Maintenance for the week of October 21:
• [COMPLETE] ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – October 21, 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC) - 6:00PM EDT (22:00 UTC)

Are there enough Classes in ESO? Which class do you think is missing in ESO?

• Revokus
    Revokus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Shraar wrote: »
    I think at the start screen we have two sets of armor and two wearers.

Templar/?DragonKnight are both wearing metals.

The NightBlade00.0/Warden are both wearing leather strapping.

And finally the Sorceror is alone, but wears silk and cloth for herself.

If we had a Bard or Necromancer they could give company.

Sad part is light armor archetype will mostly be dead at least in pvp for sorcerers this coming patch :D Good luck surviving against stamina players with 40% of hp damage shields.. :s
    Playing since January 23, 2016
  • eso_lags
    eso_lags
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    reguvin wrote: »
    Something that excites all of us is new Classes. I wish we would get more of them in Updates. Really waiting for it.

The necromancer from GW2. Copy and paste it, ill be happy.

Id also like to see a ranger of some sort. They tried to do it with the warden, and if thats their vision of a ranger then fine, but there are so many more things they could have done to make it a nature class that actually relied on its pets. Again, look at the ranger from GW2, spot on.
  • reguvin
    reguvin
    ✭✭✭✭
    itzTJ wrote: »
    Something that excites all of us is new Classes. I wish we would get more of them in Updates. Really waiting for it.

The necromancer from GW2. Copy and paste it, ill be happy.

Id also like to see a ranger of some sort. They tried to do it with the warden, and if thats their vision of a ranger then fine, but there are so many more things they could have done to make it a nature class that actually relied on its pets. Again, look at the ranger from GW2, spot on.

I personally like Ranged DPS most as thats what I have been playing in every MMO. It definitely could use Ranger or Necromancer classes.
    - Beta Tester
    - PC (2014-2015)
    - Playstation 4 (Since 2015)

- Known for Trading & Guilds
  • BigBadVolk
    BigBadVolk
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I think they wont make a Necromancer, but will go with an edgy Deathbringer or smth similar and one its skill lines will be Necromancy
    Edited by BigBadVolk on September 27, 2018 9:25PM
    "The ass is similar to the opinion: Everyone has it, but no one cares about the others!"
    I'm 120 years old
  • Dreyloch
    Dreyloch
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    As others have said, bard and necro. But I'd also add Monk, or some sort of martial arts type. Using Bo-staves, Sai's, throwing stars for ranged. Lots of possibilites there.
    "The fear of Death, is often worse than death itself"
  • jaekobcaed
    jaekobcaed
    ✭✭✭
    I'm satisfied but I still think there should be more, as I'm always interested in having new ways to play the game. Five classes is really minimal for any MMO. Then again, I've only created three characters so far in the three years I've been playing (Templar, Dragonknight and Sorcerer) and haven't even tried Warden yet, but I do plan to try every class. As for a class I'd be interested in, I am honestly not quite sure. Maybe a Crusader class? Similar to Templar but works best with melee?
    Edited by jaekobcaed on September 27, 2018 9:56PM
    Isachar Daerenfel of Alinor, Psijic Sage, Master Wizard of the Mage's Guild and heir to the Daerenfel Trading Co.
    TES megafan since Morrowind
    [PC/NA]
  • ruikkarikun
    ruikkarikun
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Mage/Elementalist is missing

Current Sorcerer have some elctric skills only. Fire/Frost skills are missing.
    Edited by ruikkarikun on September 27, 2018 10:00PM
  • max_only
    max_only
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Mage/Elementalist is missing

Current Sorcerer have some elctric skills only. Fire/Frost skills are missing.

Magicka Dragonknights are essentially Fire Mages (not all Dks are heavy armor tanks)

Magicka Wardens are essentially Frost Mages (they need a lot of work to be a real cyromancer though)

Magicka Nightblades are essentially blood Mages. (There was a point where they were just copy cat Sorcerers with red visuals)
    #FiteForYourRite Bosmer = Stealth
    #OppositeResourceSiphoningAttacks
    || CP 1000+ || PC/NA || GUILDS: LWH; IA; CH; XA
    ""All gods' creatures (you lot) are equal when covered in A1 sauce"" -- Old Bosmeri Wisdom
  • Reverb
    Reverb
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Monk
    Battle not with monsters, lest ye become a monster, and if you gaze into the abyss, the abyss gazes also into you. ~Friedrich Nietzsche
  • max_only
    max_only
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    max_only wrote: »
    A stamina class.

