The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 29:
• PC/Mac: No maintenance – April 29

stamina being drained by "unknown"

themotherconfessor25
1s297w8ejmsi.jpg

g06b93mu570a.jpg
lsa4jd7h3ni5.jpg

unable to sustain a 4 heavy attack rotation on a 3 mil dummy. i have parsed an embarrassing amount of hours on stam characters and never had a problem like this or seen this in the log.
IGN: GlitterGirl25
Twitter

• xRIVALENx
    xRIVALENx
    ✭✭✭
    Looks as if your magicka is being drained by an unknown source as well.
  • themotherconfessor25
    Yeah, I noticed that. On mag chars it doesn't feel as severe but it is happening. I can check my magsorc and magblade today. The stam drain is happening to my friend as well in the exact same ways. We disabled all add-ons except combat metrics and the problem persits. It's not just something the log says either. It makes the chars unable to sustain. tested on stam warden and stam templar. I'd suggest everyone check their combat logs and find out if it's happening to them too. I've had to cancel my trials bench my chars.
    Twitter

• themotherconfessor25
    When I put dubious food on, that regeneration return and immediate drain happens. 977 in 977 right back out. There are 1k-3k losses in between those too. When I put blue stam and health food on the loss is from 2k-5k each time I lose it to "unknown". With no food it's random 2k-4k still, similar to the blue food. It's not food related but the food shows its probably regeneration bug related and the food just changes how it's drained.
    Edited by themotherconfessor25 on May 24, 2018 11:33AM
    Twitter

• xRIVALENx
    xRIVALENx
    ✭✭✭
    Odd question perhaps but what Addon are you using for that combat log? Just wondering if it is pulling an ID number for the skills, might be a way of tracing it back to its source or providing more insight into the problem.
  • themotherconfessor25
    Combat metrics
    Twitter

• themotherconfessor25
    The drain tick happens more frequently towards the end of a fight and bottoms out my stam before I can kill a 3 mil with 3-4 heavy attack rotation . Not sure if a video would help. I have a video of my stamden prepatch I could compare it to.
    Twitter

• xRIVALENx
    xRIVALENx
    ✭✭✭
    I'll make a slight modification to LibCombat.lua this evening and get it to post the abilityId. Should only have to make a small change in LIBCOMBAT_EVENT_RESOURCES I would think, mind my LUA knowledge is quite limited.
  • themotherconfessor25
    ok thank you
    Twitter

• themotherconfessor25
    I took all of my gear off and heavy attacked with fists woven between 2 abilities. the loss was less but that's because without gear my base regen is lower. same stam in stam out issue. 7q988ccplqg7.jpg

Without gear stats:
    ur4r74td1j0n.jpg

WITH gear stats
    b0xpad33oghs.jpg

This reflects the 977 in and out i was losing in my first couple pics i posted.
    Edited by themotherconfessor25 on May 24, 2018 12:31PM
    Twitter

• xRIVALENx
    xRIVALENx
    ✭✭✭
    At least we know one of those unknown sources is linked to your base recovery.
  • Morgul667
    Morgul667
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I thought i was losing stamina quicker than before

Thanks for sharing
  • veil_
    veil_
    ✭✭✭
    Had it just now on my stamsorc T_T
  • Morgul667
    Morgul667
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I main a stamsorc too
  • BohnT
    BohnT
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Did you barswap before the drain happened?

There is an issue a lot of times that your resource bar jump up and down.

I see this a lot in cyro.
    I'm at 30k stamina and get a regen tick (now I'm at 32.2k stamina)
    Then another regen tick and I'm at 34.4k stamina and then the magic is happening.
    My stamina jump back to 30k then to 32.2k and then back to 30k again just to jump to 36.6k stamina.
    If this happens while you are on low resources you can't use skills regardless if you had enough resources before.
  • themotherconfessor25
    BohnT wrote: »

Then another regen tick and I'm at 34.4k stamina and then the magic is happening.
    My stamina jump back to 30k then to 32.2k and then back to 30k again just to jump to 36.6k stamina.
    If this happens while you are on low resources you can't use skills regardless if you had enough resources before.

no. in the no gear example i didn't have weapons slotted so bar swap was impossible. i heavy attacked with fists and used 2 skills. still had my regen canceled out with random stam dumps inbetween.
    Edited by themotherconfessor25 on May 24, 2018 1:30PM
    Twitter

