Maintenance for the week of September 9:
• PC/Mac: No maintenance – September 9

Summerfall Event

Tatanko
Tatanko
✭✭✭✭
We heard about a "Summerfall" event during the Bethesda Community Day (at PAX West) a few weeks ago. It was said that this event would take place during September, and we are now almost halfway through the month without so much as a whisper about it -- we don't even know what it is!

Anyone have additional information about this? Perhaps the CMs can tell us more.
Silvanus the Gilded
Merchant, Scholar, and Benefactor
Imperial Templar - PC/NA
Learn More
  • SanguineMyBrother
    SanguineMyBrother
    ✭✭✭✭
    Wait, what? This is the first I'm hearing about this. Lol. They could be waiting until after the imperial sewers event.

You have piqued my curiosity...
    Xbox NA • Magwarden Main
  • Marabornwingrion
    Marabornwingrion
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Maybe they were talking about September next year? :D

I'm not sure if this event is even possible, we have now IC event up and next month will be Witches Festival.
  • Jolipinator
    Jolipinator
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Some info about it was datamined by the folks here: https://elderscrolls.net/2018/09/10/29442-eso-summerset-pervye-podrobnosti-o-sobytii-summerfall/
    The event is called Summerfall.
    During this event, players will be required to receive the Summerset Pathfinder achievement. Apparently, the more players get an achievement, the more valuable rewards will be available to the owners of the chapter.
    Earthmaker Earthseeker : visit all the remarkable places on Summerset.
    The awards include new pet, mount and house.
    Awards will be available to all players from whom the chapter "Summerset" was purchased .
    Progress can be tracked on the official website.
    In addition, the game was added information about another mini-event, which, apparently, is not related to Summerfall. All players who subscribe to the ESO newsletter for a certain period will receive a Dwemer spider of the solar arc (pet) as a gift.
    PS5 EU.
  • msetten
    msetten
    ✭✭✭✭
    Sounds like a nice community event. Hope this will actually happen.
  • SydneyGrey
    SydneyGrey
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Whaaaat?
    What if you've already done that on one character? Maybe that means I'll get those things automatically if I log into that character during the event? I hope so. That sounds awesome.
  • SantieClaws
    SantieClaws
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Events and festivals of all kinds are most welcome yes.

Apart from the Kick the Khajiit world cup - that was a very bad month …

Yours with paws
    Santie Claws
    Shunrr's Skooma Oasis - The Movie. A housing video like no other ...
    Find it here - https://youtube.com/user/wenxue2222

Clan Claws - now recruiting khajiit and like minded others for parties, fishing and other khajiit stuff. Contact this one for an invite.

PAWS (Positively Against Wrip-off Stuff) - Say No to Crown Crates!

https://www.imperialtradingcompany.eu/
  • Ilsabet
    Ilsabet
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    I do remember them mentioning (I think during E3) that they were going to have some events coming up that would reward greater participation from the community. That sounds like what this is, judging by that datamined info.
    Ilsabet Menard - DC Breton Nightblade archer - Savior of Pretty Much Everything, Grand Overlord & Empress Nubcakes
    Katarin Auclair - DC Breton Warden healer & ice mage
    My characters and their overly elaborate backstories
    Ilsabet's Headcanon
    The Adventures of Torbyrn Windchaser - Breaking the Ice & Ashes to Ashes
    PC NA
  • Turelus
    Turelus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    It sounds like a fun event, I like the community participation aspect. Also it might not feel as grindy as some of the others.
    @Turelus - EU PC Megaserver
    "Don't count on others for help. In the end each of us is in this alone. The survivors are those who know how to look out for themselves."
  • TERAB1T
    TERAB1T
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Here is an original datamined info:

For a limited time, work together with your fellow players to unlock a new pet, mount, and house by completing the Summerset Pathfinder achievement!
    - All ESO players who own the Summerset Chapter are eligible to receive the rewards.
    - To track the community's progress, visit the ESO website.

And also:

For a limited time, receive a free Solar Arc Dwarven Spiderl pet when you opt-in to our ESO newsletter! Visit our official site for details.
    Edited by TERAB1T on September 11, 2018 2:45PM
  • mateosalvaje
    mateosalvaje
    ✭✭✭✭
    Yaaaaaaaaay I love non PVP events! :grin:
    I've been wrong before, and I'll be wrong again.
  • SantieClaws
    SantieClaws
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Khajiit recalls something similar in a lifetime long ago in Middle Earth where there was a target for tasks completed that had to be met collectively.

