Maintenance for the week of May 20:
• PC/Mac: No maintenance – May 20
• NA megaservers for maintenance – May 22, 4:00AM EDT (8:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• EU megaservers for maintenance – May 22, 8:00 UTC (4:00AM EDT) - 16:00 UTC (12:00PM EDT)
• ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – May 22, 4:00AM EDT (8:00 UTC) - 6:00PM EDT (22:00 UTC) https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/658773

Solo dungeon mode, please

• Casdha
    Casdha
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Artim_X wrote: »
    Casdha wrote: »
    (Spoilers)

I'm wondering, how many folks who have played this dungeon saw everything in this video?
    Did you See more? Did you skip most of it?

Story Spoilers in Video as it is a short video that contains all of the dialog for the beginning of the quest.

Also wondering from those who have completed it, Is this still there the second time you ran it?

https://youtu.be/1orLHz2g4fQ

The first time I ran through the new dungeons was with a random group via the queue. We took our sweet time admiring everything the dungeons had to offer. The dialogue is still there the second time around.

The reason I asked is because in Delves, the bosses respawn but the story characters and quests do not reset. I wasn't sure how it was in Group Dungeons. I know some use to not reset quests after completion or at least that's how I perceived it by comments made from the folks I was running the Dungeon with.
    Edited by Casdha on January 25, 2019 5:49PM
    Proud member of the Psijic Order - The first wave - The 0.016%

Options
  • TokenIntellect
    TokenIntellect
    ✭✭✭
    Faulgor wrote: »
    So what's the harm in asking for both - group dungeons that can be completed by solo questers, and overland content that is engaging for more advanced players? Because as it is, advanced solo players can't meaningfully enjoy 3/3 of what they're paying for - dungeons and trials are group content, and everything else is too easy.
    Probably because it "sends the wrong message?"

Tell you what, open a thread asking ZOS for overland content that's more engaging and you'll probably have a bunch of us solo questers supporting you. It's not a zero-sum game. So sure, ask for both. But holding a solo/story mode hostage to what you think advanced solo players want isn't going to get you more engaging content. Especially if advanced solo players can't agree on what we find engaging. Because I'm engaged by good music, quality voice acting, well-done visuals, and an immersive story.

Want it to be more difficult? I do too. I'd like puzzles that were actually puzzling, a crafting system that required some degree of craft, dialogue choices that were consequential, a justice system that effected your reputation, etc. But I'm just guessing that's not quite what you had in mind.
    If you say that's unreasonably hard ("only available to elites") you're literally asking for them to be easier. Which is fine, I just don't understand why you would claim otherwise?
    Are there players of different skill levels? Absolutely. There are some amazing players out there. But framing it as solo questers vs. advanced players isn't just insulting and wrong, it's entirely beside the point because it's not about difficulty. It's about play style.

Example: Like you, I can solo plenty of dungeons, but you know how some people click through the dialogue because they find it boring and tedious? That's pretty much how I think of trash mobs: tedious click fests. And most boss fights are just tedious click fests with added annoying mechanics that usually go on too long and add precious little to the story.

Asking for a solo/story mode to be added isn't asking for any current mode to be removed. It shouldn't effect anyone who likes slaughtering their way through dungeons.

Because in the end it's about access to story. Even if Wrathstone is "the prologue to the prologue," as was pointed out in another thread, putting story into dungeons still seems to negate the idea of a Season of the Dragon for a significant chunk of the player base who revel in the story. And if it is inconsequential in Q1, what about Q3? What story elements are we going to miss then?
    Edited by TokenIntellect on January 26, 2019 3:59PM
    Options
  • Casdha
    Casdha
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    One thing I will never understand,

Why is it the folks who ask for harder content are also the ones who try to achieve the greatest DPS, have the best build and, more often than not, follow someones else's instructions on how to do it rather than come up with it on their own (which character building itself is a challenge)?

If someone truly wanted content to be more difficult, why not play as the worst Race with common build stats and pull 8-12k dps instead of 50k+ or at the very least figure out the build themselves?

I can't help it, I just can't wrap my head around the fact that folks who want harder content are always striving to play the content that is here in the easiest mode possible.

Options
  • Smitch_59
    Smitch_59
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    As a filthy casual scrub turnip who mostly plays solo, I would support a solo story mode so I could finally enjoy dungeons. As it is, I've only done a handful of base game dungeons on normal, and I've never done a DLC dungeon. And once I finish a dungeon to get the achievement and the trophy, I'm done with it. Never done any dungeon more than once.

I stopped buying dungeon DLCs a long time ago. I currently subscribe to ESO+ and I buy the new chapters, and I feel that's enough. With all the talk of the Elsweyr having significant story elements gated in dungeons, I may skip this chapter entirely.

And in response to those who flippantly say "Go play Skyrim," if all of us casual solo players really quit ESO to go play Skyrim, ESO would be dead in a very short time. ZOS needs our money, too!

