The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 29:
• PC/Mac: No maintenance – April 29

moved

• Runs
    Runs
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    So selling crown itams via gifting isn't aloud then why was it even put in the game if gifting will get your accout ban all together ?

It is allowed.
    Runs| Orc NightbladeChim-el Adabal| Dunmer TemplarM'air the Honest| Khajiit Templar
    Oddity| Altmer SorcerorDrizlo| Orc DragonKnightLady Ra Gada| Redguard Sorceror
    Taste-of-Hist-Sap| Argonian NightbladeWar'den Peace| Khajiit WardenLittle Warden Annie Altmer Warden
    Ports with Blood| Breton TemplarDirty-Old-Man| Dunmer DragonKnightEyes-of-the-Sun| Argonian DragonKnight
    Bleak Mystique| Nord WardenPolychronopolous| Imperial SorcerorBullcrit| Khajiit Nightblade
    PC NA CP 1250+ and still a noob
    At Writs End - A place to complete master writs
  • KruxAF
    KruxAF
    Ive been doing 175-250 gold per crown.

We have a discord group setup with a voucher system in place. Our sellers are vetted. We have over 12m in scam free sales. The group was started last week when Gina made it clear all INGAME items are TRADABLE. The only no no is direct ingame for real world money.

https://discord.gg/g8Wcxge

Im xbox na. Hmu for that new dlc or motif you dont have! Gt kruxaf
    Edited by KruxAF on July 5, 2018 11:33AM
    meeeeow
  • Rittings
    Rittings
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    KruxAF wrote: »

We have a discord group setup with a voucher system in place. Our sellers are vetted. We have over 12m in scam free sales. The group was started last week when Gina made it clear all INGAME items are TRADABLE. The only no no is direct ingame for real world money.

I joined... shame no PS4 players it seems.
  • danno8
    danno8
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Good to know my common sense is functioning at reasonable levels. I knew they couldn't stop this from happening, nor reasonably enforce any policy preventing it.
  • Pajor
    Pajor
    ✭✭✭✭
    KruxAF wrote: »

I went to the discord server, I don't get how to message a seller. Could you help me out?
  • Fischblut
    Fischblut
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
  • Universe
    Universe
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    So what is currently happening in the servers is gold buying in a massive scale through the sale of crown store items...
    This is really a shame and this game becomes more and more P2W.
    Steps:
    1) Players use real life money to buy crowns.
    2) Players buy crown store items.
    3) Players trade the crown store items for in-game gold.

This is a very negative practice that shouldn't be allowed to begin with...
    Players are using real life money to become mega rich, bids on guilds traders increase, prices on different items change, the entire game's economy and the value of the gold currency is in danger...
    Also, it is not fair - why can someone just skip and buy millions of gold through the above method while so many thousands of players had to grind/farm for years for the same gold amount ?
    The list goes on, this all practice has so many negative impacts on the game.
    I don't understand why the community is so silent about this while millions or even billions of gold change hands as we speak.

@ZOS_GinaBruno @ZOS_JessicaFolsom This is very bad and I don't consider this issue closed.
    Did you hear of how billions of gold change hands in discord/other channels of communication ?
    Please implement steps to minimize it or stop it altogether.
    Here are a few suggestions:
    1) Limit the number of gifts per account(example):
    1 gift between the value of 1-500 crowns per month.
    1 gift between the value of 501-1,000 crowns per 3 months.
    1 gift between the value of 1,001-5,000 per 6 months.

2) Limit the number of gifts per account on a monthly basis.

3) 1 or more of the above & also prohibit the trading of crown store items for gold/other in-game currency.

This is not a lost cause yet, please do something.
    Edited by Universe on August 16, 2018 2:31AM
    Some videos I recorded for fun: Main character:
    PC EU main: Universe - AD magicka Sorcerer, Former Emperor, Grand Overlord, The Merciless, Trial Bosses Solo Champion
    Top alts: Genius(stamina/sagicka Dragonknight) The Force(stamina Nightblade) and other chars.
    PC NA main: The Magic - AD magicka Sorcerer
    Started playing ESO in beta & early access
    User_ID: Daedric_Prince
  • Nayawin14
    Nayawin14
    ✭✭✭
    Universe wrote: »
    This is not a lost cause yet, please do something.

I see it the other way, your cause might be noble but it is a lost cause.

