The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/

PTS Update 20 - Feedback Thread for Sorcerer

• Irylia
    Irylia
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Nyladreas wrote: »
    Minalan wrote: »
    Daus wrote: »
    Hello,

For starters I'd like to say that what you've done to damage shields is wonderful for balance, and you should stick with your changes. Hardened Ward and Harness Magicka should be used pre-engagement, and Healing Ward (an instant cast) should be used as a life saving maneuver.

Now that we've finally addressed shields we need to address sorcs. Their arsenal isn't very well equipped for survival without the use of shields so before these changes go live I would like to see two things happen:

1) Blood Magic passive - have it so you are healed for a % of damage done by all class abilities. Not sure what number would be balanced; that would require testing.

2) Bolt Escape - make this ability behave like dodge rolling in the sense that it breaks roots, and most importantly you can streak in any direction without changing your character's direction. Meaning you can continuously Bolt Escape backwards. This would greatly improve their ability to stay at range.

I'm all for the damage shield nerfs, but magsorcs do need something to improve their survivability.

P.S. Also make Crystal Blast proc like Frags please.

Yes, please keep listening to the nightblades and balance sorc like this. Then the subscription losses will continue until the layoffs start. I have to wonder, how much money have you lost since yesterday, and how much more will you lose?

When it comes to balance, damage shields is a topic that you and I are simply not going to agree on (it's like politics lol), but I would like to focus on the areas that we could agree on instead. Do you not like the suggestions I gave?

Sure, they're great. That 800 heal I get from blood magic is going to save me from your 10K incap crit and defile while I'm busy recasting shield.

You'll never kill me in two and a half seconds!

The shield cast time is such a great idea, they should put it on cloak too!

Sure I'll take 1 second cast on cloak. If you give me access to 17 different AoE abilities that completely remove all your defensives, dispel your shields, drop any player's block and make them unable to use any burst heal/oh crap ultimate.

You want it fair, yes? Shields let you heal. How you get those heals is up to you. Perhaps invest into sets that provide healing/give you a ton of defense, like any other class in the game? There are tons that would help you. Also - you resto skill line? Where's stamina healing skill line?

Ever heard of hist sap set for example?

Oh but wait... you want to keep your dual damage sets and weapons right? Ah well...

(Oh yeah and btw my main is a Sorc, not a NB)

You mean double sustain sets just to survive.
    Then the moment you set up a 4 gcd combo the enemy blocks/rolls/los’/reflects/absorbs/cloaks. Among other things. And you have to start the combo all over again.
    Rolling is the most annoying thing that players can spam when anything is being lined up on them
  • Trinity_Is_My_Name
    Trinity_Is_My_Name
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Hutch679 wrote: »
    Great changes tbh. The shield stacking has gotten out of control.....

LOL. Shield stacking is still there.
  • bpmachete
    bpmachete
    ✭✭✭
    I agree man, takiing away a third bar for that weaving is useless.

Maybe they are preparing to roll out with an undaunted utility kit ultimate, where you have an entire extra bar including an extra ultimate? That would be awesome and give life to the undaunted tree.

My idea was to make certain class ultimates that are usually used by all classes become an overload type of bar. https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/436143/dont-remove-overload-third-bar-spread-it-to-all-right-thread-page#latest
  • Didgerion
    Didgerion
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Magsorc are absolutely fine on PTS now. Arguably stronger with the improved LA passives.

You can’t face-tank unlimited amounts of damage anymore but forgive me for my limited sympathy on that front.

The fact that a glass cannon Stamblade or Stamden could wail on you non-stop for over a minute without breaking through the shields was a little bit ridiculous.

Hmm, it doesn't quite qualify to call them "Glass Canon" if they could keep pressure over a sorc for one minute.
    It doesn't look like you seek balance... Looks like your true desire is to kill every player within 1 minute.. ok sorcs are nerfed... Now what?... Will you cry for a 30s kill window now?
  • pizzaow
    pizzaow
    ✭✭✭
    I'm surprised by the posts about PvE Pet deaths (VMA/COH...). I thought they were supposed to be immortal in most pve places... Did I miss something?

