The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• PC/Mac: NA megaserver for maintenance – April 25, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 2:00PM EDT (18:00 UTC)
https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/comment/8098811/#Comment_8098811

PTS Update 21 - Feedback Thread for Frostvault

ZOS_GinaBruno
ZOS_GinaBruno
Community Manager
This is the official feedback thread for Frostvault. Specific feedback that the team is looking for includes the following:
  • Did you enjoy this new dungeon?
  • How did the difficulty compare to existing dungeons on Normal and Veteran versions?
  • Did you complete Normal or Veteran (or both)?
  • Which was your favorite boss in this dungeon, and why?
  • What level and build was the character you used?
  • Do you have any other general feedback?
Gina Bruno
Senior Community Manager
Dev Tracker | Service Alerts | ESO Twitter | My Twitter
Staff Post
  • Aliyavana
    Aliyavana
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    My feedback for this dungeon is that its pretty unforgiving for a normal dungeon. the attacks from normal mobs that look like ice comets and the bow ult attacks seem a bit excessive and the first boss of the dungeon shouldn't one shot you through that stun as most pugs will not even bother to bash. please make the normal variant of the dungeon easier or I and many other people will be leaving it as soon as it pops in a random normal.

Ok so I gotta give credit that the skeevaton boss fight was some of the most fun I have had. tho I wish the conductors you had to overload had arrows at them and only the lights on the bottom show and I didn't catch up to that for a bit.

Edit: @ZOS_Finn can you add a skeevaton operation journal somewhere before the last boss fight that will show us in order what the skeevaton abilities are? it would be a QOL change to see what the abilities are that way so we don't have to open up our journal and get killed in mouse form
    Edited by Aliyavana on January 23, 2019 6:51AM
  • Aliyavana
    Aliyavana
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    This is more about feedback on the lore and asset reuse of clockwork styled things in dwemer ruins

0sl8v94rfth8.png
    There is literal later model factotum body parts in the frostvault dungeon. Factotums are of sotha sil's design and this is completely unlore friendly to be in this dwemer dungeon. This was near Warlord Tzogvin https://en.uesp.net/wiki/Lore:Factotum https://en.uesp.net/wiki/Lore:Factotum

ns8b21otwby7.png
    0jjw7zyl6a04.png
    k070gro718e6.png
    Also this clockwork sphere just before the last boss is another asset reuse that is ingame specifically refered to as clockwork in design, and is now being reused in a dwemer ruin.

3tpcx4exd48i.png
    There is also some glyphs from the Clockwork city that are used throughout the new dungeon for some reason. Close up of the Glyph used all across Sotha Sil's inventions
    To those of us who are familiar with the differences between Clockwork and Dwemer, some of the clockwork assets look out of place in dwemer ruins. Its fine to reuse assets, but the glyphs featured prominently in the clockwork city are easy to notice when you pay attention to little details. they have been placed to repeat across this new dwemer ruins and well, its one of the things that make the clockwork city unique and its my understanding that while Sotha Sil took inspiration from the dwemer, his style became his own and these symbols are a sign of Sotha Sil's work. The Dwemer have their own style of glyphs, cant they remake the model with dwemeri glyphs instead?

c16yz60mx9g4.png
    Dwemer arches with Clockwork Glyphs, clockwork glyphs also featured on that area to the left

l3rygzmni4kg.png
    Clockwork Glyphs on the area carrying the stonekeeper.

The symbols are also present in the Skeevaton phase on the last boss in Frostvault
    unknown.png

The arches featured in the new frostvault dwemer ruin are pulled straight from the clockwork city and are seen in it's outskirts in the radius. The glyphs on the arches are featured prominently in sotha sil's clockwork city, from the celestialdrome that makes up the sky in the realm, to doors, to gadgets, etc.

tlcuxc7yylkq.png
    Those arches are also becoming a furnishing and are being labeled as dwemer.

0a8z2wezqimc.png
    The same archway in the Clockwork City's radius.

7krw08t2fqpq.png
    On the Clockwork City's various Doors

cab6rap7wtjz.png
    On the Clockwork City's Celestiodrome, notice the markings
    Edited by Aliyavana on February 9, 2019 2:14AM
  • ecru
    ecru
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    This is just me being salty and I know that these aren't meant for solo players but I'm pretty annoyed the first boss of both dungeons have mechanics that stun and kill you, making it near impossible to solo the dungeon on normal. I like soloing through most of the normal DLC dungeons (where I can), but it looks like these might be an exception :/
    Gryphon Heart
    Godslayer
    Dawnbringer
  • Excelsus
    Excelsus
    ✭✭✭✭
    Most fun I've had in a dungeon in awhile. Excellent new enemies, satisfying but not overly tedious challenges and the designs were gorgeous. Greatly enjoyed the last boss fight, the area and mechanics were something new. However I got a bug on my stam sorc when I returned from the skeever area I could not sprint, sneak, weapon swap or use ultimates.
  • The_Auror
    The_Auror
    ✭✭✭
    After defeating Warlord Tzogvin the gate never opened and we couldn't proceed. The mouse?/quest pointer ran under the gate but neither npc offered any dialogue to proceed. Two of us were dead when he died and we were on vet.
  • ZOS_Finn
    ZOS_Finn
    Dungeon, Encounter
    & Monster Lead
    Thanks! We will take a look at those bugs and the damage in normal. Keep it coming :)
    Lead Encounter Designer (Dungeons, Monsters, Encounters)
    Staff Post
  • Yamenstein
    Yamenstein
    ✭✭✭✭
    ecru wrote: »
    This is just me being salty and I know that these aren't meant for solo players but I'm pretty annoyed the first boss of both dungeons have mechanics that stun and kill you, making it near impossible to solo the dungeon on normal. I like soloing through most of the normal DLC dungeons (where I can), but it looks like these might be an exception :/

I think when they balance these dungeons it's for a group of 4. Good luck with soloing these though.
  • Casdha
    Casdha
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I would like to know if this actually has a story tied to the year long theme. To this point it has been all speculation made from statements made on the twitch stream.