By Azura, by Azura, by Azura!
    Options
  • Bladewizard
    Bladewizard
    ✭✭✭
    I play solo for medical reasons, I wont burden a group, and I have no wish to be the burden. It would be great to have a story mode for all dungeons to my mind. I also could care less about gear or skyshard. Just being able to see some of those places would be a blast. But if eso is going to lock main story lines behind group content it should be required to have a solo path. Restrict it as needed but main story should be accessible to all.
    Options
  • Artim_X
    Artim_X
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    As much as I love the new dungeons, both of them are glorified fetch quests that can be considered their own independent stories. The wrathstone tablet is the only relevant connection to the main story. You can play the prologue in a way that makes it seem like you were not involved in the acquisition of the stones. So if you do not like dungeons you will not be missing out on any important plot points for the chapter.
    (AD) Artim X/Xirtām/Måtrix |PC/NA| Casual staff wielding vampire sorcerer/templar/arcanist
    Electric-Burn/Stun
    https://media.giphy.com/media/Av0zcKH3i2BkaY1GXW/giphy.gif/https://c.tenor.com/jQHdFftrgwMAAAAC/tenor.gif
    • Damage Dealing Build.
    • Gear: 5 Infallible Aether (All apparel light and Divines with Max Mag Enchants), 1 Slimecraw Guise for max spell critical (Divines, light, Max Mag Enchants), Maelstrom's Perfected Inferno/Lightning Staff (infused/shock enchant), and Rage of the Ursauk jewelry (bloodthirsty with spell damage enchant)/lightning staff (infused/flame/weapon damage enchant). 1 Mora's Whispers.
    • Ability-Bar 1: Critical Surge, Boundless Storm, Mages' Wrath, Lightning Flood, Twilight Tormentor (Twilight Matriarch for solo roleplay variant of build), and Power Overload.
    • Ability-Bar 2: Crushing Shock/Storm Pulsar, Streak, Flame/Shock Reach, Unstable Wall of Fire/Storms, Twilight Tormentor (Twilight Matriarch for solo roleplay variant of build) and Fiery/Thunderous Rage.
    Electric-Heal
    https://media.giphy.com/media/5ibGIHneWS6ek/giphy.gif
    • My Healer Build.
    • Gear: 5 Spell Power Cure (All apparel light and Divines with Max Mag Enchants), 1 Slimecraw Guise for max spell critical (Divines, light, Max Mag Enchants), Maelstrom's Perfected Lightning Staff (Charged/shock enchant), and Infallible Aether jewelry (arcane with spell damage enchant)/restoration staff (Powered with absorb magicka enchant). 1 Mora's Whispers.
    • Ability-Bar 1: Power Surge, Boundless Storm, Blessing of Restoration, Energy Orb, Twilight Matriarch, and Replenishing Barrier.
    • Ability-Bar 2: Dark Deal, Overflowing Altar, Elemental Drain, Blockade of Storms, Twilight Matriarch, and Aggressive Horn.
    Electric-Ward
    https://media.giphy.com/media/Wa0TGmtDvwW3e/giphy.gif
    • My Meme Tank Build that uses high resistance and variety of wards.
    • Gear: 5 Brands of Imperium (All body pieces except Head and Shoulders, with Divine trait, and with Prismatic Defense Enchants), full Mother Ciannait's (1 light and 1 medium. Divines and Max Mag Enchant), and Combat Physician jewelry (bloodthirsty with Prismatic Recovery Enchants), CP restoration staff (Infused with hardening enchant), and CP ice staff (Infused with crusher enchant).
    • Ability-Bar 1: Critical Surge, Bound Aegis, Deep Thoughts, Boundless Storm, Healing Ward, and Replenishing Barrier.
    • Ability-Bar 2: Silver Leash (Elemental Drain if healer isn't running it), Bound Aegis, Frost Clench, Blockade of Frost, Empowered Ward, and Temporal Guard.
    Electric-Vamp
    https://media.giphy.com/media/ukDQiYZzRAxMZKcK86/giphy.gif
    • Tanky stage 4 vampire utility focused PvP healer that can take down very inexperienced players but is primarily focused on working alongside others in an organized group, PUGs, or zergs.
    • Gear: 5 Torug's Pact for regular and NoCP build/Oblivion's Foe for dot build (medium chest and body pieces light. All Impenetrable. Max Mag Enchants). Gaze of Sithis and 1 light Mighty Chudan/Pirate Skeleton (light shoulders, and impenetrable with Max Mag Enchants). Knight Slayer/Pariah jewelry/Plaguebreak for dot build (bloodthirsty with spell damage enchant)/lightning staff (infused with oblivion enchant for regular and noCP build/absorb magicka enchant and Sharpened for dot build. Sharpened for dot build)/restoration staff (infused with oblivion enchant regular and noCP build/absorb magicka enchant and Sharpened for dot build).
    • Ability-Bar 1: Structured Entropy, Boundless Storm, Soul Splitting Trap, Radiating Regeneration, Healing Ward, and Life Giver.
    • Ability-Bar 2: Drain Vigor (Elemental Susceptibility), Race Against Time, Rune Cage, Radiant Magelight, Empowered Ward, and Shatter Soul.
    Dawnfang
    https://media.tenor.com/ogWfvDdsqBIAAAAd/anime-black-clover.gif
    • My casual one bar heavy attack Templar build that only utilizes Aedric Spear abilities.
    • Gear: 5 Infallible Aether (Head or Shoulder and body pieces except Chest. All body pieces Divines with Max Mag Enchants), 1 Slimecraw Guise for max spell critical (Divines, light, Max Mag Enchant), Lightning Staff of the Sergeant (Infused/shock enchant), and Sergeant's Mail jewelry (One Ring and one Neck. Both bloodthirsty with spell damage enchant). 1 Oakensoul Ring (bloodthirsty with spell damage enchant).
    • Ability-Bar 1: Puncturing Sweep, Aurora Javelin, Toppling Charge, Blazing Spear, Radiant Ward, and Crescent Sweep.
    Duskfang
    https://media.tenor.com/Jo8aG_ouy_oAAAAd/ac-odyssey.gif
    • Tanky stage 4 vampire utility focused PvP healer that can take down very inexperienced players but is primarily focused on working alongside others in an organized group, PUGs, or zergs.
    • Gear: 5 Torug's Pact (Heavy Chest with light Head, Waist, Hands, and Feet. All body pieces Impenetrable. Health enchant on head and everything else Magicka Enchants), 1 Medium Mighty Chudan/Pirate Skeleton Shoulder (Impenetrable, Max Health Enchant), Knight Slayer Restoration Staff (Infused/Decrease Health enchant/Stealth-Draining Poison IX), and Knight Slayer jewelry (One Ring and one Neck. Both bloodthirsty with spell damage enchant). 1 Oakensoul Ring (bloodthirsty with Spell Damage Enchant).
    • Ability-Bar 1:Radiant Oppression, Race Against Time, Aurora Javelin, Breath of Life, Resolving Vigor, and Life Giver (Shatter Soul).
    PvE Starter Gear
    https://media.giphy.com/media/6CovzgyTig7M4/giphy.gif
    • Gear: 5 Law of Julianos (heavy chest, gloves/belt light, and the rest can be light or 1 medium piece if you're not wearing medium anywhere else on your body. All in training if grinding for XP or divines), Armor of the Seducer or Magnus' Gift head, shoulder, and staves (light with 1 medium piece if you are not already wearing 1 medium Julianos piece. All in training or divines. The staves should be training or infused), and 3 purple Willpower Jewelry with Arcane trait (can be bought from trading guilds for relatively cheap.
    • Check tamrieltradecentre.com for the best deals if you're not using a price checking addon).
    Race
    https://media.giphy.com/media/sdEkeWpiaGz0A/giphy.gif
    • High elf, since you will not have issues with sustain, but other mag based races are also fine so this is more of a personal choice.
    Mundus Stones
    https://media.giphy.com/media/cT3wMhLGQWdKU/giphy.gif
    • PvP: The Lover for penetration when playing a sorc or temp.
    • PvE Healing/Damage: The Thief for decent crit rate.
    • PvE Tanking: The Lady to get close to resistance cap.
    Current Champion Points
    https://media.giphy.com/media/l4FGDAx6u3hthMhgI/giphy.gif
    • DPS Sorc: Shadowstrike/ Master Gatherer, Meticulous Disassembly/Plentiful Harvest, Steed's Blessing, Sustaining Shadows, Exploiter, Weapons Expert, Biting Aura, Thaumaturge, Celerity, Rejuvenation, Fortified, Boundless Vitality.
    • Healer Sorc: Shadowstrike/ Master Gatherer, Meticulous Disassembly/Plentiful Harvest, Steed's Blessing, Sustaining Shadows, Enlivening Overflow, Hope Infusion, Weapon's Expert, Arcane Supremacy, Celerity, Rejuvenation, Fortified, Boundless Vitality.
    • Tanky Sorc: Shadowstrike/ Master Gatherer, Meticulous Disassembly/Plentiful Harvest, Steed's Blessing, Sustaining Shadows, Ironclad, Enduring Resolve, Reinforced, Duelist's Rebuff, Bastion, Ward Master, Rejuvenation, Fortified.
    • PvP Sorc: Shadowstrike/ Master Gatherer, Meticulous Disassembly/Plentiful Harvest, Steed's Blessing, Sustaining Shadows, Enlivening Overflow, Weapon's Expert, Occult Overload, Arcane Supremacy, Bastion, Rejuvenation, Fortified, Boundless Vitality.
    • PvE Temp: Shadowstrike/ Master Gatherer, Meticulous Disassembly/Plentiful Harvest, Steed's Blessing, Sustaining Shadows, Fighting Finesse, Master-at-Arms, Weapons Expert, Biting Aura, Celerity, Rejuvenation, Fortified, Boundless Vitality.
    • PvP Temp: Shadowstrike/ Master Gatherer, Meticulous Disassembly/Plentiful Harvest, Steed's Blessing, Sustaining Shadows, Enlivening Overflow, Weapon's Expert, From the Brink, Arcane Supremacy, Celerity, Rejuvenation, Fortified, Boundless Vitality.
    Favorite Foods and Potions
    https://media.giphy.com/media/3otPoTggaYFNd1FdAI/giphy.gif
    • Parse Food for PvE:(DPS) Ghastly Eye Bowl (increases Max Magicka by 4592 and Magicka Recovery by 459 for 2 hours).
    • Gold/Purple Food for Sorc PvP and Meme Tanking:(PvP) Clockwork Citrus Filet (increases Max Health by 3326, Health Recovery by 406 [useful if stage 1 vampire], Max Magicka by 3080, and Magicka Recovery by 338 for 2 hours). Witchmother's Potent Brew (Increase Max Magicka by 2856, Max Health by 3094, and Magicka Recovery by 315 for 2 hours.
    • Trash Potions when feeling cheap: Regular CP150 Essence of Magicka pots that I obtain frequently from playing the game or Crown Tri-Restoration Potion obtained from dailies.
    • Crafted Potions: Essence of Spell Critical (Bugloss, Lady's Smock, and Water Hyacinth). Without magelight this is my primary means of obtaining Major Prophecy on my Sorc, which increases my Spell Critical Rating. This also heals and restores magicka. Essence of Immovability (Columbine, Corn Flower, and Wormwood). I use this in PvP, since this gives me stealth detection, knockback immunity, and restores magicka (better to use it when competent allies are nearby, since it might reveal that you are surrounded by multiple players in stealth and you will not have an emergency pot available after use). Essence of Invisibility with only 2 ingredients (Blue Entoloma, Namira's Rot, Nirnroot, or Spider Egg). I use this in PvE content that requires stealth and if I need more speed I'll use Rapid Maneuver before using the potion. Essence of Invisibility with 3 ingredients (Blessed Thistle, Blue Entoloma, and Namira's Rot). Very useful in PvP alongside the vampire Dark Stalker passive, since you'll be invisible, ignore movement speed penalty while in Crouch, and you'll have a 30% movement speed boost from Major Expedition (I always have this slotted when riding from point A to B in PvP land, since gankers are always lurking). My templar will mostly use Essence of Health (Tri-Stat Potion) Ingredients: (Mountain Flower, Columbine, and Bugloss).
    Options
  • Jhalin
    Jhalin
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    You don’t really have to practice anything at all for normal mode. Veteran is not going to be required for the dungeons’ stories so there’s not really any substance behind these scenarios you brought up.