From the PTS 4.2.2 Patch Notes:
    * Combat pets will now take 0 damage while in a Dungeon, Trial, or Group Arena.
    XBox/NA GT: Pizzaow
  • karpok
    karpok
    ✭✭✭
    Actually pet are supposed to be immortal only in group PvE area. That mean not in vMA, delve, world boss and other open area.
    --
    Soumar, Aldmeri Sorcer
  • firedrgn
    firedrgn
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Pets dont die in dungeons anymore when murkkire hits. So thats a big plus. But................
    They die if we die so ya it is what it is
  • Thraben
    Thraben
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Pets won't die anyway when even diehard Petsorcs like me are not able to equip them any longer in Cyro.

We have been thrown back to pre-Orsinium times when every grouped petsorc was either a fool or a roleplayer.
    Hauptmann der Dolche des Königs

DDK ist die letzte Verteidigungslinie des Dolchsturz- Bündnisses auf der 30-Tage-No-CP- Kampagne(EU) mit dem Anspruch, in kleinen, anfängerfreundlichen Raid-Gruppen möglichst epische Schlachten auszufechten.

DDK is the Daggerfall Covenant´s last line of defense on the 30 days no-cp campaign (EU). We intend to fight epic battles in small, casual player friendly raid groups.
  • Lord-Otto
    Lord-Otto
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Thraben wrote: »
    Pets won't die anyway when even diehard Petsorcs like me are not able to equip them any longer in Cyro.

We have been thrown back to pre-Orsinium times when every grouped petsorc was either a fool or a roleplayer.

Or both. *puts on Jester outfit*
    ;P
  • pieratsos
    pieratsos
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Nyladreas wrote: »
    Hello,

For starters I'd like to say that what you've done to damage shields is wonderful for balance, and you should stick with your changes. Hardened Ward and Harness Magicka should be used pre-engagement, and Healing Ward (an instant cast) should be used as a life saving maneuver.

Now that we've finally addressed shields we need to address sorcs. Their arsenal isn't very well equipped for survival without the use of shields so before these changes go live I would like to see two things happen:

1) Blood Magic passive - have it so you are healed for a % of damage done by all class abilities. Not sure what number would be balanced; that would require testing.

2) Bolt Escape - make this ability behave like dodge rolling in the sense that it breaks roots, and most importantly you can streak in any direction without changing your character's direction. Meaning you can continuously Bolt Escape backwards. This would greatly improve their ability to stay at range.

I'm all for the damage shield nerfs, but magsorcs do need something to improve their survivability.

P.S. Also make Crystal Blast proc like Frags please.

Yes, please keep listening to the nightblades and balance sorc like this. Then the subscription losses will continue until the layoffs start. I have to wonder, how much money have you lost since yesterday, and how much more will you lose?

When it comes to balance, damage shields is a topic that you and I are simply not going to agree on (it's like politics lol), but I would like to focus on the areas that we could agree on instead. Do you not like the suggestions I gave?

Sure, they're great. That 800 heal I get from blood magic is going to save me from your 10K incap crit and defile while I'm busy recasting shield.

You'll never kill me in two and a half seconds!

The shield cast time is such a great idea, they should put it on cloak too!

Sure I'll take 1 second cast on cloak. If you give me access to 17 different AoE abilities that completely remove all your defensives, dispel your shields, drop any player's block and make them unable to use any burst heal/oh crap ultimate.

You want it fair, yes? Shields let you heal. How you get those heals is up to you. Perhaps invest into sets that provide healing/give you a ton of defense, like any other class in the game? There are tons that would help you. Also - you resto skill line? Where's stamina healing skill line?

Ever heard of hist sap set for example?

Oh but wait... you want to keep your dual damage sets and weapons right? Ah well...

