Maintenance for the week of October 21:
• [COMPLETE] ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – October 21, 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC) - 6:00PM EDT (22:00 UTC)

Are there enough Classes in ESO? Which class do you think is missing in ESO?

• Imperial_Voice
    Imperial_Voice
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I want a necromancer and I want a class change token.

Edit: I love that people are trying to pretend that Necromancy is illegal in Tamriel as a whole and that all Necromancers are villians. TES lore on par with thinking Dwemer were small bearded men.
    Edited by Imperial_Voice on September 28, 2018 3:23PM
  • Kitty_Quietly
    Kitty_Quietly
    ✭✭✭
    Wyrd. They were fun in game, and they could be fun as a class. A lot of possibilities.

Also, I like the name. Be interesting, when asked what class you play.
  • Imperial_Voice
    Imperial_Voice
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Wyrd. They were fun in game, and they could be fun as a class. A lot of possibilities.

Also, I like the name. Be interesting, when asked what class you play.

Id roll a Breton MagWyrd.
  • ItsNebula
    ItsNebula
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Another ranged class.

Or add...

Warriors, Rogues, Warlocks, Mages, Shaman, Priests, Paladins, Hunters, Death Knights, Monks, Druids and a Demon Hunter
  • reguvin
    reguvin
    ✭✭✭✭
    ItsNebula wrote: »
    Another ranged class.

Or add...

Warriors, Rogues, Warlocks, Mages, Shaman, Priests, Paladins, Hunters, Death Knights, Monks, Druids and a Demon Hunter

Lol haha.
    - Beta Tester
    - PC (2014-2015)
    - Playstation 4 (Since 2015)

- Known for Trading & Guilds
  • rexagamemnon
    rexagamemnon
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Necromancer class, thats been floated around alot. I would like to see more classes. I think if eso added about 3 or 4 more would be awesome to add more diversity of play options
  • reguvin
    reguvin
    ✭✭✭✭
    Necromancer class, thats been floated around alot. I would like to see more classes. I think if eso added about 3 or 4 more would be awesome to add more diversity of play options

Don't think we will see 4 new classes but maybe 1 or 2 in the near future.
    - Beta Tester
    - PC (2014-2015)

• Ashilda_Dragonheart
    DuskMarine wrote: »
    There are five too many classes.

for an elder scrolls game there arent enough classes to be honest.

Arena was the last TES game that had actual classes.

correction oblivion was. that one had actual classes and player custom(there were like 10 set classes i think in oblivion)

"Classes" from Daggerfall onward affected nothing aside from which skill advancements contributed to a level-up. The gameplay impact was negligible, thus my use of the "actual" qualifier. It wouldn't be the first time I've used a word like "actual" and just assume everyone is on the same page as I am re: what I mean, so I'm sorry for not explaining to begin with.

but they still counted as classes. you could choose an already made class or make your own

I think you're missing the point. You could play a "warrior" and still summon skeletons. Being a "warrior" didn't mean anything. Skyrim just made it official by doing away with the pretense.

Character building in ESO from the beginning should have followed a similar model. There's no reason why "sorcerers" shouldn't be able to use fire magic. Also staves are stupid.

I miss having hand-casted spells instead of staves.
  • Ashilda_Dragonheart
    More animations or attacks for one-handed and shield would be nice. Right now it feels like the weapon swings too slowly with one-handed and shield, and the animations feel kind of repetitive. It just doesn't feel right to me. Dual wield is a little better, but it still doesn't feel quite right with the animations. Something seems off.
  • spartaxoxo
    spartaxoxo
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    reguvin wrote: »
    Something that excites all of us is new Classes. I wish we would get more of them in Updates. Really waiting for it.

A stamina healer
  • Dark_in_a_box
    Dark_in_a_box
    ✭✭
    Think we need another class with nightblade traits. Like high damage,good utility skills and crappy resistance. Think there's too many classes that can be turned into boring tank and spank in pvp. Can't say much about pve benefits as I don't do it anymore
  • reguvin
    reguvin
    ✭✭✭✭
    Think we need another class with nightblade traits. Like high damage,good utility skills and crappy resistance. Think there's too many classes that can be turned into boring tank and spank in pvp. Can't say much about pve benefits as I don't do it anymore

This is a cool idea
    - Beta Tester
    - PC (2014-2015)

• Malacthulhu
    Malacthulhu
    ✭✭✭✭
    I would like to see them get rid of classes and make abilities and passives go into a tier branching system costing more skill points the higher the tier with morphs being passives pertaining to a wider spectrum of skills and abilities.
    Xbox One Na
  • Sylvermynx
    Sylvermynx
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    mb10 wrote: »
    We DONT need another pet class.

Why people want necromancer is so beyond me

I need another pet class because the satellite lag is beyond a joke - and pets mitigate that to some extent. However, I'm in agreement that necromancer shouldn't happen. Yuck.

