We will be performing maintenance for patch 10.2.0 on the PTS on Monday at 8:00AM EDT (12:00 UTC).

Maintenance for the week of September 16:
• [IN PROGRESS] PC/Mac: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – September 16, 4:00AM EDT (8:00 UTC) – 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)
• Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – September 18, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – September 18, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Sloads..................

• Sharee
    Sharee
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    pieratsos wrote: »
    Sharee wrote: »
    ezio45 wrote: »
    Also I cant believe I need to say this but unmitigated damage should not stack.

A shielded character with multiple sloads on it isn't any worse off than an unshielded character with multiple normal dots on it, so i don't see why the former should not stack when with the latter stacking is fine.

You dont see the difference between normal dmg and oblivion dmg?

For a character without shields, there is no practical difference between being affected by a normal DOT and an oblivion DOT.

There is no practical difference between a dot that ignores all resistances, mitigations, block etc and normal dot? Are you serious now?

From a practical standpoint, how i deal with sload is no different from how i deal with any other DOT.
    So yes, there is no practical difference for my stam DK whether he is affected by sload DOT, or just any other type of DOT.

As for the "but it ignores all resistances!!!" mantra: remember it also ignores most damage buffs. In the end, it does not matter what it ignores or not, the only important thing is how much damage it does. And in that department, sload is nothing special.

There is absolutely a huge difference between the two. Im sorry but PVP is as not as black and white as you think it is. Just because both do dmg it doesnt make them the same.

I did not say they are the same. Just that for my DK, there is no practical difference between them. Meaning, what i care about is how much damage i am taking, not how the damage is categorized.

There is no "bleeding, meh" but "sload! OMG!". I just threat them the same(even tho the bleeding is usually worse). The only real difference is that when i see the purple cloud, i think to myself "another sucker who believed the forum BS".
  • pieratsos
    pieratsos
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭

A shielded character with multiple sloads on it isn't any worse off than an unshielded character with multiple normal dots on it, so i don't see why the former should not stack when with the latter stacking is fine.

For a character without shields, there is no practical difference between being affected by a normal DOT and an oblivion DOT.

There is no practical difference between a dot that ignores all resistances, mitigations, block etc and normal dot? Are you serious now?

From a practical standpoint, how i deal with sload is no different from how i deal with any other DOT.
    So yes, there is no practical difference for my stam DK whether he is affected by sload DOT, or just any other type of DOT.

As for the "but it ignores all resistances!!!" mantra: remember it also ignores most damage buffs. In the end, it does not matter what it ignores or not, the only important thing is how much damage it does. And in that department, sload is nothing special.

There is absolutely a huge difference between the two. Im sorry but PVP is as not as black and white as you think it is. Just because both do dmg it doesnt make them the same.

I did not say they are the same. Just that for my DK, there is no practical difference between them. Meaning, what i care about is how much damage i am taking, not how the damage is categorized.

There is no "bleeding, meh" but "sload! OMG!". I just threat them the same(even tho the bleeding is usually worse). The only real difference is that when i see the purple cloud, i think to myself "another sucker who believed the forum BS".

So just because on ur DK there is no practical difference then it means that there is also no practical difference for everyone else even tho one of them actually ignores every defense mechanic in the game except for healing.

And yes everyone who use sloads are suckers that believed the forum bs. Thats why even top players are using the set. Lmao.

Ok buddy its safe to say that this conversation with you wont lead anywhere.
  • Sharee
    Sharee
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

So just because on ur DK there is no practical difference then it means that there is also no practical difference for everyone else even tho one of them actually ignores every defense mechanic in the game except for healing.

Because there is no practical difference between sload and another DOT, there is no reason why the former should be prevented from stacking while the latter still stacks.

In other words, if my DK can get hit by four bleeds, there is no reason why your sorc shouldn't get hit by four sloads.
  • Gnortranermara
    Gnortranermara
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ...for my DK...what i care about...

Well that certainly settles every question about how the entire game should be balanced, doesn't it?