As mentioned, there’s no repeating these quests, and so this feature might be used once per dungeon. It brings very little as a feature and offers nothing to experienced players because it offers nothing.

You said you found guildmates to run it? Great! Now tell them clearly that you want to read all of the dialogue for the quest. As long as you say so, most people will slow down for you.
    Options
  • Casdha
    Casdha
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    As much as I love the new dungeons, both of them are glorified fetch quests that can be considered their own independent stories. The wrathstone tablet is the only relevant connection to the main story. You can play the prologue in a way that makes it seem like you were not involved in the acquisition of the stones. So if you do not like dungeons you will not be missing out on any important plot points for the chapter.

Which is what I suspected and why I stated that this whole thing was probably more of a marketing screw up than it was anything else.

Options
  • Alex_Lex
    Alex_Lex
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    That's not so common reason for me to want a single mode so much:

I do ingame panoramas, do them a lot in different games for 8 years already.
    I've created thousands of panoramas in ESO and there are lots of content that I couldn't shoot.

So I really want to pass through the dungeons solo (some I can but not all)

Just check some samples (2560*1440 mostly and free to use).

26437113859_322b4ea732_o.jpg

37621102320_fa2bcfd8fe_o.jpg

38668195362_ea1d775468_o.jpg
    3 more under the spoiler section
    37866494226_2b2717e795_o.jpg

37878383141_1ae965c26b_o.jpg

38668195892_d8736595e3_o.jpg

And more - through the link

So please, Zos, give us an option to have solo mode for dungeons.
    That can be a great addition to ESO+ value
    EU: Beatrice gra-Brog, Rebellie, Yshterie, Jearra , Lirielline
    Christess, Fleuretta, Jubilee Cake, Braviliana, Onyxette
    M'adjirra, Dances-around-Nirn, Nerieth, Estrice, Ann der Wood
    Éternelle, Burns-all-the-babies, Jyggurag
    NA: Dice Twice, Nikka from the barrel
    Options
  • Chirru
    Chirru
    ✭✭✭✭

Ah...okay...

"So if you do not like dungeons you will not be missing out on any important plot points for the chapter..."

"The wrathstone tablet is the only relevant connection to the main story."

[Scratches head]

The Tablet is relevant to the main story... Okay....

The Tablet is in a dungeon that can only be done in a Group....okay...

So if someone does not like to group ....they will NOT miss out on the story of getting the tablet which is...quote "relevant" and.... miss out on.... quote "any important plot points" to the main story?

[Scratches ear]

sigh...this kind of logic is way beyond me... sigh

Good luck to us all

P.S.

"As much as I love the new dungeons, both of them are glorified fetch quests that can be considered their own independent stories.."

Okay... Why than having the tablet which is "the only relevant connection to the main story" being locked behind a "glorified fetch quest" that can only be done in a group?

If these Dungeons are truly independent stories than the Tablet should not be in these Dungeons....me thinks.
    Options
  • Mr_Walker
    Mr_Walker
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Casdha wrote: »
    One thing I will never understand,

Why is it the folks who ask for harder content are also the ones who try to achieve the greatest DPS, have the best build and, more often than not, follow someones else's instructions on how to do it rather than come up with it on their own (which character building itself is a challenge)?

If someone truly wanted content to be more difficult, why not play as the worst Race with common build stats and pull 8-12k dps instead of 50k+ or at the very least figure out the build themselves?

I can't help it, I just can't wrap my head around the fact that folks who want harder content are always striving to play the content that is here in the easiest mode possible.

You mean... not play the meta?

Sacrilege! Blasphemy! BURN THE WITCH!!!
    Options
  • Artim_X
    Artim_X
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Chirru wrote: »

Ah...okay...