The good side of it: a player like me that enjoys dungeons, crafting, loves his characters and play mostly for fun will have little-to-no-negative effects from all this; I'll continue buying with my money the crown for the (occasional) items i want/can afford, I'll continue farming dungeons and crafting my sets and will be mostly totally unaffected.

The other side: a lot of player will make a lot of really easy gold they don't deserve. The people at the heads of the trading alliances will have to absorb those people (and their new-made money!) or see them gathering in new nasty guild with unlimited gold (due to huge amount of real money available). Of course, those new rich people will have access to some of the best equipment at all time without efforts, and the equilibria between old players that spent the last years on the game and those new richs will likely be shifted in an uncertain way... that sounds almost interesting.

Note: Zeni will sell/is selling a lot more crowns with this new system, and people won't ever be ashamed again to go out with an item coming from the crownstore.

Take home message: Playing ESO is like being alive, do it for the good reason, made it so that it has a sense and made it count. Then nothing can hurt you anymore. Good night o/

• DanteYoda
    DanteYoda
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Man you Americans must get crowns really cheap... As an Australian i'd never go under 250 and most likely want more as its super expensive to buy them..
  • Kikke
    Kikke
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    There is still an odd grey area here. Lets say I send 1 million gold to my wife's account via the mail system. All good, right? She wants to buy some furnishings for her house. At some point later that day, she gifts me a mount from the crown store for my birthday. Did we violate the rules? Certainly, neither of us would report the other, but is there an automated system in place to report us? Is this sort of legitimate exchange now a dangerous thing to do?

If the answer is yes, then this opens up a huge can of worms for trolling. Maybe I perform a zone trade with someone for some platinum dust. After the legit exchange, the other party then "gifts" me a crown crate and I have no knowledge of it. Maybe I accept it, maybe not. What if he chooses to report me as a troll or revenge for some pvp the night before?

It's nice that ZOS has issued a clear answer, but I'm going to be very careful going forward due to the potential for accidental and revenge reporting.

We dont own our ESO accounts, we are leasing them. There is a reason account selling is forbidden =)
    Cleared Trials:
    - vAA HM - vHRC HM - vSO HM - vMoL HM - vHoF HM - vAS HM - vCR HM -

"The journey of a thousand miles begins with one step, and a lot of bitching."
    -Someone said it, I guess.
  • DaveMoeDee
    DaveMoeDee
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    vovus69 wrote: »
    This is kinda strange - you bought it, so it is yours. You can do whatever you want with it, even to destroy it. This is the definition of the ownership. So response above is saying that zos not only wants the money for the item, they want to control its use in a future. irl this is against the law. May be someone will sue them at some point.... Would be fun to see.

-vovus

Where did you get your law degree?

Your comments aren't applicable to this situation. Just think about that fact that ZOS can suspend your account at any time for a violation of TOS. ZOS allows you access to their game. They place restrictions on what you are allowed to do in-game and have the right to revoke access.
    Edited by DaveMoeDee on August 16, 2018 5:31AM
  • Nayawin14
    Nayawin14
    ✭✭✭
    DaveMoeDee wrote: »
    Where did you get your law degree?

Your comments aren't applicable to this situation.

rude enough : s
  • AnnaUK
    AnnaUK
    ✭✭
    A much better system would be if ZOS managed the trading. One player needs Crown items? Then they buy a token from another player for gold (who had bought it for real money).

Putting an npc in game to handle the sale would stop all scammers.
    Ps4 player
  • Grimm13
    Grimm13
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Why not have an option to send the Gift as a COD. Player accepts the Gift and the COD set gold is transferred to the sending player.

How much simpler can that be? ZOS then has no headaches of following up on scams that did not use COD.
    https://sparkforautism.org/

Season of DraggingOn
    It's your choice on how you vote with your $

PC-NA
  • Iselin
    Iselin
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Grimm13 wrote: »
    Why not have an option to send the Gift as a COD. Player accepts the Gift and the COD set gold is transferred to the sending player.

How much simpler can that be? ZOS then has no headaches of following up on scams that did not use COD.

I don't know how common it's become but in one of my trading guilds, the guild leader holds the gold in escrow until the crown item is delivered... works well I hear.
  • [Deleted User]
    [Deleted User]
    Soul Shriven
    Hello everyone,

With this thread devolving into unneeded back and forth and no longer having a subject to discuss, we've felt it necessary to close it down. For further posts please be sure to stay constructive and respectful with the Forum Rules in mind to avoid action on one's own account.

Thank you for understanding.
    Staff Post
This discussion has been closed.