The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/

The way you obtain Welkynar motif chapters is a terrible joke!

• Mystrius_Archaion
    Mystrius_Archaion
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Disturbing.

Zos, I hope you are listening to your community here. You can get the pulse on how your community feels about this. You still have time to rectify this before more are disenchanted.

I was already thoroughly disenchanted when they showed us the pyandonean motif method of obtaining that initially. They have to earn back my trust, but it seems they are up to the same old tricks but worse.

For reference: Pyandonean Maormer Motif
    I'm still cautiously watching my footing on this "slippery slope". We're trying to walk up it and they want us to fall flat on our face, slide to the bottom and give up and accept whatever they are trying to sell us for however much they want to sell it for.

That has been my whole point of caution after the latest post by them here. "Great! Thanks ZOS, but I'm watching you." They still have a lot of work to do.

giphy.gif
    Edited by Mystrius_Archaion on July 11, 2018 2:50AM
  • lillybit
    lillybit
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Lorem123 wrote: »
    lillybit wrote: »
    With this one they've even locked away the style mat behind the same hardest modes. It's this more than anything that leads me, and obviously a lot of others, to believe that the only reason for it is to force crown sales - of the motif itself and the crown mimic stones.
    Pretty sure you can get the style material from deconstruction as usual. Even with a bad drop rate from decon you'd probably be swimming in style materials before you even have a full page by just doing nCR +3, given you get 4 set pieces per run.

Really? That was your take away from that?

I'm sure you do but I only decon purple gear (I dont need mats, I do need gold) and the whole point was that the vast majority of crafters won't ever do nCR+3
    PS4 EU
  • idk
    idk
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Didn't they learn their lesson with glass? Dividing up a motif even more is just stupid.

It appears the difference is they are not requiring the purchase of an item from a vendor to join the pieces which is a huge difference. Also glass pieces were a pretty common drop.

Of course we will see the motifs for sale in the crown store a couple weeks before released into the trial. However this is a good and nice attempt to keep some revenue rolling through raiders.
  • efster
    efster
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    idk wrote: »
    However this is a good and nice attempt to keep some revenue rolling through raiders.
    Players who don't have the time to run nCR+3 for hours on end to get the motifs themselves also don't have the time to be farming for the millions of gold that will be needed to obtain these motifs from guild stores. Most of us with day jobs who only have a couple of hours a day to play, if that, are just going to shrug and fork over the crowns, because the nCR+3 farm rewards are frankly too low to bother with, and most of us simply don't have millions of gold that we're just waiting to throw at raiders. A decent PUG can do nCR+3 in under 20 minutes, that's a grand total of 36 fragments in an hour -- not even 3 full chapters between 12 people (and that relies on the group being decent -- many aren't). Nobody who likes to play various aspects of ESO has time for that bull****. Which ZoS, of course, knows well. If they wanted the average player to participate in the in-game economy, they would not release motifs in the crown store at all.
    Edited by efster on July 11, 2018 4:52AM
    AD is the best looking faction. I don't make the rules, I just enforce them.
  • Nightfall12
    Nightfall12
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I hate to have to bring it up, But I know there are folks way worse off than me.
    I have nerve damage in my arm that makes it so my rotations need to be simple, and timing is never going to be consistent, so MY DPS is never going to be the best. I build my toons to work with my skillset i can solo some world bosses, but speed which what groups demand is not my strength, most attempts to solo world bosses find folks joining in around the halfway point cuz its taking so long.

Secondly being deaf it is near impossible to even get onto normal trials because everyone these days demands voice instructions.....I get it I will be a burden, ONCE a guild was running normal trial that they needed 1 more for and so i got a pity invite based on that i had to trade my drop if i got anything someone else wanted. Everything discussed was in voice no typed instructions, i had no idea what was going on, It was not good, and i completely understand why they do it this way cant type while fighting. So i will never be invited into this content, and seeing how all the cool stuff keeps getting locked behind these increasingly difficult walls tells me I'm never getting this stuff which sucks.

I understand the game needs to challenge the top end folks, it just sucks that there is such a huge distance between normal and vet in rewards as well. Titles and cosmetic stuff i can see, but the gear that makes better players better and leaves the stragglers struggling is just discouraging. So while I would love to get this motiff too i'm going to have pay one way or another, because i won't get a chance to earn it.
    Ummm stuff… about stuff…or something.
  • Cloudless
    Cloudless
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Greedy, ZOS. Sad and greedy. :/
  • LittlePumpkin030
    LittlePumpkin030
    ✭✭✭
    i think it is fine to obtain a motif through a trial.... BUT
    I think the way the set this up is just not fair for regular players.

When you defeat her alone in normal you should get simply half of the vet-rewards, means 1
    +1 Boss means 2
    +2 Bosses means 3
    +3 bosses means 5

It would still be a bit grindy but not impossible to obtain the motif for non progress players.
    This one has wares if you have coins, yes!

