Update 44 is now available for testing on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/categories/pts
Maintenance for the week of September 30:
• PC/Mac: NA and EU megaservers for maintenance – September 30, 4:00AM EDT (8:00 UTC) - 8:00AM EDT (12:00 UTC)
• Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – October 2, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – October 2, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Magplar PvP

• Syiccal
    Syiccal
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    although imo the best drink to use with bright throats on a magplar will be dubious.
    I'm pretty certain it will give better stats than schackle
  • Brutusmax1mus
    Brutusmax1mus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Syiccal wrote: »
    Is jewels of misrule a drink?

yes

Ok sweet
  • Minno
    Minno
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

yes

Ok sweet

UESP editor calls jewels of misrule a food.

There are only like 5 drinks in the game and some are called beverages.
    Minno - DC - Forum-plar Extraordinaire
    - Guild-lead for MV
    - Filthy Casual
  • Brutusmax1mus
    Brutusmax1mus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Minno wrote: »

yes

Ok sweet

UESP editor calls jewels of misrule a food.

There are only like 5 drinks in the game and some are called beverages.

Lame
  • Elong
    Elong
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    I will definitely be using deep-throat haha.
  • Datolite
    Datolite
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Elong wrote: »

Do you think Throat+Pariah+Skoria with stam drink and SD enchants would be a well balanced setup? 5/1/1 light.
  • Brutusmax1mus
    Brutusmax1mus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Datolite wrote: »

Do you think Throat+Pariah+Skoria with stam drink and SD enchants would be a well balanced setup? 5/1/1 light.
    Why stam drink?
  • Datolite
    Datolite
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Why stam drink?

Because you need to get it from somewhere. I have my magic pool covered with Bright Throat. Tri-stat glyphs wouldn't be enough, not without some regen. Dubious would be the perfect pairing.
  • Brutusmax1mus
    Brutusmax1mus
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Why stam drink?

Because you need to get it from somewhere. I have my magic pool covered with Bright Throat. Tri-stat glyphs wouldn't be enough, not without some regen. Dubious would be the perfect pairing.

You don't think shackle and tristats enough?
  • Datolite
    Datolite
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Why stam drink?

You don't think shackle and tristats enough?

If you read my post you'd see I'm using Pariah not Shackle.

An alternative build I want to try with vampire...

Bright-Throat
    War Maiden
    Bloodspawn

All impen 5/1/1 light
    Tri stat glyphs, SD glyphs, 3x swift
    Witchmother's brew and tri-pots

Bats and solar barrage with lightning staff for AoE and heals
    Swift mist form because squishy

Solid stats, big damage and big heals, crazy sustain, easy escape. Maybe missing some stam regen but that's what mist and tri pots are for. I wonder if bloodspawn and Bats is enough for survivability in melee.
  • Elong
    Elong
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭

There's a tri stat drink from Clockwork, I'll be using that.

Not sure on Pariah, will probably use Shacklebreaker to start with.
  • Checkmath
    Checkmath
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    wow i finally got at the end of this thread once again....and i do not even know to which comment i should make a remark anymore^^
  • SugaComa
    SugaComa
    ✭✭✭✭✭
  • Gibus043
    Gibus043
    I don't have much experience with magplar
    Can you share your bar setups for Battlegrounds / Openworld No-CP?

I was thinking to try something like this:
    https://en.uesp.net/wiki/Special:EsoBuildData?id=90710
  • Minno
    Minno
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Gibus043 wrote: »

Looks fairly meta!

One thing, I would swap degeneration with channeled focus. It will boost your max mag on the willpower bar. You will hit 30k max mag with that change alone.

Also your stats don't account for minor sorcery, major propercy, and any regen buffs from pots (the buffs arent active on your build editor.)
    Edited by Minno on October 10, 2018 1:56PM
    - Guild-lead for MV
    - Filthy Casual
  • DeadlyRecluse
    DeadlyRecluse
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭

Looks like a very solid all-around build. A few pieces of feedback:

1. Assuming you are using sweeps as a spammable, I'd personally try and fit it on your 2H bar. You'll get more damage out of it that way, and you don't really benefit from sword and board that much while channeling.
    2. I'd stay flexible with your ult--if you are planning on only running one offensive ult, it will be useful to swap an AOE option in for some fights/BG modes, especially if you are running premade or with a pug team that happens to stay together pretty well.

There's a lot of other tweaks that could be made, but they are mainly personal preference.
    Thrice Empress, Forever Scrub
  • TheDoomsdayMonster
    TheDoomsdayMonster
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    With the coming change to Major Evasion, anyone here going to revisit Spectre's Eye/Hist Bark/Gossamer?

After all, 25% resist to all AoE looks really good on paper...

Yes, it will suffer from diminishing returns, but the damage negation should be significant...
    Unyeilding Bias
    PSN TheLordofMurder
    PS4 NA
    Magicka Templar
    DC
    The Combat Physician: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZKaqUVm_8JE&t=142s
  • Brutusmax1mus
    Brutusmax1mus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    With the coming change to Major Evasion, anyone here going to revisit Spectre's Eye/Hist Bark/Gossamer?

Yes, it will suffer from diminishing returns, but the damage negation should be significant...

It's not nearly as much as most are ASSUMING, although gossamer could be used in zerg vs zerg
  • Solariken
    Solariken
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭

Gossamer can still be great in group (depending on comp) but SE and HB still aren't that interesting IMO.

Have you tried Impreg? I'd suggest not wasting time with those gimmick sets and wear something more reliable.
  • TheDoomsdayMonster
    TheDoomsdayMonster
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Solariken wrote: »

Gossamer can still be great in group (depending on comp) but SE and HB still aren't that interesting IMO.

