We will be performing maintenance for patch 10.2.0 on the PTS on Monday at 8:00AM EDT (12:00 UTC).

Maintenance for the week of September 16:
• [IN PROGRESS] PC/Mac: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – September 16, 4:00AM EDT (8:00 UTC) – 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)
• Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – September 18, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – September 18, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Sloads..................

• Shadowmaster
    Shadowmaster
    ✭✭✭✭
    ezio45 wrote: »
    usmcjdking wrote: »
    Should do 5% of current health for 4 seconds and the set should be renamed to something relevant.

Totally agree. Make it a new debuff so the issues with stacking are dealt with too.

and have a longer cooldown and i would agree with this.

QFT
  • chris211
    chris211
    ✭✭✭✭
    Originally posted this in a different forum but it was brought to my attention it should be posted here

A 15% damage reduction is completely useless for starters, thats 130 less damage per tic. The biggest issue tho is this can still stack and needs a longer cooldown because, while it cant proc itself anymore ( great dont thing it was suppose to do that in the first place) The cooldown as of right now allows it to proc back to back giving healing ward no way to keep up with that. You fixed it for nbs but left sorcs screwed. Also I cant believe I need to say this but unmitigated damage should not stack.

And for the love of god can we do it this pts cycle instead of the one for murkimer cause they arnt fixing it once its live and 1 dlc was long enough for the worst designed set by zos yet

the most broken thing about it procing on siege
  • Leogon
    Leogon
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    People who defend this broken set are either using it or they know someone who's using it. They probably already made it legendary too so they don't want it to be turned into a balanced set otherwise they won't be able to kill anyone anymore.
    Edited by Leogon on July 18, 2018 3:35AM
  • chris211
    chris211
    ✭✭✭✭
    Leogon wrote: »
    People who defend this broken set are either using it or they know someone who's using it. They probably already made it legendary too so they don't want it to be turned into a balanced set otherwise they won't be able to kill anyone anymore.

lower tier players have to protect tier crutch
  • JPcrazysquirrel3
    JPcrazysquirrel3
    ✭✭✭✭
    Aliyavana wrote: »
    Aeowyn wrote: »
    This makes for a frustrating pvp experience. How can the same individual proc it 3 times in a row, (stacking, of course with a second player also wearing Sloads) in the time it takes me to only take one other ability of damage in a fight.

Why is there no cooldown on this proc set? Other proc sets do. Not only can it stack and cannot be mitigated in any way, and recasts itself, there's no cooldown?!

Fun game, ZoS. Really thought this one through.

nei5cmdaro2x.png

Yeah, after doing Battlegrounds with three other guildies, I see what these calls for Sloads nerfs are about.
    It should not proc 3-5 times after itself and stack 5-8 times on top of itself, as well.
    Kept seeing Sloads on our recap screens. They would use a cheap ability to get it to proc over & over. No real skill whatsoever.
    In Cyrodiil, Sloads hasn't seemed to be an issue, but Battlegrounds on the other hand,...

Yes, ZOS, please nerf Sloads. Truly nerf it. Give it a cooldown or something, ffs. It's not that hard.

Premades are stacking sloads and it's frustrating

I was in an organized, premade group, but none of us were wearing Sloads, because we ain't about that life!
    Vapirko wrote: »
    Aliyavana wrote: »
    This makes for a frustrating pvp experience. How can the same individual proc it 3 times in a row, (stacking, of course with a second player also wearing Sloads) in the time it takes me to only take one other ability of damage in a fight.

Why is there no cooldown on this proc set? Other proc sets do. Not only can it stack and cannot be mitigated in any way, and recasts itself, there's no cooldown?!

nei5cmdaro2x.png

Yeah, after doing Battlegrounds with three other guildies, I see what these calls for Sloads nerfs are about.
    It should not proc 3-5 times after itself and stack 5-8 times on top of itself, as well.
    Kept seeing Sloads on our recap screens. They would use a cheap ability to get it to proc over & over. No real skill whatsoever.
    In Cyrodiil, Sloads hasn't seemed to be an issue, but Battlegrounds on the other hand,...

Yes, ZOS, please nerf Sloads. Truly nerf it. Give it a cooldown or something, ffs. It's not that hard.

Premades are stacking sloads and it's frustrating

Had an entire team running Sloads and Skoria yesterday. These were people who would barely last a few seconds in a fight without those set sets but because of the enormous amount of damage they can just turtle up and use a skill here and there and it provides an equal amount of pressure to fighting a much more experienced player. This is at least as bad as the viper/Selenes debacle, except that at least was relegated mostly to gankers and NBs. This is just bad across the board on all classes and doesn’t even require a play style.

