We will be performing maintenance for patch 10.2.0 on the PTS on Monday at 8:00AM EDT (12:00 UTC).

Maintenance for the week of September 16:
• [IN PROGRESS] PC/Mac: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – September 16, 4:00AM EDT (8:00 UTC) – 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)
• Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – September 18, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – September 18, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Sloads..................

ezio45
ezio45
✭✭✭✭✭
✭✭✭
Originally posted this in a different forum but it was brought to my attention it should be posted here

A 15% damage reduction is completely useless for starters, thats 130 less damage per tic. The biggest issue tho is this can still stack and needs a longer cooldown because, while it cant proc itself anymore ( great dont thing it was suppose to do that in the first place) The cooldown as of right now allows it to proc back to back giving healing ward no way to keep up with that. You fixed it for nbs but left sorcs screwed. Also I cant believe I need to say this but unmitigated damage should not stack.

And for the love of god can we do it this pts cycle instead of the one for murkimer cause they arnt fixing it once its live and 1 dlc was long enough for the worst designed set by zos yet
  • Animus-ESO
    Animus-ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Agreed
    Dude Where's My Guar?
  • Gilvoth
    Gilvoth
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    how many of these threads you going to make?
  • OGLezard
    OGLezard
    ✭✭✭✭✭
  • Aliyavana
    Aliyavana
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    needs to not stack
  • Lumsdenml
    Lumsdenml
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Aliyavana wrote: »
    needs to not stack

Sloads or Forum Threads?
    In game ID: @KnightOfTacoma
    Main: Black Knight of Tacoma - EP Lvl 50/CP 2160 Nightblade NA PC - Grand Master Crafter, adventurer and part time ganker. Rank 35 - Palatine Grade 1
    PVP Main:Knight of Tacoma - EP Lvl 50 Templar NA PC - Rank 29 - Brigadier Grade 1 - Ravenwatch veteran. Blood for the Pact!
    Guild: The Disenfranchised - ZZ!
    Obituary:
    RIP Priest of Tacoma - EP Lvl 22 Dragon Knight NA PC Kyne - Lost in the Garden of Shadows.
    RIP.Viscount of Tacoma - EP Lvl 18 Dragon Knight NA PC Kyne - Lost in the war.
    RIP. Squire of Tacoma - EP Lvl 50 Templar NA PC - Died of Knahaten Flu.
    RIP Reaper of Tacoma - EP Lvl 50 Templar NA PC - Died of Consumption.
    RIP Sovereign of Tacoma - EP Lvl 32 NightBlade NA PC Kyne - Lost at The Battle of Brindle, December 13, 2018.
    RIP Dauphin of Tacoma - EP Lvl 50 Templar NA PC Kyne - Overdosed on Skooma.
    RIP Wraith of Tacoma - EP Lvl 10 Dragon Knight NA PC - Eaten by a dragon.
    RIP Red Knight of Tacoma - EP Lvl 50 Templar NA PC - Died at the Battle of Chalmen, March 18th, 2021.
    RIP Maharajah of Tacoma - EP Lvl 50 Templar NA PC - Lost in a sandstorm.
    RIP Vampire Of Tacoma - EP Lvl 50 Sorcerer NA PC - Fell asleep in the sun. RIP
  • Sandman929
    Sandman929
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I think people are still a little in shock after hearing that the set was "getting looked at" and then seeing that this is the solution that they came up with. I know it never ceases to amaze me.
  • jaws343
    jaws343
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Sandman929 wrote: »
    I think people are still a little in shock after hearing that the set was "getting looked at" and then seeing that this is the solution that they came up with. I know it never ceases to amaze me.

Getting looked at doesn't mean make the set useless.
  • Sharee
    Sharee
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ezio45 wrote: »
    Also I cant believe I need to say this but unmitigated damage should not stack.

A shielded character with multiple sloads on it isn't any worse off than an unshielded character with multiple normal dots on it, so i don't see why the former should not stack when with the latter stacking is fine.
  • Aliyavana
    Aliyavana
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Lumsdenml wrote: »
    needs to not stack

Sloads or Forum Threads?

anh, forum threads are mitigatable, sloads are not
  • ezio45
    ezio45
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    jaws343 wrote: »

dont care if its useless or not i just want it not completely broken, what they did was barely a nerf
  • usmcjdking
    usmcjdking
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Should do 5% of current health for 4 seconds and the set should be renamed to something relevant.
  • Leandor
    Leandor
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Stacking is not the real issue and not stacking brings back those dreadful memories of embers not stacking. It creates precedent that will inevitably be used as argument in any number of other issues.

Not even the fact that it is oblivion damage is the issue. Oblivion damage, even though it is one of the most stupid concepts ever to be invented in gaming, is a necessary workaround. Unless the whole principle of defensive mechanisms is revised, something like this is required as a counterplay option.

