The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 29:
• PC/Mac: No maintenance – April 29

The way you obtain Welkynar motif chapters is a terrible joke!

• Chrysa1is
    Chrysa1is
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ZOS have literally made it this way so that you buy the motif in the crown store. 5000 crowns says so. "Got my mind on my money and my money on my mind".

Imagine waiting a week to combine the pages and you get another Welkynar Belts motif. The rage!
    Edited by Chrysa1is on July 10, 2018 7:10AM
  • DaveMoeDee
    DaveMoeDee
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Koolio wrote: »
    As a PvPer I will never farm them.

Not looking forward to paying 1 mill gold per page

Not even during next Jubilee?
  • UrbanMonk
    UrbanMonk
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    This system of getting the motif is definitely as VERY TEDIOUS grind for sure, however at the same time, it gives a lot of market value to these motifs. However with that being said, it's gonna be a pain for the collectors to either grind them all or buy them all.
    The binding material is the least of problem as you can get the reward boxes on normal as well (and it doesn't state anywhere that this item drops only from vet), so you can get up to 15 of those in 1 day. But getting those pieces is a HUGE PAIN. I myself do v+1 on 2 chrs twice a week so that's about 16 pieces/ week for me. with that math it'd take me 6 weeks or less to get 14 motifs which again are not guaranteed to be different. I'll prefer to read them myself to get my own collection done.

In general, it's a bad idea to have this low drop rate. For normal I agree with what has been posted except nCR+3 should drop at least 2-4 to make it worth running, and for vet +1/+2/+3 should drop 5/10/20 so that compensates people doing harder content better.

But again that is just my opinion.
    ZOS does love putting RNG on top of RNG and then sprinkle on it some more RNG...
    Edited by UrbanMonk on July 10, 2018 7:17AM
    Urban.Monk

-Monk I- Magden- ⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐
    -Tsürügi- MagBlade- ⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐
    -Bantam Bomber- MagPlar- AVA28
    -Hot Nöödle- MagDK - AVA37
    -Pablo Necrobar- StamCro- AVA24

youtube.com/c/UrbanMonkGaming
    Easiest mDK for vMA and vVH- https://youtu.be/dUxQO1FO1XQ

___________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________
    Balance for the Sake of Balance is no Balance at all.
  • DaveMoeDee
    DaveMoeDee
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    The grind is long and tedious. That's moderately annoying.

The truly annoying part is that it has been designed to be long and tedious in order to encourage crown store sales.

Now, I don't mind things in the crown store. What I dislike is when the crown store warps the appropriate level of grind too far in one direction in favor of sales and the blatant obviousness of it.

What was the motivation for making jewelry crafting so grindy?
  • Pink_Violinz
    Pink_Violinz
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    DaveMoeDee wrote: »

There were a few that were excluded from the coffers. Glass, Ebony, Militant Ordinator, and maybe some others. I'm willing to bet they'd do that with Welkynar, considering the grind.
  • YamiKuruku
    YamiKuruku
    ✭✭✭✭
    :/
    so sad
    i don't want to grind that hard for just a motif, it was boderline with the glass style and i am currently fishing for the maormer style...and pickpocketing & murder for morrowind was actually okay... but i don't know how to feel about this whole fragment thing
    it's really annoying to combine fragments, why do they hate us so much
    Edited by YamiKuruku on July 10, 2018 7:15AM
    -{ PC EU }-
    CP 810+
    x Khazadaar > lvl50 EP | Khajiit magblade | Main&Master Crafter | Bloodletter
    x Mazayee-Kajthux > lvl 50 EP | Argonian Warden Healer | Godslayer
    x Margaux the Undying > lvl50 DC | Breton Templar Healer | Tick-Tock Tormentor
    x Fendryn Olms >lvl 50 EP | Dunmer Necro Healer | Gryphon Heart
    xCassius Pavo > lvl50 EP | Imperial Necrotank | Bringer of Light
    x Haj Xal >lvl50 EP | Argonian Healblade | Immortal Redeemer
    x Caessia>lvl 50EP | Imperial Warden Tank | Bringer of Light
    x Andre Valere >lvl 50 AD | Breton SorcTank | Gryphon Heart
    x S'zhan'ir >lvl 50 EP | Khajiit StamDen| Alpha Predator
    x Ri'zaad Sajhan >lvl 50 EP | Khajiit DKTank | extinguisher of flames
    x Mi'ra-Do>lvl 50EP | Khajiit magPlar | Divayth Fyr's Coadjutor
    x Minwe Elsinor>lvl 50EP | Altmer MagDen | Dovahkriid
    x Velen Dres > lvl50 EP | Dunmer Magcro | Voice of Reason
    x Perathea > lvl50 AD | Argonian MagDK
    x Myvth >lvl 50 EP | Dunmer StamDK | Plague of Peryite
    x Nephaal Telvanni > lvl50 EP | dunmer MagSorc | Voice of Reason
    x Ko'haana > lvl50 AD | Khajiit Magsorc
    x Zasha gra-Lashk > lvl50 EP | Orc Stamcro
  • Concret
    Concret
    ✭✭✭
    As I PvE player, I had never complain about PvP area stuff and the need to buy it from Guild store if I dont want to do PvP.