Whoa just got a notification on this thread! Not technically a necro. Ah my old answer was in regards to not enough skills have stamina morphs and I couldn’t see the reason for medium armor in my game.

Things sure do change. Stamina Warden (or in my case health warden Tank with stamina enchanted medium armor when solo) is a great class.

Could always do with more stamina morphs imho
    #FiteForYourRite Bosmer = Stealth
    #OppositeResourceSiphoningAttacks
    || CP 1000+ || PC/NA || GUILDS: LWH; IA; CH; XA
    ""All gods' creatures (you lot) are equal when covered in A1 sauce"" -- Old Bosmeri Wisdom
  • MaxJrFTW
    MaxJrFTW
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    I hope Necromancer and Bard happen eventually.
    "I don't know you, and I don't care to know you."
    ―Ulrich Leland, 3E 433
  • Intextio
    Intextio
    ✭✭✭
    Necromancer and Bard.

Conjurer would be great too. Imagine spawning atronachs to melt your enemies!
  • dodgehopper_ESO
    dodgehopper_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    I'd rather robust skill lines available to all than classes.
    US/AD - Dodge Hopper - Vet Imperial Templar | US/AD - Goj-ei-Raj - Vet Argonian Nightblade
    US/AD - Arondonimo - Vet Altmer Sorcerer | US/AD - Azumarax - Vet Dunmer Dragon Knight
    US/AD - Barkan al-Sheharesh - Vet Redguard Dragon Knight | US/AD - Aelus Vortavoriil - Vet Altmer Templar
    US/AD - Shirari Qa'Dar - Vet Khajiit Nightblade | US/AD - Ndvari Mzunchvolenthumz - Vet Bosmer Nightblade
    US/EP - Yngmar - Vet Nord Dragon Knight | US/EP - Reloth Ur Fyr - Vet Dunmer Sorcerer
    US/DC - Muiredeach - Vet Breton Sorcerer | US/DC - Nachtrabe - Vet Orc Nightblade
    EU/DC - Dragol gro-Unglak - Vet Orc Dragon Knight | EU/DC - Targan al-Barkan - Vet Redguard Templar
    EU/DC - Wuthmir - Vet Nord Sorcerer | EU/DC - Kosh Ragotoro - Vet Khajiit Nightblade
    <And plenty more>
  • JinMori
    JinMori
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Breedj01 wrote: »
    Bard.

I never got this, wtf is a bard supposed to do?? Sing people to death?

Wtf is with this bard class? I guess it could make sense as a support class, but anything else, not really.
    Edited by JinMori on September 28, 2018 12:48AM
  • dodgehopper_ESO
    dodgehopper_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Something that excites all of us is new Classes...
    Wrong.
    Not all.
    Some are worried by the idea of new classes... some like me.

Now, if you were talking about more character diversity, sure, I'd be on board. But new classes are a sore point for me, and probably quite a few other old hands... for reasons often stated, for one, people who have been here a while and already played a bunch of characters through all the same content kinda feel vexed at the thought of having to do it all over again another couplöe times to enjoy a new class, and even moreso for anothjer... it is -highly- aggrivating to see a new class and think something like "Why the [-censored-] was that [-censored-] class not [-censored-] available back in summer 2014, it would have made soooo much more [-censored-] sense for that backstory of this main/alt of mine..."
    And vexing people generally is not a good idea if you want them to enjoy the game and have a good time (and drop some money into the crown store).

This I always dream of mechanics that allow us to "refit" new class options to ALL characters, no matter if newly made or played since launch, like: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/369966/class-morph-idea-mk-ii ;)
    I wish hybrid builds were more viable...
    Agreed. But I doubt a class could help much there... what would be needed is a return to attribute softcaps, so that the question of "All into one stat or mix it up" actually becomes a viable choice either way. Right now, anyone sho doesn't drop everything to get their "damage" stat as high as possible is gonna get laughed at by all the self-proclaimed META players...
    Bard.
    That... sounds more like a guild skill line to me! Like: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/387560/additional-guild-ideas-mk-ii ;)
    (But one they totally ought to do someday!)

