Maintenance for the week of September 16:
• [COMPLETE] PC/Mac: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – September 16, 4:00AM EDT (8:00 UTC) – 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)
• Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – September 18, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – September 18, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
Update 44 is now available for testing on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/categories/pts

Summerfall Event

• wrgagurl
    wrgagurl
    ✭✭✭
    XBOX NA need a jump to EU server to Summerset and Artaeum :)
    Lady Lagerthaa USA time about 6pm tonight, Favor returned for a jump on the NA server if needed.
    XBOX ONE X, NA
    530CP
    Magika Sorceror
    Magika Warden
    Magika Templar
  • Ilithyania
    Ilithyania
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    BXmijLu.png
    PC
  • Aebaradath
    Aebaradath
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Wow, thats pretty impressive. What's the catch?
    The shield changes make it to the Live server. That's the catch.
  • Davor
    Davor
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Vicarra wrote: »
    Davor wrote: »
    I just want to make sure that I am getting this correct. All I need to do is just visit all the eyeball places? I was going to wait to go to Summerset but if all I need to do is just visit these locations that is all that is needed.

Also to make sure, this has to be done with one character correct? I guess you can't get the achievement if two characters visit them combined but since I don't understand how these things works sometimes, just making sure.

Yep, just get the pathfinder achievement, so basically run to each of the locations and "discover" it.

You can do it on multiple characters, but for the event you only get credit once per megaserver (so once on EU and once on NA). So if you have 8 chars on the same megaserver and do it 8 times, you only get credit once.

Thank you so much. I just wanted to make sure. I get things wrong to many times. :'(
    Not my quote but I love this saying

"I would pay It for support. But since they choosed we are just numbers and not customers, i dont mind if game and zos goes to oblivion"
  • zaria
    zaria
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Vicarra wrote: »
    Davor wrote: »
    I just want to make sure that I am getting this correct. All I need to do is just visit all the eyeball places? I was going to wait to go to Summerset but if all I need to do is just visit these locations that is all that is needed.

Also to make sure, this has to be done with one character correct? I guess you can't get the achievement if two characters visit them combined but since I don't understand how these things works sometimes, just making sure.

Yep, just get the pathfinder achievement, so basically run to each of the locations and "discover" it.

You can do it on multiple characters, but for the event you only get credit once per megaserver (so once on EU and once on NA). So if you have 8 chars on the same megaserver and do it 8 times, you only get credit once.
    Ok so its no reason to do it on alts for this event if you already have it?
    Has it on main but if needed it would be fast to do on an alt.
    Grinding just make you go in circles.
    Asking ZoS for nerfs is as stupid as asking for close air support from the death star.
  • Danikat
    Danikat
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Interesting 'event'. It sounds like a lot of people are in a similar position to me - I got Summerset last time it was on sale but mainly because it was cheap so why not and so I could get started on jewellery crafting. I wasn't ready for new content so I've not done the story and barely visited the map. My crafter moved to Alinor but my other characters haven't even been to the map.

Even so it won't take long to complete the achievement. I don't really want the pet or the mount and while the house is nice I don't know what I'd do with it - the layout isn't great for an actual house. I might gut it to use the furnishings elsewhere and then do something silly with it. But I may as well do it, since the achievement won't take long.

As far as getting enough people I wouldn't be too pessimistic. Other games have done similar events - Guild Wars 2 had one during a recent festival where people had to kill 5,000 bosses over a weekend (each of which took approximately 10 minutes to kill, and about 10 minutes to respawn). People insisted it was impossible - that there's no way enough people would be available or capable of completing it. Then that goal was completed on the Friday evening and they kept adding new goals with increased rewards to keep the event going, because the new targets kept being beaten.

The same sort of thing seems to happen every month in Pokemon Go. They add events with insane sounding goals like complete 100,000 research tasks and it almost always gets completed.

There's no benefit to the company in making it impossible for players to complete. It needs to be high enough that it seems like a challenge so people make an effort to join in, but making it so demanding there's no way to succeed is just going to disappoint players and put them off trying next time.
    PC EU player | She/her/hers | PAWS (Positively Against Wrip-off Stuff) - Say No to Crown Crates!