Now PvE players have a new way to make gold and this is nice to know (and this is only cosmetic, who really cares .. ?)!

I really like it.
  • YamiKuruku
    YamiKuruku
    ✭✭✭✭
    Concret wrote: »
    As I PvE player, I had never complain about PvP area stuff and the need to buy it from Guild store if I dont want to do PvP.

Now PvE players have a new way to make gold and this is nice to know (and this is only cosmetic, who really cares .. ?)!

I really like it.

it's not only cosmetics if you need to do masterwrits in that style tbh
    -{ PC EU }-
    CP 810+
    x Khazadaar > lvl50 EP | Khajiit magblade | Main&Master Crafter | Bloodletter
    x Mazayee-Kajthux > lvl 50 EP | Argonian Warden Healer | Godslayer
    x Margaux the Undying > lvl50 DC | Breton Templar Healer | Tick-Tock Tormentor
    x Fendryn Olms >lvl 50 EP | Dunmer Necro Healer | Gryphon Heart
    x Haj Xal >lvl50 EP | Argonian Healblade | Immortal Redeemer
    x Caessia>lvl 50EP | Imperial Warden Tank | Bringer of Light
    x Andre Valere >lvl 50 AD | Breton SorcTank | Gryphon Heart
    x S'zhan'ir >lvl 50 EP | Khajiit StamDen| Alpha Predator
    x Ri'zaad Sajhan >lvl 50 EP | Khajiit DKTank | extinguisher of flames
    x Mi'ra-Do>lvl 50EP | Khajiit magPlar | Divayth Fyr's Coadjutor
    x Minwe Elsinor>lvl 50EP | Altmer MagDen | Dovahkriid
    x Velen Dres > lvl50 EP | Dunmer Magcro | Voice of Reason
    x Perathea > lvl50 AD | Argonian MagDK
    x Myvth >lvl 50 EP | Dunmer StamDK | Plague of Peryite
    x Nephaal Telvanni > lvl50 EP | dunmer MagSorc | Voice of Reason
    x Ko'haana > lvl50 AD | Khajiit Magsorc
    x Zasha gra-Lashk > lvl50 EP | Orc Stamcro
  • DaveMoeDee
    DaveMoeDee
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    YamiKuruku wrote: »
    Concret wrote: »

I really like it.

it's not only cosmetics if you need to do masterwrits in that style tbh

You mean if you WANT to do master writs in that style.
  • AntonShan
    AntonShan
    ✭✭✭✭

Thank you but I already have full-time job.
    From my experience I can say that for a month and a half of almost non-stop grind I've grown tired of the game.
  • Chrysa1is
    Chrysa1is
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Do you feel valued as a customer now Mr Krabs?
  • f047ys3v3n
    f047ys3v3n
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Lol, If I'm not mistaken (the memory is a little foggy).

You want the best gear - Hard mode only
    The motif - effectively hard mode or crown only
    The skin - hard mode only
    The title - hard mode only
    The good leaderboard and weekly's - obviously hard mode only
    The good quest ending - Inexplicably hard mode only.

There are what, 5 other modes to this trial. They are all basically useless.

Is this how ZOS is attempting to get folks into doing trials in order to have a semi-healthy endgame community. By dropping nerfed everything, no prestige items, no cosmetic items, and a crappy, sad, quest ending. Working great guys.
    I am mostly pleased with the current state of ESO. Please do continue to ban cheaters though and you guys have to find out who is duping gold and how because the economy is currently non-functional.
  • MrGarlic
    MrGarlic
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    jesus christ people, you seriously complain about the most pointless things. If you want to be a completionist, sometimes you either have to EARN it or BUY it. ZOS is based in a capitalist country. I'm sure someone's boss is breathing down their neck saying "How can you earn us more money?". It's a god damned motif, and doesn't affect any way you play the game other than cosmetics...get over it.