Templar changed on me I didn't change on Templar. Because of that I really wish I could turn my Templar into a DK (or Warden). I think those classes fit the theme I was going with originally much better.
    US/AD - Dodge Hopper - Vet Imperial Templar | US/AD - Goj-ei-Raj - Vet Argonian Nightblade
    US/AD - Arondonimo - Vet Altmer Sorcerer | US/AD - Azumarax - Vet Dunmer Dragon Knight
    US/AD - Barkan al-Sheharesh - Vet Redguard Dragon Knight | US/AD - Aelus Vortavoriil - Vet Altmer Templar
    US/AD - Shirari Qa'Dar - Vet Khajiit Nightblade | US/AD - Ndvari Mzunchvolenthumz - Vet Bosmer Nightblade
    US/EP - Yngmar - Vet Nord Dragon Knight | US/EP - Reloth Ur Fyr - Vet Dunmer Sorcerer
    US/DC - Muiredeach - Vet Breton Sorcerer | US/DC - Nachtrabe - Vet Orc Nightblade
    EU/DC - Dragol gro-Unglak - Vet Orc Dragon Knight | EU/DC - Targan al-Barkan - Vet Redguard Templar
    EU/DC - Wuthmir - Vet Nord Sorcerer | EU/DC - Kosh Ragotoro - Vet Khajiit Nightblade
    <And plenty more>
  • Arciris
    Arciris
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Missing class in ESO: Sorcerer :trollface:
  • Skullstachio
    Skullstachio
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Necromancers for sure, Who wouldn't want to have an Undead skeleton army. (Because I sure would want a skeleton army to smite the other "Bad" Necromancers that slander and sully the very name.)
    If you see me anywhere. Know that I am sitting back with a bag of popcorn, watching as ESO burns the goodwill of its player base with practices that only disrespects the players time like it did to me and many others...

If a game does not respect your time, best thing to do is move on from it and find something else.
  • Zardayne
    Zardayne
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    They could do the necromancer the way it was done in DAOC.

Basically, you become your "pet" and cast through the pet and control the pet. The necromancer itself is invisible and unattackable and becomes revealed when the "pet" dies. They are also nearly useless without their pet up.

Solves the whole pet's have bad pathing issue.

This dev team doesn't have the skill to pull off a Daoc necro man. If they can't make a gimped mag warden and his bear work fluidly after a year and a half since their release, there is no way I see them pulling off a feat like that. Plus if you think these folks cry about shielding in game now can you imagine the Daoc necro that was untouchable until that pet died. Then give him harness..omg
  • TheShadowScout
    TheShadowScout
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Wrong.
    Not all.

Now, if you were talking about more character diversity, sure, I'd be on board. But new classes are a sore point for me, and probably quite a few other old hands... for reasons often stated, for one, people who have been here a while and already played a bunch of characters through all the same content kinda feel vexed at the thought of having to do it all over again another couplöe times to enjoy a new class, and even moreso for anothjer... it is -highly- aggrivating to see a new class and think something like "Why the [-censored-] was that [-censored-] class not [-censored-] available back in summer 2014, it would have made soooo much more [-censored-] sense for that backstory of this main/alt of mine..."
    And vexing people generally is not a good idea if you want them to enjoy the game and have a good time (and drop some money into the crown store).

This I always dream of mechanics that allow us to "refit" new class options to ALL characters, no matter if newly made or played since launch, like: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/369966/class-morph-idea-mk-ii ;)
    Agreed. But I doubt a class could help much there... what would be needed is a return to attribute softcaps, so that the question of "All into one stat or mix it up" actually becomes a viable choice either way. Right now, anyone sho doesn't drop everything to get their "damage" stat as high as possible is gonna get laughed at by all the self-proclaimed META players...
    Bard.
    That... sounds more like a guild skill line to me! Like: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/387560/additional-guild-ideas-mk-ii ;)

Templar changed on me I didn't change on Templar. Because of that I really wish I could turn my Templar into a DK (or Warden). I think those classes fit the theme I was going with originally much better.
    ...and sadly enough, the powers that be at ZOS are on record stating they do not intend to ever add class change tokens. So, unless they change their minds about this... well, S.O.L., right?

Of course, -IF- they ever changed their minds, things might be different, people could refit classyness. But I would not hold my breath, and thus keep suggesting alternatives that might work with the system as it is... and I always keep hoping that people might pick up that idea of mine, and add more thn the three flavors per class I had anvisioned. Four flavors per class, five flavors per class, the more choice, the more fun! ;)
  • dodgehopper_ESO
    dodgehopper_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Wrong.
    Not all.

Bard.

...and sadly enough, the powers that be at ZOS are on record stating they do not intend to ever add class change tokens. So, unless they change their minds about this... well, S.O.L., right?