The amount of damage was one issue. It will be changed (I hesitate to call it fixed as of now, since I haven't seen it in action yet) and is looked at.

The main issue with sloads is the ease of proc'ing it. The problem with sloads is that it can be activated by spamming bow light attacks from 40m away.

Do something like with other strong proc sets. Limit it to certain damage types, to melee damage abilities, to single target class skills, whatever.

I personally would prefer melee damage abilities only, as that brings the sload user in range of counterattacks, but anything limiting proc chance would be a step in the right direction.

And absolutely remove the chance to proc it with siege weapons. This is really the icing on the dungpile currently.
    Edited by Leandor on July 11, 2018 11:25PM
  • JPcrazysquirrel3
    JPcrazysquirrel3
    ✭✭✭✭
    Lol.
    "Wood Elves aren't made of wood. Sea Elves aren't made of water. M'aiq still wonders about High Elves."
    "It's just not a home until you decorate the torture chamber, am I right?"
    "If you want to lose 10lbs of ugly fat, I'd be happy to chop your head off!"
    "Degenerates!" --- Todd Howard
    "If it's not broke, don't fix it,....unless you're ZO$ and are just doing it for the money!" --- Me
    Mayrael wrote: »
    Class reps are just like our politicians. They promise mountains made of gold for us, but in the end, whenever they can they try to push their own agenda.

¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Bio:
    I am in a Kevduit video
    PS4 (main platform)
    --- JP_Dovahkriid

PC (just for PTS since Dragon Bones)
    --- JP_Dovahkriid

Playing since console release in 2015

17 characters; mainly play PvE tanks and healer, as well as PvP stamDK, magplar, and stamblade; I also have a handful of DPS toons to have variety. All AD, with one, now PvE, DC toon.

I was on the forums before, but something happened with my account info and I had to create a new account.
  • Feanor
    Feanor
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

It also doesn’t mean changing something for the sake of changing it while completely missing the actual issue.
    Main characters: Feanor the Believer - AD Altmer mSorc - AR 46 - Flawless Conqueror (PC EU)Idril Arnanor - AD Altmer mSorc - CP 217 - Stormproof (PC NA)Other characters:
    Necrophilius Killgood - DC Imperial NecromancerFearscales - AD Argonian Templar - Stormproof (healer)Draco Imperialis - AD Imperial DK (tank)Cabed Naearamarth - AD Dunmer mDKValirion Willowthorne - AD Bosmer stamBladeTuruna - AD Altmer magBladeKheled Zaram - AD Redguard stamDKKibil Nala - AD Redguard stamSorc - StormproofYavanna Kémentárí - AD Breton magWardenAzog gro-Ghâsh - EP Orc stamWardenVidar Drakenblød - DC Nord mDKMarquis de Peyrac - DC Breton mSorc - StormproofRawlith Khaj'ra - AD Khajiit stamWardenTu'waccah - AD Redguard Stamplar
    All chars 50 @ CP 1700+. Playing and enjoying PvP with RdK mostly on PC EU.
  • ezio45
    ezio45
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Feanor wrote: »

It also doesn’t mean changing something for the sake of changing it while completely missing the actual issue.

exactly they barely made a change to it, 15% is 130 dmg off each tic. that barely a nerf
  • Leandor
    Leandor
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭

exactly they barely made a change to it, 15% is 130 dmg off each tic. that barely a nerf

Re-read the notes. Tics aren't reduced, it is one tick less (only 6 instead of 7), but tics remain the same.
  • ezio45
    ezio45
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Leandor wrote: »

Re-read the notes. Tics aren't reduced, it is one tick less (only 6 instead of 7), but tics remain the same.

wtf.........
  • Aeowyn
    Aeowyn
    ✭✭✭
    This makes for a frustrating pvp experience. How can the same individual proc it 3 times in a row, (stacking, of course with a second player also wearing Sloads) in the time it takes me to only take one other ability of damage in a fight.

Why is there no cooldown on this proc set? Other proc sets do. Not only can it stack and cannot be mitigated in any way, and recasts itself, there's no cooldown?!

Fun game, ZoS. Really thought this one through.

nei5cmdaro2x.png
  • ezio45
    ezio45
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Aeowyn wrote: »
    This makes for a frustrating pvp experience. How can the same individual proc it 3 times in a row, (stacking, of course with a second player also wearing Sloads) in the time it takes me to only take one other ability of damage in a fight.

