Maintenance for the week of September 16:
• [COMPLETE] PC/Mac: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – September 16, 4:00AM EDT (8:00 UTC) – 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)
• Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – September 18, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – September 18, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
Update 44 is now available for testing on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/categories/pts

Summerfall Event

• Jaimeh
    Jaimeh
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Lyss1991 wrote: »
    Im also confused on what exactly “100%” is. Like 100% of people that bought Summerset? People have quit playing since then, So are we already screwed on the house?

I imagine they will set a (probably arbitrary) goal of players, based on how many active accounts already own Summerset. So if they've sold 500,000 copies of Summerset (for example), they might say for the house, we need 400,000 players to get the achievement.

That number of accounts is also probably adjusted keeping in mind with how much presumably they would make from direct Villa sales.
  • majulook
    majulook
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    It has been stated here that this is account based so not gonna get big reward.

Big Hype for a event that is not possible to get to 100%.
    Edited by majulook on September 18, 2018 6:01PM
    Si vis pacem, para bellum
  • Malyndrya
    Malyndrya
    Soul Shriven
    Where are we getting only 20% have completed this already at? Is the tracker already live somewhere?

https://www.elderscrollsonline.com/en-us/summerfall
  • fgoron2000
    fgoron2000
    ✭✭✭✭
    See the following for FAQ and status:

https://elderscrollsonline.com/en-us/summerfall

The community is currently at 20% already, because pre-existing achievements DO count. In addition, the second FAQ item states that this is being tallied by account, so you don't even have to get the achievement on each character, just once and your contribution is complete. The difficult part is that to get the villa requires 100% participation, so nudge your friends and your guildies..."get out there and vote"...

just in case:

SPOILER:

It doesn't take very long at all to get the achievement. Be aware that one of the locations is in Artaeum, so even if you haven't been there, all you need to do is to run the first Summerset quest. The end of the quest directs you to Artaeum. You don't even need to finish that quest, but you might as well, because that's how you get the Psijic Order skill line. Also, make sure to touch both the Wayshrine and the eyeball location, and you can return back to Summerset to do the rest of the locations. You're done, and can go back to whatever you were doing before...

• SantieClaws
    SantieClaws
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    What if Khajiit made Spiny Tim do the achivement even if it would not count more?

Could we then get the house as a sympathy thing for Tim?

Yours with paws
    Santie Claws
    Shunrr's Skooma Oasis - The Movie. A housing video like no other ...
    Find it here - https://youtube.com/user/wenxue2222

Clan Claws - now recruiting khajiit and like minded others for parties, fishing and other khajiit stuff. Contact this one for an invite.

PAWS (Positively Against Wrip-off Stuff) - Say No to Crown Crates!

https://www.imperialtradingcompany.eu/
  • majulook
    majulook
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Malyndrya wrote: »
    Where are we getting only 20% have completed this already at? Is the tracker already live somewhere?

https://www.elderscrollsonline.com/en-us/summerfall

Its account based so if you have already got the achievement, it shows this on the tracker website
    Si vis pacem, para bellum
  • Lyss1991
    Lyss1991
    ✭✭✭✭
    Found the tracker, Thanks everyone! I didnt think it was up already so I didnt know to click on the hyperlink in the article. Good to know im done! :)
    PS4 NA EST June 2016 | GM of Tamriel’s Outkasts Social Guild | Main - Assylah - Max CP Breton Mag Sorc - Master Angler - Mageslayer - Shehai Shatterer - Ophidian Overlord | Best Thief in Tamriel - Khajiit NB Purrfecta Meowna | Aspiring Master Crafter | Achievement Hunter | Recipe/Blueprint Enthusiast | Costume Junkie | Primary Residence - Princely Dawnlight Palace
  • Mister_DMC
    Mister_DMC
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Khajiit cannot believe that only 20% have already completed the pathfinder achivement yes. If this is the case the big snooty elf house is a long way away. Something like this achivement would be already complete by most who have been to Summerset no?

Yours with paws
    Santie Claws

No, as a matter of fact I only recently set foot into vvardenfell after owing it all this time. I have done very little in summerset. I imagine there are lots of players like me.
  • fgoron2000
    fgoron2000
    ✭✭✭✭
    Audrena wrote: »
    Just turned on my PS4 to update that version of the game and I see a system event announcement message, which says Summerfall takes place from "Friday 21st Sep, 0:00 - Saturday 29th Sep, 0:00".

Probably take those times with a grain of salt as I am in Australia ;)

well, I'd assume that that's local time for you, as you're far ahead of NA as far as time zones are concerned. The official event page's FAQ states that it starts on Thursday, September 20 at 11:00 am EDT, so that Friday the 21st, is probably correct as your local time...