(Oh yeah and btw my main is a Sorc, not a NB)

Legends also say that when you put lich on a sorc the proc gives spell dmg equivalent to the amount of regen it gives and shacklebreaker gives 20k magicka instead of 2k. So i guess you are right. They are indeed in full offensive gear.
  • Cronopoly
    Cronopoly
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I have not given up hope yet. In fact I'm rolling a new High Elf Sorc on NA PC. Bam. He's naked and while CP 897 has not allocated any points, skills, armors or learned any weapons. Hand to hand combat baby. Dies often lol.
    Nerfmiretoon.png
  • Derra
    Derra
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Cronopoly wrote: »
    I have not given up hope yet. In fact I'm rolling a new High Elf Sorc on NA PC. Bam. He's naked and while CP 897 has not allocated any points, skills, armors or learned any weapons. Hand to hand combat baby. Dies often lol.
    Nerfmiretoon.png

If only you hadn´t chose the now worst possible race for your sorcy.
    <Noricum>
    I live. I die. I live again.

Derra - DC - Sorc - AvA 50
    Derrah - EP - Sorc - AvA 50

• Aldul
    Aldul
    ✭✭✭
    Derra wrote: »
    Nerfmiretoon.png

Explain, pls. High Elf worst class for magsorc?
    - - PVP -only, sorc-only - AD Veteran - -
    - CULTURES Social Guild (EU) -
  • Chilly-McFreeze
    Chilly-McFreeze
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Aldul wrote: »
    Nerfmiretoon.png

Explain, pls. High Elf worst class for magsorc?

I can only guess that the lack of health and mitigation makes shields weaker than on other races.
  • Biro123
    Biro123
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Nerfmiretoon.png

Nah, not the worst, surely..

Just looking at those passives for the contenders (PVP perspective)..:

High Elf
    9% mag recov
    10% max mag
    4% flame/frost/shock dmg.

Breton
    10% Max Mag
    3960 Spell Resists
    3% mag cost reduction

Argonian
    3% max mag + pot recov (4620 health/mag/stam)
    9% max health + poison/disease resist
    5% healing done and received

Dark Elf
    6% Max mag/stam
    3% max mag, flame resists
    7% flame dmg, 2% frost/shock dmg

My gut feel is that max mag will still be very useful for all builds.
    Mag Recov will be useful on almost all builds.
    Flame damage - very minor benefit to flame staff abilities only.
    Frost damage - very minor benefit if frost staff taken for blocking
    shock damage - benefit to builds using overload
    Max Health.. Only really useful, if you're shields are above cap. I've struggled to hit this so far with murkmire builds.
    Mag Cost Reduction - great for all builds
    Spell Resists - much more beneficial than before.. (would rather have physical though)
    Healing done/received.. welcome, but not too great on a class with poor healing.
    Argonian pots - can be great in certain setups - not sure if they go well with magsorc though..
    Max Stam - nice to have, but poor actual buff for off-stat.

So overall, I think Altmer and Breton are pretty comparable, with Breton now edging it only slightly.
    Dark Elf falls behind with (slightly) lower max mag, nothing to help sustain, and sorcs benefitting very little from flame dmg

Argonian is difficult to quantify. I've used the pot cooldown build on other classes, and it could be strong for frost-staff blocking, but leaves the main stat (notably magica) very low for shields.. I don't think sorc can be a very effective blocker without access to either stronger dots or the ability to cast heals while on the frost bar.. So it would have to be part of a mixed defence of blocks/dodges/shields... which will need plenty of magica. No, I'm not sure sorc synergises as well with Argonian as other classes do..
    Minalan owes me a beer.

PC EU Megaserver
    Minie Mo - Stam/Magblade - DC
    Woody Ron - Stamplar - DC
    Aidee - Magsorc - DC
    Notadorf - Stamsorc - DC
    Khattman Doo - Stamblade - Relegated to Crafter, cos AD.
  • Derra
    Derra
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Biro123 wrote: »
    Nerfmiretoon.png

High Elf
    9% mag recov
    10% max mag

Breton
    10% Max Mag
    3960 Spell Resists
    3% mag cost reduction

Argonian

Dark Elf
    6% Max mag/stam

Max Health.. Only really useful, if you're shields are above cap. I've struggled to hit this so far with murkmire builds.
    Spell Resists - much more beneficial than before.. (would rather have physical though)
    Healing done/received.. welcome, but not too great on a class with poor healing.
    Argonian pots - can be great in certain setups - not sure if they go well with magsorc though..