Why is there no cooldown on this proc set? Other proc sets do. Not only can it stack and cannot be mitigated in any way, and recasts itself, there's no cooldown?!

nei5cmdaro2x.png

also ya see how the first guys proc pack to back... needs to not do that
  • Vapirko
    Vapirko
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    The best is when Sloads procs Skoria which procs Sloads again and meanwhile the dip *** wearing this setup is running around like a blind chicken whiffing heavy attacks. This setup has taken all skill out of the game.
  • IAVITNI
    IAVITNI
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Sharee wrote: »
    Also I cant believe I need to say this but unmitigated damage should not stack.

A shielded character with multiple sloads on it isn't any worse off than an unshielded character with multiple normal dots on it, so i don't see why the former should not stack when with the latter stacking is fine.

An unshielded character with HoTs running with multiple normal dots on isn't any worse off than a shielded character, barring Defile--which is overtuned.

Fixed it for you.
  • ChunkyCat
    ChunkyCat
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Stack all the Sload topics!
  • JPcrazysquirrel3
    JPcrazysquirrel3
    ✭✭✭✭

nei5cmdaro2x.png

Yeah, after doing Battlegrounds with three other guildies, I see what these calls for Sloads nerfs are about.
    It should not proc 3-5 times after itself and stack 5-8 times on top of itself, as well.
    Kept seeing Sloads on our recap screens. They would use a cheap ability to get it to proc over & over. No real skill whatsoever.
    In Cyrodiil, Sloads hasn't seemed to be an issue, but Battlegrounds on the other hand,...

Yes, ZOS, please nerf Sloads. Truly nerf it. Give it a cooldown or something, ffs. It's not that hard.
    Edited by JPcrazysquirrel3 on July 13, 2018 2:12AM
    "Wood Elves aren't made of wood. Sea Elves aren't made of water. M'aiq still wonders about High Elves."
    "It's just not a home until you decorate the torture chamber, am I right?"
    "If you want to lose 10lbs of ugly fat, I'd be happy to chop your head off!"
    "Degenerates!" --- Todd Howard
    "If it's not broke, don't fix it,....unless you're ZO$ and are just doing it for the money!" --- Me
    Mayrael wrote: »
    Class reps are just like our politicians. They promise mountains made of gold for us, but in the end, whenever they can they try to push their own agenda.

¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Bio:
    I am in a Kevduit video
    PS4 (main platform)
    --- JP_Dovahkriid

PC (just for PTS since Dragon Bones)
    --- JP_Dovahkriid

Playing since console release in 2015

17 characters; mainly play PvE tanks and healer, as well as PvP stamDK, magplar, and stamblade; I also have a handful of DPS toons to have variety. All AD, with one, now PvE, DC toon.

I was on the forums before, but something happened with my account info and I had to create a new account.
  • Aliyavana
    Aliyavana
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

nei5cmdaro2x.png

Yeah, after doing Battlegrounds with three other guildies, I see what these calls for Sloads nerfs are about.
    It should not proc 3-5 times after itself and stack 5-8 times on top of itself, as well.
    Kept seeing Sloads on our recap screens. They would use a cheap ability to get it to proc over & over. No real skill whatsoever.
    In Cyrodiil, Sloads hasn't seemed to be an issue, but Battlegrounds on the other hand,...

Yes, ZOS, please nerf Sloads. Truly nerf it. Give it a cooldown or something, ffs. It's not that hard.

Premades are stacking sloads and it's frustrating
  • Vapirko
    Vapirko
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

nei5cmdaro2x.png

Premades are stacking sloads and it's frustrating

Had an entire team running Sloads and Skoria yesterday. These were people who would barely last a few seconds in a fight without those set sets but because of the enormous amount of damage they can just turtle up and use a skill here and there and it provides an equal amount of pressure to fighting a much more experienced player. This is at least as bad as the viper/Selenes debacle, except that at least was relegated mostly to gankers and NBs. This is just bad across the board on all classes and doesn’t even require a play style.
  • Chilly-McFreeze
    Chilly-McFreeze
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    usmcjdking wrote: »
    Should do 5% of current health for 4 seconds and the set should be renamed to something relevant.

Totally agree. Make it a new debuff so the issues with stacking are dealt with too.
  • ezio45
    ezio45
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭

Totally agree. Make it a new debuff so the issues with stacking are dealt with too.

and have a longer cooldown and i would agree with this.
  • ak_pvp
    ak_pvp
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭

That is worse. On an average 25k health build its 1250/s. So even more pressure.
    MagDK main. PC/EU @AK-ESO
    Best houseknight EU.
  • Leandor
    Leandor
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    ak_pvp wrote: »

That is worse. On an average 25k health build its 1250/s. So even more pressure.

Current health. Which means that it wouldn't do anything on low health targets. Is actually a good proposal.
  • Shadowmaster
    Shadowmaster
    ✭✭✭✭
    how many of these threads you going to make?

as many as it takes for his sorc to be unkillable 1v1 again