Really, this is a stunning level of self-centeredness and personal bias. ESO is not a solo game populated with nothing but NPC's as far as the eye can see. There are other people in the universe. Balance matters.
    Because there is no practical difference between sload and another DOT

Yes, there is. It has been clearly explained to you, but you simply refuse to accept the facts.
    if my DK can get hit by four bleeds, there is no reason why your sorc shouldn't get hit by four sloads.

Yes, there is. Sorcs invest in a mitigation strategy that imposes an opportunity cost onto them. They pay for their defenses with constant GCD costs and resource drain. As a result, they should have some defensive advantages over your DK. Sload's can be a good 1v1 counterplay to bypass those defenses. But it should NOT stack. Suffering from 1 Sload stack is fine, but multiple stacks should not be imposed on a character that is paying for their defenses in ways that you do not. You, who do not pay the opportunity costs of defense, SHOULD be able to suffer multiple bleeds/DOTs/whatever. The whole point of investing in defensive strategies (shields, armor, buffs, etc) is that they should reduce incoming damage. Irresistible damage stacking contradicts the whole purpose of defensive strategies, leaving the players who made such investments at a distinct disadvantage against those who did not and suffer none of the opportunity costs. Preventing stacking levels the playing field. Their defensive investment would not stop all damage, since 1 stack gets through, but it would protect them from something that you rightfully should suffer since you're not paying the opportunity costs that they pay. Seeing Sload's and Viper/bleeds/etc as equivalent is a privilege that you enjoy as a non-defensive player. To others who have paid dearly to reduce incoming damage, Sload stacking destroys an entire playstyle.

(The same logic holds true for those investing in high armor resistances, slotting defensive buffs, and other mitigations strategies "your DK" does not use. Sorc shields just seem to be the one you're obsessed over.)

And for the record, I've never taken a mag sorc into PvP aside from a quick skill leveling.
    Edited by Gnortranermara on July 15, 2018 7:41PM
  • Rianai
    Rianai
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Sloads is NOT a skill, it does not costs resources, it does not take up a GCD, it does not take up bar space, does not require you to run a certain class or weapon, ... So please don't compare it to skills. Compare it to other sets. Because that's what it is. Just a freaking set. And as such it shouldn't outperform most other offensive sets.

Whether bleeds are balanced or not is an entirely different topic. It has nothing to do with gear balance.
  • pieratsos
    pieratsos
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭

Because there is no practical difference between sload and another DOT, there is no reason why the former should be prevented from stacking while the latter still stacks.

In other words, if my DK can get hit by four bleeds, there is no reason why your sorc shouldn't get hit by four sloads.

Oh ok, so all this had nothing to do with actual balance but more with just another "i hate sorc" rant. Got it. Well, like i said this conversation wont lead anywhere with that mindset of urs.
  • JPcrazysquirrel3
    JPcrazysquirrel3
    ✭✭✭✭
    I wish I could elect to no longer receive notifications from this cursed thread.

65 notifications and 60 of them were for this thread.
    "Wood Elves aren't made of wood. Sea Elves aren't made of water. M'aiq still wonders about High Elves."
    "It's just not a home until you decorate the torture chamber, am I right?"
    "If you want to lose 10lbs of ugly fat, I'd be happy to chop your head off!"
    "Degenerates!" --- Todd Howard
    "If it's not broke, don't fix it,....unless you're ZO$ and are just doing it for the money!" --- Me
    Mayrael wrote: »
    Class reps are just like our politicians. They promise mountains made of gold for us, but in the end, whenever they can they try to push their own agenda.

¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Bio:
    I am in a Kevduit video
    PS4 (main platform)
    --- JP_Dovahkriid

PC (just for PTS since Dragon Bones)
    --- JP_Dovahkriid

Playing since console release in 2015

17 characters; mainly play PvE tanks and healer, as well as PvP stamDK, magplar, and stamblade; I also have a handful of DPS toons to have variety. All AD, with one, now PvE, DC toon.

I was on the forums before, but something happened with my account info and I had to create a new account.
  • Gnortranermara
    Gnortranermara
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I wish I could elect to no longer receive notifications from this cursed thread.