Edit: Not asking for spoilers.
    Edited by Casdha on January 22, 2019 4:47AM
    Proud member of the Psijic Order - The first wave - The 0.016%

• code65536
    code65536
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Did you enjoy this new dungeon?
    Yes.
    How did the difficulty compare to existing dungeons on Normal and Veteran versions?
    This dungeon feels substantially harder than previous DLC dungeons.
    Did you complete Normal or Veteran (or both)?
    Vet
    Which was your favorite boss in this dungeon, and why?
    Vault Guardian. Fun new mechanic.
    What level and build was the character you used?
    DK Tank
    Templar DD/Healer (set up as a DD for parts of the dungeon and set up as a healer for the final boss and the Avalanche boss)
    2x Magblade
    Do you have any other general feedback?
    So, my first reaction was one of surprise when I read that the collectibles from the new dungeons are earned from just a vet completion. Ever since the first IC Challenger achievement that rewarded the lovable hoarvor, collectible achievements had required the Challenger, and so I was wondering if you guys had made a typo in the patch notes.

Well, nope, that's not a typo. You really are rewarded with the collectible for just getting through it on vet:
    Screenshot_20190121_201452.png

But now I can see why: Frostvault is, I think, substantially harder than the DB or WH dungeons. I thought that the DB/WH vet dungeons were in a good place difficulty-wise: they were easy enough that with some coaching, I could guide some non-endgame friends from a trade guild through those dungeons, and for endgame players, the challenge was in the hardmodes.

For example, when we first tried vMHK on the PTS, we made it all the way to the final boss without wiping. This was day 1 of PTS, and we were all seeing the fights for the very first time and figuring out mechanics as we went along. In contrast, we wiped in Frostvault. A lot. One or two wipes to Tzogvin, and a number of wipes to both the Vault Protector and Rizzuk.

And then the final boss. This is a tough final boss fight, even on non-HM. Maybe I'm biased from the rotating-fire-telegraph-being-completely-wrong bug, but I think this is noticeably tougher than the vet non-HMs of the DB/WH dungeons.

Anyway, I'm personally happy with the higher difficulty, and I personally like that the main parts of the dungeon are meatier. But I can definitely see this dungeon breaking a lot of the more casual players, and I suspect that this dungeon will see lower rates of completion relative to other DLC dungeons.

Now for boss-specific feedback:

Vault Protector:
    Making the two ends of the laser beam more distinct would help. In the heat of the moment, having to slow down and take an extra second to process which end of the laser is the gun and which end is the termination is not ideal. Could you vary the color? E.g., have the beam be a stronger color at the origin end and have it fade out a bit at the termination end, so it's easier to visually process which end is which?

The Ricochet Wave from the spheres seem pretty excessive. Imagine this: to one side of me is the boss in its shell. To the other side is a hostile AoE left by an add. And the laser is sweeping, so I'm kinda trapped in that position. And, oh hey, there's that ground attack from the sphere headed towards me that will 1-shot me for over 18K damage, and I can't sidestep it.

Rizzuk/Avalanche:
    What is going on in this fight? We wiped on it half a dozen times. We beat it. And we still have no clue what the mechanics are. This is a very confusing fight. For example, what is that ball that's chasing me and what am I supposed to do with it? It looks like something I should avoid, so I'll run away from it, but I have no idea if that's even the right thing to do. Why are we getting frozen solid now and then--is that unavoidable or punishment for failing some poorly-understood mechanic? Why is there a giant area-denying ground AoE that spawns seemingly randomly towards the latter stages of the fight?

None of it is particularly intuitive. And this brings me to another gripe that I have: inconsistent level of telegraphing. In one corner, you have boss fights where the mechanics are just shoved in your face. E.g., on the Lurcher boss in MHK, the NPC yells out every mechanic. "Kill the Spriggans!" "Don't get hit by that cone!" I just want to kill that NPC because she just wouldn't shut up. Not only do we not need to be told about a mechanic a million times, but the mechanics on that fight are pretty self-evident. Yes, I kinda figured that the red cone is bad without you telling me for the 684th time. Similarly, on the final boss for Frostvault, our NPC keeps telling us to kill the arms. Gee, really? Not only is it kinda obvious, but I really don't need to be told about it during the third phase of the fight after we had already successfully done that mechanic twice.

Now contrast that with Rizzuk. You have mechanics that are not entirely self-explanatory. And there's nothing to guide you or to give you a hint. I'd like a more consistent level of telegraphing across encounters and less of this feast-or-famine, please.

Anyway, we ended up having the healer tank/kite Avalanche away from Rizzuk while we just killed Rizzuk. It seemed to work fairly well. No idea, though, if that's how you intended for people to approach the fight, since we still don't understand what's going on in that fight.

BUG (?): There were two times (in two separate pulls) when my bars just froze during the Rizzuk fight. I couldn't bar swap. It persisted even after leaving combat and was fixed only by unequipping and reequipping gear. I'm not sure what caused it, though. If I had to venture a guess, I would say maybe getting frozen/stunned while bar swapping? But that's just a guess.

Assembly General's Half Brother:
    The Skeevaton mechanic is kinda fun. Though I suspect that I will find it annoying once the novelty wears off.

The bug where the rotating fire damage is completely wrong relative to the visual effect made the fight substantially harder, to the point where even non-HM was a wipefest, so we just did non-HM.
    Edited by code65536 on January 22, 2019 1:17PM
    Nightfighters ― PC/NA and PC/EU

Dungeons and Trials:
    Personal best scores:
    Dungeon trifectas:
    Media: YouTubeTwitch
  • Artim_X
    Artim_X
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Casdha wrote: »
    I would like to know if this actually has a story tied to the year long theme. To this point it has been all speculation made from statements made on the twitch stream.

Edit: Not asking for spoilers.

