of the newer DLC dungeons are inaccessible to a large portion of the player base, even on normal. The normal mode of the newer DLCs are often equaled to the Vet difficulty of of the base dungeons and a few of the early DLC dungeons. The normal is not normal for everyone in this game. And if it is going to include story elements for content for the rest of the year, it needs to be FG1 easy on normal. And my ability or your ability to do the newer DLC dungeons on normal with zero issues is irrelevant.

Oh come on this is ridculous you are complaining about lore being locked behind content.
    Options
  • Numerikuu
    Numerikuu
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Tetrafy wrote: »
    Krayl wrote: »
    The entire year of content is supposed to be directed at the entire player base and not just the vets who can do veteran content.

So wait now you have to do the dungeons on veteran to get the story content. . ? I must have missed that.

You do realize that many of the newer DLC dungeons are inaccessible to a large portion of the player base, even on normal. The normal mode of the newer DLCs are often equaled to the Vet difficulty of of the base dungeons and a few of the early DLC dungeons. The normal is not normal for everyone in this game. And if it is going to include story elements for content for the rest of the year, it needs to be FG1 easy on normal. And my ability or your ability to do the newer DLC dungeons on normal with zero issues is irrelevant.

Oh come on this is ridculous you are complaining about lore being locked behind content.

You forget this is The Elder Scrolls, a game series with a several decade old massive community that loves it primarily FOR it's lore. A community which ZOS primarily targeted when making and releasing this MMORPG, and continues to target and draw in when releasing new content, and adding to its lore.

/facepalm
    Edited by Numerikuu on January 27, 2019 4:11PM
    Options
  • jainiadral
    jainiadral
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    jainiadral wrote: »

The spoiler was the boss's wind up for a heavy attack.

*shrug*

Never mind. I tried to explain the issue some people were having with the "study up for dungeons" idea, but it's clear a meeting of the minds isn't going to happen since group players and story-oriented solo players have completely different needs. Have a great day!
    Options
  • Chadak
    Chadak
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I'm all for this, primarily because it's a delusional dream from deep in the heart of the land of wishful thinking to presume that anyone gets to read and listen to any of the story in any of these dungeons.

It's a speed run from day 1 out. If you're in some sort of social guild in which you regularly do things with people that care what you think or want, maybe they'll waste their time sitting and doing nothing while you absorb the story...once. Maybe.

Probably not, but maybe.

Wouldn't it be cool if there were a way we could actually enjoy these dungeons at our own pace?

Yet more naivete from the heart of the land of wishful thinking though. Ain't gonna happen in this or any lifetime, for no particularly good reason.
    Options
  • Sadetius
    Sadetius
    ✭✭✭
    Sure more options are fine, lets do vet overland as well then.
    Options
  • idk
    idk
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Sylvermynx wrote: »
    @idk - I do want to avoid grouping altogether, because with the lag I deal with all the time, grouping is.... totally non-optimal. Oh, not for me. Or at least - only because I get dropped and can't get logged back in before whatever it is has been finished by the others....

It's because someone with satellite as only connection CANNOT be classed as a "reasonable" member of a group for group content.

Listen honey - AU players are upset with 250ms lag. My lag is ten times that on a GOOD day. So yeah. I want a story mode option in the WORST way....

That is fine you do not want to group in an MMORPG. However, Zos has a vested interest keeping group content a group instance since players build relationships which lengthen the time they play and also increase the chance they will sub or purchase DLCs for doing dungeons, arenas and trials.

As for your internet, that is a bad personal situation. I am really surprised you can play with 2500 ping, but good for you I have gamed with someone that lived in a rural area and had bad internet.

However, you are an outlier and it is not in Zos' business interest to go through the large expanse of creating solo instances for the 0.1% that have such bad internet as yours. That is the cold hard facts. Your situation is an outlier. Not an example of what Zos is dealing with on the whole.
    Options
  • Linaleah
    Linaleah
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Sadetius wrote: »
    Sure more options are fine, lets do vet overland as well then.

not only that's fair, but it will likely do a TON for retention of a fairly decently sized group of people who are getting bored with current questing.

its not either or proposition.

both.jpg
    Edited by Linaleah on January 27, 2019 6:55PM
    dirty worthless casual.
    Reputation is what other people know about you. Honor is what you know about yourself. Guard your honor. Let your reputation fall where it will. And outlive the ***
    Lois McMaster Bujold "A Civil Campaign"
    Options
  • Linaleah
    Linaleah
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    idk wrote: »
    @idk - I do want to avoid grouping altogether, because with the lag I deal with all the time, grouping is.... totally non-optimal. Oh, not for me. Or at least - only because I get dropped and can't get logged back in before whatever it is has been finished by the others....

