The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• [IN PROGRESS] Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• [IN PROGRESS] PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

The way you obtain Welkynar motif chapters is a terrible joke!

• logarifmik
    logarifmik
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Ah, so the logic behind it is basically this, sure, one can have this motif for free, but it'll take so much effort, that it'll be easier to buy it from the Crown Store. Bravo, rotten capitalists! Bravo!
    EU PC: @logarifmik | Languages: Русский, English
    Dimitri Frernis | Breton Sorcerer | Damage Dealer | Daggerfall Covenant
    Scales-of-Ice | Argonian Warden | Tank / Healer | Daggerfall Covenant
  • Nightfall12
    Nightfall12
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    what if...
    This motiff is the one they planed on putting in next seasons crown crates. I remember when the Pyando's were annouced they stated they planned to have a crate motif each season, everyone complained and they found a way to put it into the game that wasn't easy, but at least a way to get it. maybe this is that and its being shown in reverse this time so crown crates seem like the saving grace instead of the problem?

Maybe but then again that data mine did not show the individual parts..
    Ummm stuff… about stuff…or something.
  • driosketch
    driosketch
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Didn't they learn their lesson with glass? Dividing up a motif even more is just stupid.

Right? I thought we've done this dance already and decided it wasn't fun or cost effective. Oh well, here's looking to the fourth anniversary event to collect this motif.
    Main: Drio Azul ~ DC, Redguard, Healer/Magicka Templar ~ NA-PC
    ●The Psijic Order●The Sidekick Order●Great House Hlaalu●Bal-Busters●
  • WhiteCoatSyndrome
    WhiteCoatSyndrome
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    The 'only one Binding per week' looks like it's going to be a bad bottleneck. Fourteen chapters, fourteen weeks, so even if you happen to be in the subset of players who run vet Trials regularly you're going to be waiting on this a while. :/ Now that I think about it, has anyone tested if it's one per week PER CHARACTER or one per week PER ACCOUNT?
    #proud2BAStarObsessedLoony
    PAWS (Positively Against Wrip-off Stuff) - Say No to Crown Crates!
    A useful explanation for how RNG works

PC/NA ROLLBACKS AND BAN NOTIFICATIONS ANNOUNCEMENT.
  • VaranisArano
    VaranisArano
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    The 'only one Binding per week' looks like it's going to be a bad bottleneck. Fourteen chapters, fourteen weeks, so even if you happen to be in the subset of players who run vet Trials regularly you're going to be waiting on this a while. :/ Now that I think about it, has anyone tested if it's one per week PER CHARACTER or one per week PER ACCOUNT?

Even worse, you get a RANDOM chapter from using the binding. So with perfect RNG, you can get all 14 chapters in 14 weeks. (Its better if you can get bindings per character, but even then, its not like you can get 140 fragments and call it a day.)

Anyone really feel that lucky?
    Edited by VaranisArano on July 10, 2018 2:10AM
  • efster
    efster
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    This is just monumentally stupid.

Make fragments drop in normal, 1 for every extra miniboss, and make full chapters drop in vet, with 1 extra chapter drop chance for every extra miniboss.

Normal:
    +0 1 fragment
    +1 2 fragments
    +2 3 fragments
    +3 4 fragments

Vet:
    +0 1 random chapter
    +1 1 random chapter + 25% chance for a second
    +2 1 random chapter + 50% chance for a second
    +3 2 random chapters

This would give bleeding-edge raiders a new source of income without making the motifs unobtainable by any means other than the crown store for the average player.
    AD is the best looking faction. I don't make the rules, I just enforce them.
  • sevomd69
    sevomd69
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    According to the datamine...it looks like Wekynar will be in crown crates... https://elderscrolls.net/2018/07/10/28901-tes-online-budushhee-kronnogo-magazina-obnovlenie-4-1-0/4/
    Edit: wrong link
    Edited by sevomd69 on July 10, 2018 2:30AM
  • Cage_Lizardman
    Cage_Lizardman
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    That 1 fragment is just an insult for +3 on normal. Why even bother...