It is connected to the prologue of the next chapter. However, if dungeons aren't your thing you can still start the prologue and the dialogue of a certain NPC that you meet in the dungeons will make it seem like you already completed them (don't even have to interact with this npc at the start of the prologue), since completing them is technically part of the story.
    (AD) Artim X/Xirtām/Måtrix |PC/NA| Casual staff wielding vampire sorcerer/templar/arcanist
    Electric-Burn/Stun
    https://media.giphy.com/media/Av0zcKH3i2BkaY1GXW/giphy.gif/https://c.tenor.com/jQHdFftrgwMAAAAC/tenor.gif
    • Damage Dealing Build.
    • Gear: 5 Infallible Aether (All apparel light and Divines with Max Mag Enchants), 1 Slimecraw Guise for max spell critical (Divines, light, Max Mag Enchants), Maelstrom's Perfected Inferno/Lightning Staff (infused/shock enchant), and Rage of the Ursauk jewelry (bloodthirsty with spell damage enchant)/lightning staff (infused/flame/weapon damage enchant). 1 Mora's Whispers.
    • Ability-Bar 1: Critical Surge, Boundless Storm, Mages' Wrath, Lightning Flood, Twilight Tormentor (Twilight Matriarch for solo roleplay variant of build), and Power Overload.
    • Ability-Bar 2: Crushing Shock/Storm Pulsar, Streak, Flame/Shock Reach, Unstable Wall of Fire/Storms, Twilight Tormentor (Twilight Matriarch for solo roleplay variant of build) and Fiery/Thunderous Rage.
    Electric-Heal
    https://media.giphy.com/media/5ibGIHneWS6ek/giphy.gif
    • My Healer Build.
    • Gear: 5 Spell Power Cure (All apparel light and Divines with Max Mag Enchants), 1 Slimecraw Guise for max spell critical (Divines, light, Max Mag Enchants), Maelstrom's Perfected Lightning Staff (Charged/shock enchant), and Infallible Aether jewelry (arcane with spell damage enchant)/restoration staff (Powered with absorb magicka enchant). 1 Mora's Whispers.
    • Ability-Bar 1: Power Surge, Boundless Storm, Blessing of Restoration, Energy Orb, Twilight Matriarch, and Replenishing Barrier.
    • Ability-Bar 2: Dark Deal, Overflowing Altar, Elemental Drain, Blockade of Storms, Twilight Matriarch, and Aggressive Horn.
    Electric-Ward
    https://media.giphy.com/media/Wa0TGmtDvwW3e/giphy.gif
    • My Meme Tank Build that uses high resistance and variety of wards.
    • Gear: 5 Brands of Imperium (All body pieces except Head and Shoulders, with Divine trait, and with Prismatic Defense Enchants), full Mother Ciannait's (1 light and 1 medium. Divines and Max Mag Enchant), and Combat Physician jewelry (bloodthirsty with Prismatic Recovery Enchants), CP restoration staff (Infused with hardening enchant), and CP ice staff (Infused with crusher enchant).
    • Ability-Bar 1: Critical Surge, Bound Aegis, Deep Thoughts, Boundless Storm, Healing Ward, and Replenishing Barrier.
    • Ability-Bar 2: Silver Leash (Elemental Drain if healer isn't running it), Bound Aegis, Frost Clench, Blockade of Frost, Empowered Ward, and Temporal Guard.
    Electric-Vamp
    https://media.giphy.com/media/ukDQiYZzRAxMZKcK86/giphy.gif
    • Tanky stage 4 vampire utility focused PvP healer that can take down very inexperienced players but is primarily focused on working alongside others in an organized group, PUGs, or zergs.
    • Gear: 5 Torug's Pact for regular and NoCP build/Oblivion's Foe for dot build (medium chest and body pieces light. All Impenetrable. Max Mag Enchants). Gaze of Sithis and 1 light Mighty Chudan/Pirate Skeleton (light shoulders, and impenetrable with Max Mag Enchants). Knight Slayer/Pariah jewelry/Plaguebreak for dot build (bloodthirsty with spell damage enchant)/lightning staff (infused with oblivion enchant for regular and noCP build/absorb magicka enchant and Sharpened for dot build. Sharpened for dot build)/restoration staff (infused with oblivion enchant regular and noCP build/absorb magicka enchant and Sharpened for dot build).
    • Ability-Bar 1: Structured Entropy, Boundless Storm, Soul Splitting Trap, Radiating Regeneration, Healing Ward, and Life Giver.
    • Ability-Bar 2: Drain Vigor (Elemental Susceptibility), Race Against Time, Rune Cage, Radiant Magelight, Empowered Ward, and Shatter Soul.
    Dawnfang
    https://media.tenor.com/ogWfvDdsqBIAAAAd/anime-black-clover.gif
    • My casual one bar heavy attack Templar build that only utilizes Aedric Spear abilities.
    • Gear: 5 Infallible Aether (Head or Shoulder and body pieces except Chest. All body pieces Divines with Max Mag Enchants), 1 Slimecraw Guise for max spell critical (Divines, light, Max Mag Enchant), Lightning Staff of the Sergeant (Infused/shock enchant), and Sergeant's Mail jewelry (One Ring and one Neck. Both bloodthirsty with spell damage enchant). 1 Oakensoul Ring (bloodthirsty with spell damage enchant).
    • Ability-Bar 1: Puncturing Sweep, Aurora Javelin, Toppling Charge, Blazing Spear, Radiant Ward, and Crescent Sweep.
    Duskfang
    https://media.tenor.com/Jo8aG_ouy_oAAAAd/ac-odyssey.gif
    • Tanky stage 4 vampire utility focused PvP healer that can take down very inexperienced players but is primarily focused on working alongside others in an organized group, PUGs, or zergs.
    • Gear: 5 Torug's Pact (Heavy Chest with light Head, Waist, Hands, and Feet. All body pieces Impenetrable. Health enchant on head and everything else Magicka Enchants), 1 Medium Mighty Chudan/Pirate Skeleton Shoulder (Impenetrable, Max Health Enchant), Knight Slayer Restoration Staff (Infused/Decrease Health enchant/Stealth-Draining Poison IX), and Knight Slayer jewelry (One Ring and one Neck. Both bloodthirsty with spell damage enchant). 1 Oakensoul Ring (bloodthirsty with Spell Damage Enchant).
    • Ability-Bar 1:Radiant Oppression, Race Against Time, Aurora Javelin, Breath of Life, Resolving Vigor, and Life Giver (Shatter Soul).
    PvE Starter Gear
    https://media.giphy.com/media/6CovzgyTig7M4/giphy.gif
    • Gear: 5 Law of Julianos (heavy chest, gloves/belt light, and the rest can be light or 1 medium piece if you're not wearing medium anywhere else on your body. All in training if grinding for XP or divines), Armor of the Seducer or Magnus' Gift head, shoulder, and staves (light with 1 medium piece if you are not already wearing 1 medium Julianos piece. All in training or divines. The staves should be training or infused), and 3 purple Willpower Jewelry with Arcane trait (can be bought from trading guilds for relatively cheap.
    • Check tamrieltradecentre.com for the best deals if you're not using a price checking addon).
    Race
    https://media.giphy.com/media/sdEkeWpiaGz0A/giphy.gif
    • High elf, since you will not have issues with sustain, but other mag based races are also fine so this is more of a personal choice.
    Mundus Stones
    https://media.giphy.com/media/cT3wMhLGQWdKU/giphy.gif
    • PvP: The Lover for penetration when playing a sorc or temp.
    • PvE Healing/Damage: The Thief for decent crit rate.
    • PvE Tanking: The Lady to get close to resistance cap.
    Current Champion Points
    https://media.giphy.com/media/l4FGDAx6u3hthMhgI/giphy.gif
    • DPS Sorc: Shadowstrike/ Master Gatherer, Meticulous Disassembly/Plentiful Harvest, Steed's Blessing, Sustaining Shadows, Exploiter, Weapons Expert, Biting Aura, Thaumaturge, Celerity, Rejuvenation, Fortified, Boundless Vitality.
    • Healer Sorc: Shadowstrike/ Master Gatherer, Meticulous Disassembly/Plentiful Harvest, Steed's Blessing, Sustaining Shadows, Enlivening Overflow, Hope Infusion, Weapon's Expert, Arcane Supremacy, Celerity, Rejuvenation, Fortified, Boundless Vitality.
    • Tanky Sorc: Shadowstrike/ Master Gatherer, Meticulous Disassembly/Plentiful Harvest, Steed's Blessing, Sustaining Shadows, Ironclad, Enduring Resolve, Reinforced, Duelist's Rebuff, Bastion, Ward Master, Rejuvenation, Fortified.
    • PvP Sorc: Shadowstrike/ Master Gatherer, Meticulous Disassembly/Plentiful Harvest, Steed's Blessing, Sustaining Shadows, Enlivening Overflow, Weapon's Expert, Occult Overload, Arcane Supremacy, Bastion, Rejuvenation, Fortified, Boundless Vitality.
    • PvE Temp: Shadowstrike/ Master Gatherer, Meticulous Disassembly/Plentiful Harvest, Steed's Blessing, Sustaining Shadows, Fighting Finesse, Master-at-Arms, Weapons Expert, Biting Aura, Celerity, Rejuvenation, Fortified, Boundless Vitality.
    • PvP Temp: Shadowstrike/ Master Gatherer, Meticulous Disassembly/Plentiful Harvest, Steed's Blessing, Sustaining Shadows, Enlivening Overflow, Weapon's Expert, From the Brink, Arcane Supremacy, Celerity, Rejuvenation, Fortified, Boundless Vitality.
    Favorite Foods and Potions
    https://media.giphy.com/media/3otPoTggaYFNd1FdAI/giphy.gif
    • Parse Food for PvE:(DPS) Ghastly Eye Bowl (increases Max Magicka by 4592 and Magicka Recovery by 459 for 2 hours).
    • Gold/Purple Food for Sorc PvP and Meme Tanking:(PvP) Clockwork Citrus Filet (increases Max Health by 3326, Health Recovery by 406 [useful if stage 1 vampire], Max Magicka by 3080, and Magicka Recovery by 338 for 2 hours). Witchmother's Potent Brew (Increase Max Magicka by 2856, Max Health by 3094, and Magicka Recovery by 315 for 2 hours.
    • Trash Potions when feeling cheap: Regular CP150 Essence of Magicka pots that I obtain frequently from playing the game or Crown Tri-Restoration Potion obtained from dailies.
    • Crafted Potions: Essence of Spell Critical (Bugloss, Lady's Smock, and Water Hyacinth). Without magelight this is my primary means of obtaining Major Prophecy on my Sorc, which increases my Spell Critical Rating. This also heals and restores magicka. Essence of Immovability (Columbine, Corn Flower, and Wormwood). I use this in PvP, since this gives me stealth detection, knockback immunity, and restores magicka (better to use it when competent allies are nearby, since it might reveal that you are surrounded by multiple players in stealth and you will not have an emergency pot available after use). Essence of Invisibility with only 2 ingredients (Blue Entoloma, Namira's Rot, Nirnroot, or Spider Egg). I use this in PvE content that requires stealth and if I need more speed I'll use Rapid Maneuver before using the potion. Essence of Invisibility with 3 ingredients (Blessed Thistle, Blue Entoloma, and Namira's Rot). Very useful in PvP alongside the vampire Dark Stalker passive, since you'll be invisible, ignore movement speed penalty while in Crouch, and you'll have a 30% movement speed boost from Major Expedition (I always have this slotted when riding from point A to B in PvP land, since gankers are always lurking). My templar will mostly use Essence of Health (Tri-Stat Potion) Ingredients: (Mountain Flower, Columbine, and Bugloss).
  • Casdha
    Casdha
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    And this is why folks are upset about this year long theme. Although, from what I did see of the story I suspect it is more of a marketing flub than actually missing anything interesting as it relates to the main story, but then again I only got this far so I can't say for sure. Needless to say, no soloing from me, I couldn't avoid or break the stun that came with this.