"Remember in this game we call life that no one said it's fair"
  • mrpaxman
    mrpaxman
    ✭✭✭
    "To help unlock these new rewards, you must acquire the Summerset Pathfinder Achievement by visiting all 10 of ESO: Summerset’s “Striking Locales” located on both the home of the High Elves and the mystical island headquarters of the Psijic Order. Every day, we’ll update the Summerfall Event page to indicate the ESO community’s progress with a special meter. The pet will unlock at 33%, the mount at 66%, and finally the home at 100%. If you’ve already earned this Achievement, don’t worry, we’ve already included you in the tally."

"In order to be eligible to receive the rewards, you must have logged into the game while owning ESO: Summerset at least once (since its initial launch in June) by Sunday, October 7 at 8:00PM EDT. Note that rewards will be delivered by October 10, and even if you were unable to acquire the Summerset Pathfinder Achievement, as long as you have logged into the game while owning ESO: Summerset by October 7, you will receive the unlocked rewards for free. Don’t forget to thank your fellow players!"

Can i also get the items if i don't bother with the achievement?

EDIT: I got the answer of "yes" from 1 guildie while the rest of us were confused on many things. Having 2 pages with a lot of info along with the wording and order of it all is hard to follow. Just 1 of those examples is shown above before the edit. other confusing things which others have been asked in this thread were asked by many of my guildies also
    Edited by mrpaxman on September 18, 2018 10:48PM
    Victory or Valhalla!
    PC NA
  • SydneyGrey
    SydneyGrey
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Since it credits per account per megaserver; so you can create a character across the ocean and get the pathfinder there also.
    I play on EU PC but have not been to Summerset that much, so I only have 2 or 3 of the pathfinder. Sure as hell I will be galloping around Summerset come Thursday. And my level 5 on NA will be doing the same.
    Yep. I technically already had a couple of barely-used characters on the alternate server, so I just managed to get the pathfinder achievement on one of those this afternoon. So I've now done it on both servers. I wish I could do more.
  • Unfadingsilence
    Unfadingsilence
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yaaaaaaaaay I love non PVP events! :grin:

I know right since PVE gets 5 plus every year and pvp only gets 2....
  • Feric51
    Feric51
    ✭✭✭✭✭

wrgagurl wrote: »
    XBOX NA need a jump to EU server to Summerset and Artaeum :)
    Lady Lagerthaa USA time about 6pm tonight, Favor returned for a jump on the NA server if needed.

If you’re starting a new character on the Server, it will start you in Summerset. Will only need a jump to Arteum.
    Feric51
    Xbox NA

Darkness Falls: The Crusade survivor (you young kids will never know the struggle of text-based games)

• NetViperX
    NetViperX
    ✭✭✭✭
    I have seen tons of people doing this achievement on both NA and EU server today, yet the progress bar is still showing 20%. I hope this means bar only updates once a day, and not that everyone doing this achievement between now and Thursday when it officially starts will not be counted.
  • LordLomax
    LordLomax
    ✭✭✭✭
    Yes it up dates once a day and Gina confirmed they will all count before the start date no need to wait for event to start
  • Vrany69
    Vrany69
    ✭✭✭
    what a bait, 100% of all people who own summerset lololol ye right
  • Freddycruz89
    Freddycruz89
    ✭✭✭
    This sounds a lot like crown crates' ugly sister you didn't know about until now. That house better be for sale if the goal is not met or I will loose my sweetrolls!

Angry-Meme-Transparent-PNG.png?noredirect
    Octavius Maximus, Founder of The Maester' Order
    PS4 NA. Role Player. Housing Fanatic. Part Time Achievement Hunter.
    | Princely Dawnlight Palace |
  • Queenmab
    Queenmab
    ✭✭
    Vrany69 wrote: »
    what a bait, 100% of all people who own summerset lololol ye right

It’s 100% of the number of people they set as the goal. They won’t give the number, but they’ve said that it isn’t the whole population of who owns Summerset.