"So if you do not like dungeons you will not be missing out on any important plot points for the chapter..."

"The wrathstone tablet is the only relevant connection to the main story."

[Scratches head]

The Tablet is relevant to the main story... Okay....

The Tablet is in a dungeon that can only be done in a Group....okay...

So if someone does not like to group ....they will NOT miss out on the story of getting the tablet which is...quote "relevant" and.... miss out on.... quote "any important plot points" to the main story?

[Scratches ear]

sigh...this kind of logic is way beyond me... sigh

Good luck to us all

P.S.

"As much as I love the new dungeons, both of them are glorified fetch quests that can be considered their own independent stories.."

Okay... Why than having the tablet which is "the only relevant connection to the main story" being locked behind a "glorified fetch quest" that can only be done in a group?

If these Dungeons are truly independent stories than the Tablet should not be in these Dungeons....me thinks.

I am simply conveying my experience with the dungeons in relation to the primary story that players want to experience. If Abnur was present in the dungeons and talked about stuff that's going to happen in the chapter then I'd be telling you that the dungeons are very significant and it is unfortunate that they weren't designed to be like the vanilla dungeons. In the prologue (you can do it without even stepping foot in the dungeons) you don't have to interact with a particular NPC at the start. The implication of not talking to her is that someone else helped her get the tablets for Abnur. Like I said the dungeons are a fetch quest nothing more nothing less. The interesting bits are about the dungeons themselves and not the item in question. When I completed the dungeons I made sure to read all the dialogue and admire everything of note, since I actually like all the content in the game. The story of getting the tablet is only relevant if you truly wish to be a part of the fetching aspect of the story. Either way Abnur paid someone very well for the tablet, but it doesn't have to be you. The primary story starts with the prologue itself, since this is where you learn about the tablet and about future plot points.

