The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/

The way you obtain Welkynar motif chapters is a terrible joke!

• code65536
    code65536
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Nestor wrote: »
    code65536 wrote: »

Instead of doing 10% chance at a motif in nCR +3 and a 100% chance at a motif in vCR +3, they are taking out that RNG chance (good for them!) and replacing it

With RNG in a different place. You have no control over what chapter you will get once you use the binding agent.

Before: RNG for whether you get a chapter, and RNG on what chapter you get.
    Now: Deterministic acquisition of a chapter, RNG on what chapter you get.

I call that an upgrade.
    Nightfighters ― PC/NA and PC/EU

Dungeons and Trials:
    Personal best scores:
    Dungeon trifectas:
    Media: YouTubeTwitch
  • EvilCroc
    EvilCroc
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Look at the cases of Sapiarch and Dragonbones motifs. ZOS tried to release them, failed and found that all players have already farmed them or bought in guild stores.

So, nobody wants to buy them by crowns.

ZOS decided to make farming new motifs harder to make crown motifs more viable choice. Pure marketing.
  • Nestor
    Nestor
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Svenja wrote: »

Instead of doing 10% chance at a motif in nCR +3 and a 100% chance at a motif in vCR +3, they are taking out that RNG chance (good for them!) and replacing it

With RNG in a different place. You have no control over what chapter you will get once you use the binding agent.

Well, getting a guaranteed motif page in a dungeon or from a weekly trials container doesn't let you choose which page you get either.
    So what you guys want is a "motif page merchant" where you can simply choose which page you get?

We already have that, its called the crown store.

This system is not just encouraging people to go to the crown store when it releases there, it picks you up and throws you through the front window into the Crown Store Lobby
    Edited by Nestor on July 10, 2018 1:46PM
    Enjoy the game, life is what you really want to be worried about.

PakKat "Everything was going well, until I died"
    Gary Gravestink "I am glad you died, I needed the help"

• kongkim
    kongkim
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Koolio wrote: »
    As a PvPer I will never farm them.

Not looking forward to paying 1 mill gold per page

This, PvP'ers need a way ( other than buying ) to get these motifs

Way?

You cannot just do one part of the game and think you can get it all.
    I just don't get that logic.
  • Svenja
    Svenja
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Well, getting a guaranteed motif page in a dungeon or from a weekly trials container doesn't let you choose which page you get either.
    So what you guys want is a "motif page merchant" where you can simply choose which page you get?

This system is not just encouraging people to go to the crown store when it releases there, it picks you up and throws you through the front window into the Crown Store Lobby

That does not answer my question.
    In what way do you want to obtain motifs INGAME? (Edit: you complained about the rng when using the binding agent, so the 'motif page merchant' is the only fix for that that comes to my mind.)
    With a "motif page merchant" where you can choose the page?
    (And with currency you get from running the content?)
    Edited by Svenja on July 10, 2018 1:51PM
    PC | EU

Svea Rochaud | Templar Healer | AD
    Grand Overlord - Flawless Conqueror - Immortal Redeemer - Tick-Tock-Tormentor - Gryphon Heart - Spirit Slayer
  • purple-magicb16_ESO
    purple-magicb16_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    If I want this, I guess I'll have to buy if from the CS. I have a job so I don't have the time to farm the pages or the gold to buy them from guilds.
    I don't comment here often but when I do, I get [snip]
  • jaws343
    jaws343
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    A couple thoughts on this. The Welkynar Binding seems to be tied to the weekly coffer but not to any difficulty. So, you could potentially run the weekly on 15 characters in one week on normal +0 and get 15 Bindings, and then run Vet +3 on your main trials characters to get the 10 stones over and over again for as many pages as you need. You aren't really locked in to 1 Binding per week, you have the ability to get 15.

And running on 15 characters may be a bit of a grind, but at least normal +0 is easy enough to do with PVP specced single target builds. And for anyone who is able to do vet+3, normal is a cakewalk.
  • Marabornwingrion
    Marabornwingrion
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    @ZOS_GinaBruno
    @ZOS_JessicaFolsom
    @ZOS_Edward
    @ZOS_MattFiror

Maybe would you like come here and look at 5 pages of feedback left by angry players?
  • Lylith
    Lylith
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Aliyavana wrote: »
    Bet it will conveniently hit the crowns store at the same time

hope it works, the first time.

or the second time.

either would be an improvement over fang lair (still broken for some of us, yes) :neutral:
  • Recon4thCav
    Recon4thCav
    ✭✭✭
    jaws343 wrote: »
    A couple thoughts on this. The Welkynar Binding seems to be tied to the weekly coffer but not to any difficulty. So, you could potentially run the weekly on 15 characters in one week on normal +0 and get 15 Bindings, and then run Vet +3 on your main trials characters to get the 10 stones over and over again for as many pages as you need. You aren't really locked in to 1 Binding per week, you have the ability to get 15.