Have you tried Impreg? I'd suggest not wasting time with those gimmick sets and wear something more reliable.

You know Impreg may be more reliable than some of the lesser used 'gimmick' sets, but those sets can (in short spurts) out perform Impregnable...
    Unyeilding Bias
    PSN TheLordofMurder
    PS4 NA
    Magicka Templar
    DC
  • TheDoomsdayMonster
    TheDoomsdayMonster
    ✭✭✭✭✭

It's not nearly as much as most are ASSUMING, although gossamer could be used in zerg vs zerg

Agreed...

Let's examine some math...

If one has max resists and is subject to a 10000 point AoE attack, your resists bring the damage down to half (5000 points of damage)...

Major Evasion will then reduce the damage by another 25% bringing it down to 3750; saving you another 1250 points of damage...

In other words, Major Evasion only negated 1250 of the original 10000 points of damage which is 12.5% damage negation...

In conclusion, Major Evasion will be good (and you will see a noticeable difference vs AoE), but it won't be overpowering...
    Unyeilding Bias
    PSN TheLordofMurder
    PS4 NA
    Magicka Templar
    DC
  • BNOC
    BNOC
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Looks like a very solid all-around build. A few pieces of feedback:

1. Assuming you are using sweeps as a spammable, I'd personally try and fit it on your 2H bar. You'll get more damage out of it that way, and you don't really benefit from sword and board that much while channeling.
    2. I'd stay flexible with your ult--if you are planning on only running one offensive ult, it will be useful to swap an AOE option in for some fights/BG modes, especially if you are running premade or with a pug team that happens to stay together pretty well.

There's a lot of other tweaks that could be made, but they are mainly personal preference.

1& 2 are good points.

I run basically the same skill setup just with RD in place of Total Dark for BG's - In Cyro TD is probably more beneficial to you.

I also run Dawny front bar for a nice burst finisher/stun-all/surprise motherfu and Meteor back bar for the "Dawny aint working, let me try something else" moments. As DeadlyRecluse suggested though, these are pretty flex - I personally don't rate Soul Assault, not outside of duels.
    So unless you just happen to be in a 1v1 situation and providing you're funnelling etc, even disturbance or whatever would probably be better.

In BG's (If you don't play too defensively) you can probably drop your food and run WMPB or CCF for a bit more damage and sustain (I know you have Lich) - You've got swords on both bars and it only takes 2 seconds to swing a heavy if you need stam back.

Give it a go and let us know, assuming you have the lich it's not a dear one to build.
    vMSA - Magplar - Xbox EU - 15/11/16
    578,000 - 36 Minutes 58 Seconds (Top 2 World?)

vMSA - Magplar - Xbox NA
    569,000 - 40 minutes (350CP, Non optimised runs)
  • Rhaegar75
    Rhaegar75
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    what's this renewed hype about light armour in PvP?
  • ccmedaddy
    ccmedaddy
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Rhaegar75 wrote: »
    One of the arguments against LA on live is that the the extra pen and crit you get from LA are useless against shield users. Next patch that's no longer that case.
  • Minno
    Minno
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ccmedaddy wrote: »
    One of the arguments against LA on live is that the the extra pen and crit you get from LA are useless against shield users. Next patch that's no longer that case.

And the crit boosts your heals, especially in CP pvp where you can still get 20% extra crit dmg to your heals via elfborn.
    So you go from a 1.5% modifer to a 1.7% modifier on all your BOL/purfying light hots (15000 tooltip BOL turns into a 22,100 BOL).

HA is SOL because your crit chance would barely break 35% unless you grab a crit based set. Not to mention sustain of LA got a boost with snare reduction+sprint cost reduction.
    - Guild-lead for MV
    - Filthy Casual
  • DeadlyRecluse
    DeadlyRecluse
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭

Pen/crit applying to shields, a wee mobility buff, and the only real nerf to light armor being the harness changes--when many magplar LA builds don't run harness, anyway.
  • Brutusmax1mus
    Brutusmax1mus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    My buddy and i play on light if and only if we're both supporting each other with set bonuses. I run trans spc both back barred, he runs wizard. Otherwise, light doesn't cut it vs the hordes in cyro. We're not fond of the kite, isolate, dump style on our templars. Gimme 2vx open field all day. Honor!!!
  • technohic
    technohic
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Pen/crit applying to shields, a wee mobility buff, and the only real nerf to light armor being the harness changes--when many magplar LA builds don't run harness, anyway.

And minor protection now applies after any spear ability so you don't have to use the non magicka returning focus. Ironically though, now that it restores stamina, is as cheap, and with magicka bone pirate, many will run that morph now and we lost vitality from it.

I'm not sure templar has been buffed. Cards have been shuffled at least.
  • Minno
    Minno
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    technohic wrote: »

And minor protection now applies after any spear ability so you don't have to use the non magicka returning focus. Ironically though, now that it restores stamina, is as cheap, and with magicka bone pirate, many will run that morph now and we lost vitality from it.

we traded 100% uptime on MP and 8% healing receive for stamina incoming during combat/block/sprint. One of the templar painpoints was no defense against excessive CC's incoming, and restoring rune helps alleviate that drain.

wrong or right is another story. Will be interesting to play come end of oct.
    - Guild-lead for MV
    - Filthy Casual
  • DeadlyRecluse
    DeadlyRecluse
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    technohic wrote: »

Absolutely.

I'm...mostly confident my specific setup has been buffed, but templar overall could go either way.

The question about light armor seems clear, though. In a vacuum, the changes make light armor stronger as long as you don't run harness anyway.