The entertainment industry is cut-throat and if you drive your customers away by over-pricing, then you won't be in business for much longer. Customer's will vote with their feet and take their business elsewhere.

The motifs will probably sell for 5000 crowns which is what, about $50. That's a lot to spend for a virtual 'cosmetic.'

I won't be buying it and I won't be 'grinding' it either. I'd rather just play the game.
    'Sharp Arrows'Mr.Garlic
    Hidden by darkness, a shadow in the night,A sped arrow dissecting the gloom,Finding it's target, such delight.
  • Troneon
    Troneon
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Base Game

Welkynar Motif
    The Welkynar Motif is now available from Cloudrest Trial. This Motif is proudly worn by the gryphon-riding Welkynar themselves, and now you can earn the right to wear and craft this armor too - if you can defeat Z'Maja.
    • You can earn Welkynar Style Motif Fragments by defeating Z'Maja; more are earned by defeating her on harder difficulties, and she will not drop any Fragments unless fought on Veteran mode, or on Normal mode with all of her Welkynar Shade allies. The amount of Fragments dropped is not randomized, but is based on the configuration of the final boss fight - the harder the fight, the more Motif Fragments you'll obtain.

mldk73hqv9ky.png
    • You can earn a Welkynar Binding once a week by completing the quest "Woe of the Welkynars", a quest in Cloudrest. By activating the Welkynar Binding (which consumes 10 Welkynar Style Motif Fragments), you will create a single random Welkynar Motif chapter, or very rarely, the full Book.
    • The Welkynar Style Item, Gryphon Plumes, are earned in the same manner: by defeating Z'Maja. You earn more on harder difficulties, and as with the Motif Fragments, you will not earn any if you defeat her on Normal mode without all of her allies with him.

Now if i'm reading this correctly, you will have to do lots of farming for 10 Welkynar motif fragments (10 nCR +3, 5 vCR, one vCR +1 and one vCR +2, or one vCR +3 -good luck- and such) which you will have to use with Welkynar Binding for a random chapter, and Welkynar Binding can be acquired once a week!

What kind of grind is that? Who from ZOS in their bright mind came up with this idea? Not even talking about new BG outfit styles those come from different BG modes! This truly got out of hand, i'm at this point saying goodbye to all collectible hunts and such, which i very strictly continued so far.

This is purely an artificial over the top grind JUST SO THEY CAN PUSH CROWN STORE SALES when it comes out....

SCUMMY SCUMMY SCUMMY.
    PC EU AD
    Master Crafter - Anything you need!!
    High Elf Magicka Templar Healer/DPS/Tank
    Trials / Dungeons / PVP / Everything
  • Troneon
    Troneon
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    The grind is long and tedious. That's moderately annoying.

The truly annoying part is that it has been designed to be long and tedious in order to encourage crown store sales.

Now, I don't mind things in the crown store. What I dislike is when the crown store warps the appropriate level of grind too far in one direction in favor of sales and the blatant obviousness of it.

When entire parts of a game get redesigned around the micro-transaction store, that is where it has gone too far. RIP.
    PC EU AD
    Master Crafter - Anything you need!!
    High Elf Magicka Templar Healer/DPS/Tank
    Trials / Dungeons / PVP / Everything
  • DaveMoeDee
    DaveMoeDee
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    AntonShan wrote: »

Thank you but I already have full-time job.
    From my experience I can say that for a month and a half of almost non-stop grind I've grown tired of the game.

Sounds like you aren't going to farm any motifs then since getting this in Jubilee through writs will be easier than getting any DLC/Chapter motifs through normal means, so it doesn't really matter for you if they make this more of a grind.
  • LadyDestiny
    LadyDestiny
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Base Game

Welkynar Motif
    The Welkynar Motif is now available from Cloudrest Trial. This Motif is proudly worn by the gryphon-riding Welkynar themselves, and now you can earn the right to wear and craft this armor too - if you can defeat Z'Maja.
    • You can earn Welkynar Style Motif Fragments by defeating Z'Maja; more are earned by defeating her on harder difficulties, and she will not drop any Fragments unless fought on Veteran mode, or on Normal mode with all of her Welkynar Shade allies. The amount of Fragments dropped is not randomized, but is based on the configuration of the final boss fight - the harder the fight, the more Motif Fragments you'll obtain.

mldk73hqv9ky.png
    • You can earn a Welkynar Binding once a week by completing the quest "Woe of the Welkynars", a quest in Cloudrest. By activating the Welkynar Binding (which consumes 10 Welkynar Style Motif Fragments), you will create a single random Welkynar Motif chapter, or very rarely, the full Book.
    • The Welkynar Style Item, Gryphon Plumes, are earned in the same manner: by defeating Z'Maja. You earn more on harder difficulties, and as with the Motif Fragments, you will not earn any if you defeat her on Normal mode without all of her allies with him.

