Update 44 is now available for testing on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/categories/pts
Maintenance for the week of September 30:
• PC/Mac: NA and EU megaservers for maintenance – September 30, 4:00AM EDT (8:00 UTC) - 8:00AM EDT (12:00 UTC)
• Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – October 2, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – October 2, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Magplar PvP

• katorga
    katorga
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    47 pages is because Templar is probably the toughest class in the game to build for when it comes to being both survivable and able to reliably secure a kill. That's why there is so much discussion and variability in sets and skills.

Actually that is what makes templar fun for me. It is true for NB as well. Variety.

My sorc has had the same basic build and bars, both mag and stam, for a really, really long time because there just are not other options that work.
    Edited by katorga on October 7, 2018 6:07PM
  • tinythinker
    tinythinker
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    This thread moves a bit fast...

So for simplicity, what would be the three best sets to farm right now for a 5 light magplar (taking any Murkmire changes into consideration)?

Experienced, new, returner? Help keep ESO's community strong ᕙ༼ຈل͜ຈ༽ᕗ -- share what you love about the game, offer constructive feedback, and make friends.ʕ·ᴥ·ʔ

. . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .

Who are you in Tamriel (whether it's just your character's attitude & style or a full backstory)? - Share your Character's Story! ◔ ⌣ ◔
    (And let us know 🔷What Kind of Roleplayer You Are🔷 - even if that only extends to choosing your race)

. . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .

Support Mudcrab Mode for ESO (\/)!_!(\/) - part joke, part serious, all glorious! You butter be ready for this
  • technohic
    technohic
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

So for simplicity, what would be the three best sets to farm right now for a 5 light magplar (taking any Murkmire changes into consideration)?

If I'm running 5 light, I definitely want impregnable personally. Pretty easy to get or buy as well.
  • Minno
    Minno
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    technohic wrote: »

If I'm running 5 light, I definitely want impregnable personally. Pretty easy to get or buy as well.
    technohic wrote: »

Definitely. And valkyn; go complete content to get that set.
    Minno - DC - Forum-plar Extraordinaire
    - Guild-lead for MV
    - Filthy Casual
  • LeifErickson
    LeifErickson
    ✭✭✭✭✭

I heard the console meta was 5 pariah 5 trans in light. Never tried it, but if it's a meta somewhere it's gotta be decent.
  • Brutusmax1mus
    Brutusmax1mus
    ✭✭✭✭✭

It all depends on your goal/ playstyle.

If you're in small group, i don't think you make a bigger impact than spc/trans both back barred with snb, front bar could be any thing from vma resto to add more support, masters staff, willpower. It actually does great solo too, but there's better.

Bright throats will be incredible, can't wait.
  • Ariades_swe
    Ariades_swe
    ✭✭✭✭✭

I heard the console meta was 5 pariah 5 trans in light. Never tried it, but if it's a meta somewhere it's gotta be decent.

That's a bit overkill imho.
    Impreg is more than enough.
  • SugaComa
    SugaComa
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    xGhost91x wrote: »
    @danno8 Well put. If anything, this thread has shown me that Magicka Templars are quite possibly the most diverse class to play. I've been blown away by the sheer amount of information in this thread.

I think it's down to the passion of the players who play templars, they genuinely seem to love the class and build them to function for their own style of play.

I find the Templar is the thinking players class
    Edited by SugaComa on October 8, 2018 6:14PM
  • SugaComa
    SugaComa
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Depends what you want to do ?

Support, healer, killer ...

I run variants of the following in differing setups
    Monster-
    Skoria, chudan, illambris.

Sets, either I have both body and jewelry in all depending how I want to mix them

Trans, vicious death, julianos, innate axiom, callurians, sloads, prisoners rags, cyrodils light, soulshine, impregnable, fortified brass, duroks bane, elf bane, rattlecage, overwhelming surge, spell power cure, worm cult, shackle breaker, mother's sorrow and probably a a few others

I like to mix n match and sometimes will mix a set up just to compensate for something I need to kill one player ....

Yes I'm that frustrating player who fights the same guy repeatedly, it helps learn what I am missing in my build and helps me improve my playstyle
  • Gibus043
    Gibus043
    Yesterday I decided to swap my MagPlar to PvP
    I tried with the same gear I use on my MagDK (Axiom/Lich/Valkyn SnB/Destro 5/2 light) and I did a couple of battlegrounds

It went fine, but I'm starting to think you -need- a Greatsword
    If there's a MagDK (Talons) and/or someone with Frost Blockade you're perma-immobilized. Even with cleanse
  • Elong
    Elong
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Gibus043 wrote: »
    Yesterday I decided to swap my MagPlar to PvP
    I tried with the same gear I use on my MagDK (Axiom/Lich/Valkyn SnB/Destro 5/2 light) and I did a couple of battlegrounds

It went fine, but I'm starting to think you -need- a Greatsword
    If there's a MagDK (Talons) and/or someone with Frost Blockade you're perma-immobilized. Even with cleanse

Run shacklebreaker instead of axiom, the extra 2k stam will help a lot and there isn't a lot between the two when it comes to damage. Shackle/Lich/Skoria is my bread and butter Magplar setup.
  • Elong
    Elong
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    I also use 2h I should add.
  • TheDoomsdayMonster
    TheDoomsdayMonster
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    SugaComa wrote: »
    xGhost91x wrote: »
    @danno8 Well put. If anything, this thread has shown me that Magicka Templars are quite possibly the most diverse class to play. I've been blown away by the sheer amount of information in this thread.

I think it's down to the passion of the players who play templars, they genuinely seem to love the class and build them to function for their own style of play.

I find the Templar is the thinking players class

100% agreed...