It doesn't help that BlobESO had build videos for every class with Sloads right on Summerset release.
    "Wood Elves aren't made of wood. Sea Elves aren't made of water. M'aiq still wonders about High Elves."
    "It's just not a home until you decorate the torture chamber, am I right?"
    "If you want to lose 10lbs of ugly fat, I'd be happy to chop your head off!"
    "Degenerates!" --- Todd Howard
    "If it's not broke, don't fix it,....unless you're ZO$ and are just doing it for the money!" --- Me
    Mayrael wrote: »
    Class reps are just like our politicians. They promise mountains made of gold for us, but in the end, whenever they can they try to push their own agenda.

¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Bio:
    I am in a Kevduit video
    PS4 (main platform)
    --- JP_Dovahkriid

PC (just for PTS since Dragon Bones)
    --- JP_Dovahkriid

Playing since console release in 2015

17 characters; mainly play PvE tanks and healer, as well as PvP stamDK, magplar, and stamblade; I also have a handful of DPS toons to have variety. All AD, with one, now PvE, DC toon.

I was on the forums before, but something happened with my account info and I had to create a new account.
  • JPcrazysquirrel3
    JPcrazysquirrel3
    ✭✭✭✭
    People who defend this broken set are either using it or/and they know someone who's using it. They probably already made it legendary too so they don't want it to be turned into a balanced set otherwise they won't be able to kill anyone anymore.
    chris211 wrote: »

lower tier players have to protect tier crutch

Upon Summerset release on console, I tried to tell people in my PvP guilds to not get too heavily invested in running Sloads, because it's had a nerf cloud hovering over it since PC release, and even PTS.

But what did they do? "Hurr hurr, Sloads kills stuff with minimal skill and effort on my part!"
    ...I don't associate with those players anymore,...even though they're in my alliance.
    Edited by JPcrazysquirrel3 on July 13, 2018 4:28PM
    "Wood Elves aren't made of wood. Sea Elves aren't made of water. M'aiq still wonders about High Elves."
    "It's just not a home until you decorate the torture chamber, am I right?"
    "If you want to lose 10lbs of ugly fat, I'd be happy to chop your head off!"
    "Degenerates!" --- Todd Howard
    "If it's not broke, don't fix it,....unless you're ZO$ and are just doing it for the money!" --- Me
    Mayrael wrote: »
    Class reps are just like our politicians. They promise mountains made of gold for us, but in the end, whenever they can they try to push their own agenda.

¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Bio:
    I am in a Kevduit video
    PS4 (main platform)
    --- JP_Dovahkriid

PC (just for PTS since Dragon Bones)
    --- JP_Dovahkriid

Playing since console release in 2015

17 characters; mainly play PvE tanks and healer, as well as PvP stamDK, magplar, and stamblade; I also have a handful of DPS toons to have variety. All AD, with one, now PvE, DC toon.

I was on the forums before, but something happened with my account info and I had to create a new account.
  • Spartabunny08
    Spartabunny08
    ✭✭✭✭
    According to the PTS patch notes sloads can proc itself... So after it gets on you it just keeps resetting itself. Isn't this awesome...lol
  • Eejit1331
    Eejit1331
    ✭✭✭

nei5cmdaro2x.png

also ya see how the first guys proc pack to back... needs to not do that

How do you know it's back to back? Maybe this guy is running, streaking or line of sighting?
  • Vapirko
    Vapirko
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I think it’s safe to say around 50% of players or more are using it in Sotha.
  • pieratsos
    pieratsos
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Sharee wrote: »
    Also I cant believe I need to say this but unmitigated damage should not stack.

A shielded character with multiple sloads on it isn't any worse off than an unshielded character with multiple normal dots on it, so i don't see why the former should not stack when with the latter stacking is fine.

You dont see the difference between normal dmg and oblivion dmg?
  • DuskMarine
    DuskMarine
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    all i got to say is look at how long it tookem to fix vipers and that was broken for the longest time
  • technohic
    technohic
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Id be happy if the cool down worked and was slightly longer.
  • usmcjdking
    usmcjdking
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    ak_pvp wrote: »
    Should do 5% of current health for 4 seconds and the set should be renamed to something relevant.

That is worse. On an average 25k health build its 1250/s. So even more pressure.

@ak_pvp For sanity purposes let's say you get healed to the initial amount of health when proc starts to make teh math easy on me. Let's say you actually have 25khp.

My proposal says it maxes out at 5k damage which is still less than the current damage it does.

Now let's say you are at 10khp (40%) and you have 3 sloads magically appear on you at the same time.

