Maintenance for the week of September 16:
• [COMPLETE] PC/Mac: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – September 16, 4:00AM EDT (8:00 UTC) – 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)
• Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – September 18, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – September 18, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
Update 44 is now available for testing on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/categories/pts

Summerfall Event

• ApostateHobo
    ApostateHobo
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I was pretty meh about the mount and pet, but the Grand Psijic Villa? If they're giving that away I'll bloody make new characters to get the achievement on lol
  • ruikkarikun
    ruikkarikun
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    NO RNG BASE REWARDS PLS.

Thank you.
  • MLGProPlayer
    MLGProPlayer
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I visited that villa once. It's huge and has an amazing view of the ocean.

The view is spectacular!
    Khajiit is wondering if we might ned to reach a certain number of daily quests perhaps?

Pure speculation of course. Just the one thing this one she can think of that can be totted up numerically yes.

Yours with paws
    Santie Claws

Didn't the datamined stuff say it was connected to the Summerset Pathfinder achievement? Maybe it will be three different achievements for the three rewards?

It's going to be a tiered reward system:
    The event is called Summerfall.
    During this event, players will be required to receive the Summerset Pathfinder achievement. Apparently, the more players get an achievement, the more valuable rewards will be available to the owners of the chapter.
    Earthmaker Earthseeker : visit all the remarkable places on Summerset.
    The awards include new pet, mount and house.
    Awards will be available to all players from whom the chapter "Summerset" was purchased .
    Progress can be tracked on the official website.

https://elderscrolls.net/2018/09/10/29442-eso-summerset-pervye-podrobnosti-o-sobytii-summerfall/

Example:

If 50k players get the achievement, then everyone gets the free pet.

If 100k get it, then everyone gets the mount and pet.

And if 500k get it, then everyone gets the house, mount, and pet.
    Edited by MLGProPlayer on September 17, 2018 4:24PM
  • DragonRacer
    DragonRacer
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    I visited that villa once. It's huge and has an amazing view of the ocean.

The view is spectacular!
    Khajiit is wondering if we might ned to reach a certain number of daily quests perhaps?

Pure speculation of course. Just the one thing this one she can think of that can be totted up numerically yes.

Yours with paws
    Santie Claws

Didn't the datamined stuff say it was connected to the Summerset Pathfinder achievement? Maybe it will be three different achievements for the three rewards?

It's going to be a tiered reward system:
    The event is called Summerfall.
    During this event, players will be required to receive the Summerset Pathfinder achievement. Apparently, the more players get an achievement, the more valuable rewards will be available to the owners of the chapter.
    Earthmaker Earthseeker : visit all the remarkable places on Summerset.
    The awards include new pet, mount and house.
    Awards will be available to all players from whom the chapter "Summerset" was purchased .
    Progress can be tracked on the official website.

https://elderscrolls.net/2018/09/10/29442-eso-summerset-pervye-podrobnosti-o-sobytii-summerfall/

Example:

If 50k players get the achievement, then everyone gets the free pet.

If 100k get it, then everyone gets the mount and pet.

And if 500k get it, then everyone gets the house, mount, and pet.

So, is that counting how many characters (one account, 8 or whatever characters) or how many accounts (a person with two accounts counting as 2 players)?
    PS5 NA. GM of The PTK's - a free trading guild (CP 500+). Also a werewolf, bites are free when they're available. PSN = DragonRacer13
  • geonsocal
    geonsocal
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    so, if I'm understanding this right - we simply need to discover all the eyeball things on the summerset map...

or, we don't have to do anything, just own the chapter and hope a lot of other people do the reward quest?
    PVP Campaigns Section: Playstation NA and EU (Gray Host) - This Must be the Place
  • majulook
    majulook
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Hmm... Then what are all the new pavilions in some of the zones for?
    Like the one outside the Eastern gate of Daggerfall near the abandoned cart.
    Si vis pacem, para bellum
  • Feric51
    Feric51
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    majulook wrote: »
    Hmm... Then what are all the new pavilions in some of the zones for?
    Like the one outside the Eastern gate of Daggerfall near the abandoned cart.

