We will be performing maintenance for patch 10.2.0 on the PTS on Monday at 8:00AM EDT (12:00 UTC).

Maintenance for the week of September 16:
• [IN PROGRESS] PC/Mac: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – September 16, 4:00AM EDT (8:00 UTC) – 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)
• Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – September 18, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – September 18, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Sloads..................

• Lexxypwns
    Lexxypwns
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Feanor wrote: »
    @Lexxypwns

So a Caluurion proc on top of Incap with a weaved SA that kills a LA target out of stealth is indicative of skill?

I see the point you’re trying to make. But let me ask you, isn’t that much more indicative of skill than repeatedly trying to gank someone and failing because you have a bad build and equally bad mentality.

Overall ganking gameplay is about abusing mechanics to prevent a response and it’s much more skillful, imo, to execute that properly than to keep getting into protracted fights on a gank build because of your moral compass. At that point, 99% of the population will begin to make excuses about why they’re not successful instead of adapting.

So, imo, being able to recognize an evolving meta and adapt is much more skillful than sticking to outdated concepts. Do you follow OWL by chance? Excelsior had a massively dominant season then refused to adapt to the addition of Brigitte on the competitive scene and got embarrassed by Fusion in the playoffs. At the end of the day, in a PVP game what matters is getting more kills than your opponents and it’s not inherently less skillful to do what is required to reach that.

@Ralamil this concept you’re speaking of is laughable. How does you or I not slotting Sloads or another damage proc set improve the health of the game? The vast majority of players already run these sets so being in some vocal minority that takes a principled stance at the expense of competitiveness is irrelevant. You and I not running Sload/Zaan/Caluu/whatever isnt going to make little Timmy change his build, it’s going to make little Timmy tactically superior and put us in a position where we have to significantly outplay him to win.

Edit: @feanor none of the “you” statements mean you specifically, just generalizing.
    Edited by Lexxypwns on July 25, 2018 12:33PM
  • Feanor
    Feanor
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    @Lexxypwns

No offense taken. Actually I love having discussions that go above and beyond “X is OP nerf plz”. I think what it comes down to is if you want to be winning at all cost. In a competitive game - which ESO isn’t - and more so esports you’ll naturally use everything available that could give you an edge. The thing is though that these environments often are so restricted that there is a much better balance than ESO has had at any time.

I derive no fun from an opponent who has had no chance at all. I deliberately choose not to use the latest cheese. Yes, it’s gimping myself, and I lose more. But I couldn’t enjoy cheesing wins either, and at least with running non cheese I can say that results are more or less my own doing.

It’s not a question of moral. I’m not mad at cheese users. It’s just that being effective and having fun are not identical things for me, and the latter is more important than the former for me. The only thing I find disingenuous is the double standards a lot of people have - when cheese is ok on one class but isn’t in another.
    Edited by Feanor on July 25, 2018 12:51PM
    Main characters: Feanor the Believer - AD Altmer mSorc - AR 46 - Flawless Conqueror (PC EU)Idril Arnanor - AD Altmer mSorc - CP 217 - Stormproof (PC NA)Other characters:
    Necrophilius Killgood - DC Imperial NecromancerFearscales - AD Argonian Templar - Stormproof (healer)Draco Imperialis - AD Imperial DK (tank)Cabed Naearamarth - AD Dunmer mDKValirion Willowthorne - AD Bosmer stamBladeTuruna - AD Altmer magBladeKheled Zaram - AD Redguard stamDKKibil Nala - AD Redguard stamSorc - StormproofYavanna Kémentárí - AD Breton magWardenAzog gro-Ghâsh - EP Orc stamWardenVidar Drakenblød - DC Nord mDKMarquis de Peyrac - DC Breton mSorc - StormproofRawlith Khaj'ra - AD Khajiit stamWardenTu'waccah - AD Redguard Stamplar
    All chars 50 @ CP 1700+. Playing and enjoying PvP with RdK mostly on PC EU.
  • King_Thelon
    King_Thelon
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Chrlynsch wrote: »
    There are players far better than you who refuse to wear Sloads out of principle. With the days of relevance in ESO PvP long behind us, some would rather go out with their integrity intact.
    Standing at the pearly gates, everything looks good, you were kind, you did onto others, you saved that baby, oh, wait, looks like you wore sloads for a couple months, I'm going to have to call over my supervisor.

You would be wise to worry about the amount of time you've spent in a blob chasing singles
  • DTStormfox
    DTStormfox
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    lv76y2aaecil.jpg
    99o9gjtv2a2y.jpg

Sload's is totally not OP - said no one ever.
    Only responds to constructive replies/mentions

Immortal-Legends Guild Master
    Veteran PvP player

• usmcjdking
    usmcjdking
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    5% current HP for 4 or 5 seconds.

This is not hard to implement @ZOS_GinaBruno

Get this current iteration of Sloads out of the game ASAP. Not next patch, not next PTS cycle. Now.
    Edited by usmcjdking on July 25, 2018 7:49PM
  • Chrlynsch
    Chrlynsch
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Chrlynsch wrote: »
    There are players far better than you who refuse to wear Sloads out of principle. With the days of relevance in ESO PvP long behind us, some would rather go out with their integrity intact.
    Standing at the pearly gates, everything looks good, you were kind, you did onto others, you saved that baby, oh, wait, looks like you wore sloads for a couple months, I'm going to have to call over my supervisor.

You would be wise to worry about the amount of time you've spent in a blob chasing singles

You don't ignore the wolves when they come for the sheep.
    Caius
    Pack Leader of Scourge Alliance- First Fang of Hircine, The Beast of Bruma
    PC NA