51265815_10218348334204949_7037739660403015680_o.jpg?_nc_cat=103&_nc_ht=scontent-ort2-2.xx&oh=083cd572a042e533ebb4b73ad0de8026&oe=5CBECEF1
    Edited by Casdha on January 22, 2019 3:02PM
    Proud member of the Psijic Order - The first wave - The 0.016%

• ZOS_Finn
    ZOS_Finn
    Dungeon, Encounter
    & Monster Lead
    The story is connected to the Season of the Dragon in that, assisting Tharayya in getting both halves of the Wrathstone tablet in Frostvault and Depths of Malatar provides context for how Abnur Tharn has them in the prologue quest. If you do not do the Dungeons, that's fine, some other adventurers helped him... but if you did, its an awesome pay off to see your hard work in the Dungeons with your friends be rewarded with a cool story element, don't you think? It's not something that has happened before and we are excited to finally bring this experience to players who enjoy our group content.
    Lead Encounter Designer (Dungeons, Monsters, Encounters)
    Staff Post
  • profundidob16_ESO
    profundidob16_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ZOS_Finn wrote: »
    The story is connected to the Season of the Dragon in that, assisting Tharayya in getting both halves of the Wrathstone tablet in Frostvault and Depths of Malatar provides context for how Abnur Tharn has them in the prologue quest. If you do not do the Dungeons, that's fine, some other adventurers helped him... but if you did, its an awesome pay off to see your hard work in the Dungeons with your friends be rewarded with a cool story element, don't you think? It's not something that has happened before and we are excited to finally bring this experience to players who enjoy our group content.