ESO-Streamerin https://www.twitch.tv/littlepumpkin030
  • Runs
    Runs
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    My main issue with this is from having done the glass motif this way.

200 glass motif fragments = 20 pages = 13 *** staff motifs, this is not an exageration. I have never seen anywhere near as bad luck getting the same page so many times on regular rng drops.
    Runs| Orc NightbladeChim-el Adabal| Dunmer TemplarM'air the Honest| Khajiit Templar
    Oddity| Altmer SorcerorDrizlo| Orc DragonKnightLady Ra Gada| Redguard Sorceror
    Taste-of-Hist-Sap| Argonian NightbladeWar'den Peace| Khajiit WardenLittle Warden Annie Altmer Warden
    Ports with Blood| Breton TemplarDirty-Old-Man| Dunmer DragonKnightEyes-of-the-Sun| Argonian DragonKnight
    Bleak Mystique| Nord WardenPolychronopolous| Imperial SorcerorBullcrit| Khajiit Nightblade
    PC NA CP 1250+ and still a noob
    At Writs End - A place to complete master writs
  • Xoelarasizerer
    Xoelarasizerer
    ✭✭✭
    "You got your Divided up parts of a motif in my Farming final bosses!"
    "You got your Farming final bosses in my Divided up parts of a motif!"

Two Grinding tastes that taste Grindy together!
    Edited by Xoelarasizerer on July 13, 2018 12:24AM
  • Peekachu99
    Peekachu99
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Aliyavana wrote: »
    DPShiro wrote: »
    aw_crwn_motif_welkynar_1x1.jpg

Coming to Crown Store according to datamine

hahahahaahahahhaha

It was obvious, given the arduousness of completing it otherwise. I’m actually kind of okay with stuff like this, since Trials are rubbish and full of disconnects and glitches anyway, and the gear usually isn’t worth the effort.

Edit: I would also really like to know why 90% of the boots in this game look skinny and weird. There’s like a half dozen wearable pieces of fashion for feet—the rest are atrocities.
    Edited by Peekachu99 on July 12, 2018 2:41PM
  • Ley
    Ley
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I can add this to the list of things I'll never do.
    Leylith - MagSorc | Leyloth - StamPlar | Leynerd - MagPlar | Leylit - StamBlade | Ley Eviticus - StamDK | Leydor - MagDen | Leylum - StamSorc | Leylux - MagBlade
  • Sarnni
    Sarnni
    ✭✭
    I went off on this in my guild Discord, and am happy to see so many others feel the same way.

While I understand that MMO's or any game has time sinks built into them, this one is just getting to be unreal, and the more things that are introduced with each patch the less I want to farm for anything.

This is a horrible Idea ZOS!
  • Alamakot
    Alamakot
    ✭✭✭
    I can live (in the game) without this motif. Farming it this way is stupidity.
    Eventually i will collect it after some (hopefully not very long) time, when someone wise from ZOS decide to put it (like Glass motif) to voucher shop.
  • mb10
    mb10
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Not a chance I'm farming ANYTHING that looks completely stiff and still when my character is running lmao

They spend 2 hours designing the motif and expect us to farm it for 6 months straight. Won't spend a minute trying to get any of the pages or stones
  • Anotherone773
    Anotherone773
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    ZOS comes up with dumber and dumber ways to obtain motifs. And these grind sessions for fragments are not fun. You would of thought they learned that with glass motif.
  • mlstevens42_ESO
    mlstevens42_ESO
    ✭✭✭
    I hate this whole idea. I am a crafter I do not nor do I really want to do dungeons pvp steal trials and all this other garbage to keep up with my motif collection.

There is no real reason to try and force me into other play styles in order to satisfy some need to diversify my play style. If I wanted to be diverse I would be. I do not feel I should have to pay players that do the content due to the fact most use dropped gear anyway. In other words it is not a you scratch my back I scratch your situation. End game trial and dungeon stuff is almost always better then what I can craft so they do not come to me for goods. Why should I pay for the results of their game play it doesn't help me?

It would be different if the gear I crafted had a market. It doesn't. Since it doesn't have a market I see no reason to spend whatever gold I can get to pay people that never need my services let alone pay me for said services. I would much rather you not put these motifs in such idiotic places if you are not going to make the gear I make viable as end game gear. I need to make cash too you know. All these raiders are going to put this useless stuff to them up for enormous amounts. The whole situation between this and the jewelry crafting idiocy I am thinking that perhaps I should just quit playing altogether.

For your information grinding this crap is not fun in the first place dividing it up into ten pieces doesn't make it more fun or interesting. While I could do the raid and all that, I do not have ANY desire in this direction. Certainly will not make an effort to do this and if this remains as it is you can count on the fact that I will not purchase it either not from any player nor from the company.
  • idrankyourbeer
    idrankyourbeer
    ✭✭✭
    im not ever going to spend a single crown on anything, and i'm not going to grind my life away until the hair on my balls turns grey just to get a motif, so looks like i wont be getting that motif.