Tokens earnt from things or something. Each server competing to get the most tokens. Khajiit lived on a server full of lazy hobbits and with a small population so everyone lost interest when it was obvious one of the other servers was so far ahead.

Yours with paws
    Santie Claws
    Shunrr's Skooma Oasis - The Movie. A housing video like no other ...
    Find it here - https://youtube.com/user/wenxue2222

Clan Claws - now recruiting khajiit and like minded others for parties, fishing and other khajiit stuff. Contact this one for an invite.

PAWS (Positively Against Wrip-off Stuff) - Say No to Crown Crates!

https://www.imperialtradingcompany.eu/
  • DPShiro
    DPShiro
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    This sounds interesting.
    ~ Gryphon Heart ~
    ~ Immortal Redeemer ~
    ~ Grand Master Crafter ~
    ~ Master Angler ~
    ~ Former Emperor ~
  • wenchmore420b14_ESO
    wenchmore420b14_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    The "subscribe to ESO News Letter" confused me a little.
    Is this new? I mean I get E-mail notices on some stuff, but not sure I have seen a "NewsLetter" and have been here since closed beta.
    Where do we subscribe for this?
    :)
    Drakon Koryn~Oryndill, Rogue~Mage,- CP ~Doesn't matter any more
    NA / PC Beta Member since Nov 2013
    GM~Conclave-of-Shadows, EP Social Guild, ~Proud member of: The Wandering Merchants, Phoenix Rising, Imperial Trade Union & Celestials of Nirn
    Sister Guilds with: Coroner's Report, Children of Skyrim, Sunshine Daydream, Tamriel Fisheries, Knights Arcanum and more
    "Not All Who Wander are Lost"
    #MOREHOUSINGSLOTS
    “When the people that can make the company more successful are sales and marketing people, they end up running the companies. The product people get driven out of the decision making forums, and the companies forget what it means to make great products.”

_Steve Jobs (The Lost Interview)
  • Enemy-of-Coldharbour
    Enemy-of-Coldharbour
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Is this new? I mean I get E-mail notices on some stuff, but not sure I have seen a "NewsLetter" and have been here since closed beta.

^^^This (me too). I don;t see anywhere on the official website to subscribe to a newsletter.

@ZOS_GinaBruno

Silivren (Silly) Thalionwen | Altmer Templar | Magicka | 9-Trait Master Crafter/Jeweler | Master Angler | PVE Main - Killed by U35
    Jahsul at-Sahan | Redguard Sorcerer | Stamina | Werewolf - Free Bites | PVP Main
    Derrok Gunnolf | Redguard Dragonknight | Stamina | Werewolf - Free Bites
    Liliana Littleleaf | 9-Trait Grand Master Crafter/Jeweler (non-combat)
    Amber Emberheart | Breton Dragonknight | Stamina | Master Angler
    Vlos Anon | Dunmer Nightblade | Magicka | Vampire - Free Bites
    Kalina Valos | Dunmer Warden | Magicka | Vampire - Free Bites
    Swiftpaws-Moonshadow | Khajiit Nightblade | Stamina
    Morgul Vardar | Altmer Necromancer | Magicka
    Tithin Geil | Altmer Sorceress | Magicka
    Dhryk | Imperial Dragonknight | Stamina

Guild Master - ESO Traders Union
    PC/NA - CP 2320+
  • Dreyloch
    Dreyloch
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    So...question. I didn't buy Summerset, I do have an ESO plus sub. I hope that counts! It would have to be one heck of a mount for me to participate though. Not something re-skinned >=(
    "The fear of Death, is often worse than death itself"
  • Tatanko
    Tatanko
    ✭✭✭✭
    Dreyloch wrote: »
    So...question. I didn't buy Summerset, I do have an ESO plus sub. I hope that counts! It would have to be one heck of a mount for me to participate though. Not something re-skinned >=(
    Since ESO+ does not include the current chapter, I would say that isn't going to count. You'll need the ability to access Summerset, or at least that's how I'm reading it -- since it's related to a Summerset-specific achievement.
    Silvanus the Gilded
    Merchant, Scholar, and Benefactor
    Imperial Templar - PC/NA
    Learn More
  • Dreyloch
    Dreyloch
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Tatanko wrote: »
    Since ESO+ does not include the current chapter, I would say that isn't going to count. You'll need the ability to access Summerset, or at least that's how I'm reading it -- since it's related to a Summerset-specific achievement.