No, the tablets are fine where they are. What's not fine is someone making a mountain out of a molehill. I like running dungeons and when someone is doing a quest I make sure to slow down so that they can enjoy the story. Sometimes it's obvious, but when it's not all one has to do is mention that they are doing the quest in chat. Dungeon runners can be quite considerate if you give them a chance. Would I be upset if there was a solo dungeon mode? No, hell no! I would primarily do it solo for the story the first time around and then with groups for the additional challenge, but such a mode does not exist and I'm not saying it shouldn't exist. All I'm saying is that you are not missing out on much in relation to the chapter (this is a matter of fact, since no chapter plot points are present in the dungeons) and some of the complaints I've been seeing pn the forums are a bit excessive.
    (AD) Artim X/Xirtām/Måtrix |PC/NA| Casual staff wielding vampire sorcerer/templar/arcanist
    Electric-Burn/Stun
    https://media.giphy.com/media/Av0zcKH3i2BkaY1GXW/giphy.gif/https://c.tenor.com/jQHdFftrgwMAAAAC/tenor.gif
    • Damage Dealing Build.
    • Gear: 5 Infallible Aether (All apparel light and Divines with Max Mag Enchants), 1 Slimecraw Guise for max spell critical (Divines, light, Max Mag Enchants), Maelstrom's Perfected Inferno/Lightning Staff (infused/shock enchant), and Rage of the Ursauk jewelry (bloodthirsty with spell damage enchant)/lightning staff (infused/flame/weapon damage enchant). 1 Mora's Whispers.
    • Ability-Bar 1: Critical Surge, Boundless Storm, Mages' Wrath, Lightning Flood, Twilight Tormentor (Twilight Matriarch for solo roleplay variant of build), and Power Overload.
    • Ability-Bar 2: Crushing Shock/Storm Pulsar, Streak, Flame/Shock Reach, Unstable Wall of Fire/Storms, Twilight Tormentor (Twilight Matriarch for solo roleplay variant of build) and Fiery/Thunderous Rage.
    Electric-Heal
    • My Healer Build.
    • Gear: 5 Spell Power Cure (All apparel light and Divines with Max Mag Enchants), 1 Slimecraw Guise for max spell critical (Divines, light, Max Mag Enchants), Maelstrom's Perfected Lightning Staff (Charged/shock enchant), and Infallible Aether jewelry (arcane with spell damage enchant)/restoration staff (Powered with absorb magicka enchant). 1 Mora's Whispers.
    • Ability-Bar 1: Power Surge, Boundless Storm, Blessing of Restoration, Energy Orb, Twilight Matriarch, and Replenishing Barrier.
    • Ability-Bar 2: Dark Deal, Overflowing Altar, Elemental Drain, Blockade of Storms, Twilight Matriarch, and Aggressive Horn.
    Electric-Ward
    • Gear: 5 Brands of Imperium (All body pieces except Head and Shoulders, with Divine trait, and with Prismatic Defense Enchants), full Mother Ciannait's (1 light and 1 medium. Divines and Max Mag Enchant), and Combat Physician jewelry (bloodthirsty with Prismatic Recovery Enchants), CP restoration staff (Infused with hardening enchant), and CP ice staff (Infused with crusher enchant).
    • Ability-Bar 1: Critical Surge, Bound Aegis, Deep Thoughts, Boundless Storm, Healing Ward, and Replenishing Barrier.
    • Ability-Bar 2: Silver Leash (Elemental Drain if healer isn't running it), Bound Aegis, Frost Clench, Blockade of Frost, Empowered Ward, and Temporal Guard.
    Electric-Vamp
    • Gear: 5 Torug's Pact for regular and NoCP build/Oblivion's Foe for dot build (medium chest and body pieces light. All Impenetrable. Max Mag Enchants). Gaze of Sithis and 1 light Mighty Chudan/Pirate Skeleton (light shoulders, and impenetrable with Max Mag Enchants). Knight Slayer/Pariah jewelry/Plaguebreak for dot build (bloodthirsty with spell damage enchant)/lightning staff (infused with oblivion enchant for regular and noCP build/absorb magicka enchant and Sharpened for dot build. Sharpened for dot build)/restoration staff (infused with oblivion enchant regular and noCP build/absorb magicka enchant and Sharpened for dot build).
    • Ability-Bar 1: Structured Entropy, Boundless Storm, Soul Splitting Trap, Radiating Regeneration, Healing Ward, and Life Giver.
    • Ability-Bar 2: Drain Vigor (Elemental Susceptibility), Race Against Time, Rune Cage, Radiant Magelight, Empowered Ward, and Shatter Soul.
    Dawnfang
    • My casual one bar heavy attack Templar build that only utilizes Aedric Spear abilities.
    • Gear: 5 Infallible Aether (Head or Shoulder and body pieces except Chest. All body pieces Divines with Max Mag Enchants), 1 Slimecraw Guise for max spell critical (Divines, light, Max Mag Enchant), Lightning Staff of the Sergeant (Infused/shock enchant), and Sergeant's Mail jewelry (One Ring and one Neck. Both bloodthirsty with spell damage enchant). 1 Oakensoul Ring (bloodthirsty with spell damage enchant).
    • Ability-Bar 1: Puncturing Sweep, Aurora Javelin, Toppling Charge, Blazing Spear, Radiant Ward, and Crescent Sweep.
    Duskfang
    • Gear: 5 Torug's Pact (Heavy Chest with light Head, Waist, Hands, and Feet. All body pieces Impenetrable. Health enchant on head and everything else Magicka Enchants), 1 Medium Mighty Chudan/Pirate Skeleton Shoulder (Impenetrable, Max Health Enchant), Knight Slayer Restoration Staff (Infused/Decrease Health enchant/Stealth-Draining Poison IX), and Knight Slayer jewelry (One Ring and one Neck. Both bloodthirsty with spell damage enchant). 1 Oakensoul Ring (bloodthirsty with Spell Damage Enchant).
    • Ability-Bar 1:Radiant Oppression, Race Against Time, Aurora Javelin, Breath of Life, Resolving Vigor, and Life Giver (Shatter Soul).
    PvE Starter Gear
    • Gear: 5 Law of Julianos (heavy chest, gloves/belt light, and the rest can be light or 1 medium piece if you're not wearing medium anywhere else on your body. All in training if grinding for XP or divines), Armor of the Seducer or Magnus' Gift head, shoulder, and staves (light with 1 medium piece if you are not already wearing 1 medium Julianos piece. All in training or divines. The staves should be training or infused), and 3 purple Willpower Jewelry with Arcane trait (can be bought from trading guilds for relatively cheap.
    • Check tamrieltradecentre.com for the best deals if you're not using a price checking addon).
    Race
    • High elf, since you will not have issues with sustain, but other mag based races are also fine so this is more of a personal choice.
    Mundus Stones
    Current Champion Points
    • DPS Sorc: Shadowstrike/ Master Gatherer, Meticulous Disassembly/Plentiful Harvest, Steed's Blessing, Sustaining Shadows, Exploiter, Weapons Expert, Biting Aura, Thaumaturge, Celerity, Rejuvenation, Fortified, Boundless Vitality.
    • Healer Sorc: Shadowstrike/ Master Gatherer, Meticulous Disassembly/Plentiful Harvest, Steed's Blessing, Sustaining Shadows, Enlivening Overflow, Hope Infusion, Weapon's Expert, Arcane Supremacy, Celerity, Rejuvenation, Fortified, Boundless Vitality.
    • Tanky Sorc: Shadowstrike/ Master Gatherer, Meticulous Disassembly/Plentiful Harvest, Steed's Blessing, Sustaining Shadows, Ironclad, Enduring Resolve, Reinforced, Duelist's Rebuff, Bastion, Ward Master, Rejuvenation, Fortified.
    • PvP Sorc: Shadowstrike/ Master Gatherer, Meticulous Disassembly/Plentiful Harvest, Steed's Blessing, Sustaining Shadows, Enlivening Overflow, Weapon's Expert, Occult Overload, Arcane Supremacy, Bastion, Rejuvenation, Fortified, Boundless Vitality.
    • PvE Temp: Shadowstrike/ Master Gatherer, Meticulous Disassembly/Plentiful Harvest, Steed's Blessing, Sustaining Shadows, Fighting Finesse, Master-at-Arms, Weapons Expert, Biting Aura, Celerity, Rejuvenation, Fortified, Boundless Vitality.
    • PvP Temp: Shadowstrike/ Master Gatherer, Meticulous Disassembly/Plentiful Harvest, Steed's Blessing, Sustaining Shadows, Enlivening Overflow, Weapon's Expert, From the Brink, Arcane Supremacy, Celerity, Rejuvenation, Fortified, Boundless Vitality.
    • Parse Food for PvE:(DPS) Ghastly Eye Bowl (increases Max Magicka by 4592 and Magicka Recovery by 459 for 2 hours).
    • Gold/Purple Food for Sorc PvP and Meme Tanking:(PvP) Clockwork Citrus Filet (increases Max Health by 3326, Health Recovery by 406 [useful if stage 1 vampire], Max Magicka by 3080, and Magicka Recovery by 338 for 2 hours). Witchmother's Potent Brew (Increase Max Magicka by 2856, Max Health by 3094, and Magicka Recovery by 315 for 2 hours.
    • Trash Potions when feeling cheap: Regular CP150 Essence of Magicka pots that I obtain frequently from playing the game or Crown Tri-Restoration Potion obtained from dailies.
    • Crafted Potions: Essence of Spell Critical (Bugloss, Lady's Smock, and Water Hyacinth). Without magelight this is my primary means of obtaining Major Prophecy on my Sorc, which increases my Spell Critical Rating. This also heals and restores magicka. Essence of Immovability (Columbine, Corn Flower, and Wormwood). I use this in PvP, since this gives me stealth detection, knockback immunity, and restores magicka (better to use it when competent allies are nearby, since it might reveal that you are surrounded by multiple players in stealth and you will not have an emergency pot available after use). Essence of Invisibility with only 2 ingredients (Blue Entoloma, Namira's Rot, Nirnroot, or Spider Egg). I use this in PvE content that requires stealth and if I need more speed I'll use Rapid Maneuver before using the potion. Essence of Invisibility with 3 ingredients (Blessed Thistle, Blue Entoloma, and Namira's Rot). Very useful in PvP alongside the vampire Dark Stalker passive, since you'll be invisible, ignore movement speed penalty while in Crouch, and you'll have a 30% movement speed boost from Major Expedition (I always have this slotted when riding from point A to B in PvP land, since gankers are always lurking). My templar will mostly use Essence of Health (Tri-Stat Potion) Ingredients: (Mountain Flower, Columbine, and Bugloss).
    Options
  • Chirru
    Chirru
    ✭✭✭✭
    "The story of getting the tablet is only relevant if you truly wish to be a part of the fetching aspect of the story."

True...true...

I wish to be a part of the relevant story of getting the two parts of Tablet

I know others wish to be a part of the relevant story of getting the Tablet

And yet the selfsame relevant story of getting the parts of the Tablet are locked behind two 4 player Dungeons, which (from the indication of what I can discern on this forum) a substantial part of the Players (for various reasons) does not appreciate at all.

Since my Char went solo through the Main Plot...and went face to face with Baal... why so suddenly hide plot items in four player dungeons? What minds spawned that sort of mischief....and what minds defend it?

Options
  • Jhalin
    Jhalin
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Normal dungeons aren’t hard, guys. They’ll take a little bit of time reading the mechanics but at the end of the day nothing in normal mode poses a significant threat to a player with a moderate amount of experience

You can go in with a group that wants to run it for the story. Join a social guild and it shouldn’t take long at all when the dungeons launch. Guides will have been posted by the endgame players before the PTS closes out so everyone can read up on the mechanics before even stepping into the dungeons.
    Options
  • Artim_X
    Artim_X
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    "The story of getting the tablet is only relevant if you truly wish to be a part of the fetching aspect of the story."

True...true...

And yet the selfsame relevant story of getting the parts of the Tablet are locked behind two 4 player Dungeons, which (from the indication of what I can discern on this forum) a substantial part of the Players (for various reasons) does not appreciate at all.