So overall, I think Altmer and Breton are pretty comparable, with Breton now edging it only slightly.
    Dark Elf falls behind with (slightly) lower max mag, nothing to help sustain, and sorcs benefitting very little from flame dmg

Argonian is difficult to quantify. I've used the pot cooldown build on other classes, and it could be strong for frost-staff blocking, but leaves the main stat (notably magica) very low for shields.. I don't think sorc can be a very effective blocker without access to either stronger dots or the ability to cast heals while on the frost bar.. So it would have to be part of a mixed defence of blocks/dodges/shields... which will need plenty of magica. No, I'm not sure sorc synergises as well with Argonian as other classes do..

I´ve played all 4 races and for the next patch in a CP environment i´d rate:

Breton >= Argonian > Dunmer > Altmer

Healing being useless basically strawman argument at this point - sorc needs healing and the need for healing will increase instead of decrease this patch with the change to enchantments (oblivion enchant).

Breton is probably best for things resembling pre murkmire setups - but if you´re pushing shields argonian will get better results due to their health passive which is more likely to cap shields than maxmagica is from my testing.
    Furthermore in CP breton resis now allow you to shift CP towards physical mitigation resulting in overall better survivability than any other race on sorc.

Dunmer is a bit of mixed bag - sorc is a very stat dependant class and dunmer gets 15% stats total. Then dunmer is also the choice to run vamp builds because of the flame resis and complete burning immunity (remember you can actually apply statuseffects on shields now).
    It also has the greatest synergy with masterstaff builds.

Altmer just offers nothing special. The elemental dmg increase is neglible and actually weaker than dunmers for most builds.
    It pales in comparison to the defensive benefits of dunmer or breton.
    The sustain passive is roughly comparable to what argonian or breton get.

Altmer just has nothing really going for them at this point because the offensive advantages are so minimal compared to the defensive perks other races get they´re vastly outclassed.

<Noricum>
    I live. I die. I live again.

Derra - DC - Sorc - AvA 50
    Derrah - EP - Sorc - AvA 50

• EPelite
    EPelite
    ✭✭✭
    I still don’t understand why ZOS wants this game to be a stamina game only.

There is nothing a magicka toon can do in pvp that stam can’t do better.

Damage: bleeds – steel tornado - dizzy swing – execute – dawn breaker, vastly outperforms destro staff and mage guild skills.

Mobility: sprint – dodge roll – forward momentum – shuffle. Vastly outperforms any mobility magicka skill…….. oh wait there is only 1 of them and that’s streak that is worth **** due to increased cost…. But you can vampire mist…. Right…. If you want to get 1 shot by fire skills and dawn breaker go ahead mister vampire.

Healing: Rally – forward momentum – vigor.
    Who was the brain that decided that vigor was a stamina only skill…? Great work…
    Oh, but you have healing ward… well had…. Now that you can crit it and it doesn’t give the indicial heal anymore… but you still have rapid regen right … yes I do and it was good to use under the cover of shields….. and we don’t have that anymore do to crits and health cap…

Sustain: right I guess magicka has the same sustain as medium but HEY stam got heavy sets that gives a ton of…. WEAPON DAMAGE.. not spell damage but WEAPON DAMAGE… great work.. where is my spell damage fury and spell damage seventh legion.. and ooooo what is it that makes heavy so great… you are still mobile as you got the stamina to sprint..

I loved my old magsorc and even my magwarden back when we had a stun but now I play stamina only as I can 1vx and small scale with minimum risk compared to my magicka toons.

