The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/

The way you obtain Welkynar motif chapters is a terrible joke!

• Jhalin
    Jhalin
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    l.ys wrote: »
    I honestly love it, it makes something actually hard to obtain, and for those that are clearing +2 and +3 without much problem, they have a distinct advantage. This brings some initiative to complete this content other than for skins/titles (hah!). I want more of this kind of stuff Zenimax, i want a reason to do vAS and other dlc trials other than perfected weapons.

Oh yeah it's really hard to whip out that wallet...

Easier to do hardmode than pay 50 bucks for a freaking style book lmao...

In what world is it harder to type card info once than it is to spend months of your life farming vCR?
  • l.ys
    l.ys
    ✭✭
    Jhalin wrote: »
    I honestly love it, it makes something actually hard to obtain, and for those that are clearing +2 and +3 without much problem, they have a distinct advantage. This brings some initiative to complete this content other than for skins/titles (hah!). I want more of this kind of stuff Zenimax, i want a reason to do vAS and other dlc trials other than perfected weapons.

In what world is it harder to type card info once than it is to spend months of your life farming vCR?

when you ltp
    All hardmode trials done on NA
    @Rostelore ingame user.
    Main templar healer
  • MehrunesFlagon
    MehrunesFlagon
    ✭✭✭✭✭

the world where your wallet has a limited size.
  • Hiruda
    Hiruda
    ✭✭✭
    The BG motif are so easy to get, i got the 3 full motif in less than a week
  • Jaimeh
    Jaimeh
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Even the people who will be able to afford bying the pages from traders will have to wait a long while for them, because someone else needs to do the actual grinding. It's a ridiculous move from ZOS, making something a CS purchase available in game in a way that is extremely time consuming and difficult... 'but see, you don't have to buy it, you can just find 11 more people and coordinate with them for the next half year in order to obtain it!'. I do hope they will reconsider this, just like they revisited JC upgrade materials, because as it, it's a joke.
  • ATomiX96
    ATomiX96
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    A system which rewards good players / groups? Might be worthwhile comming back.
  • Lyserus
    Lyserus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Almost 10k view now. is @ZOS_GinaBruno gonna respond to this?

Edit: Meant to @ZOS and it auto filled the name, sry Gina, you are awesome :)
    Edited by Lyserus on August 31, 2018 10:39PM
  • Jhalin
    Jhalin
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭

And when you work your playtime has a time limit >_>

$40 (equal to 5k crowns), is about half a day of work for me. Compare that to spending literal months doing nothing but farming for page fragments in game...

This motif was made not for trial runners, it’s made for people with a steady source of disposable income to throw at the store. That or people with absolutely no other obligations or life outside the game I guess
    Edited by Jhalin on August 31, 2018 11:57PM
  • Thalmor-Nordmaster
    Thalmor-Nordmaster
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Has anyone received master writs calling for this style yet? Are there plans to add motifs for J/C?

• Aurielle
    Aurielle
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

And when you work your playtime has a time limit >_>

$40 (equal to 5k crowns), is about half a day of work for me. Compare that to spending literal months doing nothing but farming for page fragments in game...

This motif was made not for trial runners, it’s made for people with a steady source of disposable income to throw at the store. That or people with absolutely no other obligations or life outside the game I guess

Exactly. And even if you have a disposable income ($40 = 1 hour of work for me on a weekend night shift, and about 1.2 hours of work on a day shift) dropping $40 on a crafting motif in a video game is a little insane, and I don’t want to encourage that kind of pricing with an impulse buy. I guess I’ll just never have this motif. I don’t have the patience to mindlessly grind a trial when I could be doing other stuff that I actually enjoy.

It’s a shame, because it’s a nice motif. Oh well.

Edited by Aurielle on September 12, 2018 8:01PM
  • MLGProPlayer
    MLGProPlayer
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

To be fair, just getting to the point of being able to efficiently complete a trial on HM takes weeks of practice (dozens of hours), followed by dozens more hours of actually farming the trial. If you spent that time working, even for minimum wage, you'd earn way more than $50.
    Edited by MLGProPlayer on September 12, 2018 9:05PM
  • MLGProPlayer
    MLGProPlayer
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Lyserus wrote: »
    Almost 10k view now. is @ZOS_GinaBruno gonna respond to this?

Edit: Meant to @ZOS and it auto filled the name, sry Gina, you are awesome :)

It doesn't matter how many people complain. What matters is how many people buy (or not) buy the motif from the crown store.
  • weedgenius
    weedgenius
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    The motif costing 6,000 crowns means the $40 crown pack (5,500 crowns) doesn't cut it for someone who does not have crowns sitting around. If they really want this crown motif, they'll need to buy the next biggest pack of 14,000 crowns for $100 in order to afford it.
    PS4 NA
    Better Homes & Gardens
  • themaddaedra
    themaddaedra
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    weedgenius wrote: »
    The motif costing 6,000 crowns means the $40 crown pack (5,500 crowns) doesn't cut it for someone who does not have crowns sitting around. If they really want this crown motif, they'll need to buy the next biggest pack of 14,000 crowns for $100 in order to afford it.