Don't trust Tharayya ! In the dungeon she said to me personally that she "only wanted to keep artifacts of historical importance and I could keep all treasures and loot" but Abnur Tharn ratted in his prologue dialogue that "she had charged him a fortune" for the 2 wrathstone halves....
    Edited by profundidob16_ESO on January 22, 2019 4:55PM
  • Reistr_the_Unbroken
    Reistr_the_Unbroken
    ✭✭✭✭✭

This is a pretty bad idea to lock part of a story behind a dungeon DLC that many of us will never do, especially if “Normal mode” is equivalent to that of Vet mode, or being even more difficult IMO
  • myskyrim26
    myskyrim26
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Dear @ZOS_Finn
    I'm sorry, but you you totally miss one very important thing about a story being a so-called "reward". There are 2 types of players here:
    - players of type 1 are interested in COMBAT aspect of ESO. They work on their builds, the run 4-player dungeons for achievements, new gear, new monster sets, motifs and etc. THEY DON'T CARE ABOUT THE STORY. They skip dialogues, they never even look around to appreciate a great job done on the environment. They are CLOSING CONTENT. THE DON"T NEED YOUR STORIES. They don't care.

- players of type 2 are interested in STORY AND LORE aspect of ESO. They NEVER DO DUNGEONS. Because they can't do them. Because it is impossible to do a story in a team. A lot of comments from such players are here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/453375/solo-dungeon-mode-please/p1 WE, STORY-ORIENTED PLAYERS NEED THIS STORY, NOT PLAYERS WHO SPEEDRUN AND CHALLENGE HARDMODES.
  • macsmooth
    macsmooth
    ✭✭✭✭
    Isolating a large player base by locking story content is a bad move, eso has always been a great story telling but this isolation is not good

I couldn’t tell you what any of the stories are from previous dlc and non dlc dungeons are so I won’t know this story in full either it will be patch work story mode like this

Only people that will know the story content is pre made groups of friends, pugs will never see the story they don’t care about other people and just want to get the run done

I will be in the pug bit getting the dungeon done but never to know why I am doing the dungeon
  • crjs1
    crjs1
    ✭✭✭✭✭

With respect this completely misses the point. Many of us do not want to miss any part of the story - even if it is context - and that is what this DLC does for solo players. Especially as this is the start of the year long story. Surely the main story (context and all) should be completable by all player types including us soloists?
  • Aliyavana
    Aliyavana
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Normal dlc dungeons should honestly be very noob friendly. This dungeon and the other wrathstone one will be important to the story
  • Artim_X
    Artim_X
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I love the new dungeons and I look forward to helping my guildmates complete them at their own pace. Everyone in the random group I did it with loved the art direction and some fights were very interesting.

