Maintenance for the week of October 21:
• [COMPLETE] ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – October 21, 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC) - 6:00PM EDT (22:00 UTC)

Are there enough Classes in ESO? Which class do you think is missing in ESO?

• DuskMarine
    DuskMarine
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    DuskMarine wrote: »
    There are five too many classes.

for an elder scrolls game there arent enough classes to be honest.

Arena was the last TES game that had actual classes.

correction oblivion was. that one had actual classes and player custom(there were like 10 set classes i think in oblivion)

"Classes" from Daggerfall onward affected nothing aside from which skill advancements contributed to a level-up. The gameplay impact was negligible, thus my use of the "actual" qualifier. It wouldn't be the first time I've used a word like "actual" and just assume everyone is on the same page as I am re: what I mean, so I'm sorry for not explaining to begin with.

but they still counted as classes. you could choose an already made class or make your own
  • max_only
    max_only
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    A stamina class.
    #FiteForYourRite Bosmer = Stealth
    #OppositeResourceSiphoningAttacks
    || CP 1000+ || PC/NA || GUILDS: LWH; IA; CH; XA
    ""All gods' creatures (you lot) are equal when covered in A1 sauce"" -- Old Bosmeri Wisdom
  • Drachenfier
    Drachenfier
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    "Classes" in this game are kind of....non-classes. If you're playing stamina, 90% of your extremely limited toolkit consists of stamina skills based on your weapon, so every single guy with a two-handed weapon is pretty much exactly the same as the next guy with a two-handed weapon, etc.

There is some variety in magicka based classes, but again, not much, due to the extremely limited toolkits available, ie, the ridiculously small hotbars. I can never play this game for more than a month or so because the "classes" are all so damn generic and boring. Using the same 5 skills over and over and over and over just gets really, really uninteresting.
  • TheShadowScout
    TheShadowScout
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Monk, with unarmed, unarmoured and stealth/athletics/acrobatics skill trees.
    Unarmed would be a weapon skill line... which they totally should do, but no class has a weapon skill line as part of its classyness, they -all- have magical-ish skills that can be more or less useful for -both- magica and stamina builds... (yeah, stamina builds are more dependent on weapon skills, magical builds can pig out on the class skills - this is as it should be.)

Unarmored would be an armor skill line... see above.

I would more see the "monk" as skill line dealing with martial artsy kinda stuff... dodge chance for melee attacks, skills that can be used -in combination- with more or less unarmed combat (I always remember some olf martial arts movie where they nicely depicted a more realistic "barehanded fighting" - as in, one big brawl the "good guys" beat up the bad guys, but the next time the bad guys came with weapons and started killing the good guys to lead up for the big finale... point I am trying to make, even the most martial artsy of martial arts monks in the real world liked to grab a spear or sword when stepping on the battlefield, because punching an guy in plate armor with your karate fist just isn't as effective as stabbing them with a sharp and pointy bit of edged metal... heck, even bruce lee liked to twirl nunchakus, which totally should be a weapon choice we could get as well, together with all other "flail" type of weapons...)
  • mesmerizedish
    mesmerizedish
    ✭✭✭✭✭

correction oblivion was. that one had actual classes and player custom(there were like 10 set classes i think in oblivion)

"Classes" from Daggerfall onward affected nothing aside from which skill advancements contributed to a level-up. The gameplay impact was negligible, thus my use of the "actual" qualifier. It wouldn't be the first time I've used a word like "actual" and just assume everyone is on the same page as I am re: what I mean, so I'm sorry for not explaining to begin with.

but they still counted as classes. you could choose an already made class or make your own

I think you're missing the point. You could play a "warrior" and still summon skeletons. Being a "warrior" didn't mean anything. Skyrim just made it official by doing away with the pretense.

Character building in ESO from the beginning should have followed a similar model. There's no reason why "sorcerers" shouldn't be able to use fire magic. Also staves are stupid.
  • Dosuul
    Dosuul
    ✭✭✭
    Bard and Witchhunter
  • DuskMarine
    DuskMarine
    ✭✭✭✭✭

I think you're missing the point. You could play a "warrior" and still summon skeletons. Being a "warrior" didn't mean anything. Skyrim just made it official by doing away with the pretense.