Yes you can play magicka toons in a zerg but to be honest when my 4-5 man group run in to 10-20 players. You smack them with 5 dawn breakers and spin to win like a *** and you kill them all 9 out of 10 times…

AND THIS IS NOT ME CALLING FOR MORE NERFS TO STAM.. STOP NERFING STUFF YOU DON’T UNDERSTAND…. START BUFFING AND REFINING SKILLS THAT MAKE MABICKA MOBILE AND FUN TO PLAY…

kind regards Malleus :)
    Edited by EPelite on October 22, 2018 11:28AM
  • Biro123
    Biro123
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Biro123 wrote: »
    Nerfmiretoon.png

High Elf
    9% mag recov
    10% max mag

Breton
    10% Max Mag
    3960 Spell Resists
    3% mag cost reduction

Argonian

Dark Elf
    6% Max mag/stam

I´ve played all 4 races and for the next patch in a CP environment i´d rate:

Breton >= Argonian > Dunmer > Altmer

Healing being useless basically strawman argument at this point - sorc needs healing and the need for healing will increase instead of decrease this patch with the change to enchantments (oblivion enchant).

Breton is probably best for things resembling pre murkmire setups - but if you´re pushing shields argonian will get better results due to their health passive which is more likely to cap shields than maxmagica is from my testing.
    Furthermore in CP breton resis now allow you to shift CP towards physical mitigation resulting in overall better survivability than any other race on sorc.

Dunmer is a bit of mixed bag - sorc is a very stat dependant class and dunmer gets 15% stats total. Then dunmer is also the choice to run vamp builds because of the flame resis and complete burning immunity (remember you can actually apply statuseffects on shields now).
    It also has the greatest synergy with masterstaff builds.

Altmer just offers nothing special. The elemental dmg increase is neglible and actually weaker than dunmers for most builds.
    It pales in comparison to the defensive benefits of dunmer or breton.
    The sustain passive is roughly comparable to what argonian or breton get.

Altmer just has nothing really going for them at this point because the offensive advantages are so minimal compared to the defensive perks other races get they´re vastly outclassed.

I'm not sure I entirely agree - and honestly I think the differences will be minimal.

Anyways, I have a lot of experimenting to do, and currently have an altmer and an Argonian sorc on live, so will do a bit of experimenting with very different ideas for them.. I kind of think Argonian may be better for some of the build ideas I have - but I honestly don't know how viable those ideas will be. Altmer/Breton better for more traditional setups.
    Fair point on Dunmer though.. I never really run Vamp - so didn't take that into account.

Just noticed the patch notes are already up... nothing to help with bar-space, I see - and looks like DW enchants haven't been touched... :-(
    Minalan owes me a beer.

PC EU Megaserver
    Minie Mo - Stam/Magblade - DC
    Woody Ron - Stamplar - DC
    Aidee - Magsorc - DC
    Notadorf - Stamsorc - DC
    Khattman Doo - Stamblade - Relegated to Crafter, cos AD.
  • ezio45
    ezio45
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    EPelite wrote: »
    I still don’t understand why ZOS wants this game to be a stamina game only.

There is nothing a magicka toon can do in pvp that stam can’t do better.

Damage: bleeds – steel tornado - dizzy swing – execute – dawn breaker, vastly outperforms destro staff and mage guild skills.

Mobility: sprint – dodge roll – forward momentum – shuffle. Vastly outperforms any mobility magicka skill…….. oh wait there is only 1 of them and that’s streak that is worth **** due to increased cost…. But you can vampire mist…. Right…. If you want to get 1 shot by fire skills and dawn breaker go ahead mister vampire.

Healing: Rally – forward momentum – vigor.
    Who was the brain that decided that vigor was a stamina only skill…? Great work…
    Oh, but you have healing ward… well had…. Now that you can crit it and it doesn’t give the indicial heal anymore… but you still have rapid regen right … yes I do and it was good to use under the cover of shields….. and we don’t have that anymore do to crits and health cap…

Sustain: right I guess magicka has the same sustain as medium but HEY stam got heavy sets that gives a ton of…. WEAPON DAMAGE.. not spell damage but WEAPON DAMAGE… great work.. where is my spell damage fury and spell damage seventh legion.. and ooooo what is it that makes heavy so great… you are still mobile as you got the stamina to sprint..