Although for me personally, I wish normal mode allowed you to break free from mechanics that require another person to save you. Before looking for a group I tried to solo it and just like @ecru I felt quite salty after being killed by the first boss.
    (AD) Artim X/Xirtām/Måtrix |PC/NA| Casual staff wielding vampire sorcerer/templar/arcanist
    Electric-Burn/Stun
    https://media.giphy.com/media/Av0zcKH3i2BkaY1GXW/giphy.gif/https://c.tenor.com/jQHdFftrgwMAAAAC/tenor.gif
    • Damage Dealing Build.
    • Gear: 5 Infallible Aether (All apparel light and Divines with Max Mag Enchants), 1 Slimecraw Guise for max spell critical (Divines, light, Max Mag Enchants), Maelstrom's Perfected Inferno/Lightning Staff (infused/shock enchant), and Rage of the Ursauk jewelry (bloodthirsty with spell damage enchant)/lightning staff (infused/flame/weapon damage enchant). 1 Mora's Whispers.
    • Ability-Bar 1: Critical Surge, Boundless Storm, Mages' Wrath, Lightning Flood, Twilight Tormentor (Twilight Matriarch for solo roleplay variant of build), and Power Overload.
    • Ability-Bar 2: Crushing Shock/Storm Pulsar, Streak, Flame/Shock Reach, Unstable Wall of Fire/Storms, Twilight Tormentor (Twilight Matriarch for solo roleplay variant of build) and Fiery/Thunderous Rage.
    Electric-Heal
    • My Healer Build.
    • Gear: 5 Spell Power Cure (All apparel light and Divines with Max Mag Enchants), 1 Slimecraw Guise for max spell critical (Divines, light, Max Mag Enchants), Maelstrom's Perfected Lightning Staff (Charged/shock enchant), and Infallible Aether jewelry (arcane with spell damage enchant)/restoration staff (Powered with absorb magicka enchant). 1 Mora's Whispers.
    • Ability-Bar 1: Power Surge, Boundless Storm, Blessing of Restoration, Energy Orb, Twilight Matriarch, and Replenishing Barrier.
    • Ability-Bar 2: Dark Deal, Overflowing Altar, Elemental Drain, Blockade of Storms, Twilight Matriarch, and Aggressive Horn.
    Electric-Ward
    • Gear: 5 Brands of Imperium (All body pieces except Head and Shoulders, with Divine trait, and with Prismatic Defense Enchants), full Mother Ciannait's (1 light and 1 medium. Divines and Max Mag Enchant), and Combat Physician jewelry (bloodthirsty with Prismatic Recovery Enchants), CP restoration staff (Infused with hardening enchant), and CP ice staff (Infused with crusher enchant).
    • Ability-Bar 1: Critical Surge, Bound Aegis, Deep Thoughts, Boundless Storm, Healing Ward, and Replenishing Barrier.
    • Ability-Bar 2: Silver Leash (Elemental Drain if healer isn't running it), Bound Aegis, Frost Clench, Blockade of Frost, Empowered Ward, and Temporal Guard.
    Electric-Vamp
    • Gear: 5 Torug's Pact for regular and NoCP build/Oblivion's Foe for dot build (medium chest and body pieces light. All Impenetrable. Max Mag Enchants). Gaze of Sithis and 1 light Mighty Chudan/Pirate Skeleton (light shoulders, and impenetrable with Max Mag Enchants). Knight Slayer/Pariah jewelry/Plaguebreak for dot build (bloodthirsty with spell damage enchant)/lightning staff (infused with oblivion enchant for regular and noCP build/absorb magicka enchant and Sharpened for dot build. Sharpened for dot build)/restoration staff (infused with oblivion enchant regular and noCP build/absorb magicka enchant and Sharpened for dot build).
    • Ability-Bar 1: Structured Entropy, Boundless Storm, Soul Splitting Trap, Radiating Regeneration, Healing Ward, and Life Giver.
    • Ability-Bar 2: Drain Vigor (Elemental Susceptibility), Race Against Time, Rune Cage, Radiant Magelight, Empowered Ward, and Shatter Soul.
    Dawnfang
    • My casual one bar heavy attack Templar build that only utilizes Aedric Spear abilities.
    • Gear: 5 Infallible Aether (Head or Shoulder and body pieces except Chest. All body pieces Divines with Max Mag Enchants), 1 Slimecraw Guise for max spell critical (Divines, light, Max Mag Enchant), Lightning Staff of the Sergeant (Infused/shock enchant), and Sergeant's Mail jewelry (One Ring and one Neck. Both bloodthirsty with spell damage enchant). 1 Oakensoul Ring (bloodthirsty with spell damage enchant).
    • Ability-Bar 1: Puncturing Sweep, Aurora Javelin, Toppling Charge, Blazing Spear, Radiant Ward, and Crescent Sweep.
    Duskfang
    • Gear: 5 Torug's Pact (Heavy Chest with light Head, Waist, Hands, and Feet. All body pieces Impenetrable. Health enchant on head and everything else Magicka Enchants), 1 Medium Mighty Chudan/Pirate Skeleton Shoulder (Impenetrable, Max Health Enchant), Knight Slayer Restoration Staff (Infused/Decrease Health enchant/Stealth-Draining Poison IX), and Knight Slayer jewelry (One Ring and one Neck. Both bloodthirsty with spell damage enchant). 1 Oakensoul Ring (bloodthirsty with Spell Damage Enchant).
    • Ability-Bar 1:Radiant Oppression, Race Against Time, Aurora Javelin, Breath of Life, Resolving Vigor, and Life Giver (Shatter Soul).
    PvE Starter Gear
    • Gear: 5 Law of Julianos (heavy chest, gloves/belt light, and the rest can be light or 1 medium piece if you're not wearing medium anywhere else on your body. All in training if grinding for XP or divines), Armor of the Seducer or Magnus' Gift head, shoulder, and staves (light with 1 medium piece if you are not already wearing 1 medium Julianos piece. All in training or divines. The staves should be training or infused), and 3 purple Willpower Jewelry with Arcane trait (can be bought from trading guilds for relatively cheap.
    • Check tamrieltradecentre.com for the best deals if you're not using a price checking addon).
    Race
    • High elf, since you will not have issues with sustain, but other mag based races are also fine so this is more of a personal choice.
    Mundus Stones
    Current Champion Points
    • DPS Sorc: Shadowstrike/ Master Gatherer, Meticulous Disassembly/Plentiful Harvest, Steed's Blessing, Sustaining Shadows, Exploiter, Weapons Expert, Biting Aura, Thaumaturge, Celerity, Rejuvenation, Fortified, Boundless Vitality.
    • Healer Sorc: Shadowstrike/ Master Gatherer, Meticulous Disassembly/Plentiful Harvest, Steed's Blessing, Sustaining Shadows, Enlivening Overflow, Hope Infusion, Weapon's Expert, Arcane Supremacy, Celerity, Rejuvenation, Fortified, Boundless Vitality.
    • Tanky Sorc: Shadowstrike/ Master Gatherer, Meticulous Disassembly/Plentiful Harvest, Steed's Blessing, Sustaining Shadows, Ironclad, Enduring Resolve, Reinforced, Duelist's Rebuff, Bastion, Ward Master, Rejuvenation, Fortified.
    • PvP Sorc: Shadowstrike/ Master Gatherer, Meticulous Disassembly/Plentiful Harvest, Steed's Blessing, Sustaining Shadows, Enlivening Overflow, Weapon's Expert, Occult Overload, Arcane Supremacy, Bastion, Rejuvenation, Fortified, Boundless Vitality.
    • PvE Temp: Shadowstrike/ Master Gatherer, Meticulous Disassembly/Plentiful Harvest, Steed's Blessing, Sustaining Shadows, Fighting Finesse, Master-at-Arms, Weapons Expert, Biting Aura, Celerity, Rejuvenation, Fortified, Boundless Vitality.
    • PvP Temp: Shadowstrike/ Master Gatherer, Meticulous Disassembly/Plentiful Harvest, Steed's Blessing, Sustaining Shadows, Enlivening Overflow, Weapon's Expert, From the Brink, Arcane Supremacy, Celerity, Rejuvenation, Fortified, Boundless Vitality.
    • Parse Food for PvE:(DPS) Ghastly Eye Bowl (increases Max Magicka by 4592 and Magicka Recovery by 459 for 2 hours).
    • Gold/Purple Food for Sorc PvP and Meme Tanking:(PvP) Clockwork Citrus Filet (increases Max Health by 3326, Health Recovery by 406 [useful if stage 1 vampire], Max Magicka by 3080, and Magicka Recovery by 338 for 2 hours). Witchmother's Potent Brew (Increase Max Magicka by 2856, Max Health by 3094, and Magicka Recovery by 315 for 2 hours.
    • Trash Potions when feeling cheap: Regular CP150 Essence of Magicka pots that I obtain frequently from playing the game or Crown Tri-Restoration Potion obtained from dailies.
    • Crafted Potions: Essence of Spell Critical (Bugloss, Lady's Smock, and Water Hyacinth). Without magelight this is my primary means of obtaining Major Prophecy on my Sorc, which increases my Spell Critical Rating. This also heals and restores magicka. Essence of Immovability (Columbine, Corn Flower, and Wormwood). I use this in PvP, since this gives me stealth detection, knockback immunity, and restores magicka (better to use it when competent allies are nearby, since it might reveal that you are surrounded by multiple players in stealth and you will not have an emergency pot available after use). Essence of Invisibility with only 2 ingredients (Blue Entoloma, Namira's Rot, Nirnroot, or Spider Egg). I use this in PvE content that requires stealth and if I need more speed I'll use Rapid Maneuver before using the potion. Essence of Invisibility with 3 ingredients (Blessed Thistle, Blue Entoloma, and Namira's Rot). Very useful in PvP alongside the vampire Dark Stalker passive, since you'll be invisible, ignore movement speed penalty while in Crouch, and you'll have a 30% movement speed boost from Major Expedition (I always have this slotted when riding from point A to B in PvP land, since gankers are always lurking). My templar will mostly use Essence of Health (Tri-Stat Potion) Ingredients: (Mountain Flower, Columbine, and Bugloss).
  • myskyrim26
    myskyrim26
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    If you do not do the Dungeons, that's fine

