Maintenance for the week of October 21:
• [COMPLETE] ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – October 21, 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC) - 6:00PM EDT (22:00 UTC)

Are there enough Classes in ESO? Which class do you think is missing in ESO?

• RaddlemanNumber7
    RaddlemanNumber7
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    I just read Razum-dar's report to Queen Ayrenn in the Alinor Codex. In this report he describes how he pulled off several unarmed attacks while confronting bad guys during his investigation. I don't think this is just coincidence. Surely, it must be another hint about what's coming. Maybe an unarmed skill line taught by the Khajiit monks we might expect to encounter in an Elsweyr chapter.
    PC EU
  • LeagueTroll
    LeagueTroll
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    SilverWF wrote: »
    More than enough, I even think they need to remove Warden - coz it's absolutely stupid class

No it’s not, warden can tank or heal trial just fine. It’s just a garb class to be pve dmg dealer. Stam warden can pvp just fine too.
  • Tetrafy
    Tetrafy
    ✭✭✭✭
    Warrior is the only answer. Best class in FFXIV would be awesome in eso. Touch of a button go from massive fell cleaves to tank with a skill amazing.
  • BaneOfBattler
    BaneOfBattler
    ✭✭✭
    Warlock - Uses daedric magic, summons spirits, lots of dots, 1 aoe 1 heal

Smuggler/Pirate - Lots of unarmed skills, skooma buff skill, can summon a partner in crime as pet, strong in melee disabling, poor healing few aoes.

Renegade Daedra - Can summon daedroth and beasts of the like for short time, sacrificing health for healing party or selfbuffs, can morph into an avatar of molag bal (or any other daedra depending on morph) while in that form he perform better at X role. Uses soulgems to summon these demons.

• Myux
    Myux
    ✭✭✭
    i'd like a new weapon type tbh. i think spears would fit a nice niche. kinda a mix of utility and offense weapon, similar to bow but at melee range + 2 meters, like flame lash maybe?

just a thought. just a game theorem...............
  • Chrysa1is
    Chrysa1is
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Just add necromancy as a skill line with passives and actives. Necromancer as a class would point mostly towards more magicka builds.
  • shadowwraith666
    shadowwraith666
    ✭✭✭✭
    Chrysa1is wrote: »
    Just add necromancy as a skill line with passives and actives. Necromancer as a class would point mostly towards more magicka builds.

Necromancer, storm mage and ice mage are already classes in the game, they are just currently NPC-only classes
    • Vicktor Bloodtail - L42 Argonian Magblade, Werewolf - EP
    • Xarxes - L31 Dunmer Sorc, Vampire - EP
    • Lichtspear - L21 Argonian Temp - EP
    • Rajka Fireclaw - L21 Khajit DK - AD

PS4 EU
    Spill some blood for me dear brother
    Vicente Valtiere, Dark Brotherhood, Oblivion
  • HappyLittleTree
    HappyLittleTree
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Let's make a Necromancer class with mag (classic) and a stam version where you sit in a kind of mech build out of bones (or you transform into a flesh golem thingy)
    Thuu chakkuth lod Hajhiit c’oo? Hajhiit gortsuquth gorihuth thuu gooluthduj thdeitoluu!

XBox-EU
  • MerlinPendragon
    MerlinPendragon
    ✭✭✭✭
    Leave the classes as is.

Of all things, we do NOT need another casting based class.
    Edited by MerlinPendragon on July 5, 2018 12:46PM
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Forget a new class.

Bring out all the breeds of the Khajiit!
      Your friendly neighborhood crazy cat lady of ESO
      New PSN name: SundariTheLast. Proud seller in RedEye Empire, PURPLE GANG and Backalley Trading.
      AD High Elf Mageblade DPS (General)(Former Empress) -- Stormproof/VMOL, VHOF, VDSA completion
      AD Khajiit Mageblade DPS -- Flawless Conquerer
      FOR THE QUEEN!
      PS4/NA
    • jlmurra2
      jlmurra2
      ✭✭✭✭✭
      If a new class is added I would hope the skill lines would be conjuration, alteration, and illusion. Those three are magicka schools from past Elder Scrolls games that are missing so far in ESO.

Edited by jlmurra2 on July 5, 2018 1:05PM
    • LegendaryMage
      LegendaryMage
      ✭✭✭✭✭
      jlmurra2 wrote: »
      If a new class is added I would hope the skill lines would be conjuration, alteration, and illusion. Those three are magicka schools from past Elder Scrolls games that are missing so far in ESO.

They most likely won't, as those were supposed to be a part of the spell crafting system. Schools of magic each with their own skill tree.
    • jlmurra2
      jlmurra2
      ✭✭✭✭✭
      jlmurra2 wrote: »

They most likely won't, as those were supposed to be a part of the spell crafting system. Schools of magic each with their own skill tree.

That might be better than adding another class. As long as they are added in some way I would be satisfied.
    • billp_ESO
      billp_ESO
      ✭✭✭✭
      As long as we are confined to the ridiculous limit of 4-5 skills at a time, new classes won't help much.
    • Zardayne
      Zardayne
      ✭✭✭✭✭
      josiahva wrote: »
      Hell with necromancer...just say no to crutches...err, I mean pets.

Frostcaster is what is needed...move the Winter's Embace skill line from warden to Frostcaster, add a couple more skill lines and make a viable ice-mage. Meanwhile...to replace winter's embrace on warden, give it a couple more non-combat pets, a nature-magic based class root(vines sprouting from the ground, etc) and a couple instant-cast nature-magic based damage skills.