On live you eat a wonderful 17.2k worth of damage over those 7 seconds which, paired with other damage, you are unlikely to ever recover from.

With my proposal that would be reduced to 6k damage total for all 3 of those sloads during 4 seconds. Far more manageable to deal with and more importantly, you won't die.

On the flip side of my proposal, let's say you have 40khp. Sloads dot now does 2k a tick when you are at max health, significantly more than before. When you reach 20k, it will do 1k a tick, 18k it'll do 900 so on and so forth. Each tick only will reduce your current health by 5%.

This gives the set identity, it becomes fairly solid at outright whittling down high health targets, and decreases dramatically as the opponents health lowers to dangerous levels. The only downside to my proposal is the straight up forum revolt from golded out sloaders.
    Edited by usmcjdking on July 15, 2018 1:32AM
  • usmcjdking
    usmcjdking
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    and rename it from sload's semblance to something more relevant please.

The Sload are actually pretty cool lorewise and this set just does not bear any resemblance to the Sload in any capacity.
  • Millz
    Millz
    ✭✭✭
    Instackable will never happen nor should it, make it only proc a certain dmg type. 15 second cool down or change it to a percentage like knight slayer
    Brenhji
    PC NA - 400 cp
    (Retired) XBOX NA - 1006 cp

---Say no to standardization---
  • Chrlynsch
    Chrlynsch
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    ak_pvp wrote: »

That is worse. On an average 25k health build its 1250/s. So even more pressure.

@ak_pvp For sanity purposes let's say you get healed to the initial amount of health when proc starts to make teh math easy on me. Let's say you actually have 25khp.

My proposal says it maxes out at 5k damage which is still less than the current damage it does.

Now let's say you are at 10khp (40%) and you have 3 sloads magically appear on you at the same time.

On live you eat a wonderful 17.2k worth of damage over those 7 seconds which, paired with other damage, you are unlikely to ever recover from.

With my proposal that would be reduced to 6k damage total for all 3 of those sloads during 4 seconds. Far more manageable to deal with and more importantly, you won't die.

On the flip side of my proposal, let's say you have 40khp. Sloads dot now does 2k a tick when you are at max health, significantly more than before. When you reach 20k, it will do 1k a tick, 18k it'll do 900 so on and so forth. Each tick only will reduce your current health by 5%.

This gives the set identity, it becomes fairly solid at outright whittling down high health targets, and decreases dramatically as the opponents health lowers to dangerous levels. The only downside to my proposal is the straight up forum revolt from golded out sloaders.

and what happens when you hit a boss with 5 million health?
    Caius
    Pack Leader of Scourge Alliance- First Fang of Hircine, The Beast of Bruma
    PC NA
  • kookster
    kookster
    ✭✭✭✭
    Personally I think they should of nerfed the damage by 50% at least, and required a specific damage type to proc it. Like damage over time, or poison or something I dont care, that way not every freaking person and their dog can throw it on.
    Potato Pact - PC NA
  • GlorphNoldorin
    GlorphNoldorin
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    It's clear that no one in the ZOS devs plays this game.
  • Vesper_BR
    Vesper_BR
    ✭✭✭
    It's should only proc with meele damage, with 25% chance...

It's really sick to see sorcs and mageblades light atacking from other side of the map in bgs and scoring kills with no risk associated....
    VESPER BR - MAGICKA DRAGONKNIGHT - GRAND OVERLORD + FLAWLESS CONQUEROR (1070 CP / 01-01-2018)
    XBOX ONE - NA - EBONHEART PACT BRASIL
  • Vesper_BR
    Vesper_BR
    ✭✭✭
    And if possible non stacking...
    They should create minor doom (sloads dot) and major doom (maybe 10% health oblivion dot), non stackable...

Major doom could be used in future boss mechanics or even monster sets (like applying major doom for 3s at max).
    VESPER BR - MAGICKA DRAGONKNIGHT - GRAND OVERLORD + FLAWLESS CONQUEROR (1070 CP / 01-01-2018)
    XBOX ONE - NA - EBONHEART PACT BRASIL
  • ezio45
    ezio45
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Eejit1331 wrote: »

nei5cmdaro2x.png

also ya see how the first guys proc pack to back... needs to not do that

How do you know it's back to back? Maybe this guy is running, streaking or line of sighting?

Because I have had it proc on me back to back....