That's another motif I'm never going to have, not buying it in the crown store either.
  • Soella
    Soella
    ✭✭✭✭
    I do not buy in story anything I can get in the game. And 10 +3 runs for one chapter... I have better things to do.
    Well, means I gonna wait next anniversary.
  • JaZ2091
    JaZ2091
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Aliyavana wrote: »
    Bet it will conveniently hit the crowns store at the same time

More like be released a month ahead in crown store only :smile:
  • generalmyrick
    generalmyrick
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Base Game

Welkynar Motif
    The Welkynar Motif is now available from Cloudrest Trial. This Motif is proudly worn by the gryphon-riding Welkynar themselves, and now you can earn the right to wear and craft this armor too - if you can defeat Z'Maja.
    • You can earn Welkynar Style Motif Fragments by defeating Z'Maja; more are earned by defeating her on harder difficulties, and she will not drop any Fragments unless fought on Veteran mode, or on Normal mode with all of her Welkynar Shade allies. The amount of Fragments dropped is not randomized, but is based on the configuration of the final boss fight - the harder the fight, the more Motif Fragments you'll obtain.

mldk73hqv9ky.png
    • You can earn a Welkynar Binding once a week by completing the quest "Woe of the Welkynars", a quest in Cloudrest. By activating the Welkynar Binding (which consumes 10 Welkynar Style Motif Fragments), you will create a single random Welkynar Motif chapter, or very rarely, the full Book.
    • The Welkynar Style Item, Gryphon Plumes, are earned in the same manner: by defeating Z'Maja. You earn more on harder difficulties, and as with the Motif Fragments, you will not earn any if you defeat her on Normal mode without all of her allies with him.

Now if i'm reading this correctly, you will have to do lots of farming for 10 Welkynar motif fragments (10 nCR +3, 5 vCR, one vCR +1 and one vCR +2, or one vCR +3 -good luck- and such) which you will have to use with Welkynar Binding for a random chapter, and Welkynar Binding can be acquired once a week!

What kind of grind is that? Who from ZOS in their bright mind came up with this idea? Not even talking about new BG outfit styles those come from different BG modes! This truly got out of hand, i'm at this point saying goodbye to all collectible hunts and such, which i very strictly continued so far.

Wow...hahahahaha! Not going to complain too much...but damn im sort of shut from getting these motifs. If they are not bound they'll be what...quarter million each motif?

Cmon zos...
    "The red pill and its opposite, the blue pill, are a popular cultural meme, a metaphor representing the choice between:

Knowledge, freedom, uncertainty and the brutal truths of reality (red pill)
    Security, happiness, beauty, and the blissful ignorance of illusion (blue pill)"

Insight to Agree to Awesome Ratio = 1:6.04:2.76 as of 1/25/2019

Compared to people that I've ignored = I am 18% more insightful, 20% less agreeable, and 88% more awesome.
  • commdt
    commdt
    ✭✭✭✭
    Thank you ZoS, now well do some money on Zmaja farm :)
    Rawr
  • Cpt_Teemo
    Cpt_Teemo
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Linaleah wrote: »
    don't be so difficult, there is no fun in having your motif complete is 1 week.

don't be so difficult, there is no fun for most players to either do at least 140 trial runs (at a minimum), or just spend gold (no fun in that either). Having the chapters drop once per week is fine, having them drop once per 10 runs is just way too much.

so basically zos looked at how awful upgrading jewelry is and how unhappy players are and instead of improvements to that decided... why don't we apply the same strategy to a new motif acquisition!

sigh.

Not only upgrading jewelery but the horrible horrible drops of temper grains from regular writs
  • wenchmore420b14_ESO
    wenchmore420b14_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    ZOS_GinaBruno wrote: »
    Base Game

Welkynar Motif
    The Welkynar Motif is now available from Cloudrest Trial. This Motif is proudly worn by the gryphon-riding Welkynar themselves, and now you can earn the right to wear and craft this armor too - if you can defeat Z'Maja.
    You can earn Welkynar Style Motif Fragments by defeating Z'Maja; more are earned by defeating her on harder difficulties, and she will not drop any Fragments unless fought on Veteran mode, or on Normal mode with all of her Welkynar Shade allies. The amount of Fragments dropped is not randomized, but is based on the configuration of the final boss fight - the harder the fight, the more Motif Fragments you'll obtain.