Ya know, I am a little fuzzy this morning. Thinking back now, I DID in fact buy Summerset LOL. I'll buy chapters but not DLC's. I was a little confused there. However, it still better be one bad azz mount for me to even bother.
    "The fear of Death, is often worse than death itself"
  • jypcy
    jypcy
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Sounds like that wouldn’t count, and given that it’s an event focused around Summerset, and from rumors that this mount would be tied to some in-game event, seems reasonable that it’d be the indrik mount: http://elderscrolls.wikia.com/wiki/Indrik

Or potentially its yellow reskin.
  • lagrue
    lagrue
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    SydneyGrey wrote: »
    Whaaaat?
    What if you've already done that on one character? Maybe that means I'll get those things automatically if I log into that character during the event? I hope so. That sounds awesome.

I hope so because if it isn't retroactive ZOS can sit on a fat one.
    PSN ID (NA only): Zuzu_With_a_Z
    *GRAND MASTER CRAFTER*

"You must defeat me every time. I need defeat you only once"
  • Kel
    Kel
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

^^^This (me too). I don;t see anywhere on the official website to subscribe to a newsletter.

@ZOS_GinaBruno

I also see no option to sign up to a newsletter. I would, even without free stuff.
  • SanguineMyBrother
    SanguineMyBrother
    ✭✭✭✭
    jypcy wrote: »

Sounds like that wouldn’t count, and given that it’s an event focused around Summerset, and from rumors that this mount would be tied to some in-game event, seems reasonable that it’d be the indrik mount: http://elderscrolls.wikia.com/wiki/Indrik

Or potentially its yellow reskin.

I hope it's an indrik mount :)
    Xbox NA • Magwarden Main
  • Fischblut
    Fischblut
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    This is great! I like events and free cosmetics :smiley:
    Во время его проведения игроки должны будут получать достижение «Землепроходец Саммерсета» (Summerset Pathfinder).

Looks like it won't be retroactive and we'll have to get this achievement during the event... My main character already did it, but I have 10 alts ready to explore, if it helps to get the mount :D I want to hope that it will be retroactive though, can't wait for more news! :)
    Edited by Fischblut on September 11, 2018 7:51PM
  • Enemy-of-Coldharbour
    Enemy-of-Coldharbour
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Fischblut wrote: »
    Во время его проведения игроки должны будут получать достижение «Землепроходец Саммерсета» (Summerset Pathfinder).

Looks like it won't be proactive and we'll have to get this achievement during the event... My main character already did it, but I have 10 alts ready to explore, if it helps to get the mount :D I want to hope that it will be proactive though, can't wait for more news! :)

Not retroactive? That sucks! I've already done Summerset 3 times; don't want to do it again (anytime soon).

Edited by Enemy-of-Coldharbour on September 11, 2018 8:32PM
    Silivren (Silly) Thalionwen | Altmer Templar | Magicka | 9-Trait Master Crafter/Jeweler | Master Angler | PVE Main - Killed by U35
    Jahsul at-Sahan | Redguard Sorcerer | Stamina | Werewolf - Free Bites | PVP Main
    Derrok Gunnolf | Redguard Dragonknight | Stamina | Werewolf - Free Bites
    Liliana Littleleaf | 9-Trait Grand Master Crafter/Jeweler (non-combat)
    Amber Emberheart | Breton Dragonknight | Stamina | Master Angler
    Vlos Anon | Dunmer Nightblade | Magicka | Vampire - Free Bites
    Kalina Valos | Dunmer Warden | Magicka | Vampire - Free Bites
    Swiftpaws-Moonshadow | Khajiit Nightblade | Stamina
    Morgul Vardar | Altmer Necromancer | Magicka
    Tithin Geil | Altmer Sorceress | Magicka
    Dhryk | Imperial Dragonknight | Stamina

Guild Master - ESO Traders Union
    PC/NA - CP 2320+
  • ZOS_GinaBruno
    ZOS_GinaBruno
    Community Manager
    We know everyone's really excited about the Summerfall Event, and we can't wait to unveil everything! We'll have exact details for the entire event on our website soon. :)
    Gina Bruno
    Senior Community Manager
    Dev Tracker | Service Alerts | ESO Twitter | My Twitter
    Staff Post
  • Fischblut
    Fischblut
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Not proactive? That sucks! I've already done Summerset 3 times; don't want to do it again (anytime soon).