ZoS can stick it. Growing tired of seeing them create this unenjoyable and unreasonable mega grind for items just to try to make it more appealing to obtain on the crown store and then sell it for absolute rip-off prices just like everything else that's on the crown store. Thanks but no thanks. If anything it just gives me a reason to not renew my ESO+ sub if this is the kind of crap that they want to turn their game into.
    Edited by idrankyourbeer on July 15, 2018 11:07PM
  • wenchmore420b14_ESO
    wenchmore420b14_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    I really feel like the people who thought up this motif grind are the same ones that thought having a advertising page full screen on every character was a good idea... Lmao! :)
    Drakon Koryn~Oryndill, Rogue~Mage,- CP ~Doesn't matter any more
    NA / PC Beta Member since Nov 2013
    GM~Conclave-of-Shadows, EP Social Guild, ~Proud member of: The Wandering Merchants, Phoenix Rising, Imperial Trade Union & Celestials of Nirn
    Sister Guilds with: Coroner's Report, Children of Skyrim, Sunshine Daydream, Tamriel Fisheries, Knights Arcanum and more
    "Not All Who Wander are Lost"
    #MOREHOUSINGSLOTS
    “When the people that can make the company more successful are sales and marketing people, they end up running the companies. The product people get driven out of the decision making forums, and the companies forget what it means to make great products.”

_Steve Jobs (The Lost Interview)
  • D0PAMINE
    D0PAMINE
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Nope. I am not buying this in the crown store or trying to farm it for countless hours. It's not worth it.
  • Aeslief
    Aeslief
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yeah...I don’t think I want to collect motifs anymore. :'(
  • Imagie
    Imagie
    ✭✭✭
    I just need to sign in add to the backlash. This is a really bad way to obtain this motif, it alienates A LOT of players. Just simply make it available as a trial drop.
  • Delpi
    Delpi
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    The last motifs they added are a grind fest, not only this one. BG motifs are divided into 3 (chest: light page/medium page/ heavy page wtf?!!!!)

And let's not talk about pyandonean motif... oh! And new moster mask. I've done that damn dungeon on vet the whole month and I got no motif at all. Crap RNG?

Seriously, what the hell are they thinking? I'm done with motifs.
    "I used to be an adventurer like you. Then I took an arrow in the knee..."
  • Minyassa
    Minyassa
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    don't be so difficult, there is no fun in having your motif complete is 1 week.

How is rushing to the outfit station to make your brand new exciting outfit right away not fun? I beg to differ quite a lot.

Making me do weeks and weeks of gruelling content over and over is thousands of times less fun than getting to make a new outfit while I'm still stoked about a new style. By the time I actually have enough of the motif to dress up in, they will have released something else that's new and exciting and I will have missed out on the joy of putting on the new shiny thing.
  • TimeViewer
    TimeViewer
    ✭✭✭✭
    tbh I expected this thread to be deleted for "bashing" since the only (mild) criticism I ever posted was removed claiming to be such

They'll never listen to this or change it, it's in the crown store now which, as posted, was what they intended all along.
  • Datolite
    Datolite
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Way to go ZOS. You have taken another step towards Korean-level grind or pay tactics. It's like you revel in testing our boundaries.
  • Nova Sky
    Nova Sky
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I agree with the OP.

Zeni, there's a lot of really good games coming out starting in a week or so. You're running a real risk of killing the goose that laid the golden egg with STUNTS like this.
    "Wheresoever you go, go with all of your heart."
  • l.ys
    l.ys
    ✭✭
    I honestly love it, it makes something actually hard to obtain, and for those that are clearing +2 and +3 without much problem, they have a distinct advantage. This brings some initiative to complete this content other than for skins/titles (hah!). I want more of this kind of stuff Zenimax, i want a reason to do vAS and other dlc trials other than perfected weapons.
    All hardmode trials done on NA
    @Rostelore ingame user.
    Main templar healer
  • Datolite
    Datolite
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    l.ys wrote: »
    I honestly love it, it makes something actually hard to obtain, and for those that are clearing +2 and +3 without much problem, they have a distinct advantage. This brings some initiative to complete this content other than for skins/titles (hah!). I want more of this kind of stuff Zenimax, i want a reason to do vAS and other dlc trials other than perfected weapons.

Oh yeah it's really hard to whip out that wallet...
  • Wreuntzylla
    Wreuntzylla
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Koolio wrote: »
    As a PvPer I will never farm them.

Not looking forward to paying 1 mill gold per page

This, PvP'ers need a way ( other than buying ) to get these motifs

Why? I sell Militant Ordinator for crazy amounts of gold.
  • l.ys
    l.ys
    ✭✭
    l.ys wrote: »

Oh yeah it's really hard to whip out that wallet...

Easier to do hardmode than pay 50 bucks for a freaking style book lmao...
    All hardmode trials done on NA
    @Rostelore ingame user.
    Main templar healer