mldk73hqv9ky.png
    You can earn a Welkynar Binding once a week by completing the quest "Woe of the Welkynars", a quest in Cloudrest. By activating the Welkynar Binding (which consumes 10 Welkynar Style Motif Fragments), you will create a single random Welkynar Motif chapter, or very rarely, the full Book.
    The Welkynar Style Item, Gryphon Plumes, are earned in the same manner: by defeating Z'Maja. You earn more on harder difficulties, and as with the Motif Fragments, you will not earn any if you defeat her on Normal mode without all of her allies with him.
    2zibmmq.jpg
    Drakon Koryn~Oryndill, Rogue~Mage,- CP ~Doesn't matter any more
    NA / PC Beta Member since Nov 2013
    GM~Conclave-of-Shadows, EP Social Guild, ~Proud member of: The Wandering Merchants, Phoenix Rising, Imperial Trade Union & Celestials of Nirn
    Sister Guilds with: Coroner's Report, Children of Skyrim, Sunshine Daydream, Tamriel Fisheries, Knights Arcanum and more
    "Not All Who Wander are Lost"
    #MOREHOUSINGSLOTS
    “When the people that can make the company more successful are sales and marketing people, they end up running the companies. The product people get driven out of the decision making forums, and the companies forget what it means to make great products.”

_Steve Jobs (The Lost Interview)
  • FinneganFroth
    FinneganFroth
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    jesus christ people, you seriously complain about the most pointless things. If you want to be a completionist, sometimes you either have to EARN it or BUY it. ZOS is based in a capitalist country. I'm sure someone's boss is breathing down their neck saying "How can you earn us more money?". It's a god damned motif, and doesn't affect any way you play the game other than cosmetics...get over it.
    Edited by FinneganFroth on July 10, 2018 6:12AM
  • FinneganFroth
    FinneganFroth
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Base Game

Welkynar Motif
    • You can earn Welkynar Style Motif Fragments by defeating Z'Maja; more are earned by defeating her on harder difficulties, and she will not drop any Fragments unless fought on Veteran mode, or on Normal mode with all of her Welkynar Shade allies. The amount of Fragments dropped is not randomized, but is based on the configuration of the final boss fight - the harder the fight, the more Motif Fragments you'll obtain.

mldk73hqv9ky.png
    • You can earn a Welkynar Binding once a week by completing the quest "Woe of the Welkynars", a quest in Cloudrest. By activating the Welkynar Binding (which consumes 10 Welkynar Style Motif Fragments), you will create a single random Welkynar Motif chapter, or very rarely, the full Book.
    • The Welkynar Style Item, Gryphon Plumes, are earned in the same manner: by defeating Z'Maja. You earn more on harder difficulties, and as with the Motif Fragments, you will not earn any if you defeat her on Normal mode without all of her allies with him.

Now if i'm reading this correctly, you will have to do lots of farming for 10 Welkynar motif fragments (10 nCR +3, 5 vCR, one vCR +1 and one vCR +2, or one vCR +3 -good luck- and such) which you will have to use with Welkynar Binding for a random chapter, and Welkynar Binding can be acquired once a week!

What kind of grind is that? Who from ZOS in their bright mind came up with this idea? Not even talking about new BG outfit styles those come from different BG modes! This truly got out of hand, i'm at this point saying goodbye to all collectible hunts and such, which i very strictly continued so far.

Wow...hahahahaha! Not going to complain too much...but damn im sort of shut from getting these motifs. If they are not bound they'll be what...quarter million each motif?

Cmon zos...

Quarter mill sounds good, about time something costs gold again.
  • Cage_Lizardman
    Cage_Lizardman
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    jesus christ people, you seriously complain about the most pointless things. If you want to be a completionist, sometimes you either have to EARN it or BUY it. ZOS is based in a capitalist country. I'm sure someone's boss is breathing down their neck saying "How can you earn us more money?". It's a god damned motif, and doesn't affect any way you play the game other than cosmetics...get over it.

I'm already paying for the game thanks. I want content I can actually do, not more things to buy.
  • FinneganFroth
    FinneganFroth
    ✭✭✭✭✭

I'm already paying for the game thanks. I want content I can actually do, not more things to buy.

"Do". I'm sure there is plenty of content you can't "do". Like vet DLC trials, yet you haven't complained enough to get that dumbed down yet. It's a costume at best, what the hell
  • FinneganFroth
    FinneganFroth
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    This is honestly the reason this game is breaking down. If something isn't instantly obtainable or easily obtainable, people just flip out and complain until ZOS caves. Obviously there is always the Crown Store option, but I'm ignoring that because people can pay all they want if they feel they need extra stuff. It's a grind, it's an mmporg, you should have to earn things...
  • DanteYoda
    DanteYoda
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Koolio wrote: »
    As a PvPer I will never farm them.

