Maintenance for the week of October 21:
• [COMPLETE] ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – October 21, 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC) - 6:00PM EDT (22:00 UTC)

Are there enough Classes in ESO? Which class do you think is missing in ESO?

reguvin
reguvin
✭✭✭✭
Something that excites all of us is new Classes. I wish we would get more of them in Updates. Really waiting for it.
- Beta Tester
- PC (2014-2015)
- Playstation 4 (Since 2015)

- Known for Trading & Guilds
  • DuskMarine
    DuskMarine
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    we need a necromancer class man
  • Froil
    Froil
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    The inevitable answer of Necromancer.
    "Best" healer PC/NA
  • LegendaryMage
    LegendaryMage
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I wish hybrid builds were more viable. It would have been a lot more in the spirit of TES games, rather than this crystalized magicka vs stamina stuff. I mean sure you can play a 'hybrid', but it's not nearly as effective as a purely mag/stam oriented character.
  • DuskMarine
    DuskMarine
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Froil wrote: »
    The inevitable answer of Necromancer.

its trufully the only one out of elder scrolls that were actually missing.
  • SilverWF
    SilverWF
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    More than enough, I even think they need to remove Warden - coz it's absolutely stupid class
    • PC EU. Ebonheart Pact. CP 1k+
    • YouTube: All ESO disguises (2014)
    • EU players are humans too! We want our maintenances in the least pop time (at deep night) and not lasted for several hours!
    • Animation canceR - is true PvP cancer! When you can't see which actions your opponent do - you can't react properly on them!
  • Breedj01
    Breedj01
    ✭✭✭
    Bard.
    Where are all the Oranges? Plenty of other fruits in tamriel... Where are the Oranges??
  • Aebaradath
    Aebaradath
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    The Leeroy Jenkins Class.
  • Cheetac19
    Cheetac19
    ✭✭✭
    Nightblade kinda fits this idea, but a class based on buffs and debuffs would be cool. With abilities that curse your goes and help allies. All classes have some skills like that, but a class based around it would be fun.
  • Yellow_Monolith
    Yellow_Monolith
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    More than enough classes. I'd rather Zos balance team to look at sets and skills that need buffs and nerfing atm
  • Facefister
    Facefister
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    A pure support class, your typical "Bard"-class.
    Tree1: Damage support
    Tree2: Healing support
    Tree3: Mitigation support
  • reguvin
    reguvin
    ✭✭✭✭
    Facefister wrote: »
    A pure support class, your typical "Bard"-class.
    Tree1: Damage support
    Tree2: Healing support
    Tree3: Mitigation support

Hmm yeah Bard Class and Necromancer Class would be a Good Addition to ESO.
    - Beta Tester
    - PC (2014-2015)
    - Playstation 4 (Since 2015)

- Known for Trading & Guilds
  • TheShadowScout
    TheShadowScout
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    reguvin wrote: »
    Something that excites all of us is new Classes...
    Wrong.
    Not all.
    Some are worried by the idea of new classes... some like me.

Now, if you were talking about more character diversity, sure, I'd be on board. But new classes are a sore point for me, and probably quite a few other old hands... for reasons often stated, for one, people who have been here a while and already played a bunch of characters through all the same content kinda feel vexed at the thought of having to do it all over again another couplöe times to enjoy a new class, and even moreso for anothjer... it is -highly- aggrivating to see a new class and think something like "Why the [-censored-] was that [-censored-] class not [-censored-] available back in summer 2014, it would have made soooo much more [-censored-] sense for that backstory of this main/alt of mine..."
    And vexing people generally is not a good idea if you want them to enjoy the game and have a good time (and drop some money into the crown store).