With those changes...the classes would finally be rounded out...you would have all your elemental magicka DPS options, you would have 2 pet classes(3 if you count nightblade) And I am sure interesting things could be done with stamina morphs of frostcaster abilities(I would add one more ice-magic skill line and leave the 3rd more focused on stamina options). Necromancer really holds no interest for me...at least not as a pet class. I had enough of that garbage in Diablo II. Now, Necromancer could be interesting if they left pets out of entirely...I could see being able to build a beserker-type tank based off of life drain and regeneration, using corpses for resources similar to the templar in some ways, summoning buff totems, etc...but no, I think pets are a waste of useful skills and people use them as a crutch way too much.

I'd agree with the moving of the frost skill line. Whoever thought that Frost should be mixed with nature and animal skill lines should never have their hands in character development again. I feel frost would fit more with a necromancer type skill line since frost and cold generally bring death not life.
    • Zardayne
      Zardayne
      ✭✭✭✭✭
      OliKDmCl.jpg

A bard skill line would be awesome! Everyone needs bonuses to hit and damage!

Edited by Zardayne on July 5, 2018 2:33PM
    • Master_Kas
      Master_Kas
      ✭✭✭✭✭
      ✭✭
      Monk, similar to the monk in Diablo 3.

WTB :<
      EU | PC
    • DenMoria
      DenMoria
      ✭✭✭✭✭
      Wouldn't it just make more sense to play Diablo 3 then? This is ESO, not Diablo 3. That and there's no lore to back up such a class other than the Moth Priests or the Khajiit monks.
      Master_Kas wrote: »
      Monk, similar to the monk in Diablo 3.

WTB :<

• Chronocidal
      Chronocidal
      ✭✭✭
      +1 monk type class
      +1 necromancer type class

or even better ....

+1 new weapon/armour skill lines

but what do I know, im only soul shriven
    • Grandesdar
      Grandesdar
      ✭✭✭
      İ agree with all the Bard suggestions, we need a sole support class, like buffing allies, de buffing enemies, providing utility besides healing and shielding.
      Main: The Charismatic StamDK DD
      Side: A Handsome Warden Healer
      Side: (upcoming) Stam Necro DD
      CP: 680
      EU PSN: Style3513
    • max_only
      max_only
      ✭✭✭✭✭
      ✭✭✭✭✭
      First make it a five person grouping system then we can talk about more classes.
      #FiteForYourRite Bosmer = Stealth
      #OppositeResourceSiphoningAttacks
      || CP 1000+ || PC/NA || GUILDS: LWH; IA; CH; XA
      ""All gods' creatures (you lot) are equal when covered in A1 sauce"" -- Old Bosmeri Wisdom
    • Valen_Byte
      Valen_Byte
      ✭✭✭✭✭
      ✭✭
      Id like to see a complete removal of all classes. They dont really fit in the ES universe. Would much rather have no classes and be able to access all skill lines. Of course kept in check by limiting how many skill lines you can open or limited skill points or something. I know, Im an idiot and thats the worst idea ever. Saved ya the trouble : ))
      ***Dixon Kay MagDK FORMER EMPEROR***Deca Dix MagDK FORMER EMPORER***Valonious MagPlar FORMER EMPEROR***
      GM of BYTE
      MAY YOUR DEATHS BE SWIFT, AND YOUR LOAD SCREENS LONG.
      And alien tears will fill for him, Pity’s long-broken urn, For his mourners will be outcast men, And outcasts always mourn
    • SydneyGrey
      SydneyGrey
      ✭✭✭✭✭
      ✭✭✭✭✭
      Necromancer, obviously. I already have an Altmer sorc that I can turn into a necromancer if they give it to us as a skill line (like Thieves Guild, Psijic, etc.) instead of a totally new class.

Also, Battlemage. Not sure what a battlemage would entail, but the word is mentioned in ESO in many, many story lines.
    • webrgesner
      webrgesner
      ✭✭✭✭
      How about undead?
    • Revokus
      Revokus
      ✭✭✭✭✭
      Necromancer that is all. Hopefully they are working on it as we speak. If not then only ZOS are to blame for not taking advantage of this cash mine. Like wrath of the lich king.(still to this day the most hype an expansion ever got for an mmo because of that trailer and the death knight class.. it really made history for WoW..they reached their peak in players with that expansion. Then it went downhill with each later expansions.)It would only be a huge hype for the game and bring many players. We are all tired of those teases with skeleton mounts everywhere and personnality while the only thing missing is the class to go with it to feel complete. Not sure I can wait another year if it’s not coming in 2019.
      Playing since January 23, 2016
    • Sylvermynx
      Sylvermynx
      ✭✭✭✭✭
      ✭✭✭✭✭
      Zardayne wrote: »
      OliKDmCl.jpg

A bard skill line would be awesome! Everyone needs bonuses to hit and damage!

Yep. I really want a bard.... Not thrilled about monks.... or necromancers. Battlemage would be cool too though.
    • kronoso1979b14_ESO
      reguvin wrote: »
      Something that excites all of us is new Classes. I wish we would get more of them in Updates. Really waiting for it.

A sorcerer class that lets you spec pure fire or pure frost talent trees.

• _Ahala_
      _Ahala_
      ✭✭✭✭✭
      Magicka Warden is missing from eso... where is the ice magic zos?
    • Unit117
      Unit117
      ✭✭✭✭✭
      Necromancy all the way
    • LordLomax
      LordLomax
      ✭✭✭✭
      Conjuror and necromancor either would be good :D