It's because someone with satellite as only connection CANNOT be classed as a "reasonable" member of a group for group content.

Listen honey - AU players are upset with 250ms lag. My lag is ten times that on a GOOD day. So yeah. I want a story mode option in the WORST way....

That is fine you do not want to group in an MMORPG. However, Zos has a vested interest keeping group content a group instance since players build relationships which lengthen the time they play and also increase the chance they will sub or purchase DLCs for doing dungeons, arenas and trials.

As for your internet, that is a bad personal situation. I am really surprised you can play with 2500 ping, but good for you I have gamed with someone that lived in a rural area and had bad internet.

However, you are an outlier and it is not in Zos' business interest to go through the large expanse of creating solo instances for the 0.1% that have such bad internet as yours. That is the cold hard facts. Your situation is an outlier. Not an example of what Zos is dealing with on the whole.

the entirety of Australia has Sylver's internet situation. and then there's ESO players that may live in US, but in the areas where high speed connection can be ... well impossible. I'm lucky in that we actualy have high speed cable here - its still unreliable cause we have nature getting in a way of all kinds of conveniences (big reason why i have latency issues) and its expensive as heck, but at least its an option.. our DLS is still ye olde unupgraded version. a friend of mine lives in area where the only option you have is satellite and they are just getting this weird "lets use cellphone towers instead with our phones as what's it called? forgoet, when you can use your phone as wifi router of sorts" option, that's highly experimental and mostly better then satellite by sheer virtue of price to bandwith, rather then actual performance.

and then there's people who may have ok internet but don't like playing through stories in groups. yes, while still enjoying the fact that its an MMO. some of those roleplay in decently large groups, something you can ONLY accomplish in an MMO that has large enough shared world. some may even like dungeons in groups eventually, but would still rather run through their STORIES - solo.

the market for solo version of dungeons is at least as large as the market for vet overland zones. quite possibly larger.
    Edited by Linaleah on January 27, 2019 7:22PM
    dirty worthless casual.
    Reputation is what other people know about you. Honor is what you know about yourself. Guard your honor. Let your reputation fall where it will. And outlive the ***
    Options
  • Diminish
    Diminish
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    The Elder Scrolls Online is a massively multiplayer online role-playing video game developed by ZeniMax Online Studios and published by Bethesda Softworks. It was released for Microsoft Windows and OS X in April 2014. It is a part of The Elder Scrolls series, of which it is the first multiplayer installment. Wikipedia
    Initial release date: April 4, 2014
    Producer(s): Ala Diaz
    Developer: ZeniMax Online Studios
    Publisher: Bethesda Softworks
    Platforms: PlayStation 4, Xbox One, Microsoft Windows, Macintosh operating systems
    Designers: Nick Konkle, Richard Lambert

I've italicized and made the relevant part bold. I've then underlined the most important word just to ensure it grabs your attention. To clarify, you don't play MMO's to run solo content. I don't want any MMO I play to cater to the solo crowd because it takes their time and resources away from creating better experiences for the genre the game was created for; multiplayer group content. The game already caters way more than it should to solo players. When TES 6 releases, I am going to be all over those forums asking for multiplayer aspects to get included in the game. I bet I get lynched.
    Options
  • idk
    idk
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Linaleah wrote: »

the entirety of Australia has Sylver's internet situation.

This is clearly not the case since they actually use AUS as an example and say their issue is 10x worse.

I happen to know and play with people from all over, including AUS. Yes, AUS has more lag than most who live closer to the host nation, however, they can handle doing dungeons with a group since I know them from doing dungeons and trials. Many are very competitive and raid with top groups.

So, Sylver, based on their comments, are clearly the outlier I mentioned.

Also, it does not take high speed internet to have a good connection. If that was the case many in AUS would not have an issue.

While I sympathize with those who do not have great internet paths to the servers, it is not a reason or justification for solo instances of group content.

BTW, I am not arguing with those who want a solo content. I am merely pointing out what is likely the business perspective Zos has.
    Options
  • Diminish
    Diminish
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Oh yes please !

I can't do a lot of dungeons because of my personal situation. I can be called away from my computer at anytime, meaning I have to drop whatever and wherever I am in game instantly. Because of this I had some very nasty results with other players (I warned them before we start the dungeon but.....). So I don't group anymore.

Please let me also enjoy the story of each dungeon at my own pace.