I have an idea for a next dungeon DLC: it is a book that describes a combat with some nasty creatures and their horrific boss. A very captivating story: a tank taunts the beast! The first DD strikes him with his lightning stuff! A healer heals! The second DD strikes the beast with his bow!

Why not? This is just the same way as we are treated now - lore-loving players should feel "fine" about someone else doing a story, not they...

Edited by myskyrim26 on January 22, 2019 6:52PM
  • eso_nya
    eso_nya
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Artim_X wrote: »
    I love the new dungeons and I look forward to helping my guildmates complete them at their own pace. Everyone in the random group I did it with loved the art direction and some fights were very interesting.

Although for me personally, I wish normal mode allowed you to break free from mechanics that require another person to save you. Before looking for a group I tried to solo it and just like @ecru I felt quite salty after being killed by the first boss.

tbh, its nice when the first boss is the showstopper. back than i crawled thru bloodrootforge more dead than alive, to end up getting shackle stun killed by the mino. was very dissappointing after getting this far. also very surprising when ppl forced me to run thru with them and i found out this wasnt the last boss xD
    myskyrim26 wrote: »
    If you do not do the Dungeons, that's fine

I have an idea for a next dungeon DLC: it is a book that describes a combat with some nasty creatures and their horrific boss. A very captivating story: a tank taunts the beast! The first DD strikes him with his lightning stuff! A healer heals! The second DD strikes the beast with his bow!

Why not? This is just the same way as we are treated now - lore-loving players should feel "fine" about someone else doing a story, not they...

I vote for make a comic!
    Edited by eso_nya on January 22, 2019 7:02PM
  • Karavis3
    Karavis3
    ✭✭
    I want to play the story even if it's only context but I have no friends to play with (the only one I know that plays ESO is on Xbox whhile I'm on PC) and as people have mentioned PUG Groups tend not to stick around for the story. Besides, I would be uncomfortable playing in a group of people I don't know - especially since I would probably only be in the way or a burden.

Could you maybe make a lower difficulty for those of us that don't have anyone to play with or that just want to see the story and environment? You don't even need to include and sets or such. Just keep the drops at the same level as a delve.

If not, then I'll have to hope someone puts it on Youtube with the full dialogues.
  • Artim_X
    Artim_X
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    eso_nya wrote: »
    Artim_X wrote: »

tbh, its nice when the first boss is the showstopper. back than i craled thru bloodrootforge more dead than alive, to end up getting shackle stun killed by the mino. was very dissappointing after getting this far. also very surprising when ppl forced me to run thru with them and i found out this wasnt the last boss xD

That's a good point I rather know at onset that something should not be done solo instead of wasting a lot of time and effort.
    Electric-Burn/Stun
    • Damage Dealing Build.
    Electric-Heal
    • My Healer Build.
    Electric-Ward
    Electric-Vamp
    Dawnfang
    Duskfang
    PvE Starter Gear
    Race
    Mundus Stones
    Current Champion Points
  • ecru
    ecru
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yamenstein wrote: »
    ecru wrote: »

I think when they balance these dungeons it's for a group of 4. Good luck with soloing these though.

Yeah I know, mechanics like that are just annoying. I can solo most other dlc dungeons on Normal :) Recently March of Sacrifices is pretty fun solo.
    myskyrim26 wrote: »

Dear @ZOS_Finn
    I'm sorry, but you you totally miss one very important thing about a story being a so-called "reward". There are 2 types of players here:
    - players of type 1 are interested in COMBAT aspect of ESO. They work on their builds, the run 4-player dungeons for achievements, new gear, new monster sets, motifs and etc. THEY DON'T CARE ABOUT THE STORY. They skip dialogues, they never even look around to appreciate a great job done on the environment. They are CLOSING CONTENT. THE DON"T NEED YOUR STORIES. They don't care.

- players of type 2 are interested in STORY AND LORE aspect of ESO. They NEVER DO DUNGEONS. Because they can't do them. Because it is impossible to do a story in a team. A lot of comments from such players are here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/453375/solo-dungeon-mode-please/p1 WE, STORY-ORIENTED PLAYERS NEED THIS STORY, NOT PLAYERS WHO SPEEDRUN AND CHALLENGE HARDMODES.

This is why I like doing the dungeons solo. Obviously I can clear them on vet and get the hardmode achieves and whatnot, and that part is nice too, but initially I would like to be able to solo through them on normal. It's not a huge deal, but to players who really don't like doing dungeons with other players at all, I can see how it could be a problem because a whole lot of story is tied up in the numerous dungeon quests
    Karavis3 wrote: »
    I want to play the story even if it's only context but I have no friends to play with (the only one I know that plays ESO is on Xbox whhile I'm on PC) and as people have mentioned PUG Groups tend not to stick around for the story. Besides, I would be uncomfortable playing in a group of people I don't know - especially since I would probably only be in the way or a burden.