65 notifications and 60 of them were for this thread.

Check your settings. Profile -> Notification Preferences. I get no notifications unless I'm the OP for a thread.
  • IZZEFlameLash
    IZZEFlameLash
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    The real problem is Sload stacking. Irresistible damage from multiple sources should NEVER stack. That's mind-numbingly stupid game design and the developer responsible for it should either learn to do better or retire in shame.

If my stamina DK can be affected by multiple vipers ticking for ~800 each, i don't see why a sorc should not be affected by multiple sloads ticking for ~800 each.

Having a shield does not make one special.

How do you even get hit by Vipers for 800s? The hardest Viper hit I've got hit by was around 400~500 at the most.
    Imperials, the one and true masters of all mortal races of Tamriel
  • The_Protagonist
    The_Protagonist
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Rianai wrote: »
    Quite interesting to see that a certain part of the ESO community decide by themselves who is good and who is a scrub. While everyone is entitled to their opinion, I find that this thing about sloads is dragging a little too long now. If someone wears sloads they are a scrub, if someone wore viper back in 1T, they were a scrub.

It makes me wonder, that these 'good' players are no different to new players who were not used to dying and complaining.

If we go by the standards of these 'good' players, then we should never have any deaths in PvP, and all we will see is players heavy attacking each other for all eternity.

To be honest it is sickening to see these repeated sloads threads. Please stop.

I know plenty of good players who use Sloads. But they are fully aware about how strong the set is (that's why they use it after all) and not trying to downplay or defend it.

That's being smart, not using an available resource that is bound to give an advantage is a little counter intuitive. Learning to adapt to changes is how evolution takes place. I neither defend nor dislike the set, I use the set once in a while too.
  • Xsorus
    Xsorus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Let’s all be honest here about what the real problem with sloads is, it breaks stealth and it goes through shields. If it didn’t do either of those things all the sorcs and nightblades crying about it would be meh. The simple fact it does those two things makes them whine though. I’ve yet to die from sloads this patch.. not once has it been what has killed me.
  • Xsorus
    Xsorus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ...for my DK...what i care about...

Well that certainly settles every question about how the entire game should be balanced, doesn't it?

Really, this is a stunning level of self-centeredness and personal bias. ESO is not a solo game populated with nothing but NPC's as far as the eye can see. There are other people in the universe. Balance matters.
    Because there is no practical difference between sload and another DOT

Yes, there is. It has been clearly explained to you, but you simply refuse to accept the facts.
    if my DK can get hit by four bleeds, there is no reason why your sorc shouldn't get hit by four sloads.

Yes, there is. Sorcs invest in a mitigation strategy that imposes an opportunity cost onto them. They pay for their defenses with constant GCD costs and resource drain. As a result, they should have some defensive advantages over your DK. Sload's can be a good 1v1 counterplay to bypass those defenses. But it should NOT stack. Suffering from 1 Sload stack is fine, but multiple stacks should not be imposed on a character that is paying for their defenses in ways that you do not. You, who do not pay the opportunity costs of defense, SHOULD be able to suffer multiple bleeds/DOTs/whatever. The whole point of investing in defensive strategies (shields, armor, buffs, etc) is that they should reduce incoming damage. Irresistible damage stacking contradicts the whole purpose of defensive strategies, leaving the players who made such investments at a distinct disadvantage against those who did not and suffer none of the opportunity costs. Preventing stacking levels the playing field. Their defensive investment would not stop all damage, since 1 stack gets through, but it would protect them from something that you rightfully should suffer since you're not paying the opportunity costs that they pay. Seeing Sload's and Viper/bleeds/etc as equivalent is a privilege that you enjoy as a non-defensive player. To others who have paid dearly to reduce incoming damage, Sload stacking destroys an entire playstyle.

(The same logic holds true for those investing in high armor resistances, slotting defensive buffs, and other mitigations strategies "your DK" does not use. Sorc shields just seem to be the one you're obsessed over.)

And for the record, I've never taken a mag sorc into PvP aside from a quick skill leveling.