• xRIVALENx
    xRIVALENx
    ✭✭✭
    Are your max magicka and stamina pools changing when you weapon swap? Could account for the 1707 Stamina and 1341 Magicka from unknown sources in one of those parses and rule them out.
  • themotherconfessor25
    xRIVALENx wrote: »
    Are your max magicka and stamina pools changing when you weapon swap? Could account for the 1707 Stamina and 1341 Magicka from unknown sources in one of those parses and rule them out.

yeah there is a stam difference when i bar swap, always has been. that POSSIBLY could account for the random 1707, etc. i'm not that smart with these things. i did a some light attacks and bar swapping just now and got this, though.

j3amheqcwofz.jpg

@ZOS_GinaBruno
    Edited by themotherconfessor25 on May 24, 2018 2:32PM
    Twitter

• BohnT
    BohnT
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭

no. in the no gear example i didn't have weapons slotted so bar swap was impossible. i heavy attacked with fists and used 2 skills. still had my regen canceled out with random stam dumps inbetween.

Do you know if the game was lagging while doing the test?
    I noticed it to be happening more frequently in laggy environments like trials or Cyrodiil so maybe that is one issue.
  • themotherconfessor25

Do you know if the game was lagging while doing the test?
    I noticed it to be happening more frequently in laggy environments like trials or Cyrodiil so maybe that is one issue.

not lagging when i did it. i posted my nothing but light attacks and bar swap test above. nothing but regen problems.
    Twitter

• Sanctum74
    Sanctum74
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/398149/random-rescource-drain-since-the-3-3-7-patch/p1
    Link to the original problem back in February, but Zos ghosted the thread and problem still exists.

Edit: It also affects magicka
    Edited by Sanctum74 on May 24, 2018 1:55PM
  • DoonerSeraph
    DoonerSeraph
    ✭✭✭✭
    Looks like this occurs when you bar swap with the regen tick. Ive got some negative ticks of 6k.
  • xRIVALENx
    xRIVALENx
    ✭✭✭
    That last parse clears the issue up a fair bit I would think, there is a problem linked to base regeneration. @ZOS_GinaBruno likely took a gander at this bug report already and made whomever handles these things aware.
  • themotherconfessor25
    yeah there may be a swap bug too. most noticeable for me right now is when i did the light attack and bar swap test it was literally just negative regen.
    Twitter

• themotherconfessor25
    but even on my test where i did not bar swap AT ALL i still had negative regen tick.
    Twitter

• themotherconfessor25
    here is one i just did with only HA -> Sub Assault -> HA -> Sub Assault
    No bar swap

so it may be related to bar swap. idk im getting all kinds of results when i try different things. :sweat:

bpclqpnet9kl.jpg

hyvxrtum1owj.jpg

Edited by themotherconfessor25 on May 24, 2018 2:15PM
    Twitter

• Lunatic_Dizzy
    Lunatic_Dizzy
    ✭✭✭
    Remember how in Skyrim you could contract disease and sickness and it would lower some stats? Seems they made their way here too. Quickly, Crown Store antibiotics for 5,000 crowns each STAT!
    XB1 / NA
    Lunatic Dizzy (Breton Mag Sorc DPS) *Main
    Lilith the Gilded Flame (Dunmer Mag DK DPS)
    Varissa the Black Widow (Dunmer Mag NB DPS)
    Soraya the Midnight Blade (Khajiit Stam NB DPS)
    Heals-with-the-Heavens (Argonian Templar Healer)
    Scales-of-Stonework (Argonian DK Tank)
  • Anastian
    Anastian
    ✭✭✭
    I thought I was crazed: it happened with Magicka as well. After a long fight in PvP I finally left combat and watched my bar going up and down for no reason. I was using no skills, but I kept gaining and losing resources with no explaination.
    I can confirm the bug but I can't say which is the source
  • radiospam
    radiospam
    ✭✭✭
    barswap is now considered a skill and uses stamina XD
    PC - NA - Daggerfall Covenant

Total Brutal
    Patch Notes
    Benrien'eth
    Perfect Teeth
    Voice of Y'ffre
    Madril Dres
    Loose Teeth
    One Salty Gurl
    One Salty Boi
    Maji Ben
  • themotherconfessor25
    radiospam wrote: »
    barswap is now considered a skill and uses stamina XD

:(
    Twitter

• themotherconfessor25
    if anyone else is having this happen, if you could post your fight report as well to show the resource drain that'd be great.
    Twitter