Maintenance for the week of March 25:
• [COMPLETE] ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – March 28, 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

[Class Reps] Meeting Notes - June 7

• Ramber
    Ramber
    ✭✭✭✭
    Was fixing the lag issues even talked about? i mean shouldn't the game be made playable for everyone BEFORE we start making more math changes to the game for it to just get worse?
  • Tasear
    Tasear
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Ramber wrote: »
    Was fixing the lag issues even talked about? i mean shouldn't the game be made playable for everyone BEFORE we start making more math changes to the game for it to just get worse?

Each patch brings optimization to gameplay while not all of them are noticable to everyone. They are always working on and can see further verification in patch notes.
  • BohnT
    BohnT
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Tasear wrote: »

Each patch brings optimization to gameplay while not all of them are noticable to everyone. They are always working on and can see further verification in patch notes.

The last 4 Patches made lag worse, especially in pvp the performance in SS is absolutely disgusting.
    There are about 5 posts that are about the bad performance and they were not here before with this amount
  • Tasear
    Tasear
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    BohnT wrote: »

The last 4 Patches made lag worse, especially in pvp the performance in SS is absolutely disgusting.
    There are about 5 posts that are about the bad performance and they were not here before with this amount

I am sorry to hear that. If you share more data or links to the threads then we can note concern better for you.
  • King_Thelon
    King_Thelon
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    2cp8yq.jpg
  • BohnT
    BohnT
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭

I am sorry to hear that. If you share more data or links to the threads then we can note concern better for you.

I probably missed some threads but i guess it shows that there is an issue atm.

I'll sum up the posts really quick with the biggest pain points:
    - skills not firing
    - horrible lag with up to 10 seconds delay
    - whole gameplay being desynced (one shots out of nowhere with 2k hits)
    - bugs, bugs and bugs
    - micro stutters
    - frame rate dropping to below 15 fps
    - big campaigns being unplayable after 6pm

I'll link some more people who can maybe provide gameplay and more Feedback.
    @FakeZavos , @Gnozo , @amir412 , @Yuke , @Derra , @Etaniel
  • Tasear
    Tasear
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

- skills not firing
    - bugs, bugs and bugs
    - micro stutters

Thank you
  • Etaniel
    Etaniel
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭

- skills not firing
    - bugs, bugs and bugs
    - micro stutters

lag doesn't translate to footage very well, you'd need to have a separate cam showing keypresses so that the viewer can realise how long it's taking for stuff to fire, or to not fire at all.

This vid I posted recently can show you a bit how bad it can get : https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=luuLtJiUH78
    Noricum | Kitesquad

Youtube

AR 41 DC DK

• BohnT
    BohnT
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Etaniel wrote: »

- skills not firing
    - bugs, bugs and bugs
    - micro stutters

lag doesn't translate to footage very well, you'd need to have a separate cam showing keypresses so that the viewer can realise how long it's taking for stuff to fire, or to not fire at all.

This vid I posted recently can show you a bit how bad it can get : https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=luuLtJiUH78

Yeah it's hard to show skill useage and skills actually firing but the clip you shared actually is a very good one.
    Long delays until you can use things again after stuns, people dropping huge amounts of health in 0.1 seconds,
    people porting around etc.

This is what pvp has come to and that's just sad
  • Lord_Eomer
    Lord_Eomer
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    There is lot of feedback from players,

How and what ZOS will implement?
  • Derra
    Derra
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

- skills not firing
    - bugs, bugs and bugs
    - micro stutters

This has become the standard pvp experience during EU primetime the last times we tried to play.

Personally i have no interest to even login to the game past 6pm cest due to the game simply being unplayable at the moment.

Summerset has made lag worse (serverlag) - client performance is pretty decent though. I´m getting steady 35+ fps even with big fights - but that might be due to everyone being unable to cast skills more than every few seconds.

The first breakfree in etaniels video perfectly shows whats going on. He gets runecaged at 2s in the video - full stamina. His breakfree registers at 5s of the video. Everyone breaks cc instantly (or rather as fast as the game lets them).
    That´s atleast 2s delay between (if we assume etaniel has 1s reaction time of my 87yo grandma). The ping shows 137. Working as intended.
    Edited by Derra on June 22, 2018 7:50PM
    <Noricum>
    I live. I die. I live again.