Now if i'm reading this correctly, you will have to do lots of farming for 10 Welkynar motif fragments (10 nCR +3, 5 vCR, one vCR +1 and one vCR +2, or one vCR +3 -good luck- and such) which you will have to use with Welkynar Binding for a random chapter, and Welkynar Binding can be acquired once a week!

What kind of grind is that? Who from ZOS in their bright mind came up with this idea? Not even talking about new BG outfit styles those come from different BG modes! This truly got out of hand, i'm at this point saying goodbye to all collectible hunts and such, which i very strictly continued so far.

Will be for sale in crown store soon.......guarantee it!
  • Chrysa1is
    Chrysa1is
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    PLEASE WATCH THIS! SKIP to 7:33
    Youtube: Gordon Ramsay Rapid Fire 4

The Rules:
    - Gordon Ramsay is us, the customer.
    - Colleen is ZOS.
    - The salmon is the decision to make welkynar hard to get, forcing us to just buy the motif, and why are we not surprised.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QAzflbn8N3A

CANT CENSOR THE THUMBNAIL. SORRY
    Edited by Chrysa1is on July 10, 2018 8:11AM
  • gnarlyvandal
    gnarlyvandal
    ✭✭✭
    So any news on crown crates getting banned? Heard payed for RNG in games are supposed to be getting a crackdown by European governments, due to literally being gambling.. or is that not happening at all anymore?
    Edited by gnarlyvandal on July 10, 2018 8:43AM
  • MLGProPlayer
    MLGProPlayer
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    don't be so difficult, there is no fun in having your motif complete is 1 week.

The tedium is designed to steer you towards the crown store, not to make it more rewarding.
  • code65536
    code65536
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I do like that you get 10 fragments in vet HM. That's enough for 1 chapter, and groups that can do HM can clear it within 20 minutes, if not quicker.

The problem is that stupid binding fragment. The coffer system is an idiotic way to reward players, particularly for endgame trial runners who are often locked into a specific role/character for difficult content, because the group is built around people filling very specific roles.

So most of them will get just one binding stone a week (and the lack of leniency in the 7-day timer makes that a pain to manage, too), while they will be getting much more than 10 fragments per week.

I think the fragment drop rate is just fine, personally. But the binding agent? Decouple it from the stupid coffer system that nobody likes and just put it up for sale at the vendor in the lobby for a nominal gold cost.
    Nightfighters ― PC/NA and PC/EU

Dungeons and Trials:
    Personal best scores:
    Dungeon trifectas:
    Media: YouTubeTwitch
  • Turelus
    Turelus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    This would be fine without the 1/week limit.

That limit is there just to make this more rare when it's already going to be rare due to the skill requirement.

Honestly in 2018 we shouldn't be having obtainable items locked behind arbitrary time barriers. I sadly have the feeling there are more and more obstructions being added to the in game items you can earn to make the crown store ones more viable.

Whatever though, I will just wait for it to be in a Crown Crate for gems and buy it that way, costs less than Crowns purchase and no grind.
    @Turelus - EU PC Megaserver
    "Don't count on others for help. In the end each of us is in this alone. The survivors are those who know how to look out for themselves."
  • code65536
    code65536
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    f047ys3v3n wrote: »
    Lol, If I'm not mistaken (the memory is a little foggy).

You want the best gear - Hard mode only
    The motif - effectively hard mode or crown only
    The skin - hard mode only
    The title - hard mode only
    The good leaderboard and weekly's - obviously hard mode only
    The good quest ending - Inexplicably hard mode only.

There are what, 5 other modes to this trial. They are all basically useless.

Is this how ZOS is attempting to get folks into doing trials in order to have a semi-healthy endgame community. By dropping nerfed everything, no prestige items, no cosmetic items, and a crappy, sad, quest ending. Working great guys.

Wow, no mention of cheat engine like all your other posts? :trollface:

Perfected gear drops in all veteran modes, not just vet HM. You get more pieces of perfected gear (and in more slots) the higher up the difficulty ladder you go. But it''s possible to complete a full set of the perfected gear without clearing HM. This is one of the welcome changes that they made from Asylum, based on our feedback.

The motif is not "hard mode only", LOL. You get a decent number of fragments from the other veteran modes too. HM is basically 1 motif per clear, but one motif per 2 or 3 clears in a lower tier isn't that much worse.