I love my Magplar and will play him until Zenimax shuts down the servers...
    Unyeilding Bias
    PSN TheLordofMurder
    PS4 NA
    Magicka Templar
    DC
    The Combat Physician: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZKaqUVm_8JE&t=142s
  • Minno
    Minno
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Elong wrote: »
    I also use 2h I should add.

shackle is clutch, agreed.

Next patch you can swap shackle for 5pc deep-throat + restoring rune (if you are using ele drain+1600 unbuffed regen) and it feel the same for stamina sustain.
    - Guild-lead for MV
    - Filthy Casual
  • Brutusmax1mus
    Brutusmax1mus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    HahahahahahahHahHHhHH deep throat is a great set @Minno
  • Minno
    Minno
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

I refuse to call it "bright-throat". I don't even know what it means lol.
    - Guild-lead for MV
    - Filthy Casual
  • paulsimonps
    paulsimonps
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Minno wrote: »

"Bright-Throat’s Boast" it boasts about how much it brightens peoples days, hint hint.
  • DeadlyRecluse
    DeadlyRecluse
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    I'm a big fan of calling it "magicka bone pirate."

Magicka bone pirate+Magicka hundings is a nice base for templar....
    Thrice Empress, Forever Scrub
  • Minno
    Minno
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

"Bright-Throat’s Boast" it boasts about how much it brightens peoples days, hint hint.

Well it is a kenning, but it doesn't mean anything substantial lol.
    Unless it refer's to singing (like for example oar-steed would mean a ship). But like I said means nothing lol.

Or it refers to an argonian called Bright-throat. So he either sings (or says beautiful hand-bag poetry) or is a drunk argonian that loves his esophagus lol.

Which means deep-throat makes more sense lol
    - Guild-lead for MV
    - Filthy Casual
  • Ariades_swe
    Ariades_swe
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I tried out heavy sloads/overwhelming and shadowrend today.
    Very effective but it made me feel a bit dirty.
    Edited by Ariades_swe on October 9, 2018 4:46PM
  • Solariken
    Solariken
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    I do use Radiant, as it's helpful to finish off that dodgerolling NB or maintain pressure on someone beating up on a friend. It's certainly the worst execute in the game though. I'd like to drop it but everytime I do a stam player gets away from me with 10% HP left and gets to reset the fight.

Now you know why I use unstable core ;)

Yeah I really need to give it an extended run.

It's a good skill, needs its detonation time reduced imo.

Pro tip for using Unstable Core in your combo: don't put points in Enduring Rays ;)

You can set something up like this:

LA + Ele Drain, swap
    Pury Light, UC, Dark Flare, Jabs/DBoS/Radiant

This is a powerhouse combo and Core will explode right before Pury AND you will land most of your Flare attempts since the enemy will be busy spamming break free :trollface:

Edited by Solariken on October 9, 2018 5:07PM
  • technohic
    technohic
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Solariken wrote: »
    I do use Radiant, as it's helpful to finish off that dodgerolling NB or maintain pressure on someone beating up on a friend. It's certainly the worst execute in the game though. I'd like to drop it but everytime I do a stam player gets away from me with 10% HP left and gets to reset the fight.

Now you know why I use unstable core ;)

Yeah I really need to give it an extended run.

It's a good skill, needs its detonation time reduced imo.

Pro tip for using Unstable Core in your combo: don't put points in Enduring Rays ;)

You can set something up like this:

LA + Ele Drain, swap
    Pury Light, UC, Dark Flare, Jabs/DBoS/Radiant

This is a powerhouse combo and Core will explode right before Pury AND you will land most of your Flare attempts since the enemy will be busy spamming break free :trollface:

I hate the enduring rays passive for the most part. Thanks for this idea. I have been running time stop or whatever the instant cast slow into stun one is called and basically just dumping it on myself which deters some melee briefly but have been considering going to UC for more instant applications. This might actually work. I mean; the actual CC to me is not as important as just making the target react in a way other than staying offensive on me, and allowing me to then go offensive myself.
  • VirtualElizabeth
    VirtualElizabeth
    ✭✭✭✭

What is the Magicka Hundings set? Thanks!!!
    @ElizabethInTamriel; @ElizabethInESO
    NA/PC
    Eleanour Masterham - Breton Templar
    Elise Masterham - Breton Magicka Nightblade
    Elinora Valen - Dunmer MagDK
    Elsa Masterham - Breton Mag Warden
  • Mrsinister2
    Mrsinister2
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Julianos
  • VirtualElizabeth
    VirtualElizabeth
    ✭✭✭✭

Julianos

Ah thanks! Thought maybe there was something new with Murkmire.
    @ElizabethInTamriel; @ElizabethInESO
    NA/PC
    Eleanour Masterham - Breton Templar
    Elise Masterham - Breton Magicka Nightblade
    Elinora Valen - Dunmer MagDK
    Elsa Masterham - Breton Mag Warden
  • DeadlyRecluse
    DeadlyRecluse
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭

Julianos

No, I'm just being cheeky. But I mean, Julianos is pretty much Magicka Hundings.
  • paulsimonps
    paulsimonps
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭

Julianos

No, I'm just being cheeky. But I mean, Julianos is pretty much Magicka Hundings.

Hundings did come first, it was base game, Julianos was not :tongue:
  • DeadlyRecluse
    DeadlyRecluse
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭

Julianos

Hundings did come first, it was base game, Julianos was not :tongue:

...that's the joke. Same as Bright-Throat and Bone Pirate. I'm pretty sure I even remember people calling Juli "magicka hundings" when Orsinium dropped.

Either way, the joke wasn't very funny to begin with, and it's dragging us away from the more important topic: how cool is Crescent Sweep?
  • Brutusmax1mus
    Brutusmax1mus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Is jewels of misrule a drink?
  • Syiccal
    Syiccal
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Is jewels of misrule a drink?

yes