Derra - DC - Sorc - AvA 50
    Derrah - EP - Sorc - AvA 50

• Etaniel
    Etaniel
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Derra wrote: »

- skills not firing
    - bugs, bugs and bugs
    - micro stutters

This has become the standard pvp experience during EU primetime the last times we tried to play.

Personally i have no interest to even login to the game past 6pm cest due to the game simply being unplayable at the moment.

Summerset has made lag worse (serverlag) - client performance is pretty decent though. I´m getting steady 35+ fps even with big fights - but that might be due to everyone being unable to cast skills more than every few seconds.

The first breakfree in etaniels video perfectly shows whats going on. He gets runecaged at 2s in the video - full stamina. His breakfree registers at 5s of the video. Everyone breaks cc instantly (or rather as fast as the game lets them).
    That´s atleast 2s delay between (if we assume etaniel has 1s reaction time of my 87yo grandma). The ping shows 137. Working as intended.

you can actually see the start of the break free animation almost instantly, but the miat cc tracker still says i'm cced, even though my char is standing up, instead of crouching like you would normally when under rune cage. Yet I have to cc break again 2 sec later to actually get out of the stun
    Noricum | Kitesquad

Youtube

AR 41 DC DK

• Yuke
    Yuke
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I've seen some keyboard overlays on twitch that show registered keystrokes. Maybe someone can use it to showcase the delay. Not sure if there is a 1on1 translation between the stream and shown keystrokes tho, never used such an overlay. Just an idea to throw out (or devs can just log chars at primetime to experience it first hand).
    Save Us, Microsoft.

Noricum & Kitesquad™
    YT-Channel
  • BohnT
    BohnT
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Yuke wrote: »
    I've seen some keyboard overlays on twitch that show registered keystrokes. Maybe someone can use it to showcase the delay. Not sure if there is a 1on1 translation between the stream and shown keystrokes tho, never used such an overlay. Just an idea to throw out (or devs can just log chars at primetime to experience it first hand).

hehehe you remember when they didn't knew that guards were totally broken for 2 weeks and they said they didn't see anything Special when testing? :lol:
  • FakeZavos
    FakeZavos
    ✭✭✭✭

- skills not firing
    - bugs, bugs and bugs
    - micro stutters

This sums it up about right. Delay on skills/breakfree/enemy animations showing are the most horrible. For example, getting feared (cant use abilities for 5 seconds in high lagg) but the fear anymation only shows after 2/3 seconds of nothing showing at all.

While going offensive on a sorc for example is doable dont try it on stam or magplar for example with jabs hitting 1 tick every 2 complete jabs (so that should be 6 ticks in total?) or try to dizzy swing where you have to keep you target at the right spot for a good 3-6 seconds before the skill actualy hits. Loosing magicka when u press streak but dont move an inch is not too great aswell and combine that to the rollbacks (being stuck at 1 spot because of a meteor for example) you think you are moving (because it shows you on your screen) and then after 5 seconds you get ported back in the middle of the zerg. Really not a great spot to be in.

*EDIT* Tough lagg seems to be way lower out of primetime, the lagg in primetime seems to have increased sersiusly since last patch. Ball groups seem to have a lesser impact on lagg then they used to have (they are "causing" less lagg, atleast thats how it feels for me) but overall lagg even without ballgroups close or around on the map feels really worse.
    Edited by FakeZavos on June 23, 2018 11:02AM
    Why do I even try
  • Derra
    Derra
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    FakeZavos wrote: »
    Ball groups seem to have a lesser impact on lagg then they used to have (they are "causing" less lagg, atleast thats how it feels for me) but overall lagg even without ballgroups close or around on the map feels really worse.

I´ve made different experiences - we had 2 dc guilds (daggerfall sth and faster guys kill kill?) fighting zergsquad at nikel with horrendous lag - literally 10s after zs wiped the lag stopped and skills became responsive.

