Maintenance for the week of October 21:
• [COMPLETE] ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – October 21, 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC) - 6:00PM EDT (22:00 UTC)

Are there enough Classes in ESO? Which class do you think is missing in ESO?

• Eedat
    Eedat
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    SilverWF wrote: »
    More than enough, I even think they need to remove Warden - coz it's absolutely stupid class

Why? Warden is pretty awful
  • ezio45
    ezio45
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Do we need more classes, maybe. Should they add anything and i mean LITERALLY ANYTHING until they can fix whats already broken in this game, No.

Every time they fix one thing they add 5 more things that are poorly design or bugged or an atrocity to game balance

They cant even fix something like rune cage or sloads when you have hundreds of threads pointing out the exact problems with it
    Edited by ezio45 on July 11, 2018 1:00AM
  • SydneyGrey
    SydneyGrey
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    _Ahala_ wrote: »
    Magicka Warden is missing from eso... where is the ice magic zos?
    The forums when wardens were first announced: "Yay, we can finally have viable ice mages!!!!"
    The forums after wardens came out: *Raging* "WE STILL CAN'T HAVE VIABLE ICE MAGES!!!!!!" *Throws bricks through ZOS's windows.*

• Rastoric
    Rastoric
    ✭✭✭
    A real pet class to take all Sorc Pet spells. Replacing them with nothing would be fine or giving us actual Daedric spells or void/darkness line.
    Just Say No! to changing Sorcerer Magicka skills to Stamina.
  • Memnock
    Memnock
    ✭✭✭
    Please NO MORE CLASSES. They finally went into the right direction with skill lines that can be obtained by everyone.

TES games didnt really have classes that locked you out of certain skills or spells like ESO does , you could eventually get everything on one character , so if you want something added to the game , ask for it as a skill line that the Psigic one.

IF you want a class based MMO , there are plenty out there , just please don't try to make ESO into one of those.
  • Mgghool
    Mgghool
    ✭✭✭
    We have too many classes - I wish there would be no classes at all. That is the thing I love about TES series as I have never used any predefined class in TES games. They might have some fancy names, but they were generally just lame.
  • Revokus
    Revokus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Memnock wrote: »
    Please NO MORE CLASSES. They finally went into the right direction with skill lines that can be obtained by everyone.

TES games didnt really have classes that locked you out of certain skills or spells like ESO does , you could eventually get everything on one character , so if you want something added to the game , ask for it as a skill line that the Psigic one.

IF you want a class based MMO , there are plenty out there , just please don't try to make ESO into one of those.

ESO is one of those games buddy. If you don’t want classes go play skyrim. Psijic order is useless on many classes because or the limit to 5 abilities per bar. So I’ll take a new class over that any day.
    Edited by Revokus on July 11, 2018 1:17PM
    Playing since January 23, 2016
  • Chronocidal
    Chronocidal
    ✭✭✭
    the problem with saying "no new classes until they fix the existing problems" is simple and obvious...

the existing problems havnt been fixed for a while because they are possibly more complicated to resolve then people think

(ie: would require an almost total rebuild of the games core framework)

and asking a game company to not add new things from which they can benefit monetarily due to cash shop purchases and new subscriptions but rather spend large amounts of money to keep existing players happy even if they currently arnt actively adding to the coffers ... well, we can all see which arguement would sway the bean counters cant we?

the preferred solution is always going to be to add things to the game not take things away
    Edited by Chronocidal on July 12, 2018 10:47AM
  • rexagamemnon
    rexagamemnon
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yes necromancer is obviously needed, but more classes are needed as well. The trick is coming up with new ideas for new classes.

• rexagamemnon
    rexagamemnon
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Necromancer and Bard.

What would a bard do? What is the specializations that he performs? Is he multi-role or singular role
  • mocap
    mocap
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    What would a bard do? What is the specializations that he performs? Is he multi-role or singular role
    Singing songs?