And running on 15 characters may be a bit of a grind, but at least normal +0 is easy enough to do with PVP specced single target builds. And for anyone who is able to do vet+3, normal is a cakewalk.

Only normal +3 gives 1. 0, +1, and +2 give nothing.
  • Aebaradath
    Aebaradath
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    DPShiro wrote: »
    aw_crwn_motif_welkynar_1x1.jpg

Coming to Crown Store according to datamine
    Now that looks awful.
  • Svenja
    Svenja
    ✭✭✭✭✭

But you get the "glue" on any difficulty if you finish the quest. That's what jaws meant.
    PC | EU

Grand Overlord - Flawless Conqueror - Immortal Redeemer - Tick-Tock-Tormentor - Gryphon Heart - Spirit Slayer
  • Svenja
    Svenja
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    So what I understand people want is this:
    You want a guaranteed motif page which you can choose as well.
    Once a week for finishing the quest?

While that would be amazing and making the motif stupidly easy to farm, ZOS will never do that. Their change of Celestial and Dro-m'athra-Motif Drops shows that.
    PC | EU

• Recon4thCav
    Recon4thCav
    ✭✭✭
    Even with 1 fragment from weekly quest will take a long time.
    Edited by Recon4thCav on July 10, 2018 2:07PM
  • Svenja
    Svenja
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Read the patch notes. Only get 1 part of the 10 needed on ncr+3. Anything lower than that on normal gives you nothing.

You don't understand what I mean. Sorry if I was unclear, English isn't my first language.

You get the motif fragments from nCR+3 and on the Vet Difficulties. So those you would farm with your main trials character.

You then log onto any pleb character and do nCR+0 with random people from zone chat where you get the "welkynar binding". That comes from the weekly quest reward, allowing you to get 15 per week.
    PC | EU

• jaws343
    jaws343
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

But you get the "glue" on any difficulty if you finish the quest. That's what jaws meant.

That is exactly what I meant. You get the Binding from completing the weekly coffer. Which you can do on multiple characters every week.

You get the stones by completing normal+3 or any of the vet modes. There is no limit to how many times you can do this each week to get as many stones as you want. So technically, you could run vet+3 100 times in one week and get 1,000 stones. And then you could run the daily on 15 characters each week and get 15 motifs per week.
  • Recon4thCav
    Recon4thCav
    ✭✭✭
    You are looking at a minimum of what 5 weeks if you are a rng good. And that is running on 15 characters a week. Ill pass. For the people that do not have the time for VCR. Too much of a grind. No I do not want things handed to me, but this is just adding more grind to the game.
    Edited by Recon4thCav on July 10, 2018 2:12PM
  • Nestor
    Nestor
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

In what way do you want to obtain motifs INGAME? (Edit: you complained about the rng when using the binding agent, so the 'motif page merchant' is the only fix for that that comes to my mind.)

The RNG is not that much of a negative if it was not also gated behind some of the most difficult content in the game. Both of those combined is the issue.

So want to tie this to the trial, then either give a random chapter on each quest completion as done now for other trials or give a token to acquire the chapter from a merchant.

• Aebaradath
    Aebaradath
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Read the patch notes. Only get 1 part of the 10 needed on ncr+3. Anything lower than that on normal gives you nothing.

You don't understand what I mean. Sorry if I was unclear, English isn't my first language.

You get the motif fragments from nCR+3 and on the Vet Difficulties. So those you would farm with your main trials character.

You then log onto any pleb character and do nCR+0 with random people from zone chat where you get the "welkynar binding". That comes from the weekly quest reward, allowing you to get 15 per week.
    It's still a stupidly obvious ploy to make people pay for the style in the Crown Store instead.
  • jaws343
    jaws343
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    You are looking at a minimum of what 5 weeks if you are a rng good. And that is running on 15 characters a week. Ill pass.