There's a pavilion just east of Daggerfall for one of the other holiday events that sits there vacant during the rest of the year. I think it's the Jester's Festival event... Are you talking about that one?
    Feric51
    Xbox NA

Darkness Falls: The Crusade survivor (you young kids will never know the struggle of text-based games)

• weedgenius
    weedgenius
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    @majulook @Feric51 Those new pavilions are for special event ticket merchants that are being added. It was introduced on the pts.
    Special Merchant & Event Tickets
    Event Tickets are a special new currency that can only be earned by participating in Holidays, DLC Celebrations, and other in-game events. Event Tickets are account-wide, so an Event Ticket earned on one character is accessible to another character immediately. You can hold up to a maximum of 10 Event Tickets on your account, and Event Tickets cannot be traded, mailed, or banked.
    • You can spend your Event Tickets at the Impresario, found just north of Vulkhel Guard in Auridon, southeast of Davon's Watch in Stonefalls, and east of Daggerfall in Glenumbra. During the Witches Festival, she will be selling an Emerald Indrik Feather for 10 Event Tickets each.
    Edited by weedgenius on September 17, 2018 5:15PM
    PS4 NA
    Better Homes & Gardens
  • p00tx
    p00tx
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Theyve been advertising the mount and pet, but this morning they finally revealed the house to be what looks like the Psijiic House but I could be very off with that one. Havent really looked at that particular house much because I wasnt interested.

Can anyone confirm if this house has been datamined already?

It's the Psijiic Villa, which is massively huge and amazing.
    PC/Xbox NA Mindmender|Swashbuckler Supreme|Planes Breaker|Dawnbringer|Godslayer|Immortal Redeemer|Gryphon Heart|Tick-tock Tormentor|Dro-m'Athra Destroyer|Stormproof|Grand Overlord|Grand Mastercrafter|Master Grappler|Tamriel Hero
  • EvilCroc
    EvilCroc
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    The best thing with Grand Psijic Villa - the lights are always the same. No day/night circle.
  • majulook
    majulook
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    weedgenius wrote: »
    @majulook @Feric51 Those new pavilions are for special event ticket merchants that are being added. It was introduced on the pts.
    Special Merchant & Event Tickets
    Event Tickets are a special new currency that can only be earned by participating in Holidays, DLC Celebrations, and other in-game events. Event Tickets are account-wide, so an Event Ticket earned on one character is accessible to another character immediately. You can hold up to a maximum of 10 Event Tickets on your account, and Event Tickets cannot be traded, mailed, or banked.
    • You can spend your Event Tickets at the Impresario, found just north of Vulkhel Guard in Auridon, southeast of Davon's Watch in Stonefalls, and east of Daggerfall in Glenumbra. During the Witches Festival, she will be selling an Emerald Indrik Feather for 10 Event Tickets each.

Oh great a new currency, just more RNG inside of RNG
    Si vis pacem, para bellum
  • SydneyGrey
    SydneyGrey
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    majulook wrote: »
    Oh great a new currency, just more RNG inside of RNG
    Apparently it'll be easy to get just by playing during festivals/events, and it'll get us free stuff. You don't HAVE to participate if you don't want to.
  • fgoron2000
    fgoron2000
    ✭✭✭✭
    geonsocal wrote: »
    so, if I'm understanding this right - we simply need to discover all the eyeball things on the summerset map...

or, we don't have to do anything, just own the chapter and hope a lot of other people do the reward quest?

be careful about that, go according to the locations listed under the summerset achievements...all but one are in summerset, and one is in artaeum, and I think at least one has something other than the eyeball icon...

what I'm wondering is, if you just need to get the achievement on one toon (account-based), or if each toon (character-based) qualifies as an entry. I believe, and hope that it's the latter, because the achievement itself is character-based...guess we'll find out tomorrow...