This I always dream of mechanics that allow us to "refit" new class options to ALL characters, no matter if newly made or played since launch, like: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/369966/class-morph-idea-mk-ii ;)
    I wish hybrid builds were more viable...
    Agreed. But I doubt a class could help much there... what would be needed is a return to attribute softcaps, so that the question of "All into one stat or mix it up" actually becomes a viable choice either way. Right now, anyone sho doesn't drop everything to get their "damage" stat as high as possible is gonna get laughed at by all the self-proclaimed META players...
    Breedj01 wrote: »
    Bard.
    That... sounds more like a guild skill line to me! Like: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/387560/additional-guild-ideas-mk-ii ;)
    (But one they totally ought to do someday!)
  • Arobain
    Arobain
    ✭✭✭✭
    SilverWF wrote: »
    More than enough, I even think they need to remove Warden - coz it's absolutely stupid class

found the person that never played warden
  • josiahva
    josiahva
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Hell with necromancer...just say no to crutches...err, I mean pets.

Frostcaster is what is needed...move the Winter's Embace skill line from warden to Frostcaster, add a couple more skill lines and make a viable ice-mage. Meanwhile...to replace winter's embrace on warden, give it a couple more non-combat pets, a nature-magic based class root(vines sprouting from the ground, etc) and a couple instant-cast nature-magic based damage skills.

With those changes...the classes would finally be rounded out...you would have all your elemental magicka DPS options, you would have 2 pet classes(3 if you count nightblade) And I am sure interesting things could be done with stamina morphs of frostcaster abilities(I would add one more ice-magic skill line and leave the 3rd more focused on stamina options). Necromancer really holds no interest for me...at least not as a pet class. I had enough of that garbage in Diablo II. Now, Necromancer could be interesting if they left pets out of entirely...I could see being able to build a beserker-type tank based off of life drain and regeneration, using corpses for resources similar to the templar in some ways, summoning buff totems, etc...but no, I think pets are a waste of useful skills and people use them as a crutch way too much.
  • inthecoconut
    inthecoconut
    ✭✭✭✭
    While not a class, I'd love an unarmed skill tree. I'm not really sure how it would work, considering you'd be unarmed, so they'd have to figure out a way to balance it without weapon damage or set bonuses.
  • huschdeguddzje
    huschdeguddzje
    ✭✭✭✭
    No I think we have enough classes, give us more skill lines each class has access to instead, preferably without a grind akin to the Psijic skill line
  • RaddlemanNumber7
    RaddlemanNumber7
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Monk, with unarmed, unarmoured and stealth/athletics/acrobatics skill trees.

It would pair very nicely with an Elsweyr chapter.

PC EU
  • Tryxus
    Tryxus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    SilverWF wrote: »

Comments like that are even more stupid...

A class that I would like to see is the Witchhunter >:) Which would be the ultimate form of irony if they added it instead of Necromancer
    Edited by Tryxus on July 3, 2018 5:12PM
    "We're all born under the same sky and on the same earth. Therefore, we all deserve the same amount of respect."
    Tryxus of the Undying Song - Warden - PC/EU
  • jlmurra2
    jlmurra2
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Necromancer, and Bard sound like great skill lines.

I would rather dissolve classes as they are now, and instead use a create, and name your own class system(at least a long list of name options), allowing players to choose three skill lines from all current classes.

Anyone who likes their class the way it is would not have to change anything, and this would open many more build options.
    Edited by jlmurra2 on July 3, 2018 4:57PM
  • DuskMarine
    DuskMarine
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    jlmurra2 wrote: »
    Necromancer, and Bard sound like great skill lines.

I feel dissolving classes as they are now, and instead using a create, and name your own class system, allowing players to choose three skill lines from all current classes.

Anyone who likes their class the way it is would not have to change anything, and this would open many more build options.

necromancer needs its own class or it just wont be the same. you have to have all the necromancer abilities or you cant claim to be one.
  • Enemy-of-Coldharbour
    Enemy-of-Coldharbour
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    How about a Summoner class?