Excellent point.
    PC|EU
  • VaranisArano
    VaranisArano
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Its a joke.

If you farm the motif, even through the punishing grind - the worst grind for a motif yet - you still get screwed when you try to sell it.

Because you have to sell the pages in accordance with the price for the crown to gold ratio on your platform, or else people will just buy from crown store gifters.
  • ktdotexe
    ktdotexe
    ✭✭✭
    [deleted]
    Edited by ktdotexe on July 7, 2019 4:28PM
  • WrathOfInnos
    WrathOfInnos
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Give it a few weeks and these will be selling in guild stores for cheaper than Buoyant Armiger or Militant Ordinator pages. I’m predicting they start off around 200-300k this week. Then after all the richest players have them, start dropping to the 80-100k range in a few weeks. Months down the road they will probably stabilize to around 50k per page. Far from unobtainable, and much easier to get than some other motifs in game.
  • wenchmore420b14_ESO
    wenchmore420b14_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Give it a few weeks and these will be selling in guild stores for cheaper than Buoyant Armiger or Militant Ordinator pages. I’m predicting they start off around 200-300k this week. Then after all the richest players have them, start dropping to the 80-100k range in a few weeks. Months down the road they will probably stabilize to around 50k per page. Far from unobtainable, and much easier to get than some other motifs in game.

Which motif is harder than having to do 12 man trial on vet hard mode for 1 page a week? ( I think that is criteria for pages, could be off a little).
    Buoyant Armiger could be gotten in Treasure Chests. Militant Ordinator was bought with AP. Both leaps and jumps easier than this.
    Edited by wenchmore420b14_ESO on September 12, 2018 9:51PM
    Drakon Koryn~Oryndill, Rogue~Mage,- CP ~Doesn't matter any more
    NA / PC Beta Member since Nov 2013
    GM~Conclave-of-Shadows, EP Social Guild, ~Proud member of: The Wandering Merchants, Phoenix Rising, Imperial Trade Union & Celestials of Nirn
    Sister Guilds with: Coroner's Report, Children of Skyrim, Sunshine Daydream, Tamriel Fisheries, Knights Arcanum and more
    "Not All Who Wander are Lost"
    #MOREHOUSINGSLOTS
    “When the people that can make the company more successful are sales and marketing people, they end up running the companies. The product people get driven out of the decision making forums, and the companies forget what it means to make great products.”

_Steve Jobs (The Lost Interview)
  • Cronopoly
    Cronopoly
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Thanks for the heads up. I'll ignore "rewards" like this, and the Crowns Store counterpart. Some grinds are truly Ridiculous.
  • TheInfernalRage
    TheInfernalRage
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    The problem here is when a commodity hits the crown store, it immediately speaks of consumption. Glad to see commodity fetishism is very much alive and kicking in-game.

The game gives us an option to earn this motif. The crown store gives us an option to buy this motif.

However, the game personally is not forcing me to do both. This is why I don't have a problem with anything in the crown store. I simply don't care. If I want something, I'll work with what the game gives me. If I think It's too much in terms of price and, in this case too much of a grind, then I ditch it. If in the process of playing I acquire it eventually, that's added bonus.
  • D0PAMINE
    D0PAMINE
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Im fine with my one outfit slot and motifs I have. Not buying anything in the crown store.
  • VaranisArano
    VaranisArano
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Yep.

Great for buyers.

Consider that the people selling it have to run hard content AND an RNG grind fest to get it. Worse than any other motif.

Sucks for sellers.
  • kuma82
    kuma82
    ✭✭✭
    I think most people are upset with the stupid way the motif is split up. The crown price is high, but most of the motifs in crown store are high in price for basic ones.

To me how they allowed people to trade crowns for gold by gifting is just indirect gold selling. If you dont have the time but have the cash you buy crowns which you turn into gold by trading. ZOS is not selling the gold, but facilitating it. Instead of people going to gold farming sites, you just buy from crown store and sell to the people who have high amounts of gold but no crowns. Which is no different to me if you have the cash, but not the time or willingness to farm, you just buy gold. Just now it is with crowns which you trade for gold. Real life cash for in game currency that you can get in game gold with. They just added a step in the middle where they get the money.
  • WrathOfInnos
    WrathOfInnos
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Which motif is harder than having to do 12 man trial on vet hard mode for 1 page a week? ( I think that is criteria for pages, could be off a little).
    Buoyant Armiger could be gotten in Treasure Chests. Militant Ordinator was bought with AP. Both leaps and jumps easier than this.

nCR+3 can be done in 10 minutes with a group pulled out of zone chat. That’s 1 hour 40 mins to run it 10 times in the worst case scenario (no guild or friends to do vet), and get a guaranteed motif drop. With a good group, a vCR+3 run grants one page and takes less than 15 minutes. This can be repeated on each of up to 15 characters weekly per account.