Whereas i don´t have as severe lag in unorganized zerg fights. Performance goes down sure but not into unplayable levels.
    <Noricum>
    I live. I die. I live again.

Derra - DC - Sorc - AvA 50
    Derrah - EP - Sorc - AvA 50

• FakeZavos
    FakeZavos
    ✭✭✭✭
    Ball groups seem to have a lesser impact on lagg then they used to have (they are "causing" less lagg, atleast thats how it feels for me) but overall lagg even without ballgroups close or around on the map feels really worse.

I´ve made different experiences - we had 2 dc guilds (daggerfall sth and faster guys kill kill?) fighting zergsquad at nikel with horrendous lag - literally 10s after zs wiped the lag stopped and skills became responsive.

Whereas i don´t have as severe lag in unorganized zerg fights. Performance goes down sure but not into unplayable levels.

Thats because a big fight vs the whole DC population stopped. The lagg would be just as big if it was the whole EP faction vs the whole DC faction. ZS themselms isnt the real issue anymore. where I believe it used to be the acutual passive calculations and *** like that that I dont think thats the real issue anymore. Its just ALOT of people at the same place. So the lagg problem is still there. And ballsgroups can perhaps be blamed because of then stacking the enemy faction, but the ballgroup itself isnt the problem anymore. And if the ballgroup wasnt there all the blues wouldve gone to the next AD or EP keep and thwn you will have the big fight with the same lagg there.
    Why do I even try
  • Etaniel
    Etaniel
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭

Thats because a big fight vs the whole DC population stopped. The lagg would be just as big if it was the whole EP faction vs the whole DC faction. ZS themselms isnt the real issue anymore. where I believe it used to be the acutual passive calculations and *** like that that I dont think thats the real issue anymore. Its just ALOT of people at the same place. So the lagg problem is still there. And ballsgroups can perhaps be blamed because of then stacking the enemy faction, but the ballgroup itself isnt the problem anymore. And if the ballgroup wasnt there all the blues wouldve gone to the next AD or EP keep and thwn you will have the big fight with the same lagg there.

You realise you just said a huge DC stack vs ZS is the same as a huge DC stack vs the entire EP faction. Hence ZS themselves cause as much lag as ane entire faction. Your words ^^
    Noricum | Kitesquad

Youtube

AR 41 DC DK

• Berenhir
    Berenhir
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Using puncturing sweeps on a magplar in prime time is just ridiculous and so are all channels. Completely unusable. The ticks just don't register. I got soulassaulted and didn't eat a single tick of damage.

Break free is completely bugged and so is CC immunity. I just get ported back and forth for the lols, skills fire with 5s delay, randomly and not even in the order I casted them, I slide on the floor and then get ported back 20m into the zerg. Sometimes I get feared into walls or below the keep.

I got a javelin to the face four times in a row and got knocked back from inner maingate of Chalman all the way to the mine side entrance without touching the ground. There I slid across the floor unable to do anything than jump like a sprawled frog to get killed and tbagged ofc.

This is not a rare occasion, it's like that every night especially on weekends and people are leaving PvP and the game as a whole left and right.
    PC EU - Ebonheart Pact - Gray Host - Death Recap -#zergfarming -
  • FakeZavos
    FakeZavos
    ✭✭✭✭

You realise you just said a huge DC stack vs ZS is the same as a huge DC stack vs the entire EP faction. Hence ZS themselves cause as much lag as ane entire faction. Your words ^^

Im sayinig that it woudnt matter if ZS would be there or not. The lagg will be there anyway. ZS doesnt affect it directly
    Why do I even try
  • Psilent
    Psilent
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I’ve been using Race Against Time morph in PvP on my magicka DK. It’s a very nice skill and as gotten me out of many situations that I would have died in before Summerset. Combined with wings it’s really nice, only downside is no snare immunity like in Mist Form.