I loved my old magsorc and even my magwarden back when we had a stun but now I play stamina only as I can 1vx and small scale with minimum risk compared to my magicka toons.

Yes you can play magicka toons in a zerg but to be honest when my 4-5 man group run in to 10-20 players. You smack them with 5 dawn breakers and spin to win like a *** and you kill them all 9 out of 10 times…

AND THIS IS NOT ME CALLING FOR MORE NERFS TO STAM.. STOP NERFING STUFF YOU DON’T UNDERSTAND…. START BUFFING AND REFINING SKILLS THAT MAKE MABICKA MOBILE AND FUN TO PLAY…

kind regards Malleus :)

because the mr (blank) is a stamblade my good sir
  • Miswar
    Miswar
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    So it nerfmire has rolled out on PC with these absurd nerfs.

Well.. that is utter rubbish and personally ready for ESO exit once this nonsense comes into PS4.

ZoS might want to pull out recent population regarding PS4 EU. The PvP = Rip, PvE seems very slow... and yes tons of people have already quit the game.

Maybe next time use some common sense when you throw darts at what is going to get "nerfed". hoeever the population decrease in only on yourself. Also... remember when people leave the likeli hood they will comeback is low.

• lokulin
    lokulin
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Just did vet CoAII HM post the shield nerfs. Still a no death run but got to say the game feels a lot less fun. Basically dropped the shield, switched in surge and relied on the occasional reactive heal from the twilight. Lack of a proper HoT for sorc equivalent to vigor for stam feels very cumbersome. It would be nice to be able to throw a HoT in to the rotation rather than rely on the RNG of surge. Rather than just taking damage to the shield now it is a reactive cast of twilight to heal missing health.

Once again, very disappointed in this change. I can't see people actually bothering with shields at all this patch. In light armor with plenty of CP put in to resistances they just disappear in seconds.

Took one look at the wayshrine for the new zone and just felt like I couldn't even be bothered traveling to it to check it out.
    I've hidden your signature.
  • norrisnick
    norrisnick
    ✭✭✭
    karpok wrote: »
    Actually pet are supposed to be immortal only in group PvE area. That mean not in vMA, delve, world boss and other open area.

I can live with them not being immortal in vMA. I can't live with them being dead at all times. I aborted a run in stage 4 because I'm constantly in that stupid 2s channel of resummoning them when I should just be activating their ability. They used to only die during the scream and ice island cleave. Now they are dead about as much as they are alive.

I'm not pushing the tops of the lists or anything, but I make the cut most weeks and do have a flawless run.
  • lokulin
    lokulin
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    norrisnick wrote: »
    karpok wrote: »

I can live with them not being immortal in vMA. I can't live with them being dead at all times. I aborted a run in stage 4 because I'm constantly in that stupid 2s channel of resummoning them when I should just be activating their ability. They used to only die during the scream and ice island cleave. Now they are dead about as much as they are alive.

I'm not pushing the tops of the lists or anything, but I make the cut most weeks and do have a flawless run.

I got flawless finally just last week. Suffice to say after playing around on the PTS before these changes went live, I won't be going back to vMA any time soon. Much less fun the way it is now.
    I've hidden your signature.
  • RMerlin
    RMerlin
    ✭✭✭✭
    RIP my 4 years old magsorc (for anything beyond solo questing). The change to Defensive Rune makes it a sitting duck (1.2 secs delay in a game where a ganker can unleash 40K+ damage in less than 1.2 secs is a death sentence), the change to Overload kills part of my playstyle, and the change to shields would force me to start stacking two shields instead of using only one - something I do not have the bar space for.

And reading the "developer comments" in the release notes makes me feel like the devs completely do NOT understand their own players and how they play this game. Things like "We want Sorcerers to feel like they have access to their full arsenal while in Overload mode. This ability is updated to better integrate with other abilities. As soon as you Overload light attack you can cast an ability, just like the light attacks of any other weapon set.". Has any magsorc ever asked for that on these forums? It's not what we want to use Overload for. I thought the feedback in this thread made this pretty clear. For me, Overload is about trading off versatility (losing access to hotbar swapping) in exchange for a short duration ability to nuke. OVERload describes it pretty well.