edit:
    i may be wrong about one of them having a non-eyeball icon, but one of them is definitely on artaeum
    Edited by fgoron2000 on September 17, 2018 11:42PM
  • LordLomax
    LordLomax
    ✭✭✭✭
    Hopefully it will count characters that already have this achievement as I have two as this is needed for Savior of Summerset .
  • fgoron2000
    fgoron2000
    ✭✭✭✭
    LordLomax wrote: »
    Hopefully it will count characters that already have this achievement as I have two as this is needed for Savior of Summerset .

one more thing, it appears you may need to earn the achievement during the event, so if the character already has it, i expect that won't count...

• LordLomax
    LordLomax
    ✭✭✭✭
    Hmm my last alt warden hasn’t done Summerset yet so can be a backup
  • Nova Sky
    Nova Sky
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    fgoron2000 wrote: »

one more thing, it appears you may need to earn the achievement during the event, so if the character already has it, i expect that won't count...

If so, that's crap. I've already explored Summerset and completed the main story line and a lot of fetch quests and side quests. I don't feel like "rediscovering" something I've already earned BEFORE there was any outside incentive to do so.
    "Wheresoever you go, go with all of your heart."
  • Sylvermynx
    Sylvermynx
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Numerikuu wrote: »
    Inb4 rng lotto reward~
    WTF is the point in "InB4's," honestly? It's like the text equivalent of "Bob was here."

Well - that's kind of a long-time (seriously long time....) human thing to do.

Juan de Oñate's carving in the living rock of El Morro, New Mexico: "Paso por aquí" - dated 1605.... Translates to "passed by here" more or less. One of the early taggers....
  • fgoron2000
    fgoron2000
    ✭✭✭✭
    Nova Sky wrote: »

If so, that's crap. I've already explored Summerset and completed the main story line and a lot of fetch quests and side quests. I don't feel like "rediscovering" something I've already earned BEFORE there was any outside incentive to do so.

well it's only a guess, so we'll see tomorrow...are there any of the eyeballs you haven't discovered yet? maybe the one in artaeum?
  • Ertosi
    Ertosi
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Nova Sky wrote: »

Looking at it from the perspective of being a new yearly event, it would need to be set up to be completed anew each year when it rolls around. Otherwise, only new players wouldn't have any need to participate to get stuff when the event happens again. That would suggest having to complete the achievements during the event.

Edit: Not saying that it will be a yearly event with any certainty. Like much in this thread, this is merely speculation.
    Edited by Ertosi on September 18, 2018 3:59AM
    PC NA @Ertosi
    ♠♦ My Team ♥♣
    GoanJabsplar [Grand Master Crafter, Master Angler, Tamriel Hero, Explorer]
    DruStamplar
    TicklesHealplar
    DixieMagplar
    FigsStamblade Sneakthief [Master Thief]
    Sir PriceStamblade Bow Ganker [Daedric Lord Slayer]
    MayaStamblade Speedster
    AhmedMagblade Bomber
    BalzarStamSorc Blitzer
    WinniePetSorc Thunder Mage
    TanksStamDK Tank
    MonaMagDK Fire Mage
    DawnHPDK
    BearlyStamden Tank
    IvanaMagden Ice Mage