• SydneyGrey
    SydneyGrey
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I was hoping I could help out by doing the achievement on all 15 toons, but I guess not. I've already gotten the pathfinder achievement on one, so I'm part of the 20% already, which means I don't have anything to do for the event except sit around and glance at the scoreboard every now and then. *Sighs*
    I suppose I can stay in Artaeum and help people get the wayshrine easily, but that's about it.
  • Brigda
    Brigda
    ✭✭✭
    So I'll be honest, my heart broke when I saw this. 100%? You're never going to get 100% of gamers to do anything. There are likely folks out there who bought Summerset to grind the new dungeon for gear and think it's funny to intentionally ignore this just to spite other people who want the thing. Doesn't even matter what the thing is. I really hope and pray for the legions of people who plan to run home tonight and get their achievement done, that ZOS has some sort of "100%enough" buffer going on in the background or people are going to be really, really pissed off.
  • Gythral
    Gythral
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Do ZOS really think that it can sell 4 times as many copies of Summerset this week as have sold in total so far?
    “Be as a tower, that, firmly set,
    Shakes not its top for any blast that blows!”
    Dante Alighieri, The Divine Comedy
  • fgoron2000
    fgoron2000
    ✭✭✭✭
    Mister_DMC wrote: »
    Khajiit cannot believe that only 20% have already completed the pathfinder achivement yes. If this is the case the big snooty elf house is a long way away. Something like this achivement would be already complete by most who have been to Summerset no?

Yours with paws
    Santie Claws

No, as a matter of fact I only recently set foot into vvardenfell after owing it all this time. I have done very little in summerset. I imagine there are lots of players like me.

same here...although I've been playing for about 2 1/2 years, I'm just in the middle of completing Silver on about half of my characters, but then again, that's 15 chars, and ocd sez I gotta do all the content on each zone, not just the silver content. I've been to all the zones in the game, but won't really be making a concerted effort to do the content for a while. As far as Summerset, I've gone there with each character just to open the zone (excluding Artaeum on most), but I've only done enuf so far to get the Psijic Order skill line on some, and completed that line only one a few chars so far.

PS: I'm not in the 20% yet, but when I log in today, the first thing I'll do is to complete the achievement on one of the characters that has already been to Artaeum, and then I'm in with the rest of ya.

• anadandy
    anadandy
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Gina has clarified on the News thread that it is not 100% participation.

ZOS_GinaBruno wrote: »
    Just to clarify, we're not looking for 100% of Summerset players to complete the achievement.

THIS THREAD: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/436140/official-discussion-thread-for-unlock-a-stunning-villa-mount-pet-during-the-summerfall-event
    Edited by anadandy on September 18, 2018 6:31PM
  • Alex_Lex
    Alex_Lex
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    There is no motivation for ZOS to cheat actually and make this goal impossible to achieve. All they do now is making us play more and more.
    So granting house is a good deal for them to make us play more.

Whales who collect stuff would go on buying items, casual players who don't buy - won't never buy this house but this would stimulate them to play more to have their house complete.

ZOS makes some great thing: return players to the game.

So it's all right, there's no point for ZOS to cheat and make goal impossible

P.S. Doubleposted from another thread
    EU: Beatrice gra-Brog, Rebellie, Yshterie, Jearra , Lirielline
    Christess, Fleuretta, Jubilee Cake, Braviliana, Onyxette
    M'adjirra, Dances-around-Nirn, Nerieth, Estrice, Ann der Wood
    Éternelle, Burns-all-the-babies, Jyggurag
    NA: Dice Twice, Nikka from the barrel
  • fgoron2000
    fgoron2000
    ✭✭✭✭
    anadandy wrote: »

ZOS_GinaBruno wrote: »
    Just to clarify, we're not looking for 100% of Summerset players to complete the achievement.

Are you talking about the following link?:

https://elderscrollsonline.com/en-us/news/post/54801

If so, it sure looks to me like 100%. What specifically are they looking for then, if not 100%?

• MilwaukeeScott
    MilwaukeeScott
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Link please
    PS4NA

All I see is hate and rage from people who don't understand how to.....
  • menathradiel
    menathradiel
    ✭✭✭✭
    I'm confused... Can I do the achievement now or do I have to wait until Thursday?
    Tank Girl
  • anadandy
    anadandy
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭

Link please

https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/436140/official-discussion-thread-for-unlock-a-stunning-villa-mount-pet-during-the-summerfall-event

You're welcome.
  • anadandy
    anadandy
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Also: https://www.elderscrollsonline.com/en-us/summerfall

From the FAQ:
    Even if you only buy the new Chapter towards the end of the event and are unable to earn the Summerset Pathfinder Achievement in time, you will receive the rewards.

If you can get the reward w/out completing the achievement - that means they don't require 100% participation.
  • Acrolas
    Acrolas
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I do agree that a progress goal is frustrating without revealing the actual number. If people want to buy additional accounts to try to reach the stretch goals, that's their business.