Reading these release notes have left me totally depressed this morning. My magsorc was about two weeks away from making it to Grand Overlord.
    Edited by RMerlin on October 22, 2018 3:00PM
  • Raraaku
    Raraaku
    ✭✭✭✭
    I rarely play Sorc, my only one is a tank, but in terms of the shield cast times... Would being able to move/kite while casting for the dedicated shield skills help alleviate the added cast time?

Haven't been on the PTS yet since I just came back, but I know the shield issue is a sensitive one within the magicka community, and particularly Sorcerers.
    Back from a much needed break. || I like having too many projects and working on them all at once.

Tank Enthusiast || CP: 445 || Stormproof

Tanks
    Karsaak gro-Ursa: DC || Orc || Stamina Dragonknight || Tank || Level: CP 445
    Sir Leopold Stotch: DC || Breton || Magicka Templar || Tank || Level: 445
    Protects-Squishy-Ones: EP || Argonian || Magicka Sorcerer || Tank/CC || Level: CP 445
    Björn Shadow-Walker: EP || Nord || Stamina Nightblade || Tank || Level: 15
    Tiberius Valerion: AD || Imperial || Stamina Warden || Tank || Level: 15

Damage Dealers
    Morrigan Ravyn-Cloak: AD || Altmer || Magicka Nightblade || DPS || Level: CP 445
    Ra'Zahkara: AD || Khajiit || Stamina Dragonknight || DPS || Level: CP 445
    Ezra al-Khazir: DC || Redguard || Stamina Templar || DPS || Level: 40
    Erryndril Telvaux: EP || Dunmer || Magicka Dragonknight || DPS || Level: 25
    Uzara gra-Khalari: DC || Orc || Stamina Nightblade || DPS [2H/DW] || Level: 15
    Solomon Motierre: DC || Breton || Magicka Sorcerer || DPS || Level: 20
    Ragnar the Wulf: EP || Nord || Stamina Warden || DPS || Level: 30
    Ra'Rahku: AD || Khajiit || Stamina Nightblade || DPS [Bow/Bow] || Level: 15

Healers
    Sees-through-Hist: EP || Argonian || Magicka Warden || Healer/CC || CP 445
    Daedalus the Artificer: AD || Altmer || Magicka Templar || Healer || Level: 15
  • RMerlin
    RMerlin
    ✭✭✭✭
    Raraaku wrote: »
    I rarely play Sorc, my only one is a tank, but in terms of the shield cast times... Would being able to move/kite while casting for the dedicated shield skills help alleviate the added cast time?

Haven't been on the PTS yet since I just came back, but I know the shield issue is a sensitive one within the magicka community, and particularly Sorcerers.

The cast time was removed following the initial backlash. They replaced it instead with a 50% max health cap on shield size, which in itself isn't so bad. It's combined with every other nerfs at the same time that makes the whole thing really painful.
  • VyRox1
    VyRox1
    Soul Shriven
    RIP Sorc, was fun as long as it lasted.
    Edited by VyRox1 on October 22, 2018 8:36PM
  • Ranger209
    Ranger209
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    So regarding cp like hardy and elemental defender, does anyone know whether it makes more sense to put points into those things for shields or do shields benefit just from straight up physical and spell resistance in the cp trees? For non shield builds things like hardy always had more benefit. Is that true of shields now as well?
  • MalagenR
    MalagenR
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    The only change you'll be making in CP points is to Bastion. You won't be increasing strength 25% anymore unless you have the health to go with it. So you can spread those points to spell resist / phys resist / crit resist.
  • Ranger209
    Ranger209
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    So no help for shields from ironclad, thickskin, hardy, or elemental defender for shields? just spell/phys/crit. the first four only help when shields are down is that correct?
    Edited by Ranger209 on October 24, 2018 2:26AM