"The lord's command and we obey. Over the sea's and far away...."
    +50% chance that some of group members start crying because of epicness of this song.
  • ZarkingFrued
    ZarkingFrued
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    No to Necro. Tired of pet carried players as is.
  • Jimmy
    Jimmy
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I am on the Necro class train as well. Would love to see this. Lag MIGHT be a problem though. I remember the Necromancer class in Diablo 2 created lots of lag with all the reanimated skeletons. But, knowing ZOS, they would limit reanimations greatly. Probably to the point that a Necro class won't even be worth it.

Imagine the undead armies in Cryodiil if we had a reanimating Necro class..... :O!!!!
    PC NA
    @SkruDe
  • Jamdarius
    Jamdarius
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    SydneyGrey wrote: »
    _Ahala_ wrote: »
    Magicka Warden is missing from eso... where is the ice magic zos?
    The forums when wardens were first announced: "Yay, we can finally have viable ice mages!!!!"
    The forums after wardens came out: *Raging* "WE STILL CAN'T HAVE VIABLE ICE MAGES!!!!!!" *Throws bricks through ZOS's windows.*

Well I made Ice Mage Warden once, it was not the top DPS but had a lot fun with it, 5 Winterborn + 5 Ysgramor + asylum ice staff (it was before summerset so staves gave 1 piece of set, remember not to get all staff passives), it was real bs how often winterborn pops cause it got no C/D but like i said it is not best, force shock and its morphs would be your spammable skills and you are a DoT master, highest DPS I had on trash mobs in vet CoA I was over 100k DPS! but it depends on luck how often pops winterborn and how stacked mobs are - keep that in mind, highest on boss fight was 29-32k DPS but mostly around 22-24k.
    Edited by Jamdarius on July 12, 2018 1:45PM
  • reguvin
    reguvin
    ✭✭✭✭
    The Game needs Necro or new Casters.

The Warden class was ok but not the best ive seen.
    - Beta Tester
    - PC (2014-2015)
    - Playstation 4 (Since 2015)

- Known for Trading & Guilds
  • rfennell_ESO
    rfennell_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    They could do the necromancer the way it was done in DAOC.

Basically, you become your "pet" and cast through the pet and control the pet. The necromancer itself is invisible and unattackable and becomes revealed when the "pet" dies. They are also nearly useless without their pet up.

Solves the whole pet's have bad pathing issue.
  • Shraar
    Shraar
    ✭✭✭
    I think at the start screen we have two sets of armor and two wearers.

Templar/?DragonKnight are both wearing metals.

The NightBlade00.0/Warden are both wearing leather strapping.

And finally the Sorceror is alone, but wears silk and cloth for herself.

If we had a Bard or Necromancer they could give company.
  • reguvin
    reguvin
    ✭✭✭✭
    Shraar wrote: »
    I think at the start screen we have two sets of armor and two wearers.

Templar/?DragonKnight are both wearing metals.

The NightBlade00.0/Warden are both wearing leather strapping.

And finally the Sorceror is alone, but wears silk and cloth for herself.

If we had a Bard or Necromancer they could give company.

Well spotted. I agree with this 100%
    - Beta Tester
    - PC (2014-2015)

• SHADOW2KK
    SHADOW2KK
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    ZoS cannot even handle what we already have, and people want more?, are you mad? :p
    Once I was a lamb, playing in a green field. Then the wolves came. Now I am an eagle and I fly in a different universe.

Been taking heads since TeS 3 Morrowind..

Been enjoying PvP tears since 2014

LvL 50 - Dragon Knight EP [PC-EU] = Illuvutar = Ex The Wabbajack = (Stam DK)
    LvL 50 - Night Blade DC [PC-EU] = Legendary Blades = Evil Ninja/Dueller = (StamBlade)
    LvL 50 - Sorcerer DC [PC-EU] = Daemon Lord = (Mag Sorc)
    LvL 50 - Dragon Knight DC [PC-EU] = Khal-Bladez = (Mag DK)
    LvL 50 - Dragon Knight DC [PC-EU] = Tenakha Khan = (Stam DK)
    LvL 50 - Templar DC [PC-EU]] = Blades The Disgruntled = (Stamplar)
    LvL 50 - Night Blade DC [PC-EU] = Ghost Blades = (Assassin)
    LvL 50 - Night Blade DC [PC-EU] = Malekith The Shadow = (Mag NB)
    LvL 50 - Warden DC [PC-EU] = Crimson Blades = (Stamden)