Add snare immunity to wings and this morph will be perfect for magicka DK. Maybe add an extra second to the duration.
  • Oxalias
    Oxalias
    ✭✭✭
    Pvp Tanking : Damagecreeps, block reduction is rediculous at this point, bleeds, and too many unblockable cc's flying around, time-freeze, fossilize, cage. Wraith passive never replaced with anything that sustains pvp tanking.
  • Collectivezen
    Collectivezen
    ✭✭
    Werewolves continue to not make topic. I can only hope the devl teams reads notes or looks back at the forms.
  • Lightspeedflashb14_ESO
    Lightspeedflashb14_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Werewolves continue to not make topic. I can only hope the devl teams reads notes or looks back at the forms.

Um what?

. Werewolves
    What werewolves DO NOT want
    To become overpowered. They realize they teeter on the line.
    To get the best dps or to become meta, or even to get directly competitive dps. They don’t want a werewolf in every group. Werewolves like feeling special and needing to exert greater effort to achieve the same or even just shy of the same results in PvE.
    Large, sweeping reworks or changes to core mechanics.
    For Hircine’s Bounty to scale off of stamina/weapon damage OR to cost stamina. To make it cost stamina would pressure their sustain too much. Stam sustain is already tough on werewolves. And to make it scale off of physical stats would eliminate the hybrid leaning of werewolf builds, turning werewolf build patterns into a mirror of the rest of the stamina meta and requiring damage nerfs to compensate the new builds. For example, Pelinal’s + Fury + 2 Kena (a common build and Caius’ current favorite) would become Fury + Seventh Legion + 2 Kena. Werewolves like their hybridy build patterns the way they are. Do you want to fight a werewolf with 1k more weapon damage than they already have?
    What werewolves DO want
    Roar to cost magicka. It’s a utility spell.
    To be a legitimate and playable choice that can somewhat compete with other builds for PvE dps. The werewolf community is split on whether they should be able to tank or not.
    Quality of life fixes and bug fixes. They want to be updated to the current state of the game.
    More uptime in werewolf form. Potentially a way to add time to their werewolf form actively, such as by dealing damage or casting werewolf abilities. This might enable werewolf dps in trials where tanks hold aggro, werewolf RP, and running for long distances between fights. When asked if werewolves being able to permawolf would necessarily be perceived as a bad thing, I didn’t really get pushback from werewolves or non-werewolf players alike. Many were unsure if they would like werewolves maintaining werewolf form outside of combat, though. Werewolves want to play as werewolves without necessarily having to worry about taking damage, pouncing on things, or looking for Devour synergies.
    More support for pack or group play, such as synergies, cross healing, or unique buffs.
    Top quality of life concerns
    Can’t res allies
    Can’t use synergies
    Can’t sneak
    Devour synergy requires precise targeting and direct line of sight without other characters in the way, making it clunky and unwieldy to use in fights
  • Skillasaurus88
    Skillasaurus88
    ✭✭✭
    When was this feedback asked for?
    Not to sound lazy, but if there arent any notices for things like this, how can you expect a good sampling?
    Feedback could easily be announced when you log into a character (let's face it, the splash page gets ignored).
    I main a MagSorc DPS. Over 2500 hours played and counting! Feel free to ask me anything. -Rick
  • Lightspeedflashb14_ESO
    Lightspeedflashb14_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    When was this feedback asked for?
    Not to sound lazy, but if there arent any notices for things like this, how can you expect a good sampling?
    Feedback could easily be announced when you log into a character (let's face it, the splash page gets ignored).

At the beginning of June. Look through this subforums for the threads that say [class reps] at the start and that is the threads that the feedback was used. Simple.
  • kaithuzar
    kaithuzar
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    @ZOS_GinaBruno
    I think the priority that you guys should understand is that the topics discussed should be taken with a grain of salt.

Overall you already have a very good game. The ability to differentiate between what is possible and what is excessive whining is key here.

If it becomes a situation where the development team tries to massively overhaul something and brakes many things in the process the turn out will inevitably be worse.

It would be better served to focus on upgrading or enhancing the ability/process to do testing and bug fixes around potential new implementations and in a faster and more efficient manner.

Decrease your batch processing size making it a single flow, so you can do patching more often regarding enhancements without the high risk of breaking things.