Since my Char went solo through the Main Plot...and went face to face with Baal... why so suddenly hide plot items in four player dungeons? What minds spawned that sort of mischief....and what minds defend it?

DId you know that there are important plot points for the main story in the Imperial City DLC. Not only in the dungeons, but also in the city itself. I'm sure many players have yet to complete that content. What about Craglorn? The overland story can be done solo, but IMO to truly complete the story one must complete all the trials. The game is full of content. Some are relevant to other pieces of content in varying degrees and some stand on their own.

The only thing stopping you from completing these dungeons seems to be your inability to queue up for them. If you really want to be a part of the fetch quest then become a DPS, a healer, or a tank. No one is forcing you to do it on vet. If you put in a bit of effort I'm sure you'll be able to clear them at a desired pace and you might actually end up enjoying the experience.
    Electric-Burn/Stun
    • Damage Dealing Build.
    Electric-Heal
    • My Healer Build.
    Electric-Ward
    Electric-Vamp
    Dawnfang
    Duskfang
    PvE Starter Gear
    Race
    Mundus Stones
    Current Champion Points
    Options
  • TokenIntellect
    TokenIntellect
    ✭✭✭

True...true...

DId you know that there are important plot points for the main story in the Imperial City DLC. Not only in the dungeons, but also in the city itself. I'm sure many players have yet to complete that content. What about Craglorn? The overland story can be done solo, but IMO to truly complete the story one must complete all the trials. The game is full of content. Some are relevant to other pieces of content in varying degrees and some stand on their own.

The only thing stopping you from completing these dungeons seems to be your inability to queue up for them. If you really want to be a part of the fetch quest then become a DPS, a healer, or a tank. No one is forcing you to do it on vet. If you put in a bit of effort I'm sure you'll be able to clear them at a desired pace and you might actually end up enjoying the experience.

So "find friends", "find a guild", and "learn to play."

OP laid out why those aren't good answers and others have added even more. And I think what you're hitting at is why people have asked to make Cyrodiil PVE. Why so many dislike Craglorn. Precisely because so much of the content in the game, a game built upon a foundation of rich storytelling, is inaccessible to casual players, players who don't want to group up, players who can't group up, players who just want to make pretty pictures, etc.

We're being sold a year-long story. What you're saying is that the first part of it isn't really significant. Will ZOS do the same for the Q3 Dungeon DLC, make up some insignificant and uncessary part of the story that we should be happy someone else completed for us? You can maybe do that in the prologue to the prologue, but it doesn't seem nearly as good an idea to do that in the middle of rising tension.

Season of the Dragon is being sold as a "massive, interconnected story." What you're suggesting is that it's not interconnected. That's a shame. If nothing changes, they'll have to do the same for Q3 that they're doing with Wrathstone. But, ZOS could make the upcoming Q3 Dungeon DLC truly interconnected if they could be confidant that people would play through the content— a solo/story mode is one possible way to do just that.
    Options
  • Artim_X
    Artim_X
    ✭✭✭✭✭

True...true...

So "find friends", "find a guild", and "learn to play."

OP laid out why those aren't good answers and others have added even more. And I think what you're hitting at is why people have asked to make Cyrodiil PVE. Why so many dislike Craglorn. Precisely because so much of the content in the game, a game built upon a foundation of rich storytelling, is inaccessible to casual players, players who don't want to group up, players who can't group up, players who just want to make pretty pictures, etc.

We're being sold a year-long story. What you're saying is that the first part of it isn't really significant. Will ZOS do the same for the Q3 Dungeon DLC, make up some insignificant and uncessary part of the story that we should be happy someone else completed for us? You can maybe do that in the prologue to the prologue, but it doesn't seem nearly as good an idea to do that in the middle of rising tension.

Season of the Dragon is being sold as a "massive, interconnected story." What you're suggesting is that it's not interconnected. That's a shame. If nothing changes, they'll have to do the same for Q3 that they're doing with Wrathstone. But, ZOS could make the upcoming Q3 Dungeon DLC truly interconnected if they could be confidant that people would play through the content— a solo/story mode is one possible way to do just that.

You don't need friends or a guild. I run normal dungeons with randoms all the time via the dungeon finder. I wouldn't say l2p, but rather learn a bit about the roles that you can queue for, you don't need trial sets and a crazy high parse for normal mode. If ZOS one day adds a solo story mode for dungeons that'd be cool as I said before I would use it myself, but for now that isn't an option. Giving other players a chance is always an option.
    Electric-Burn/Stun
    • Damage Dealing Build.
    Electric-Heal
    • My Healer Build.
    Electric-Ward
    Electric-Vamp
    Dawnfang
    Duskfang
    PvE Starter Gear
    Race
    Mundus Stones
    Current Champion Points
    Options
  • JayAstrophel
    JayAstrophel
    ✭✭✭✭
    I’m two months into playing this game and have loved every minute of it. Recently I hit cp160 and decided to try and work on a build and do some dungeons and group content. Now at the moment i’m not good enough to do some things in groups but that’s okay! I’m willing to learn. I love the group experience and hope that one day I can participate in all of it!

The dungeons, in particular, are really interesting for me, with the cool bosses and all their mechanics. The one thing I still don’t know about in any of the dungeons i’ve been in, though, is the story. I get some vague hints here and there but if I want to keep up with a group I can’t read it all.

And just going and finding a group in my guilds to go slowly would honestly stress me out a lot - I worry a ton that I’m wasting others’ time if i’m not keeping up with them, even if they’re very kind and say they’re willing to wait for me. Because of that, I know none of the stories in these places.

In short, a solo dungeon mode is a brilliant idea and one I absolutely support. I agree with what others have said - leisurely quest and skill point are reward enough for me for these potential solo ones, as I’m looking forward to running dungeons for gear and the like once I get a bit stronger!
    TAMRIEL MERCENARIES AND ADVENTURERS SOCIETY
    CP460
    level cap characters -
    Aren'dra - khajiit ww stamblade - DPS - sneak-thief wanderer
    still leveling -
    Danara-jo - khajiit vamp magblade - healer - ancient scholar
    Lost-In-His-Wanderings - argonian magplar - healer - melancholy dreamer
    Riin-daro the Returned- khajiit necro - tank - pieced back together
    Paints-the-Skies - argonian magden - DPS - storyteller
    Furrin-ko - khajiit magden - healer - wild at heart
    Completely-Innocent - argonian magdk - DPS - gets into trouble
    Options
  • Mr_Walker
    Mr_Walker
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    You don't need friends or a guild. I run normal dungeons with randoms all the time via the dungeon finder. I wouldn't say l2p, but rather learn a bit about the roles that you can queue for, you don't need trial sets and a crazy high parse for normal mode. If ZOS one day adds a solo story mode for dungeons that'd be cool as I said before I would use it myself, but for now that isn't an option. Giving other players a chance is always an option.