Rofl.. oh man is this a hilarious post. So by chance would you consider being able to absorb 90% of all damage in a shield stack not a defensive advantage? Do you have to absorb 100% all the time? Well since you deserve your defensive advantage how bout we take a nerf bat to your offensive advantage as well.
  • LeHarrt91
    LeHarrt91
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Xsorus wrote: »
    Let’s all be honest here about what the real problem with sloads is, it breaks stealth and it goes through shields. If it didn’t do either of those things all the sorcs and nightblades crying about it would be meh. The simple fact it does those two things makes them whine though. I’ve yet to die from sloads this patch.. not once has it been what has killed me.

I am neither a shield stacking Sorc or Cloaking NB and struggle to deal with or heal through this in BGs plus any additional damage they are doing/ other sets that are proccing.
    PS NA
    Have played all classes.
    Warden Main
  • Xsorus
    Xsorus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    LeHarrt91 wrote: »

I am neither a shield stacking Sorc or Cloaking NB and struggle to deal with or heal through this in BGs plus any additional damage they are doing/ other sets that are proccing.

If you’re fighting anything in the bgs and being assisted on sloads will not show up in your death screen. The only time you see multiple sloads stacking on the death screen like that one screen shot is when you’re shield stacking.
  • Feanor
    Feanor
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    No, it’s not only scrubs that wear Sload’s. But it’s the scrubs who defend it with all their heart as being “balanced”.
    Main characters: Feanor the Believer - AD Altmer mSorc - AR 46 - Flawless Conqueror (PC EU)Idril Arnanor - AD Altmer mSorc - CP 217 - Stormproof (PC NA)Other characters:
    Necrophilius Killgood - DC Imperial NecromancerFearscales - AD Argonian Templar - Stormproof (healer)Draco Imperialis - AD Imperial DK (tank)Cabed Naearamarth - AD Dunmer mDKValirion Willowthorne - AD Bosmer stamBladeTuruna - AD Altmer magBladeKheled Zaram - AD Redguard stamDKKibil Nala - AD Redguard stamSorc - StormproofYavanna Kémentárí - AD Breton magWardenAzog gro-Ghâsh - EP Orc stamWardenVidar Drakenblød - DC Nord mDKMarquis de Peyrac - DC Breton mSorc - StormproofRawlith Khaj'ra - AD Khajiit stamWardenTu'waccah - AD Redguard Stamplar
    All chars 50 @ CP 1700+. Playing and enjoying PvP with RdK mostly on PC EU.
  • LeHarrt91
    LeHarrt91
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    LeHarrt91 wrote: »

If you’re fighting anything in the bgs and being assisted on sloads will not show up in your death screen. The only time you see multiple sloads stacking on the death screen like that one screen shot is when you’re shield stacking.

yes, in regards to that screenshot sloads will show like that as your sheild absords all other damage. but even on other classes its often hard to out heal with the other damage happening (this coming from a medium armor warden)
    PS NA
    Have played all classes.
    Warden Main
  • Gnortranermara
    Gnortranermara
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Feanor wrote: »
    No, it’s not only scrubs that wear Sload’s. But it’s the scrubs who defend it with all their heart as being “balanced”.

I am legitimately angry that I can't give this an Awesome, Agree, and Insightful.
  • fred4
    fred4
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    @Sharee, the problem with Oblivion damage is that there is only one mitigation option: Healing. It comes down to whether you agree with the Rock, Paper, Scissors aspect of the game, which says: Sorry, you chose different mitigation options, so now you're going to get the big middle finger.

Oblivion damage puts pressure on everyone to add more healing in place of other mitigation options. It homogenises build variety. I would also argue that it affects light armor shielding builds the most. You may very well find it's no problem as a stamina build, using Vigor and Rally. As many a magicka build, however, you have to wait 6 seconds for your main heal, e.g. Healing Ward. Whether intentionally, or not, Oblivion damage arguably targets shielding builds the most so, yes, in that sense shields are special.