So perhaps MMOs are not the genre of game you should be playing? There are plenty of great RPG single player games available; even those in the ES universe.
    Options
  • Smitch_59
    Smitch_59
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Diminish wrote: »
    Oh yes please !

I can't do a lot of dungeons because of my personal situation. I can be called away from my computer at anytime, meaning I have to drop whatever and wherever I am in game instantly. Because of this I had some very nasty results with other players (I warned them before we start the dungeon but.....). So I don't group anymore.

So perhaps MMOs are not the genre of game you should be playing? There are plenty of great RPG single player games available; even those in the ES universe.

ESO has definitely confirmed that MMOs are not the genre for me. I still play it solely because it's an Elder Scrolls game, in spite of it being an MMO. I've played Morrowind, Oblivion, and Skyrim to death already. When ESVI finally releases, I will probably never touch ESO again. Until then, I will get my Elder Scrolls fix from ESO, despite all the things I dislike about it.
    By Azura, by Azura, by Azura!
    Options
  • Chirru
    Chirru
    ✭✭✭✭
    Diminish wrote: »
    Oh yes please !

This is a really mature comment (sarcasm).

Why would someone speak against the upcoming DLC Dungeons having a Solo version?

Are these people afraid that Solo versions of these Dungeons will be so successful that no one wants to do the Group versions? This will hardly be the case in my opinion.

So why speaking against Solo Versions of Dungeons with a real Story component?

Most of those who do group dungeons do not care about the story anyhow....they just want the goodies they get in the end. Creating Story Dungeons for this group of players is clearly a waste of effort and time.

So why speaking against Solo Versions of Group Dungeons? Is it simply Elitism? Or are the Naysayers simply Trolling?

The one writing;

"So perhaps MMOs are not the genre of game you should be playing? There are plenty of great RPG single player games available; even those in the ES universe."

That one is clearly the Troll of all Trolls. Why does this one even bother to comment at all? Sure...everyone is entitled to their opinion...but trash like that? Really?

Good luck to us all

Options
  • haloufe007
    haloufe007
    ✭✭✭

today to enter the delves I wait 5 to 10 minutes
    and now I am waiting for more than 20 minutes to enter in delve ... still nothing

I think the current server or the system will not allow to add dungeon solo

I also want a solution for solo dungeon but I start to believe that we will not have this option in the current state of affairs

maybe this option will block the servers but they do not intend to say it.
    and they will not remove the mechanisms that require the presence of 2 or more players for experienced players who can solo dungeon
    Options
  • Linaleah
    Linaleah
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Linaleah wrote: »

the entirety of Australia has Sylver's internet situation.

This is clearly not the case since they actually use AUS as an example and say their issue is 10x worse.

I happen to know and play with people from all over, including AUS. Yes, AUS has more lag than most who live closer to the host nation, however, they can handle doing dungeons with a group since I know them from doing dungeons and trials. Many are very competitive and raid with top groups.

So, Sylver, based on their comments, are clearly the outlier I mentioned.

Also, it does not take high speed internet to have a good connection. If that was the case many in AUS would not have an issue.

While I sympathize with those who do not have great internet paths to the servers, it is not a reason or justification for solo instances of group content.

BTW, I am not arguing with those who want a solo content. I am merely pointing out what is likely the business perspective Zos has.

there are people who somehow manage to compensate for less then perfect latency. i don't know how they do it, but they do. sometimes people compensate for them a bit.

the point is, latency is not the only reason why people may want to do stories solo. and from business perspective it make sense to cater to players who prefer solo, becasue when you add up all the different reasons people have, and all the different people who would enjoy the option? its a considerable chunk of the population. who is currently NOT buying those DLC dungeons, NOT playing those DLC dungeons, meanwhile ZoS is investing all these resources into designing content... that gets played by a small minority of population. why not make that content appealing to larger chunk of population by adding a solo option? financially it doesn't make sense NOT to.
    dirty worthless casual.
    Options
  • Casdha
    Casdha
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    haloufe007 wrote: »
    today to enter the delves I wait 5 to 10 minutes
    and now I am waiting for more than 20 minutes to enter in delve ... still nothing

I think the current server or the system will not allow to add dungeon solo

I also want a solution for solo dungeon but I start to believe that we will not have this option in the current state of affairs

maybe this option will block the servers but they do not intend to say it.
    and they will not remove the mechanisms that require the presence of 2 or more players for experienced players who can solo dungeon

I've never had a problem if I just walk up to the entrance then enter.
    Proud member of the Psijic Order - The first wave - The 0.016%

Options