Pugging DLC dungeons is just an exercise in frustration. Even when/if someone knows the mechanics they tend to be uncommunicative.
    Options
  • witchdoctor
    witchdoctor
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Disclaimer: I could care less if a solo mode was included. Personally, I think it should only reward gold and experience, and should only drop the regular trash green and blues. I.E., no set gear, and not even a skill point or skyshard (see below).

That said, I think the reason you won't see a solo mode is evident throughout how the game is designed.

Whether an individual player likes it or not, a frequent design choice is to get players to have to sample outside their comfort zone. Whether it be PVP, PVE, grouping, fishing, housing ... if you want EVERYTHING, you have to play more than just your niche.

I do not think a solo dungeon mode should award a skyshard or skill point simply because there are a number of them that require sampling outside your niche. As the best example: there are skyshards that can only be accessed in PVP whilst the enemy faction's gates are open.

Finally, I think people are over exaggerating the impact upon them of this year's arch. ZOS has made it clear there is no Wrathstone story in the DLC dungeons. Therefore, frankly, players who don't do dungeons for their own story already do not miss out on not doing the Wrathstone DLC's individual stories. E.g., I am pretty sure they are comfortable knowing the Fighter Guild's storyline without having experienced what happened to the expedition in Spindleclutch.

And, yes, my point of view affects me too. As an example, I wouldn't fish in real life, let alone in a video game. But, if for some reason, I wanted those achievements, or if some thing came of it, I'd either have to fish or pass. And I am happy to accept that.
    Options
  • Artim_X
    Artim_X
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Mr_Walker wrote: »

Pugging DLC dungeons is just an exercise in frustration. Even when/if someone knows the mechanics they tend to be uncommunicative.

I'm sorry your experience has been negative, but I'm pretty sure you've never pugged with me. If it's clear the team does not know the mechanics I explain it as briefly as possible. Ex: "when Dranos becomes red he takes no damage till all his shades are dead and if he locks someone down interrupt the shades to save them." Sometimes when I know the dungeon has newbies I'll say "one sec" before a mechanic heavy fight starts so that I can explain the mechanics. There are other players like me who are willing to help others get better and have comfortable runs.
    Electric-Burn/Stun
    • Damage Dealing Build.
    Electric-Heal
    • My Healer Build.
    Electric-Ward
    Electric-Vamp
    Dawnfang
    Duskfang
    PvE Starter Gear
    Race
    Mundus Stones
    Current Champion Points
    Options
  • Linaleah
    Linaleah
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

I'm sorry your experience has been negative, but I'm pretty sure you've never pugged with me. If it's clear the team does not know the mechanics I explain it as briefly as possible. Ex: "when Dranos becomes red he takes no damage till all his shades are dead and if he locks someone down interrupt the shades to save them." Sometimes when I know the dungeon has newbies I'll say "one sec" before a mechanic heavy fight starts so that I can explain the mechanics. There are other players like me who are willing to help others get better and have comfortable runs.

here is the thing and something you all keep missing.

you

and

players

you

can compensate

for the rest of the group

because its not just about mechanics.

when you have a group where at least one person does high damage and can explain mechanics? sure it goes smoothly. you still rarely get to actualy enjoy the story in a pug, but at least you get to finish a dungeon.

but when you have a group of 4 and ALL of you are not high performers? YES its a frustrating experience. you are doing fine, becasue YOU are the one compensating and that's nice and all, but that doesn't guarantee (not even close) that those of us who cannot compensate for the rest of the group will always, or even often get someone like you in our normal dungeons.

and herein lays part of the problem.

but as far as skill point. again. and I will state it again and again. unless they rework it so that you do not depend on luck in that you either get another person who also needs to do the quest, or you luck out and get someone considerate enough not to leave the group until you finished turning in your quest? there should be a skill point in solo version. however, again, its fine if its not part of it AS LONG AS GETTING IT WHILE IN A PUG GROUP IS FIXED. whether its by attaching it to dungeon completion achievement, or extending the 30 second kick timer and making sure that quest progresses even if you don't do all the out of the way steps that pug groups happily run past, while also separating it from solo story , so you can do both the story in solo mode, and group mode skill point version - SOME sort of fix is necessary.
    dirty worthless casual.
    Reputation is what other people know about you. Honor is what you know about yourself. Guard your honor. Let your reputation fall where it will. And outlive the ***
    Lois McMaster Bujold "A Civil Campaign"
    Options
  • witchdoctor
    witchdoctor
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yes, the timer should be more generous, for sure.
    Options
  • Artim_X
    Artim_X
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Linaleah wrote: »

you

and

players

you

can compensate

when you have a group where at least one person does high damage and can explain mechanics? sure it goes smoothly. you still rarely get to actualy enjoy the story in a pug, but at least you get to finish a dungeon.

but when you have a group of 4 and ALL of you are not high performers? YES its a frustrating experience. you are doing fine, becasue YOU are the one compensating and that's nice and all, but that doesn't guarantee (not even close) that those of us who cannot compensate for the rest of the group will always, or even often get someone like you in our normal dungeons.

but as far as skill point. again. and I will state it again and again. unless they rework it so that you do not depend on luck in that you either get another person who also needs to do the quest, or you luck out and get someone considerate enough not to leave the group until you finished turning in your quest? there should be a skill point in solo version. however, again, its fine if its not part of it AS LONG AS GETTING IT WHILE IN A PUG GROUP IS FIXED. whether its by attaching it to dungeon completion achievement, or extending the 30 second kick timer and making sure that quest progresses even if you don't do all the out of the way steps that pug groups happily run past, while also separating it from solo story , so you can do both the story in solo mode, and group mode skill point version - SOME sort of fix is necessary.

When I play a healer I do my lowest damage output and I can keep everyone alive while they are the stars of the show. The damage may be low, but for the most part no one dies and the run is still smooth. Also they can enjoy the story even if I run as a damage dealer cause I can simply slow my roll, which is something I do often.

I do understand your point of having bad luck where you have no one in the group that can keep the group afloat. That's why I like running random normals cause no matter what even if I have to switch roles on the spot I can help get everyone through at their desired pace. If someone is clearly doing the quest I wait until they're finished. If you mention it in chat someone is likely to volunteer to wait afterwards. Although I do agree that you shouldn't be removed from the dungeon till you leave manually. My point is the group finder isn't just filled with jerks and inconsiderate speed demons.
    Electric-Burn/Stun
    • Damage Dealing Build.
    Electric-Heal
    • My Healer Build.
    Electric-Ward
    Electric-Vamp
    Dawnfang
    Duskfang
    PvE Starter Gear
    Race
    Mundus Stones
    Current Champion Points
    Options
  • Linaleah
    Linaleah
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

you

and

players

you

can compensate

When I play a healer I do my lowest damage output and I can keep everyone alive while they are the stars of the show. The damage may be low, but for the most part no one dies and the run is still smooth. Also they can enjoy the story even if I run as a damage dealer cause I can simply slow my roll, which is something I do often.