The only problem with a set quantitative goal is what I've seen in other collector communities, where people offer a chance at prizes in exchange for purchasing ways to progress toward goal. That's a lottery, and individuals cannot run them. That may be part of the reason why ZOS isn't revealing their goal number. The other part is that so we can't point fingers at the portion of the community that didn't participate.

I know I'm two off Summerset Pathfinder because I checked the rest of those achievements after completing Imperial City Pathfinder. So we'll probably see a large jump as people who have hit most of the points hit the rest of them.

But I'm keeping expectations extremely low. Looking at just the pet this year. Because if ZOS intends to run this event for a few consecutive years, they may have set numbers with the expectation for the horse getting unlocked in September 2019 and the house as late as September 2020.

We'll do the best we can this year, of course. If we get everything, awesome. If not, it's by no means a negative reflection of the community as a whole.
    signing off
  • LordLomax
    LordLomax
    ✭✭✭✭
    Is anyone else annoyed that no twitch drops Again for console :(
  • Davor
    Davor
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I just want to make sure that I am getting this correct. All I need to do is just visit all the eyeball places? I was going to wait to go to Summerset but if all I need to do is just visit these locations that is all that is needed.

Also to make sure, this has to be done with one character correct? I guess you can't get the achievement if two characters visit them combined but since I don't understand how these things works sometimes, just making sure.
    Not my quote but I love this saying

"I would pay It for support. But since they choosed we are just numbers and not customers, i dont mind if game and zos goes to oblivion"
  • Audrena
    Audrena
    ✭✭✭
    fgoron2000 wrote: »
    well, I'd assume that that's local time for you, as you're far ahead of NA as far as time zones are concerned. The official event page's FAQ states that it starts on Thursday, September 20 at 11:00 am EDT, so that Friday the 21st, is probably correct as your local time...

Yeah, it works out to 1am Friday here (PSN probably wasn't taking summer time into account!)

• Vicarra
    Vicarra
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Davor wrote: »
    I just want to make sure that I am getting this correct. All I need to do is just visit all the eyeball places? I was going to wait to go to Summerset but if all I need to do is just visit these locations that is all that is needed.

Also to make sure, this has to be done with one character correct? I guess you can't get the achievement if two characters visit them combined but since I don't understand how these things works sometimes, just making sure.

Yep, just get the pathfinder achievement, so basically run to each of the locations and "discover" it.

You can do it on multiple characters, but for the event you only get credit once per megaserver (so once on EU and once on NA). So if you have 8 chars on the same megaserver and do it 8 times, you only get credit once.
    PAWS - Positively Against Wrip-off Stuff!

Haakon Stormblade - Nord Illusionist, Dwemer scholar, Horse Whisperer, Bringer of Storms
  • DaveMoeDee
    DaveMoeDee
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    The "subscribe to ESO News Letter" confused me a little.
    Is this new? I mean I get E-mail notices on some stuff, but not sure I have seen a "NewsLetter" and have been here since closed beta.
    Where do we subscribe for this?
    :)

I turned off emails when all I kept getting was crown store showcase nonsense.
  • JJBoomer
    JJBoomer
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I don't see the house being achieved. I see us MAYBE getting the mount. But not the house, especially given the sourness concerning the recent PTS patch note debacle. A lot of players are not happy about the balance changes and I can see them completely ignoring this event because of that.

But it is clever, put an unachievable reward into an event, and then offer it for crowns (for a limited time) once we failed so that those that REALLY want it, will be more amicable to opening the wallet.

I won't be bothered if the house isn't unlocked. It's near impossible to furnish with the slot limits anyway. Even at full 600 slots, it would look bone bare.
    Edited by JJBoomer on September 18, 2018 7:42PM
  • Taleof2Cities
    Taleof2Cities
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Pretty sure I don’t have this achievement.

Pretty sure I’ll complete it tonight to clear my name from the “naughty” list.

Pretty sure I’ll be pulling other players’ legs by saying I’ve not completed it ... when in fact it is complete. B)
  • Marcus196604
    Marcus196604
    ✭✭✭
    SydneyGrey wrote: »
    I was hoping I could help out by doing the achievement on all 15 toons, but I guess not. I've already gotten the pathfinder achievement on one, so I'm part of the 20% already, which means I don't have anything to do for the event except sit around and glance at the scoreboard every now and then. *Sighs*
    I suppose I can stay in Artaeum and help people get the wayshrine easily, but that's about it.

Since it credits per account per megaserver; so you can create a character across the ocean and get the pathfinder there also.

I play on EU PC but have not been to Summerset that much, so I only have 2 or 3 of the pathfinder. Sure as hell I will be galloping around Summerset come Thursday. And my level 5 on NA will be doing the same.
    Edited by Marcus196604 on September 18, 2018 8:34PM
    Real men don't eat honey they chew bees.