Let these discussions serve as strategic talking points for potential areas of investigation for improvement, rather than an outcry for change for change sake.

glhf,
    -Kai
    Member of:
    Fantasia - osh kosh b-josh
    Just Chill - Crown's house
    GoldCloaks - Durruthy test server penga
    Small Meme Guild - Mano's house

Former member of:
    Legend - Siffer fan boy club
    TKO (tamriel knight's order) - free bks
    Deviance - Leonard's senche tiger
    Purple - hamNchz is my hero
    Eight Divines - myrlifax stop playing final fantasy
    WKB (we kill bosses) - turd where you go?
    Arcance Council - Klytz Kommander
    World Boss - Mike & Chewy gone EP
    M12 (majestic twelve) - cult of the loli zerg
  • Checkmath
    Checkmath
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    kaithuzar wrote: »
    @ZOS_GinaBruno
    I think the priority that you guys should understand is that the topics discussed should be taken with a grain of salt.

Overall you already have a very good game. The ability to differentiate between what is possible and what is excessive whining is key here.

If it becomes a situation where the development team tries to massively overhaul something and brakes many things in the process the turn out will inevitably be worse.

It would be better served to focus on upgrading or enhancing the ability/process to do testing and bug fixes around potential new implementations and in a faster and more efficient manner.

Decrease your batch processing size making it a single flow, so you can do patching more often regarding enhancements without the high risk of breaking things.

Let these discussions serve as strategic talking points for potential areas of investigation for improvement, rather than an outcry for change for change sake.

glhf,
    -Kai

the feedback we gave the devs already was filtered by us reps, thats why we should have a deep understanding of the classes and skills. we already separated whining and constructive feedback. you might think that stuff like a nerf to incap or rune cage bases on the whining of all non sorcs or non nightblades, but this isnt the case. we got the same feedback even from experienced nightblades and sorcs that those two skills for example are overtuned.

the devs already know, that huge changes should not be the way to go, they wont change everything, what we discussed during the meeting. they will implement some changes and will hopefully do that every time we meet. soon the pts for the next update will be available and another rep meeting is coming during that pts circle, so already feedback from the pts will be gathered and discussed. this already is an improvement to the procedure and will hopefully result in better communication between community, reps and devs.
  • kaithuzar
    kaithuzar
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Checkmath wrote: »
    kaithuzar wrote: »
    @ZOS_GinaBruno

glhf,
    -Kai

the feedback we gave the devs already was filtered by us reps, thats why we should have a deep understanding of the classes and skills. we already separated whining and constructive feedback. you might think that stuff like a nerf to incap or rune cage bases on the whining of all non sorcs or non nightblades, but this isnt the case. we got the same feedback even from experienced nightblades and sorcs that those two skills for example are overtuned.

the devs already know, that huge changes should not be the way to go, they wont change everything, what we discussed during the meeting. they will implement some changes and will hopefully do that every time we meet. soon the pts for the next update will be available and another rep meeting is coming during that pts circle, so already feedback from the pts will be gathered and discussed. this already is an improvement to the procedure and will hopefully result in better communication between community, reps and devs.

I look forward to seeing the outcome.
    Member of:
    Fantasia - osh kosh b-josh
    Just Chill - Crown's house
    GoldCloaks - Durruthy test server penga
    Small Meme Guild - Mano's house

Former member of:
    Legend - Siffer fan boy club
    TKO (tamriel knight's order) - free bks
    Deviance - Leonard's senche tiger
    Purple - hamNchz is my hero
    Eight Divines - myrlifax stop playing final fantasy
    WKB (we kill bosses) - turd where you go?
    Arcance Council - Klytz Kommander
    World Boss - Mike & Chewy gone EP
    M12 (majestic twelve) - cult of the loli zerg
  • HappyLittleTree
    HappyLittleTree
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Great thing the get more players involved into the class balancing.

Kudos to the Team and kudos to the Class Representatives
    Thuu chakkuth lod Hajhiit c’oo? Hajhiit gortsuquth gorihuth thuu gooluthduj thdeitoluu!

XBox-EU
This discussion has been closed.