As a magblade, being marked and spammed with Torug's Pact + Shield Breaker is actually a bigger problem for me (once Sloads / Cloak is fixed). What is so disgusting is that it's optimal for people to just light attack spam you, so your erroneously activated shield stays up for the full 6 seconds. Again, it's the big middle finger. Of course I shield when someone attacks me from an unknown direction, and the noob is allowed to say: Not only can I hold my own against you, but I actually get an advantage from just light attacking you. In the hands of an experienced player this becomes truly devastating, as they force you into not shielding, at which point they burst you with normal abilities.

My combat log shows 3.2K DPS unmitigatable damage from Torug's / Shield Breaker spam. My maximum sustained healing is about 2.5K HPS, but only if I counterattack. One Sloads won't do it, but please take this as an example of how Oblivion damage can become truly impossible to mitigate.
    PC EU: Magblade (PvP main), DK (PvE Tank), Sorc (PvP and PvE), Magden (PvE Healer), Magplar (PvP and PvE DD), Arcanist (PvE DD)
    PC NA: Magblade (PvP and PvE every role)
  • Sharee
    Sharee
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    fred4 wrote: »
    @Sharee, the problem with Oblivion damage is that there is only one mitigation option: Healing.

I don't see how that's a problem. Shields still protects you from 90% of the damage flying your way. Where is it written that they have to protect you from everything?

If you want to counter damage done to your health bar, slot some healing. I swear these shield users became such pampered princesses its disgusting.
  • Gnozo
    Gnozo
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    @Sharee, the problem with Oblivion damage is that there is only one mitigation option: Healing.

I don't see how that's a problem. Shields still protects you from 90% of the damage flying your way. Where is it written that they have to protect you from everything?

If you want to counter damage done to your health bar, slot some healing. I swear these shield users became such pampered princesses its disgusting.

You mentioned your stamdk is getting hit by 800 dot from viper.

Vipers damage is 6400 over 4 seconds. So 1600 per second. Divided in half its 800 dps after battlespirit. Now either you are lying or playing completly naked without any cp spend on defense.

I created a stamnb some days ago and grinded it out. My vigor ticks for 900 non crit. This is getting mitigated completly by sloads. I cant outheal other incoming damage because of one easy to proc set that i cant mitigate in any kind of way.

To put even more into this it cost me 3500 stamina to outheal sloads. For my oponent it costs nothing to proc it. No ressources ever. Its FREE damage that negates my main heal. Leaving me with nothing against other incoming damage.

Is this balance?
  • fred4
    fred4
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭

Choosing to respond only to the first sentence of my argument, then proceeding with insults. Lovely.
    PC EU: Magblade (PvP main), DK (PvE Tank), Sorc (PvP and PvE), Magden (PvE Healer), Magplar (PvP and PvE DD), Arcanist (PvE DD)
  • Sharee
    Sharee
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Gnozo wrote: »

Vipers damage is 6400 over 4 seconds. So 1600 per second. Divided in half its 800 dps after battlespirit. Now either you are lying or playing completly naked without any cp spend on defense.

I created a stamnb some days ago and grinded it out. My vigor ticks for 900 non crit. This is getting mitigated completly by sloads. I cant outheal other incoming damage because of one easy to proc set that i cant mitigate in any kind of way.

To put even more into this it cost me 3500 stamina to outheal sloads. For my oponent it costs nothing to proc it. No ressources ever. Its FREE damage that negates my main heal. Leaving me with nothing against other incoming damage.

Is this balance?

If you think viper hits for too low damage, replace it with bleeds. Replace it with poison injection. It does not matter, because viper was just an example. The whole point i was trying to make is, sload's oblivion nature is a complete non-factor for my stam DK.

"Oh my god, you did not use EXACT NUMBERS!"

Yea, because that was not the point. The point was, viper, bleed, sload, its all just damage to me. If sload would tick for 10 times as much damage, i would take notice. But it doesn't. As far as i am concerned, it's just an average DOT.

Is this balance?

Sheesh, good thing we don't have bleeds in the game, eh?
    Edited by Sharee on July 16, 2018 8:52AM
  • fred4
    fred4
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭

Is this balance?