People would farm Morrowind chests for days and not see a single Buoyant motif. They would have killed for a guaranteed page with less than 2 hours of farming, or the ability to get 15 in a week with no RNG.

Akaviri and Ordinator were not much better. IIRC some of those pages cost 200k AP, which is a much longer grind than Welkynar.
  • BrightOblivion
    BrightOblivion
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Umm... No? A reasonable person would buy one pack for $40, then pay $15 for the 1500 crown pack to finish out the 6000, making a cost of $55, or even buy two 3000 crown packs for a cost of $50. Who in their right mind would pay an extra $45-50 for 8000 crowns they don't need, when there are perfectly valid, available options to avoid it?

I don't disagree that the method to obtain it is ludicrously tedious to obtain, or that the crown store cost is more pricy than I'd wish. That said, claims that "people have to buy a $100 crown pack to afford it because of where it's priced" are silly and wrong and thus just cloud the issue. With marginally less effort, you can buy two crown packs, have as many crowns as you need with far fewer left over, and spend far less actual money.
  • VaranisArano
    VaranisArano
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Umm... No? A reasonable person would buy one pack for $40, then pay $15 for the 1500 crown pack to finish out the 6000, making a cost of $55, or even buy two 3000 crown packs for a cost of $50. Who in their right mind would pay an extra $45-50 for 8000 crowns they don't need, when there are perfectly valid, available options to avoid it?

I don't disagree that the method to obtain it is ludicrously tedious to obtain, or that the crown store cost is more pricy than I'd wish. That said, claims that "people have to buy a $100 crown pack to afford it because of where it's priced" are silly and wrong and thus just cloud the issue. With marginally less effort, you can buy two crown packs, have as many crowns as you need with far fewer left over, and spend far less actual money.

Your choices are essentially:

A. Use the most cost effective option in terms of crowns per dollar spent, buy the biggest crown pack, and assume you'll spend the crowns eventually

B. Buy assorted packs to get close to 6000, even though thats slightly less value in terms of crowns per dollar spent.

Either way ZOS got some extra money out of you.
  • weedgenius
    weedgenius
    ✭✭✭✭✭

nCR+3 can be done in 10 minutes with a group pulled out of zone chat. That’s 1 hour 40 mins to run it 10 times in the worst case scenario (no guild or friends to do vet), and get a guaranteed motif drop. With a good group, a vCR+3 run grants one page and takes less than 15 minutes. This can be repeated on each of up to 15 characters weekly per account.

People would farm Morrowind chests for days and not see a single Buoyant motif. They would have killed for a guaranteed page with less than 2 hours of farming, or the ability to get 15 in a week with no RNG.

Akaviri and Ordinator were not much better. IIRC some of those pages cost 200k AP, which is a much longer grind than Welkynar.

@WrathOfInnos Ten minutes to do nCR +3 with a PUG group from zone chat? That's a good one. And I would venture to guess most players don't have multiple characters that could reliably run vCR+3 in fifteen minutes, let alone ~15 characters or two accounts. You sound like a serious end game player that is very out of touch with the reality of people who are not on your level.
    PS4 NA
    Better Homes & Gardens
  • Pink_Violinz
    Pink_Violinz
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    lillybit wrote: »
    I don't mind that there's content that's effectively out of the reach of most people. I think it's a good thing for the game.

But there's a massive amount of crafters who care about things like having all the motifs and they quite often aren't the players who are doing vet trials.

I don't see the logic of making a motif realistically unobtainable. It'll be so hard to get that the prices will always be high. And worse still, the style mat will be just as hard to get so even buying it will still mean you can't craft it without paying even more.

There's already the skin to reward elite players, there was no need to make the motif so difficult. It really does just seem like it's just to force people to the crown store to buy and to actually craft it.

I'm one of the few who are in a group capable of this content and a motif hoarder. The amount of grinding and farming to finish this motif is probably the most of any motif ever. Even Bouyant Armiger dropped full pages at least, and the Glass fragments were common enough that the market could be soon saturated. The amount of time and effort just to achieve one page is absolutely absurd in its current form.

On what planet does everyone have a group capable of +3 in 15 minutes? Also I think you're greatly overestimating the skill of pug groups.
  • crjs1
    crjs1
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    It’s totally absurd and cuts out the VAST majority of players. Not everyone have the time for tens of trial runs, or the hold or crowns to buy.

Of course there needs to be incentive for ‘top end’ players but this is just a ridiculous grind fest.
  • VaranisArano
    VaranisArano
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

If you don't PVP much, perhaps. 100k AP an hour is doable. I typically get more like 50k AP an hour, not being an amazing PVPer. So while the acquisition rate might be slower and the better motif pages actually cost 500k AP, I can at least choose which page I buy at the end.

In addition, many people who PVP use Akaviri and Militant Ordinator to convert AP to gold. That's reflected in their lower prices.