I do understand your point of having bad luck where you have no one in the group that can keep the group afloat. That's why I like running random normals cause no matter what even if I have to switch roles on the spot I can help get everyone through at their desired pace. If someone is clearly doing the quest I wait until they're finished. If you mention it in chat someone is likely to volunteer to wait afterwards. Although I do agree that you shouldn't be removed from the dungeon till you leave manually. My point is the group finder isn't just filled with jerks and inconsiderate speed demons.

I know its not. I've had decent normal runs, I've had very pleasant normal runs. however - its

inconsistent.

unreliable.

you are gambling with your time.

you may get an awesome group.

or you may get an ok one

or you might get the kind of group that gets you to log out for te day right afterwards, even though you planned to stay online for a while longer, becasue it was so bad, so frustrating, they you don't even want to play anymore that day. (ironically, its rarely with players that are low damage, more often then not its with high dps mavericks that don't care about anyone else, don't way for anyone else and if you ask them to way, they insult you. they are using the queue because they want extra daily reward but everyone else - is just noise to them)

I generally play a healer as well. but even on my dps characters, my damage is low. on my healer? especially in a group where i have to keep frantically healing or people die (and dead dps does NO dps)? my damage beyond pitiful. and amazingly enough, sometimes its still 40% of the group damage. and given how low my damage as a healer is? you can imagine how well THOSE runs go. if its vanilla dungeons, its still doable for the most part, but we hit DLC and it becomes impossible. and the thing is, a lot of times these people with low damage? are very lovely as people. they are just not very good at this damage thing. and its not that they aren't trying, they are. its that its just not enough. so here we all, stuck.

they should learn, you say? what makes you think they haven't tried?
    dirty worthless casual.
    Reputation is what other people know about you. Honor is what you know about yourself. Guard your honor. Let your reputation fall where it will. And outlive the ***
    Lois McMaster Bujold "A Civil Campaign"
    Options
  • Mr_Walker
    Mr_Walker
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭

You appear to be a rarity. Good for you, it's laudable, and I myself always wait until someone has completed the quest (it's obvious if they're doing it), and always without fail ask if anyone needs set gear. Sadly though, you're the exception. I find a good percentage of the time 1-2 people have left group before "Activity Complete" fades from the screen.

And to all the folks who say (you know it's coming) "oh yes but people have run them 500 times"... blah blah blah so what? I have well over 500 keys spread across 8 characters. I've run them 100 times as well. That doesn't give you license to screw up someone else's run. Either someone's running an alt for the skill point, in which case they're out as soon as the talking stops, or it's someone's first time running that dungeon and you've simply made the experience unpleasant for them. There's no need, it's just plain self-centred and inconsiderate. trust me, your time isn't that precious, if it was you wouldn't be sitting on your freckle playing video games.

Rant over, to the main thrust of the topic, the DLC dungeons tend to be so mechanic heavy that pugging them really is an exercise in futility. Without a core group willing to learn/discuss, there seems to be little point unless you like frustration. Don't get me wrong, working these things out can be great fun. I was in a group of beginners one night that all ran CoH2 for the first time, and that 2nd last boss... hooboy, but it was fun working out the mechanics, we were all talking, good times.

I have never had that again. Ever. 500+ undaunted keys, and the number of dungeons where people actually responded on mic even to "hello anyone got ears on" would be no more than 20. So now I just run the "1" non-DLC dungeons. I normally play a sap tank, so if worst comes to worst I can very very lowly solo them.

Options
  • Mr_Walker
    Mr_Walker
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭

I know its not. I've had decent normal runs, I've had very pleasant normal runs. however - its

inconsistent.

unreliable.

you are gambling with your time.

you may get an awesome group.

or you may get an ok one

or you might get the kind of group that gets you to log out for te day right afterwards, even though you planned to stay online for a while longer, becasue it was so bad, so frustrating, they you don't even want to play anymore that day. (ironically, its rarely with players that are low damage, more often then not its with high dps mavericks that don't care about anyone else, don't way for anyone else and if you ask them to way, they insult you. they are using the queue because they want extra daily reward but everyone else - is just noise to them)

I generally play a healer as well. but even on my dps characters, my damage is low. on my healer? especially in a group where i have to keep frantically healing or people die (and dead dps does NO dps)? my damage beyond pitiful. and amazingly enough, sometimes its still 40% of the group damage. and given how low my damage as a healer is? you can imagine how well THOSE runs go. if its vanilla dungeons, its still doable for the most part, but we hit DLC and it becomes impossible. and the thing is, a lot of times these people with low damage? are very lovely as people. they are just not very good at this damage thing. and its not that they aren't trying, they are. its that its just not enough. so here we all, stuck.

they should learn, you say? what makes you think they haven't tried?

One more point in relation to the above... I was in a group that tried nMHK. We couldn't get past the first boss. We moved to nICP, and they absolutely blitzed it. I mean steamrolled it. OK, it;s the easiest of the DLC dungeons, but these guys carved it apart like the bosses were trash mobs. Is there a problem in the new DLC dungeons? Are they over the top for even an above average pug group?
    Options
  • witchdoctor
    witchdoctor
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    One more point in relation to the above... I was in a group that tried nMHK. We couldn't get past the first boss. We moved to nICP, and they absolutely blitzed it. I mean steamrolled it. OK, it;s the easiest of the DLC dungeons, but these guys carved it apart like the bosses were trash mobs. Is there a problem in the new DLC dungeons? Are they over the top for even an above average pug group?

Who knows. A one-off story is a one-off incident.

They did ICP enough to be comfortable?

Weren't paying attention in MHK? The first boss has a mechanic that if ignored will wipe the group.
    Options
  • Mr_Walker
    Mr_Walker
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭

Weren't paying attention in MHK? The first boss has a mechanic that if ignored will wipe the group.

It wiped the group 10 times, and when you're laying down enough damage to cheerfully faceroll ICP, you'd expect some goodness in MHK, right? At the end of the day the core is tank tanks, healer heals, and deeps deep. I don't care anymore. I've given up on the DLC dungeons. I've tried pugging half of them, and all I ever got was frustration with zero finishes (apart from icp and wgt). I play these games for fun, not aggravation. If I want that I deal with the numptys at work.

I'd be happy with baby mode, where I just to run around poking stuff and get the story.
    Options
  • witchdoctor
    witchdoctor
    ✭✭✭✭✭

It wiped the group 10 times, and when you're laying down enough damage to cheerfully faceroll ICP, you'd expect some goodness in MHK, right? At the end of the day the core is tank tanks, healer heals, and deeps deep. I don't care anymore. I've given up on the DLC dungeons. I've tried pugging half of them, and all I ever got was frustration with zero finishes (apart from icp and wgt). I play these games for fun, not aggravation. If I want that I deal with the numptys at work.

I'd be happy with baby mode, where I just to run around poking stuff and get the story.

That's the point, though. The newer DLCs cannot be brute-forced. There is a mechanic, a heavy to be dodged IIRC, that if not, will set a wipe in motion.

So that's why the group failed: it didn't read the cues and perform the mechanic.

EDIT to add: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/425002/moon-hunter-keep-walkthrough-and-guide-spoilers/p1
    Edited by witchdoctor on January 27, 2019 10:07AM
    Options