Character building in ESO from the beginning should have followed a similar model. There's no reason why "sorcerers" shouldn't be able to use fire magic. Also staves are stupid.

i dont think you miss the point of the arguement you made being the last game with classes was arena when in fact it was oblivion. but this game does need more classes to be able to be played. and even in skyrim you could still make your own classes.
  • Sektion67
    Sektion67
    ✭✭✭
    If they do introduce another pet class, I really hope they put some time into the way pets work and how we interact with them. The implementation of pets is so basic, with zero customization or depth.
  • rexagamemnon
    rexagamemnon
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Necromancer class is needed
    -Disease skill line
    - summoning
    - Wards/buffs
  • mesmerizedish
    mesmerizedish
    ✭✭✭✭✭

i dont think you miss the point of the arguement you made being the last game with classes was arena when in fact it was oblivion. but this game does need more classes to be able to be played. and even in skyrim you could still make your own classes.

I did not say Arena was the last game with classes. I said Arena was the last game with "actual" classes, and then proceeded to explain what I meant by that, because I acknowledge that it wasn't clear to begin with. But if you're going to insist on ignoring what I'm actually saying, then I'm done with this exchange.
  • DuskMarine
    DuskMarine
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Necromancer class is needed
    -Disease skill line
    - summoning
    - Wards/buffs

diesease
    summoning the dead
    blood magic instead of wards and buffs cause necromancy wouldnt be itself without blood magic.
  • Davor
    Davor
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I am surprised to say this, but I think Skyrim got it correct. GET RID OF ALL CLASSES. After all we don't need to be told how to eat, so we shouldn't be told how to play. We should have skill trees and we pick what we want and play how we want.

I was so worried about Skyrim but once playing it, I LOVED THE FREEDOM IT GAVE ME. You can be what ever you wanted.

So now we don't need a Necromancer class, all we need are a Necromancer skill trees and we pick which ones we want to use.
    Not my quote but I love this saying

"I would pay It for support. But since they choosed we are just numbers and not customers, i dont mind if game and zos goes to oblivion"
  • Raammzzaa
    Raammzzaa
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I liked the way they added the new psijic skill line with Summerset, and I’d like to see them continue this way moving forward. I’d like to add a new “summoner” or “necromancer” skill line to my magblade, personally.
  • DuskMarine
    DuskMarine
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Raammzzaa wrote: »
    I liked the way they added the new psijic skill line with Summerset, and I’d like to see them continue this way moving forward. I’d like to add a new “summoner” or “necromancer” skill line to my magblade, personally.

necromancer skill line would be a failure cause that you just cant dial down to a skill line you have to have a class for it to even be a necromancer at that point. summoner we practically already got that with sorcs.
  • Uriel_Nocturne
    Uriel_Nocturne
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Spellcrafting.

twitch.tv/vampire_nox
    PAWS (Positively Against Wrip-off Stuff) - Say no to Crown Crates!

• LordSemaj
    LordSemaj
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Necromancer as the support class. Since a support class would just be a static multiplier, it would make the game broken. Instead, necromancer will be the support class and fuel his powers bloodmage style. Can't have great power without great sacrifice and personal hazard.

Oh and besides summoning, one of his chief uses will be debuffs including the dreaded Heal Block.
  • Vercingetorix
    Vercingetorix
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I like how everyone wants to have a Necromancer which would undoubtedly feature skeletal/zombie minions and ZoS has already proven TWICE that they suck at designing pet mechanics. I would rather ZoS first fix the ailing 4 classes first, especially the Warden, before even considering to add a sixth and poorly implemented class.

Dragonknights need their Elder Dragon passive to not be complete dogs*** and their abilities to not cost 4k+ to cast.
    Templars need passives that actually do something rather be highly situational or straight up useless.
    Sorcerers need to stop being forced to give up 4 mandatory slots just for the privilege of using pets.
    Wardens need a bear that doesn't die and a suite of class abilities that don't have long, clunky animations.
    Nightblades... uh, well they are technically perfect: 12 synergistic passives and a strong class toolkit.
    “Let your plans be dark and impenetrable as night, and when you move, fall like a thunderbolt.”
  • PlagueSD
    PlagueSD
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    It doesn't matter how many classes a game has. They will ALL be the same "cookie-cutter" spec. Regardless of class, All my stam DPS characters play the same. All my Magica DPS characters play the same, and all my Tank spec characters are the same. Adding more classes won't fix this issue. This is caused by only being able to have 5 abilities per bar. You're going to pick the best skills regardless of class.