CP 950+
    ♌ DC Loyalist ♌
    ✄ Grand Master Crafter
    No new crafting or game systems for 2019? "Season of the Dragon" would be better named "The Year of no New Major Features"
    https://i.imgur.com/TPscgS9.jpg to see major features of the last few years compared.
    https://i.imgur.com/X8qY0gP.jpg to see a detailed comparison of this year's Q1 to the last two Q1s.
    https://i.imgur.com/4z71cK8.jpg to see a detailed comparison of each years' first two quarters combined.
    https://i.imgur.com/jrHe5h8.jpg to see a projected comparison of the full years and what 2019's Q4 will need to catch up.
    Unsubbed January 15th, 2019 due to the lack of any new substantial features shown to be coming in 2019.
  • Cyberwolffe
    Cyberwolffe
    ✭✭✭
    I haven't been playing lately, just logging in for my daily rewards. I will make sure that i play during this event to help out the community get the rewards.
  • lillybit
    lillybit
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Maybe it'll be a second achievement, the same as Pathfinder but seperate, that can be completed during the event even if Pathfinder is done? It's the only way I can see it working :/
    PS4 EU
  • SantieClaws
    SantieClaws
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    lillybit wrote: »
    Maybe it'll be a second achievement, the same as Pathfinder but seperate, that can be completed during the event even if Pathfinder is done? It's the only way I can see it working :/

Or maybe you need to pick a certain rare flower at each location. A flower that very helpfully only blooms during festival time … ?

Yours with paws
    Santie Claws
    Shunrr's Skooma Oasis - The Movie. A housing video like no other ...
    Find it here - https://youtube.com/user/wenxue2222

Clan Claws - now recruiting khajiit and like minded others for parties, fishing and other khajiit stuff. Contact this one for an invite.

PAWS (Positively Against Wrip-off Stuff) - Say No to Crown Crates!

https://www.imperialtradingcompany.eu/
  • menathradiel
    menathradiel
    ✭✭✭✭
    Well, we shall all know what's what soon enough. They'll probably put up the details during server maintenance, which is in about half an hour.

I'm officially excited! :D
    Tank Girl
  • SantieClaws
    SantieClaws
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    The timing of the announcement together with the timing of the maintenance … maybe we could see this as soon as today?!

Well a little hope never hurt anyone no.

Just like sugar!

Yours with paws
    Santie Claws

Clan Claws - now recruiting khajiit and like minded others for parties, fishing and other khajiit stuff. Contact this one for an invite.

• lagrue
    lagrue
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    The timing of the announcement together with the timing of the maintenance … maybe we could see this as soon as today?!

Just like sugar!

Yours with paws
    Santie Claws

Hear, hear,

Pass the Moon Sugar.
    PSN ID (NA only): Zuzu_With_a_Z
    *GRAND MASTER CRAFTER*

"You must defeat me every time. I need defeat you only once"
  • lillybit
    lillybit
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    lillybit wrote: »

Or maybe you need to pick a certain rare flower at each location. A flower that very helpfully only blooms during festival time … ?

Yours with paws
    Santie Claws

I love this idea! Would be a fantastic way of doing it

Just like sugar!

Yours with paws
    Santie Claws

I thought that too - all servers having maintenance on the same day isn't usual so I'm guessing there's a reason for it, and they do like springing events on is with no warning...
    PS4 EU
  • ktdotexe
    ktdotexe
    ✭✭✭
    [deleted]
    Edited by ktdotexe on July 11, 2019 5:46PM
  • harlam
    harlam
    Really interested to see where this ends up as an event.

Ver much enjoyed all the speculation about it but I would hope there is a little more to do than just go to the pathfinder points (even if those things arent required to receive the gifts)

Also, is the homestead that is being discussed already purchasable? It would be a shame for anyone who already owns it to see everyone else get it for very little effort if so
    Harlam Nightbane - Nightblade Tank <Keepers of Nirn> - Xbox EU
  • SantieClaws
    SantieClaws
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

harlam wrote: »
    Really interested to see where this ends up as an event.

Ver much enjoyed all the speculation about it but I would hope there is a little more to do than just go to the pathfinder points (even if those things arent required to receive the gifts)

Also, is the homestead that is being discussed already purchasable? It would be a shame for anyone who already owns it to see everyone else get it for very little effort if so

No the big snooty elf mansion has not yet been on sale.

It is much anticipated so there will be many upset travellers if it turns out that only a few can obtain it yes.

Yours with paws
    Santie Claws