The effect lasts 6 seconds, it can proc every 6 seconds.... so if you are being dmg'd when the cooldown is up, it can reapply
  • Mystrius_Archaion
    Mystrius_Archaion
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    OGLezard wrote: »

Judging by the amount of "awesomes" this post got, you should have typed a higher number that would have gotten you more "awesomes" to match.
    :p
  • olsborg
    olsborg
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Agreed, also, unmitigated dmg shouldnt exist in this form, why even bother thinking out a good build with defence and offence in mind, this kinda dmg just ... *lesigh*

PC EU
    PvP only
  • Sharee
    Sharee
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    pieratsos wrote: »

A shielded character with multiple sloads on it isn't any worse off than an unshielded character with multiple normal dots on it, so i don't see why the former should not stack when with the latter stacking is fine.

For a character without shields, there is no practical difference between being affected by a normal DOT and an oblivion DOT.
  • Gnortranermara
    Gnortranermara
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Do you people even read the patch notes? It's NOT receiving a 15% reduction per tick. The first tick is being removed, which is a 15% total reduction. That being said, the problem with Sload's is not the damage. If you can't out-heal Sload's, you deserve the death. Fix your build. The real problem is Sload stacking. Irresistible damage from multiple sources should NEVER stack. That's mind-numbingly stupid game design and the developer responsible for it should either learn to do better or retire in shame.
  • Sharee
    Sharee
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    The real problem is Sload stacking. Irresistible damage from multiple sources should NEVER stack. That's mind-numbingly stupid game design and the developer responsible for it should either learn to do better or retire in shame.

If my stamina DK can be affected by multiple vipers ticking for ~800 each, i don't see why a sorc should not be affected by multiple sloads ticking for ~800 each.

Having a shield does not make one special.
  • Mystrius_Archaion
    Mystrius_Archaion
    ✭✭✭✭✭

For a character without shields, there is no practical difference between being affected by a normal DOT and an oblivion DOT.

You mean for a character WITH shields there is no difference.
    Shields are just like extra health and damage that hits them is not mitigated by resistances/armor for any damage type. Armor/resistances are what show a difference for damage types as oblivion damage ignores these.
  • Gnortranermara
    Gnortranermara
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    If my stamina DK can be affected by multiple vipers ticking for ~800 each, i don't see why a sorc should not be affected by multiple sloads ticking for ~800 each.

Your psychological bias is showing. I don't play with shields in PvP, nor do I run these sets. I have zero bias here. Sload's and Viper hit me just the same. I rarely see either one on a death recap because I'm not a potato. The difference is that Sload's is irresistible. There's nothing whatsoever you can do about it but die if too much gets stacked onto you. Resistible damage is categorically different from a design perspective. One can choose to invest in resistance strategies to mitigate it. It takes MUCH more of that kind of damage for death to become inevitable. Making those mitigation investments (shields or armor or defensive buffs or CP or whatever) comes at a cost, making it balanced and acceptable that such damage can stack. You can either acknowledge the objective difference or you can play denial games. The facts won't change: these two things are different and nobody benefits from pretending that they are the same when they obviously aren't.
  • Sharee
    Sharee
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

The difference is that Sload's is irresistible. There's nothing whatsoever you can do about it but die if too much gets stacked onto you. Resistible damage is categorically different from a design perspective. One can choose to invest in resistance strategies to mitigate it. It takes MUCH more of that kind of damage for death to become inevitable. Making those mitigation investments (shields or armor or defensive buffs or CP or whatever) comes at a cost, making it balanced and acceptable that such damage can stack. You can either acknowledge the objective difference or you can play denial games. The facts won't change: these two things are different and nobody benefits from pretending that they are the same when they obviously aren't.

So distilled down, your argument is that sload's damage can not be lessened by investing into resistance.

To this, i reply: Sload hits for roughly the same as viper *after* resistances have been taken into account for viper.
    In other words, the "resistance" to sload is already built-in into the base damage of the ability.

The important thing is not whether you can reduce sload's damage or not, the important thing is how does its damage compare to other DOTs that your character will commonly be hit by in PvP. If it does not do significantly more damage, then it does not really matter whether it is "irresistible" or not - it is not any more threatening than your average "resistible" dot.

And to that, i say - sload is meh. About halfway beween the really strong and the really weak DOTS i commonly get hit by. Poison injection, burning embers, bleeds, yada yada - sload is nothing special compared to the majority, damage-wise. The only reason why sload is so controversial is the fact it bypasses shields. Otherwise, noone would even bat an eyelash.
    Edited by Sharee on July 15, 2018 9:55AM
  • Sharee
    Sharee
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

You mean for a character WITH shields there is no difference.

No, i mean for a character without shields. My stam DK could not care less whether the 800/tick he is getting hit by comes from sload or from burning embers, poison injection, whatever.