At that point though, how is it any different than the Dro m'athra motifs? You can only get 1 random one from the weekly coffer. Which means you can only get at most 15 per week. The only difference here is that you have to do +3 to be more efficient.
  • themaddaedra
    themaddaedra
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Yes but why does everyone assume that everyone has 15 characters? More than 8 doesn't really exist in game, you need to pay real money if you want more. Which brings us back to the issue here: crown store :smile:
    Edited by themaddaedra on July 10, 2018 2:14PM
    PC|EU
  • Svenja
    Svenja
    ✭✭✭✭✭

The RNG is not that much of a negative if it was not also gated behind some of the most difficult content in the game. Both of those combined is the issue.

So want to tie this to the trial, then either give a random chapter on each quest completion as done now for other trials or give a token to acquire the chapter from a merchant.

The other trials don't give a motif page upon quest completion anymore either. I am running vMoL weekly (for scores and fun) and got motifs from the reward box TWICE since February.
    PC | EU

• jaws343
    jaws343
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Yes but why does everyone assume that everyone has 15 characters? More than 8 doesn't really exist in game, you need to pay real money if you want more. Which brings us back to the issue here: crown store :smile:

15 is just the max possible. But even if you go with 8 or whatever number of characters you choose to run, you are still limited in Maw to that many coffer runs per week. So your Dro m'athra motifs have the exact same chance to drop as the Welkynar. With the exception of needing to do +3 to get a "guaranteed" drop.

And for those complaining about RNG, you are running with 11 other people. If you get a duplicate, surely someone in your group will have one you need that they do not. Learn to trade.
    Edited by jaws343 on July 10, 2018 2:17PM
  • Recon4thCav
    Recon4thCav
    ✭✭✭
    And whoever runs cr on 15 characters, you might as well buy it. You already spent money on character slots. I only see maybe 5% grinding on 15 characters. Yet they want to cater to new players and grow?
  • Recon4thCav
    Recon4thCav
    ✭✭✭

15 is just the max possible. But even if you go with 8 or whatever number of characters you choose to run, you are still limited in Maw to that many coffer runs per week. So your Dro m'athra motifs have the exact same chance to drop as the Welkynar. With the exception of needing to do +3 to get a "guaranteed" drop.

And for those complaining about RNG, you are running with 11 other people. If you get a duplicate, surely someone in your group will have one you need that they do not. Learn to trade.

So we went from possible 1 motif page to guarantee of 1 fragment a week per character. I do not see your logic. It was easier(yet still a grind) before.
  • Nestor
    Nestor
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

The other trials don't give a motif page upon quest completion anymore either. I am running vMoL weekly (for scores and fun) and got motifs from the reward box TWICE since February.

And that tells you how much i do trials. However, you still get a chance to get an entire chapter from a normal trial.

• Facefister
    Facefister
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    I think this mmo slowly boils down to mini trials and motifs. Ill go back to WoW in August I guess.
  • Crafts_Many_Boxes
    Crafts_Many_Boxes
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    This is a step in the wrong direction. JC uses this "combine 10 already hard to get things to make one incredibly hard to get thing" system, and everyone hates it.

I'm not saying it's a huge deal in and of itself, but it points to a troubling trend of ZOS pushing the monetization in not-so-subtle ways. I saw the same trend of "we're making the game much grindier, or you can pay up" decisions coming out of Rift, and those decisions directly led to the death of the game.

I don't want my next MMO to die the exact same way my previous one did. That's my only concern.

Also, NCR +3 is by no means trivial content for the vast majority. It's not terribly difficult once you get the hang of it, but trying to do it in a pug is exceedingly brutal. Not all of us are in trial guilds, so I think there should be a way for all levels of content to benefit from this. Even normal fang lair and scalecaller have a chance to drop motifs.
  • themaddaedra
    themaddaedra
    ✭✭✭✭✭

I think i got both of your points.

1. There's no difference between 15 and 8.
    2. I need to l2 trade.

Thx a lot, googling now what's a trade and looks interesting.
    PC|EU
  • jaws343
    jaws343
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

I think i got both of your points.

1. There's no difference between 15 and 8.
    2. I need to l2 trade.

Thx a lot, googling now what's a trade and looks interesting.

I threw out 15 because your original post was complaining that you could only get a motif once per week. Which is wrong. You can get up to 15. But, as pointed out by another comment, 8 is more reasonable without needing to buy character slots from the crown store. And 8 is still 8x more than your complaint.

And yeah, if you get a piece you didn't need, trade it. That is the way every motif has worked in this game for every bit of content, outside of the ones that are directly for sale. Why anyone would expect anything different is beyond me.