Could you maybe make a lower difficulty for those of us that don't have anyone to play with or that just want to see the story and environment? You don't even need to include and sets or such. Just keep the drops at the same level as a delve.

If not, then I'll have to hope someone puts it on Youtube with the full dialogues.

Basically, the difficulty wouldn't have to be "lowered", you would just have to be allowed to break free from mechanics that guarantee your death. I understand why ZOS wouldn't be willing to do this, but it would be nice if it were possible.
    Edited by ecru on January 22, 2019 7:56PM
    Gryphon Heart
    Godslayer
    Dawnbringer
  • Recremen
    Recremen
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

As someone who enjoys both the single-player story content AND the amazing group content this game provides, yeah, this definitely sounds great!
    Men'Do PC NA AD Khajiit
    Grand High Illustrious Mid-Tier PvP/PvE Bussmunster
  • CyberOnEso
    CyberOnEso
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I completed Frostvault on vet and here are my thoughts,

Overall, it is the one of the best dungeons ever added to the game- the last boss mechanics were really fun and added alot to the enjoyment of the dungeon.

The trash fights were handled well, there was never too much trash between any two bosses, which I really apreciated. And the dungeon felt like it was of a good length.

For boss feedback I am going to preface this by saying we were a group of 4 experianced > 810CP players, who all have compeleted every trial on HM, and all have Immortal Redemmer- take what I say with a grain of salt.
    We were a group of 1 DK tank, 1 Templar healer, 1 MagWarden and 1 stamBlade

The first boss, Icestalker was a walk in the park- we nuked it so fast I didn't even notice what any of the mechanics were.

The second boss, Warlord Tzogvin was a bit harder, still no deaths, but, we worked out the tether mechanic and healed through the burst phase. Aside from that the boss only charged one time before we killed it.

The third boss, The Vault Protector, was really fun all well designed. We wiped a few times but managed to clear it with relative ease by keeping the boss in the centre of the room and calling out which direction to stand in order to avoid the laser.
    A well designed, frantic fight that worked well due to the small room size.

The fouth boss, Rizzuk Bonechill, was a challenge until we figured out the frost circle mechanic from 'Avalanche', (which itself is a well thought out mechanic).
    However, after figuring out that mechanic it was all too easy to completly ignore Avalanche and both dd's focus the main boss whilst calling the frost mechanic, in order to spread out at the right time.
    I think alot of groups will fail to figure out that mechanic as quickly as would be desired. We figured it out in around 4 deaths to the main tank, but since the death recap didn't tell us anything about it it could be harder for new players to figure it out.

The last boss, The Stonekeeper! Was really amazing, whilst we didn't do hm yet we did complete vet, the mechanics were fun and the Skeever phase was well designed. Nothing really to add to this boss as it just was alot of fun and felt like the appropraite difficulty. Looking forward to trying hard mode.

But I would really stress that this dungeon is really well designed and alot of fun. I look forward to doing it again soon.
    Edited by CyberOnEso on January 22, 2019 8:14PM
    @CyberOnEso PC | EU - Jack of all Trades - Armory Style Manager Planesbreaker | Godslayer | Dawnbringer | Immortal Redeemer | Tick Tock Tormentor | Gryphon Heart
  • Reistr_the_Unbroken
    Reistr_the_Unbroken
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Karavis3 wrote: »

Honestly same

• eso_nya
    eso_nya
    ✭✭✭✭✭

In advance, sry for bashing! Who would have thought that darth vader is lukes father, right?

Not only did the ppl in the livestream tell the story of the q1 dlc and show in the trailer how it resolves with the biggest *beep* in abnurs career, now u also tell us that the actual story is not really happening in the dungeons but in the prologue quest afterwards, which (thank god!) doesnt require to do the dungeons.

Is prolly modern hype & teaser society who doesnt allow for "Revan takes off his mask in kotor 1" - moments anymore. Can just imagine the feels of playing thru the prologue oblivious and suddenly getting jumped by a *beeping* dragon.
    Sidenote: Its not a good idea to put crucial game elements into the files 6 month before their release.
    ppl datamine them within hours!

Back to topic, "the story is connected to Season of the Dragon" and "there is a prologue quest in q1" is not really satisfying for "yearspanning storyline". esp, if i dont do the dungeons, abnur could have bought the tablets in the crownstore and make a snarky comment towards my missing eso+ status for all i care. because, if he knows 4 awesome heros who roflstomped thru the dungeons, why is he even talking to me? In regards of "awesome pay off to to my hard work", ingame that would be a perfect traitet monster head in the propper trait. I work hard in rl to pay for a sub and the story is supposed to be the reward for that.

TL/DR:
    - whole story spoiled -> no excitement for exploring the content
    - dungeons not mandatory to progress story is cool
    - would be better if the dungeons were solofriendly (on normal) with integrated instead of remotely connected story

Again, sry for ranting, rambling and bashing. Nothing personal. This is one of the two threads where im sure that an actual dev reads them. Dont let jerks like me stop u from doing that! ;)
  • Moloch1514
    Moloch1514
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    @ZOS_Finn If you are going to tie the 4 yearly DLC dungeons to the main storyline, you need to be considerate of the notion that your new normal dungeon mechanics (1-shots) and diifficulty scale are a turn off or hard barrier for a huge majority population. Please think of the overland story crowd who just want to experience your newly crafted year long story. As is, you are preventing most of your community from seeing 50% of this 4 quarter plan.
    Edited by Moloch1514 on January 23, 2019 12:22AM
    PC-NA
  • max_only
    max_only
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    It seems like People that love your dungeons/challenging group content don’t care about story. You have observed how it’s all skipped.

It seems like People that love your story don’t care about dungeons/challenging group content. Remember Craglorn?

This is an Elder Scrolls title. You are known for a compelling story and your rich world of Tamriel.

It’s too late in development to make the dungeon easier, so please consider a future implementation of a no rewards Story Mode.
    Edited by max_only on January 23, 2019 1:46AM
    #FiteForYourRite Bosmer = Stealth
    #OppositeResourceSiphoningAttacks
    || CP 1000+ || PC/NA || GUILDS: LWH; IA; CH; XA
    ""All gods' creatures (you lot) are equal when covered in A1 sauce"" -- Old Bosmeri Wisdom