I am on your side of the argument, but your Vigor ticks sound low, at least for CP. So I guess you play no CP? Otherwise, if you optimise your build, you should get your Vigor tooltip into a range of anything from 12K to 17K, with measures, such as:

Favoring sets that give you stats, such as Hulking Draugr or Bone Pirate, instead of Spriggans or proc sets
    Investing some CP into healing done and received
    Making sure you have a Siphoning ability on the bar
    Using Nirnhoned (main hand) weapons, instead of Infused or Sharpened - or using a Powered weapon on the off bar
    Playing as Argonian (but the traditional races, Khajiit, Bosmer, Redguard, also have advantages)
  • fred4
    fred4
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    The whole point i was trying to make is, sload's oblivion nature is a complete non-factor for my stam DK ... As far as i am concerned, it's just an average DOT.
    Well, good for you. Here we come to the crux of where your argument fails. You're entirely self-centered and only focused on your class.
  • Amdar_Godkiller
    Amdar_Godkiller
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    According to the PTS patch notes sloads can proc itself... So after it gets on you it just keeps resetting itself. Isn't this awesome...lol

No. Awesome is what happens when you pair sloads with Skoria. Infinite meteors and unmitigated dot damage proccing infinite meteors and unmitigated dot damage.

And just for fun, run them both with the twin sisters set. (this one needs a buff, but the effect is still pretty cool)
  • Gnozo
    Gnozo
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Is this balance?

If you think viper hits for too low damage, replace it with bleeds. Replace it with poison injection. It does not matter, because viper was just an example. The whole point i was trying to make is, sload's oblivion nature is a complete non-factor for my stam DK.

"Oh my god, you did not use EXACT NUMBERS!"

Yea, because that was not the point. The point was, viper, bleed, sload, its all just damage to me. If sload would tick for 10 times as much damage, i would take notice. But it doesn't. As far as i am concerned, it's just an average DOT.

Is this balance?

Sheesh, good thing we don't have bleeds in the game, eh?

Did i said bleed is fine?

Poison injection cost stamina, what does sloads cost you?
    And i also think its kinda one sided to say: " i dont care on my stamdk "

You know That there are also other classes in the game who suffer a lot more from sloads?

Is this balance?

I am on your side of the argument, but your Vigor ticks sound low, at least for CP. So I guess you play no CP? Otherwise, if you optimise your build, you should get your Vigor tooltip into a range of anything from 12K to 17K, with measures, such as:

Favoring sets that give you stats, such as Hulking Draugr or Bone Pirate, instead of Spriggans or proc sets
    Investing some CP into healing done and received
    Making sure you have a Siphoning ability on the bar
    Using Nirnhoned (main hand) weapons, instead of Infused or Sharpened - or using a Powered weapon on the off bar
    Playing as Argonian (but the traditional races, Khajiit, Bosmer, Redguard, also have advantages)

Sure its Nocp that where sloads shines the Most. And i never ever ever ever use damagr proc sets in any competetive enviorment. Cause i Think That Proc sets Who gobe free damage is a bad game design in general.
  • pieratsos
    pieratsos
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭

Are you seriously implying that shielded players are unkillable if you don't use oblivion dmg?

These arguments are getting more stupid by the minute. Lol.
  • Sharee
    Sharee
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Are you seriously implying that shielded players are unkillable if you don't use oblivion dmg?

I said shields are still an effective defense from 90% of the stuff flying your way, no idea how from that you concluded i think shielded players are unkillable.
  • Sharee
    Sharee
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Did i said bleed is fine?

You acted like having sload on you is the end of the world, when in fact it is nothing special (see: bleeds).
  • Sharee
    Sharee
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    The whole point i was trying to make is, sload's oblivion nature is a complete non-factor for my stam DK ... As far as i am concerned, it's just an average DOT.
    Well, good for you. Here we come to the crux of where your argument fails. You're entirely self-centered and only focused on your class.

It has nothing to do with my class. My argument is that unless you use shields(like my stam DK, but that's just an example), sload is just an average-damage DOT that wouldn't raise any eyebrows if it did not penetrate shields.