Silivren (Silly) Thalionwen | Altmer Templar | Magicka | 9-Trait Master Crafter/Jeweler | Master Angler | PVE Main - Killed by U35
    Jahsul at-Sahan | Redguard Sorcerer | Stamina | Werewolf - Free Bites | PVP Main
    Derrok Gunnolf | Redguard Dragonknight | Stamina | Werewolf - Free Bites
    Liliana Littleleaf | 9-Trait Grand Master Crafter/Jeweler (non-combat)
    Amber Emberheart | Breton Dragonknight | Stamina | Master Angler
    Vlos Anon | Dunmer Nightblade | Magicka | Vampire - Free Bites
    Kalina Valos | Dunmer Warden | Magicka | Vampire - Free Bites
    Swiftpaws-Moonshadow | Khajiit Nightblade | Stamina
    Morgul Vardar | Altmer Necromancer | Magicka
    Tithin Geil | Altmer Sorceress | Magicka
    Dhryk | Imperial Dragonknight | Stamina

Guild Master - ESO Traders Union
    PC/NA - CP 2340+
  • LegacyDM
    LegacyDM
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Necromancer and monks. Necro would obviously have a summon undead skill line and a dot skill line with maybe a death healing line. A monk would have an acrobats skills line, a healing skill line, and an unarmed skill line.
    Legacy of Kain
    Vicious Carnage
    ¥ampire Lord of the South
  • Knootewoot
    Knootewoot
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    There should be no classes man.

There should be only skills. But with a cap of the amount of skills you can buy/morph. And some skill tree's should be unavailable when buying a certain tree. Like you go fighters guild, thievesguild/dark brotherhood should be disabled. Or when you choose a magic tree (with what now are the class skills of sorc/templar/NB) you can forget about choosing the skills for example of DK/Warden, of they were stamina skills)
    Of course there would be no stamina/magicka morphs in my world. And it would take a huge amount of rework and balancing would be very hard, but there would be a ton of diversity.

also instead of a HSM to put points in, i want it more in depth like the previous old school TES games like Morrowind/Daggerfall.
    ٩(͡๏̯͡๏)۶
    "I am a nightblade. Blending the disciplines of the stealthy agent and subtle wizard, I move unseen and undetected, foil locks and traps, and teleport to safety when threatened, or strike like a viper from ambush. The College of Illusion hides me and fuddles or pacifies my opponents. The College of Mysticism detects my object, reflects and dispels enemy spells, and makes good my escape. The key to a nightblade's success is avoidance, by spell or by stealth; with these skills, all things are possible."
  • mesmerizedish
    mesmerizedish
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    There are five too many classes.
  • DuskMarine
    DuskMarine
    ✭✭✭✭✭

for an elder scrolls game there arent enough classes to be honest.
  • Izanagi.Xiiib16_ESO
    Izanagi.Xiiib16_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    I think that only a group support / synergy orientated class would kind of fill the gaps. I'd rather have spell crafting though.
    @Solar_Breeze
    NA ~ Izanerys: Dracarys (Videos | Dracast Podcast)
    EU ~ Izanagi: Roleplay Circle (AOE Rats/ Zerg Squad / Banana Squad)
  • mesmerizedish
    mesmerizedish
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    DuskMarine wrote: »

Arena was the last TES game that had actual classes.
  • DuskMarine
    DuskMarine
    ✭✭✭✭✭

correction oblivion was. that one had actual classes and player custom(there were like 10 set classes i think in oblivion)
  • mesmerizedish
    mesmerizedish
    ✭✭✭✭✭

correction oblivion was. that one had actual classes and player custom(there were like 10 set classes i think in oblivion)

"Classes" from Daggerfall onward affected nothing aside from which skill advancements contributed to a level-up. The gameplay impact was negligible, thus my use of the "actual" qualifier. It wouldn't be the first time I've used a word like "actual" and just assume everyone is on the same page as I am re: what I mean, so I'm sorry for not explaining to begin with.
  • Charliff1966
    Charliff1966
    ✭✭✭
    Necromancer and Bard.