Your response made me realize - I've used wrong word "proactive" instead of "retroactive", my bad :D But yes, we both got the right idea - repeating these achievements will be somewhat tedious :) I based my conclusion on the wording in datamined news: "For duration of the event, players will have to get the achievement "Summerset Pathfinder".
    We know everyone's really excited about the Summerfall Event, and we can't wait to unveil everything! We'll have exact details for the entire event on our website soon.

I already hope for much more events like this :smiley:
  • mateosalvaje
    mateosalvaje
    ✭✭✭✭
    Maybe they'll announce it on ESO Live! I'm soooooo excited! :grin:
    I've been wrong before, and I'll be wrong again.
  • B0SSzombie
    B0SSzombie
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I wonder if the "Pet and Mount" rewards for the event (Not the Solar Arc Dwarven Spider you get from the newsletter sign-up, but the stuff from the actual event rewards) are either of the Indrik Mount+Pet pairs that were datamined before Summerset came out?

So maybe the Luminous Indrik Mount and Illustrious Indrik Pet,
    aw_crwn_mounts_luminousindrik_1x1.jpg
    aw_crwn_pets_indrikillustrious_1x1.jpg

or the Dawnwood Indrik Mount and Springtide Indrik Pet?
    aw_crwn_mounts_dawnwoodindrik_1x1.jpg
    aw_crwn_pets_springtideindrik_1x1.jpg

And what could the home possibly be? A free house? I can't imagine it would be something significantly large. Maybe something closer to the Apartment size?
  • weedgenius
    weedgenius
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    B0SSzombie wrote: »
    I wonder if the "Pet and Mount" rewards for the event (Not the Solar Arc Dwarven Spider you get from the newsletter sign-up, but the stuff from the actual event rewards) are either of the Indrik Mount+Pet pairs that were datamined before Summerset came out?

On the PTS, event tickets allowed you to purchase an "Emerald Indrik Feather" which is almost definitely a fragment of either of the latter Indrik pet or mount. So at least one of them is going to be purchasable with event tickets and not a reward from the event itself. It costs ten event tickets for one Emerald Indrik Feather and it takes three Emerald Indrik Feathers to create the runebox.

If I had to guess I would say the Indrik pet is the event ticket runebox reward and the mount will be Crown-exclusive. But there's a chance they will give away a free version of the pet/mount with a different color pattern aka "reskinned" (the former ones you posted) which could be the rewards for the event itself.
    Edited by weedgenius on September 12, 2018 5:26AM
    PS4 NA
    Better Homes & Gardens
  • lagrue
    lagrue
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Fischblut wrote: »

Looks like it won't be proactive and we'll have to get this achievement during the event... My main character already did it, but I have 10 alts ready to explore, if it helps to get the mount :D I want to hope that it will be proactive though, can't wait for more news! :)

Not retroactive? That sucks! I've already done Summerset 3 times; don't want to do it again (anytime soon).

I'm sure it will have to be or else they'll face many enraged people who did it 8 times on all characters (barring crown store bought slots).

It's an exceptional circumstance, I'm sure, but it is a reality for some people. My friend only plays ESO for the story (he's an odd one) and he has already done it on all his characters.
    Edited by lagrue on September 12, 2018 4:41PM
    PSN ID (NA only): Zuzu_With_a_Z
    *GRAND MASTER CRAFTER*

"You must defeat me every time. I need defeat you only once"
  • Mayrael
    Mayrael
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Ok. Hyped :D
    giphy.gif
    Say no to Toxic Casuals!
    I am doing my best, but I am not a native speaker, sorry.

"Difficulty scaling is desperately needed. 9 years. 6 paid expansions. 24 DLCs. 40 game changing updates including A Realm Reborn-tier overhaul of the game including a permanent CP160 gear cap and ridiculous power creep thereafter. I'm sick and tired of hearing about Cadwell Silver&Gold as a "you think you do but you don't"-tier deflection to any criticism regarding the lack of overland difficulty in the game." - @AlexanderDeLarge