And leaderboard rewards definitely don't require HM (if it does, then it means that HM has become so easy that all of this is moot). A lot of people got their perfected Asylum staves not by completing HM, but by stuffing the weekly boards with alts doing a lower-difficulty vet mode. I expect the same for Cloudrest.

And the good quest ending? Well, you can get that in nCR +3.

Maybe, for once, you should actually know your subject matter before posting? Just a suggestion.
    Nightfighters ― PC/NA and PC/EU

Dungeons and Trials:
    Personal best scores:
    Dungeon trifectas:
    Media: YouTubeTwitch
  • AlienSlof
    AlienSlof
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Lame.
    Bionic Crazy Cat Lady
  • Dextail
    Dextail
    ✭✭✭
    Just buy it with crowns or crown gems :Kappa:
  • shadowwraith666
    shadowwraith666
    ✭✭✭✭
    So any news on crown crates getting banned? Heard payed for RNG in games are supposed to be getting a crackdown by European governments, due to literally being gambling.. or is that not happening at all anymore?

i doubt it since you don't need to pay for them, just wait for the crown rewards
    • Vicktor Bloodtail - L42 Argonian Magblade, Werewolf - EP
    • Xarxes - L31 Dunmer Sorc, Vampire - EP
    • Lichtspear - L21 Argonian Temp - EP
    • Rajka Fireclaw - L21 Khajit DK - AD

PS4 EU
    Spill some blood for me dear brother
    Vicente Valtiere, Dark Brotherhood, Oblivion
  • themaddaedra
    themaddaedra
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Dextail wrote: »
    Just buy it with crowns or crown gems :Kappa:

I got 500 gems anyway :wink:
    PC|EU
  • Raraaku
    Raraaku
    ✭✭✭✭
    I think being able to do vCR+3 should warrant a chapter. That grind is pretty ridiculous as well as the limiting time factor.

giphy.gif

^^ How I imagine interviewing for a monetization designer job goes.
    Edited by Raraaku on July 10, 2018 10:51AM
    Back from a much needed break. || I like having too many projects and working on them all at once.

Tank Enthusiast || CP: 445 || Stormproof

Tanks
    Karsaak gro-Ursa: DC || Orc || Stamina Dragonknight || Tank || Level: CP 445
    Sir Leopold Stotch: DC || Breton || Magicka Templar || Tank || Level: 445
    Protects-Squishy-Ones: EP || Argonian || Magicka Sorcerer || Tank/CC || Level: CP 445
    Björn Shadow-Walker: EP || Nord || Stamina Nightblade || Tank || Level: 15
    Tiberius Valerion: AD || Imperial || Stamina Warden || Tank || Level: 15

Damage Dealers
    Morrigan Ravyn-Cloak: AD || Altmer || Magicka Nightblade || DPS || Level: CP 445
    Ra'Zahkara: AD || Khajiit || Stamina Dragonknight || DPS || Level: CP 445
    Ezra al-Khazir: DC || Redguard || Stamina Templar || DPS || Level: 40
    Erryndril Telvaux: EP || Dunmer || Magicka Dragonknight || DPS || Level: 25
    Uzara gra-Khalari: DC || Orc || Stamina Nightblade || DPS [2H/DW] || Level: 15
    Solomon Motierre: DC || Breton || Magicka Sorcerer || DPS || Level: 20
    Ragnar the Wulf: EP || Nord || Stamina Warden || DPS || Level: 30
    Ra'Rahku: AD || Khajiit || Stamina Nightblade || DPS [Bow/Bow] || Level: 15

Healers
    Sees-through-Hist: EP || Argonian || Magicka Warden || Healer/CC || CP 445
    Daedalus the Artificer: AD || Altmer || Magicka Templar || Healer || Level: 15
  • themaddaedra
    themaddaedra
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    This is honestly the reason this game is breaking down. If something isn't instantly obtainable or easily obtainable, people just flip out and complain until ZOS caves. Obviously there is always the Crown Store option, but I'm ignoring that because people can pay all they want if they feel they need extra stuff. It's a grind, it's an mmporg, you should have to earn things...

For those who fail to understand what they read: I never said they should be easy obtainable. I'm up for hard locking those chapters (not fragments) behind vCR and removing that stupid weekly bind.

This design is not hard obtain, it's so annoying people would just buy from crown store obtain.

PC|EU
  • Marabornwingrion
    Marabornwingrion
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    This game becomes more and more grindy, it starts looking like grind in korean f2p games.

Shame on you ZOS.