• Cillion3117
    Cillion3117
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    A summoner. A proper summoner class.
  • xenowarrior92eb17_ESO
    xenowarrior92eb17_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    at this point in this game...is not classes that are missing but actual skill lines...like more weapon types and such...I mean cmon fist weapons? polearms? greatshields? crossbows? since we have destro staves fire/lightning/frost...how about some illusion staves for support? that idk debuffs and/or buff...or summoning scepters? since every1 complains about necromancer cancer that will never happen cuz its 2 much work...but yeah I could definitely see a skill line focused on summoning undead...ofc making it useful but that will not really happen that much cuz once something is added ofc due to marketing and the fact that eso its still a game and there are actual people who work and needs to get paid...it will be a chapter then the casuals will start crying that its p2w...no matter what zos does...it will never be enough and people will always complain...honestly I rather zos stops with the DLC/chapter *** and instead work 1 year at a damn expansion with a 1 time/year release, then they cant hide behind the"not enough time" to nail down bugs and stuff...ofc it wouldn't be 100% perfect but like 75-80% its still better than the rushed things we get now...1 DLC/3months and 1 new chapter/year...yeah its better in financial terms but overall nobody cares about players anymore...
  • _Ahala_
    _Ahala_
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Necro... but current classes need work first... too many useless morphs and poor effects with too little inherent class diversity
    Edited by _Ahala_ on December 29, 2018 2:31AM
  • Flame_of_Hades
    Flame_of_Hades
    ✭✭✭
    Necro, give it an ability that you put on the ground, and if something does in it, they come back as skeleton minions for a min or so. This makes it good for pvp in outnumbered situations, but less good when xv1ing. (Ultimate, maybe? If so, make the skeletons fairly strong)
  • max_only
    max_only
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    We need a hunter class.

Warden isn’t it.

If they want a cyromancer, make one and don’t try to make one class do two things terribly.

I was satisfied with this class until they took 30% off its damage. I get that they don’t want it to look like the class is pay2win but now it feels like pay2lose.
    #FiteForYourRite Bosmer = Stealth
    #OppositeResourceSiphoningAttacks
    || CP 1000+ || PC/NA || GUILDS: LWH; IA; CH; XA
    ""All gods' creatures (you lot) are equal when covered in A1 sauce"" -- Old Bosmeri Wisdom
  • dazee
    dazee
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    No classes would have been better. well if ZOS could do balance it would be otherwise there'd be even LESS viable builds.
    Playing your character the way your character should play is all that matters. Play as well as you can but never betray the character. Doing so would make playing an mmoRPG pointless.
  • Sylvermynx
    Sylvermynx
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    max_only wrote: »
    We need a hunter class.

Warden isn’t it.

If they want a cyromancer, make one and don’t try to make one class do two things terribly.

I was satisfied with this class until they took 30% off its damage. I get that they don’t want it to look like the class is pay2win but now it feels like pay2lose.

Oh, how I miss my WoW hunters. Then again, I don't miss WoW itself. Dichotomy....

A real hunter class would be excellent. Probably not happening though....
  • Michaelkeir
    Michaelkeir
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    "NECROMANCERS"

I can't say it enough. I have max character slots used. I've grinded sky shards, mage guild's books, horse training, and the psijic skill line on just about all of them and hated it. But if they release a Necromancer class....I'd gladly grind all that crap over again and be excited to do so on my necromancer.

Hoping to hear a hint or something soon about a new class with the end of the year article.
  • Sylvermynx
    Sylvermynx
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Well.... for all you folks jonesing for necromancers....

I wish you Serana. Good luck with it.
  • Fur_like_snow
    Fur_like_snow
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    If anyone is familiar with GW2 I like the idea of an engineer class. Someone who is a scavenger that takes advantage of dwemer technology. Similar to engine guardian some of their buffs would summon different machines. Range attacks could be bombs or primative fire arms ultimate is a thermal detenator :)
    Edited by Fur_like_snow on December 29, 2018 4:43AM
  • Atallanta
    Atallanta
    ✭✭✭✭
    Facefister wrote: »
    A pure support class, your typical "Bard"-class.
    Tree1: Damage support
    Tree2: Healing support
    Tree3: Mitigation support

This :-)
  • Finviuswe
    Finviuswe
    ✭✭✭✭
    There's plenty lol
  • rexagamemnon
    rexagamemnon
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Breedj01 wrote: »
    Bard.

What does a bard do? Play the mellow tunes of his harp at the enemy to death?
    I’m not trying to come off as a jerk, but i see on this forum all the time from morons saying “we need a bard class!” Seriously?
    I just dont get it. What does a musician/storyteller/tavern singer have to do with combats/martial arts? Somebody please tell me if i am missing something here.
  • ChunkyCat
    ChunkyCat
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Court Jester
  • Gilvoth
    Gilvoth
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Edited by Gilvoth on December 29, 2018 6:12AM
  • Finviuswe
    Finviuswe