Of course, -IF- they ever changed their minds, things might be different, people could refit classyness. But I would not hold my breath, and thus keep suggesting alternatives that might work with the system as it is... and I always keep hoping that people might pick up that idea of mine, and add more thn the three flavors per class I had anvisioned. Four flavors per class, five flavors per class, the more choice, the more fun! ;)

I'm in agreement with you @TheShadowScout and your suggested option is a good one.
    <And plenty more>
  • Finviuswe
    Finviuswe
    ✭✭✭✭
    Nah there's not enough classes. This game has a rather low number of classes compared to other MMOs.

3 right off the top of my head that can be added today:
    • Necormancer
    • Monk
    • Bard

I mean, how great would that really be. Necromancer would be great. This needs to happen.
  • greylox
    greylox
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Classes shouldn't be a thing, class skill lines should be available to all like weapon lines.
    PC EU

House of the Black Lotus
    *{Smokes-in-the-Shade }* (Mag pet Sorc Argonian, prolific thief, willing participant of the dark arts, gardener of exotic...herbs)
    {Lugdum The Mechanist} (Hybrid Orc Templar, collector of ancient Ayleid smoking pipes)
    {Rantoul} (Dark Elf Magknight, likes an ale between boss fights, has been known to offer daedric princes out in a fist fight)
    {Red, The Wanderer} (Bosmer stam sorc and hunter extraordinaire)
    {Shoots-For-Stars} (Argonian Mag pet Sorc Ice mage Healer)
    *{Jinny the spark }* (Sassy Imperial Stamplar)
    {Crezzi the Drifter} (Magblade khajiit burglar, available for questionable operations)
    {Grif the Despised} (StamKnight Tank Nord, Eastmarch Master Drinker and spinner of tall yarns)
    {Geraldine Stone-Heart} (High Elf MagSorc Ice Tank, Mystic, practitioner of the ancient arts)
    *{Anawinn}* (Stam pet Ward Redguard, Mother to a bear and an unruly Hunger,Librarian, field medic and natures fist)

{*}Mains
    { CP 900+ }

Caretaker of Battle Island (Grand Topal), the holiday destination for the discerning warrior
    Residing in Stay-Moist Mansion-Shadowfen - The Smoking Den (as of 6th feb 2017)

• Darkenarlol
    Darkenarlol
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    - Neck Romancer =) make it a crappy class with useless pets bad in all roles - just bring it and take my money =D

- battle mage - melee-oriented class with solid defence abilities and enchanted weapons (or weapon+spell skilline)
  • Gargath
    Gargath
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Any class that will use spears.
    If they make a new class without spears that would be a bad will. I already wonder why they did the psijic skills, and not the spears. Who cares for time travels when you can wield a sharpened stick :).
    PC EU (PL): 14 characters. ESO player since 06.08.2015. Farkas finest quote: "Some people don't think I'm smart. Those people get my fist. But you, I like."
  • TheShadowScout
    TheShadowScout
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Gargath wrote: »
    Any class that will use spears.
    If they make a new class without spears that would be a bad will. I already wonder why they did the psijic skills, and not the spears. Who cares for time travels when you can wield a sharpened stick :).
    ...and that would -still- be a weapon skill that any class can pick up. Which they totally should make, agreed: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/371862/additional-weapon-skill-ideas-mk-ii ;)
  • Jeremy
    Jeremy
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Instead of a specific new class I wish they would rework the game to accommodate 5 member groups with the addition of the support class.

This game would benefit greatly from that I believe.
  • Aelorin
    Aelorin
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I have to agree with the above posters: Although a necromancer class would be fun, it really does not fit the current storyline, so for me it is a no.

There are enough other classes they can come up with that will add more flavor: Monk, Bard, Spellsword, Witchhunters, Atromancer,...

And I really wish they will add another class.

I also agree that it should be more fun if somehow hybrid builds could become viable.

And so the Elder Scrolls foretold.You will be shy, and I will be bold.
  • Zodiac_
    Zodiac_
    ✭✭✭
    Magicka warden viable for dps role and pvp...wait...thats already in the game...
  • keevil111
    keevil111
    ✭✭✭✭
    A zombie class! Like an undead with holes in his body and skelly showing through in places.

Could have disease skill line or a rotting skill line! Ultimates could be like "Black Plague" an incurable flesh eating disease that ticks 7500 damage per 15 seconds and can only be cleansed off! So with no cleanse the person would have to constantly heal or eventually die. LOL Kinda like a neverending dot.

Things like "Blight" for ground AOEs. Curses or zombie hands flying out of the ground and grabbing enemies.

"Putrid Stench" could be like a AOE poison resist buff for the group.

You could puke on people and fling parts of your own slippery flesh at them!

PS4 NA
  • mb10
    mb10
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    We DONT need another pet class.

Why people want necromancer is so beyond me