Guild Master of The Bringers Of The Storm.
    Harrods

Member Of The Old Guard
    PC Closed Betas 2013

PC Mastah Race

Anook Page anook.com/shadow2kk

Been playing since Beta and Early Access

• Prabooo
    Prabooo
    ✭✭✭✭
    Necromancer
  • Perwulf
    Perwulf
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    The current weapon types e.g. axes, maces, daggers, etc. are lackluster and failed to deliver a unique feel aside from one passive bonus so what we lack is weapon variety. Remember that We're still missing spears, crossbows, and sword & rune/magic (I don't think we need spellsword class, this new weapon can fill that missing gap.)
    "Monsters doesn't exist, we create them"
  • Osteos
    Osteos
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Similar to how the Dragonknight is based off of Akavir, I would like to see a new Tempest class based off the Moarmer. Air, serpent and water based skill lines. They could also do this with other races/ cultures.

That and a battlemage with a one handed weapon and touch spells in the other hand.
    DAGGERFALL COVENANT
    NA PC
    Former Vehemence Member
    Onistka Valerius <> Artemis Renault <> Gonk gra-Ugrash <> Karietta <> Zercon at-Rusa <> Genevieve Renault <> Ktaka <> Brenlyn Renault
  • ccfeeling
    ccfeeling
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    ZOS , if you dont wanna we run 3 dps , please release new class which provide efficiency damage support and healing , when the overall result 1 tank 2 dd 1 NEW healer is better than 1 tank 3dd , we will pick your choice .

Shield nerfing is meaningless , current healer is only using for trial :)
  • reguvin
    reguvin
    ✭✭✭✭
    ccfeeling wrote: »
    ZOS , if you dont wanna we run 3 dps , please release new class which provide efficiency damage support and healing , when the overall result 1 tank 2 dd 1 NEW healer is better than 1 tank 3dd , we will pick your choice .

Shield nerfing is meaningless , current healer is only using for trial :)

They fixed it right?
    - Beta Tester
    - PC (2014-2015)

• AdamBourke
    AdamBourke
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I hate classes. My suggestion would be to make the skill lines available to everyone, and have classes give a 15% buff to the relevant skill lines. (Actually leaving them as they are now - make the base skills weaker) This leaves them unimportant to casuals, but keeps them important for hardcore playerd
    PS4 - EU

Please put the Eyevea/EarthForge wayshrines back on the map?
  • Watchdog
    Watchdog
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I sincerely hope Necromancer is never added as a playable class or a skill line.

I find the situation bad enough even now with all the Daedric pets loitering in the city hubs without the guards as much as raising an eyebrow. Wading neck-deep in undead every time I want to visit a city, because everybody and their dog would suddenly feel the need to play a Necromancer, would make me consider quitting the game.

I used to play Age of Conan MMORPG and having the cities full of hordes of undead sprinting around to keep up with their pet masters was simply awful.

And then, as someone has pointed out, comes the question of undead pets induced lag.
    Member of Alith Legion: https://www.alithlegion.com
  • Athannos
    Athannos
    ✭✭
    Necromancer is one of the 2 classes I always enjoy most in RPGs (the other being a nature class, like Warden).

Some would say necromancers are evil and therefore we shouldn't be playing them... and yet we can play as vampires, werewolves, thieves, daedra-summoning sorcs, members of shady organizations, not to mention all the cosmetic skins and effects that make you look like a zombie already...
  • Sagz
    Sagz
    ✭✭
    Personally, I think there should be no classes, just skill lines. That way you could respec any toon to be anything and combo different skill sets, with the limited amount of spaces on your skill bar, it would make great for diversity.
  • Itacira
    Itacira
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    A pet having stam class
    PC/EU - PVE 2H stam orc petsorc (meta, what meta?) ww - terrible dps - mediocre player - fun times - free ww bites to whomever asks so don't be shy if interested
  • Rukia541
    Rukia541
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Monk, with unarmed, unarmoured and stealth/athletics/acrobatics skill trees.

It would pair very nicely with an Elsweyr chapter.

This!