Not looking forward to paying 1 mill gold per page

As a Pver i will never farm them... There are no carrots in the world that would make me jump through those hoops..
  • Runs
    Runs
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    @ZOS_GinaBruno

Why not have odds of getting 1 full motif page set as...
    kFh4yKX.png

And have the Welkynar Binding from the weekly quest changed to a Welkynar Token. Which x amount of could buy you a page so that if the RNG odds from above aren't in your favor you could still get them eventually.
    Runs| Orc NightbladeChim-el Adabal| Dunmer TemplarM'air the Honest| Khajiit Templar
    Oddity| Altmer SorcerorDrizlo| Orc DragonKnightLady Ra Gada| Redguard Sorceror
    Taste-of-Hist-Sap| Argonian NightbladeWar'den Peace| Khajiit WardenLittle Warden Annie Altmer Warden
    Ports with Blood| Breton TemplarDirty-Old-Man| Dunmer DragonKnightEyes-of-the-Sun| Argonian DragonKnight
    Bleak Mystique| Nord WardenPolychronopolous| Imperial SorcerorBullcrit| Khajiit Nightblade
    PC NA CP 1250+ and still a noob
    At Writs End - A place to complete master writs
  • Cage_Lizardman
    Cage_Lizardman
    ✭✭✭✭✭

"Do". I'm sure there is plenty of content you can't "do". Like vet DLC trials, yet you haven't complained enough to get that dumbed down yet. It's a costume at best, what the hell

True, the skins/motifs I don't care about that much. It's the perfect staffs in vAS and perfect sets in Cloudrest that would actually be useful. I should be complaining about those more.
  • Leandor
    Leandor
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    It really seems like they want to make sure that every part of the game is a useless, boring, biased and badly designed cockup.
  • FinneganFroth
    FinneganFroth
    ✭✭✭✭✭

True, the skins/motifs I don't care about that much. It's the perfect staffs in vAS and perfect sets in Cloudrest that would actually be useful. I should be complaining about those more.

There ya go. That's a more tangible "do". I still don't agree with it being easier to gain, but I agree with the logic behind the statement :P
  • weedgenius
    weedgenius
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    It's a god damned motif, and doesn't affect any way you play the game other than cosmetics...get over it.

News flash: not everyone plays the game the same way. For some people, collecting motifs/dyes/furnishings IS the game.

PS4 NA
    Better Homes & Gardens
  • DanteYoda
    DanteYoda
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    No need for the game anymore just have the crown store...
  • FinneganFroth
    FinneganFroth
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    weedgenius wrote: »
    It's a god damned motif, and doesn't affect any way you play the game other than cosmetics...get over it.

News flash: not everyone plays the game the same way. For some people, collecting motifs/dyes/furnishings IS the game.

And I totally understand that. News flash: a lot of people try and complete vet HM DLC trials. Should they sell those opportunities or make those 100 times easier to achieve? Why is it that you need to have the gameplay of your choosing so easy to finish? This is how games work, some things are easy (i.e., MOST motifs now thanks to the anniversary event [don't get me started on how that ruined the market]), while other things should be hard (i.e., what we are discussing now).

I completely understand being a completionist. Ask anyone in my guild and they will tell you that I'm obsessed with it. What you are all suggesting is the equivalent of saying, "Well, we all want master angler so you should just give it to us if we fish Cyrodiil and Imperial City".
  • themaddaedra
    themaddaedra
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Really, Sherlock? Do i not know how to EARN or BUY a motif? Is this the reason for me knowing all of the existing motifs in game atm?

Did i make 29k+ achievement points just by sitting here complaining in forums? Are you teaching me how to earn things?

This grind is strictly stupid. I wouldn't even mind if they bound it on vCR, or harder versions of it because that would really look like rewarding endgame content.

And i'm not the one who's gonna have hard times getting it. I got millions of gold, and i'm regularly doing vCR +1, going soon for +2.

Just stop playing Sherlock.
    PC|EU
  • FinneganFroth
    FinneganFroth
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Really, Sherlock? Do i not know how to EARN or BUY a motif? Is this the reason for me knowing all of the existing motifs in game atm?

Did i make 29k+ achievement points just by sitting here complaining in forums? Are you teaching me how to earn things?

This grind is strictly stupid. I wouldn't even mind if they bound it on vCR, or harder versions of it because that would really look like rewarding endgame content.

And i'm not the one who's gonna have hard times getting it. I got millions of gold, and i'm regularly doing vCR +1, going soon for +2.

Just stop playing Sherlock.

My bad Watson.
  • DeadlyPhoenix
    DeadlyPhoenix
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Looks like I will officially no longer give af about collecting motifs.

Way to turn a terrible grind into an even worse one.