• DenMoria
    DenMoria
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I want a class that can use all the skill lines from any other class. Oh! And Stamina.
  • Tyrobag
    Tyrobag
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    NECROMANCER
  • MLGProPlayer
    MLGProPlayer
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Necromancer, but given their status as villains in TES lore, it won't ever happen.

How would the base game story even work for a necromancer? Your story would have to end before you even go to Coldharbour since Meridia would refuse to work with you.

The "necromancers = evil" point was reiterated again in summerset on multiple occasions.
    Edited by MLGProPlayer on July 3, 2018 9:40PM
  • Ir0nB34r
    Ir0nB34r
    ✭✭✭
    Necromancy should not be its own class. A skill line could work. But it does not need its own class at all.
    [XBOX][NA]
    Breton | Sorcerer | Damage Dealer - Build Info (Coming Soon)
    Breton | Warden | Healer - Build Info (Coming Soon)
    Argonian | Dragon Knight | Tank - Build Info (Coming Soon)
    (Retired)Breton | Sorcerer | Tank - Build Info (<< Link to Google Docs Page)
    "If you are quitting, can I have your stuff??"
  • Aesthier
    Aesthier
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I really really want the "Stable Performance" class.

You know the one with 5s loading screens, no disconnects, CTDs, or freezes.
    Edited by Aesthier on July 3, 2018 8:31PM
  • Runefang
    Runefang
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    I don't want another class thanks, I want new playstyles. At the moment there is just one PvE playstyle regardless of class and build.
  • DenMoria
    DenMoria
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    That's not a "Class", that's a "Dream".
    Aesthier wrote: »
    I really really want the "Stable Performance" class.

You know the one with 5s loading screens, no disconnects, CTDs, or freezes.

• Korprok
    Korprok
    ✭✭✭
    remove the classes, we don't need em in my humble opinion.

I feel that ZoS has never been able to come close to a good overall (thematically and mechanically) balance with their 4 classes (now 5) and their 12 skill trees (now 15), and in total 60! skills (now 75!) - and that's before ults and that's before morphs and that's before guild skills with their ults and morphs and weapon skills with their ults and morphs - They constantly need to balance all of them to stam/mag, role, equipment, pve and pvp...

I feel there are so many weak skills, situational skills and so many skills that easily could and should be combined.

In addition the classes are a bit all over the place (thematically and mechanically) while at the same time they feel very shoehorned... want to play with fire? great! you can roll a Dragon Knight with 3 skills lines that's somewhat focused and connected to said fire. Want to play with lightning? not so great, you can roll a Sorcerer with one dedicated skill tree, and now same with fost and the Warden class.
  • Tandor
    Tandor
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I'm perfectly happy with the existing classes, there are just so many different ways of playing them that additional classes are unnecessary.
  • Radinyn
    Radinyn
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Necromancy shall be punished with death.
  • Tonturri
    Tonturri
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I wish there were more classes in ESO - that said, I don't consider sorc/warden/others to be a 'class'. They're more like...arbitrary collections of skill trees that ZOS decided to shove together to call it a class.

I'd love it if we got stuff that didn't feel like separate skill trees mashed together, or the option to pick our own.
  • exeeter702
    exeeter702
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Necromancer, but given their status as villains in TES lore, it won't ever happen.

How would the base game story even work for a necromancer? Your story would have to end before you even go to Coldharbour since Meridia would refuse to work with you.

The "necromancers = evil" point was reiterated again in summerset on multiple occasions.

This.

Its easy to construct a playable necromancer from a design point (and no, depsite popular opinion, necros would not have to run around with tons of minions) with a modest skill set revolving around corpreal spells like bone armors and weapons, physical projectiles, bone themed spells, spectre based spells such as the ghost grip and flying skull nukes already in game, and spells revolving around reanimation such as temporary skele or atros.

None of that matters though because while eso sometimes bends the lore to fit in game play functionality (or simply looks the other way), playing as a necro in the current eso would make absolutely no sense. They would really have to reach or design a play experience specifically caterering to necro characters that isolates them from regularly accessible areas since gaurds would slay you on sight and completely change how the single player main storyline plays out since merdia would never help you and sai sahan would cleave you down in a second.